MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 166.jpg
MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 163.jpg
All Picts- 101.jpg
waldo-finds-himself.jpg
finishing my coffee.jpg
troll-chart-1.png
anger-1.gif
650L.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richthofen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#55 9 years ago

Wow. I haven't read the MMR stuff since September. Did something happen between then and now that people are looking to cancel in droves? I mean, if Stern is making the games, and they have a production run test machine, and are waiting on UL, I'd think they're not that far away?

I dunno. I trust Stern as a manufacturer. If PPS was doing this on their own I would be more worried, but Stern has the capacity to churn out games, and the reputation of getting them out the door.

Disclaimer: I do not have an MMR ordered.

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I know it's been mentioned before, but to me, the coin door issue is a dealbreaker.
However, I have zero legal experience, so what do I know?

Isn't it just the mechs? Aren't coin mechs like $25? If I am going to blow $8K on a pinball machine, $50 worth of mechs, mostly unused, wouldn't sway me. The thing that would sway me is years of waiting. JJP was 2+ years late with WOZ... and most people hung in there. If I recall correctly most of the cancellations were due to game design (ie. stop and go vs flow).

#91 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think you missed his point. He wasn't saying not delivering on time was okay, but he was saying that cancelling the MMR for another company that is probably not going to deliver on time is a pretty dumb when your reasoning for canceling MMR is they didn't deliver on time.

THIS. I mean, do we know what kind of factory Dutch Pinball, or any of the other boutiques have? I just don't get it. I mean, I sympathize, $8k is a lot of money and it sucks the game is late. But I think the timeframe originally was ambitious and executing a pinball machine in 1 year for mass manufacture is pretty friggin good. 6 months is late, but its not 2 years late. And there's lots of evidence that most game issues are resolved and its just creating the games, right? Am I missing something?

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Rick's handling of the announcement and blow-back was horrible PR and soured a lot of people on PPS's approach to customer service.

HA! This is the same hobby that loves Steve at the Pinball Resource, who was grossly rude to me, two years ago, as a newbie trying to order Gottlieb parts. I was trying to buy stuff and the dude ripped me a new one for having broken a post and not having a part number.

I dunno. I've been reading the PPS blog and there's a lot of info. If people had bad CS experiences with Rick, that sucks, but its MM! it's the #1 pinball machine of like, all time, man. I dunno. If I had an $8K bonus at work and had no other financial commitments on the horizon, I'd have already written the check.

#239 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Now you have the smaller guys like Heighway and Dutch that have proven their capabilities. Skitb and Jpop are on the verge hopefully.

None of these companies have shipped a single game to a paying customer. Dutch has proven they can produce a kickass prototype. Lots of custom pinball makers here on this forum have also done kickass custom machines. Ramping that up to a repeatable manufacturing process that requires hundreds of workers, millions of dollars of capital, expensive tools and facilities, etc etc etc... that's the real challenge in Pinball. Doing it profitably is incredibly hard. Why do you think Williams got out of the game?

#245 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No it wasn't.
Not even close. I don't buy for a second that he was acting out in some kind of role from the movie. Didn't even come close to appearing that way. What it came across as was unprofessional, and someone that was trying too hard to be cool.
Great product. Terrible presentation.

Gamora: I'm a warrior, an assassin. I don't dance.
Peter Quill: Really? Well, on my planet, we have a legend about people like you. It's called Footloose. And in it, a great hero, named Kevin Bacon, teaches an entire city full of people with sticks up their butts that, dancing, well, is the greatest thing there is.
Gamora: ...Who put the sticks up their butts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
$ 9.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richthofen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-refund-1?tu=richthofen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.