MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 166.jpg
MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 163.jpg
All Picts- 101.jpg
waldo-finds-himself.jpg
finishing my coffee.jpg
troll-chart-1.png
anger-1.gif
650L.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#294 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

A coin operated machine with no way to accept a coin? Who ever heard of such a thing???

Really? We're doing this again? It accepts coins. Pop in a coin-mech. Done.

Quoted from ShaunoftheDead:

If it had been announced as a limited run only, say 1000 units, it wouldve sold out. If it was announced as LE and regular production, it probably would have sold a lot less, with people waiting for the regular production to come to fruition as opposed to pre-paying/deposits...

At this point, it doesn't matter if it's "sold out". Once the game is shipped to buyers the game officially "exists", word of mouth will spread - and PPS can then market it to "regular" people. Right now, it's pretty much just on the hobbyists radar. You guys constantly forget the long term game....I hear it over and over with Stern - a game is a "flop" if the LEs don't sell in a day. However, they continue to market and sell these games for years! The first month is irrelevant. Seeing a handful of people dropping out of MMr at the moment is irrelevant.

The facts remain:

-A year and a half ago, a MM of "brand new" quality was ~$20k....now you can buy one for $8k.
-MMr is still MM & people love MM. New games and delays don't change this.
-MM is still better than the last few games Stern has released & most of the boutiques.
-It's being built by a legit factory, so once the UL delays are over, they're going to crank them out.

Finally, I've played it in person...and it's legit! I'm absolutely satisfied with my purchase based on playing it at Expo. Sure, they uber-OCD collectors will look closely at the art and maybe find a line that's a millimeter thicker than it used to be...it's been almost 20 years, it's not going to be 1 - but that's not the point. For every little nitpick, there are improvements like a shaker with sweet choreography, LED fade options, flipper strength options, DMD color options (and full color to come). It's a brand new MM experience for the price of a beater....and yes, you can say a beater is less now, but that wouldn't be the case if this didn't exist so...there ya go.

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

I agree to certain extent, but part of me feels that if they just initially came out with one model with a choice of trim but they were limiting production to 2,000 machines. I personally think people wouldn't have had a problem. It was that feeling of distrust they created when they added a new version less than 24 hours after the initial release. That rubbed many guys the wrong way.
Thanks
Mike

LE doesn't mean anything anymore, unless it's 500 or less. MMrLE and MMr Standard are the same game...the way I see it, the trim/shaker/thicker cab bottom are a bonus for pre-ordering/having faith in the company - just like Lebowski pre-orders get chrome trim & the rug. Didn't rub me the wrong way - for the same price I'm getting extra stuff!

#413 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

...and with Rarehero trolling people who make any form of criticism of PPS products, it would appear PPS's mole may cause a back-fire for desire to order any more from PPS.

Oh, the irony....the troll calling me a troll. Critique is one thing. Conspiracy theories about games shipping without legs is another.

Quoted from labnip:

without realizing it, has Rarehero pushed me into wanting to cancel my MMRLE order?

Put up or shut up...cancel your f*cking order. Means zero to me. If you want an MM, that's your loss, brotha.

Quoted from labnip:

is this an accident or is it some kind of planned manipulation

Seek help. I've never seen someone go so batshit from a "thumbs down".

#416 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

wow... pretty extreme there Rarehero.
Always thought you were a cool headed guy, but your mean personality score is changing.

Baiting is what trolls do. Just sayin'

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 84.99
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rarehero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-refund-1?tu=rarehero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.