MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 166.jpg
MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 163.jpg
All Picts- 101.jpg
waldo-finds-himself.jpg
finishing my coffee.jpg
troll-chart-1.png
anger-1.gif
650L.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edwinpblue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Has anyone asked for and received a refund recently? I Asked Jack G about a refund and he said maybe if my spot sells (I'm paraphrasing). That was mid summer. I have emailed twice since then and haven't heard anything. I am curious to see if anyone has received a refund on their deposit in the last 90 days. The reason why I'm trying to get a refund is 3 fold: 1) I'm downsizing my collection in anticipation of relocating south in 3 years, 2) the industry (pharma) that I am in has had massive downsizing recently & 3) with all the new manufactures sooner or later someone will go belly up before all the games are delivered. It's only a grand but I am still interested in a refund. Thoughts?

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Question: is he the one who is selling your spot or are you the one who needs to find the buyer? I guess what I am asking is if someone new called him does he sell them an entirely new spot or is there a list that Jack is running where he is actively transferring people's spot?
Or, do you not know?

His exacts words were "if I can sell your game I can give you a refund." I don't know if he is actively trying to sell my spot.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Assuming you're entitled to a refund, right. But if you agreed that the deposit would become non-refundable at some point, wouldn'tvg the distributor be entitled to either keep the refund, or if they're feeling nice, return it to you if you or they are able to find someone to take it?

As a law school dropout I don't know that deposits EVER become non refundable. I didn't pay $1000 for the consideration of purchasing an MMR. I didn't pay $1000 for the option to purchase at a later date. I paid $1000 towards the purchase of an $8000 MMR. The question is does Jack G owe a refund IF he has incurred expenses based upon my $1000 deposit. He could argue that if he refunds my deposit that he is hurt financially because of it; that argument is only valid if he fails to sell another game. If he has sold one single game (or taken a deposit on a game) since the moment that he received my email requesting a refund then I am entitled to a refund. For example let's say thru June 30th he has sold 50 games. On July 1st I ask for a refund. If at anytime AFTER my refund request he were to receive an order for a 51st game then he hasn't been hurt my my refund request. To my lawyer friends, is my reasoning sound?

#168 9 years ago

Another pinsider emailed asking "what's in it for Jack to offer a refund?" Only his reputation. JJ has gone on record here as saying he is refunding deposits for MMR. Coincidently I bought my IM VE from him and IF I buy NIB again I will make him my first call. Would I ever consider buying from Jack? Not if he keeps my deposit. I have purchased Wolverine, Tron, Avatar, IM VE & STLE all NIB and I have yet to find a dealer who seems to want my repeat business although JJ is probably there.

#311 9 years ago

So, to get back on point, has anyone placed a deposit with Jack G since July 7th? If they have then I would like to reach out to Jack G and request my refund. Thanks.

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We've not really approached many of the other resellers who did not get any LE's who want MMRs (Stds), as no point in doing that until the LE's are thru. So, we have many resellers who want to bulk order MMR Stds, but we just don't need to go there at this time as that will be a discussion for early next year. The market is growing by all accounts, and we see roughly the planned output we always had seen, despite all of the ups and downs. Of course we are disappointed that it's not out as that disappoints our customers - but it is what it is, and a new MMR with updated sound, display, new non-worn parts, new playfield, new cabinet, etc, upgraded lighting, shaker motor, etc is still attractive alternative to a used game without most of those features. And yes, I fully expect that purists want an original 'new' MM, but finding them for $8K will be a little bit of a challenge, but both will co-exist as the customers we sell to are the former.
rick

Great post! Does the politician care to address my initial question? Should refunds be provided?

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Technically it's passed the locked in date. You're going to have to work harder to get your deposit back in my opinion. Maybe PM Rick on the PPS forum?
He's not going to provide a refund out of the kindness of his heart and especially not publicly on this forum of all places.

The locked in date doesn't apply in a court of law. If the game is sold out AND there is a waiting list then there is no loss to the MMR people if refunds were issued. For example I could sign away my first born; that act doesn't mean that I need to turn over my oldest. A parking garage can put up a tiny sign saying they aren't resoonsible for theft then use that sign as a get out of jail free card when their employee steals from parked cars. I didn't agree to any terms with MMR. I sent a $1000 check as a down payment. That's it. No contract and no terms. Obviously filing suit against MMR is borderline unrealistic. Perhaps a class action could be filed but that still seems extreme. I (we) are giving guys like Rick and Jack the chance to do the right thing. The honorable thing. Unless they can show cause on there end that a refund would be harmful to them then refunds should be offered to those who ask. They are on record as saying the game is sold out with a waiting list; no harm would come to them if they issue refunds. I have emailed and heard nothing. Again will the powers that be involved with MMR issue a refund of my $1000? Jack? Rick? Do any of these people have honor? Do they operate within the same rules that they expect the rest of us to operate under?

#425 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Sooo did the OP get his refund?

No I haven't. Jack G hasn't responded to my last two emails. I hate airing dirty laundry in public but short of hiring an attorney I have little recourse. I plan to send another one after I respond here.

#427 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Emails can be easily overlooked. Send a certified letter.

I did email and I heard back minutes ago. He said (more or less) that I would get a refund. I will post when it arrives.

#433 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

what's more or less mean?

The email suggested payment will come and I am taking it in good faith; I would say thanksgiving is a reasonable amount of time for this to happen. That's almost 5 weeks. I will post when I do receive my refund.

1 week later
#440 9 years ago

As of today I haven't heard anything nor have I received a refund check. I am still taking Jack G at his word that a refund is in the works. It's ironic that the game I ordered AFTER MMR (IM VE) was ordered from JJ who has gone on record saying he is refunding money even though it may end up coming out of his pocket... If i do order a pin in the future it appears JJ will be the first person that I reach out to. I will post here when the refund arrives AND I will continue to post if it doesn't.
Ed

#447 9 years ago

Refund received today!

#455 9 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

In the last 48 hours when was the exact moment you regretted everything and want to reserve it again ?

I have no idea what you mean.

#459 9 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

He got it ,it was a joke ...

Ahhhh.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edwinpblue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-refund-1?tu=edwinpblue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.