MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 166.jpg
MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 163.jpg
All Picts- 101.jpg
waldo-finds-himself.jpg
finishing my coffee.jpg
troll-chart-1.png
anger-1.gif
650L.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bestshot31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

..... I want to play MM in my home. People taking chances with these new $8K machines is something I simply could never do. I don't care how flashy they are. Are they fun? Do they have staying power?
Plus I just don't have that kind of money to do this often.

I'm in total agreement with you, that MM is a tried and true pin and has stood the test of time already. I totally confused what was important to me in this hobby when I pulled out of my MMr deposit slot earlier this year. Then a couple of month afterwards, when researching all the new games, It dawned on me that I'm going to be spending as much for some of the newer games (Stern Pro games excluded). So why risk an investment on a game that's not as time tested as MM?

All I have to say is, patience, or quoting Aaron Rodgers of the Packers; "R-E-L-A-X".
MMr/MMrLE will be in full production and delivered soon. Don't be distracted by all the delays. It will be worth the wait.

Oh, and as far as the MMr resell market post delivery? Why would I sell a game that I know well and would treasure.....?!

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Wow ! Are pitchforks and torches on sale for pinsiders. Truth be told I was admittedly on the fence with this and at the last moment backed out and jumped back in ,why ,I want one. The opportunity to get out was fairly offered a few months ago,at least with PPS.
PPS found a way to reproduce a pin and make money. This also in turn reduced the price of a very, very expensive game. yea its totally F*@%ed up market value on the collectable side, point noted. PPS has also been very transparent on the manufacturing of it IMHO ( don't judge me ,I'm not anybody's fan-boy ). If you committed to it ,commit ,if you are not in "shut the front door" I'm sick of the whining Its a hobby for cripe sake.Unless this is affecting your mortgage payment you need to get over it. Now everybody's in love with TBL . Tell you what lets all bitch and complain ,get our money back, order from the new guy and start this process over again next year when what we really really wanted didn't show up in our limited attention time frame.
I've never tried one of these flame on suits but I'll put it on now.

Good point about PPS. It's their first venture in pinball manufacturing. Delays were part of the expectation for their first pin. No?

I just hope that PPS has learned their lesson from MMr/MMrLE.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I hope so also. Don't get me wrong, I think this whole " were going to make as many as needed past the Limited Edition" was greedy and has lead to this cluster f&*k. If they are able to learn anything learn that limiting things make them much more desirable .

Yeah, like JJP's WOZ Emerald City Limited Edition, WOZ standard edition, then the 75th Anniversary Edition. What's next? The "Extremely Limited Limited Edition"?

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

If there is anyone to blame it is the buyers who bought into the hype of an "affordable MM" and preordered before they were "all gone".
Another segment figured to make a bunch on the flip selling to those who "missed out".
Simple supply and demand and by next year it will be a full on buyer's market.

Sure, considering MM classics were going for well over $10,000, even for less than perfect PF/cabs, before the MMR announcement. Speculators as well as private hobbyists jumped quickly on the MMRLE at $8K, gladly paying the deposits. Especially since the early info fog stated that only 1,000 total units were being made. Then, MMR unlimited.....

My hope is that after all the MMR and MMRLEs are made, PPS & Chicago Gaming's next game will be much lower, especially for the standard/pro versions, to be in-line with Stern's pricing. After all, the infrastructure has been paid for, hopefully.

I can't believe I just said that; Stern actually being fair and the sound of reason???

#225 9 years ago

I realize that this topic is about MMr/MMrLE deposit refunds, but it's still about money. And many things could be best explained by "following the money".

Does anyone know what the profit is for a pinball machine, understanding that there are differences between companies, such as start up costs and licensing, etc...?

So, what is Stern's ballpark profit per pin shipped?
What is the speculation for PPS and MMR/MMRLE?
JJP?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bestshot31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-refund-1?tu=bestshot31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.