Topic Stats

• 468 posts
  • 116 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 36 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Lost N Space , TAF & MM 010.JPG
Lost N Space , TAF & MM 009.JPG
Lost N Space , TAF & MM 008.JPG
Lost N Space , TAF & MM 005.JPG
Lost N Space , TAF & MM 004.JPG
MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 168.jpg
MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 173.jpg
MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 167.jpg
MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 166.jpg
MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 163.jpg
All Picts- 101.jpg
waldo-finds-himself.jpg
finishing my coffee.jpg
troll-chart-1.png
anger-1.gif
650L.jpg

There are 468 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Agreed. Some people could afford $1,000 down hoping they'd be able to gather the rest before release. I'm sure some people decided it just wasn't worth spending that kind of money in the long run and I'm sure some couldn't get the money together.

i cancelled my order many months ago for the simple reason i would rather have my capitol deployed for a new machine. tbl or th were on my shopping list as alternatives. tbl has my money now and it is only 500$ more then mmre and i get the chrome and carpet.

i might buy mmre used down the road, but for 8k i just didn't see the value anymore. imo of course. i am sure the game will be great but i just want something fresh and exciting and that is tbl for me.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

The locked in date doesn't apply in a court of law. If the game is sold out AND there is a waiting list then there is no loss to the MMR people if refunds were issued. For example I could sign away my first born; that act doesn't mean that I need to turn over my oldest. A parking garage can put up a tiny sign saying they aren't resoonsible for theft then use that sign as a get out of jail free card when their employee steals from parked cars. I didn't agree to any terms with MMR. I sent a $1000 check as a down payment. That's it. No contract and no terms. Obviously filing suit against MMR is borderline unrealistic. Perhaps a class action could be filed but that still seems extreme. I (we) are giving guys like Rick and Jack the chance to do the right thing. The honorable thing. Unless they can show cause on there end that a refund would be harmful to them then refunds should be offered to those who ask. They are on record as saying the game is sold out with a waiting list; no harm would come to them if they issue refunds. I have emailed and heard nothing. Again will the powers that be involved with MMR issue a refund of my $1000? Jack? Rick? Do any of these people have honor? Do they operate within the same rules that they expect the rest of us to operate under?

Just to be clear, I'm not trying to argue against you. I simply feel it's going to be a pain to get a deposit refunded right now. Maybe once games are shipping it will be a different story. What do I know? Nothing much. Except we were told deposits are non refundable.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i cancelled my order many months ago for the simple reason i would rather have my capitol deployed for a new machine. tbl or th were on my shopping list as alternatives. tbl has my money now and it is only 500$ more then mmre and i get the chrome and carpet.
i might buy mmre used down the road, but for 8k i just didn't see the value anymore. imo of course. i am sure the game will be great but i just want something fresh and exciting and that is tbl for me.

That's awesome!

Please note I did type "some people" I know it's not covering every situation by any means.

I hope MMR is LE is not sold out and also hope they don't make standards. Would be better for me in the long run god forbid I'd have to sell the thing. I learned early on in this hobby you can't ever say you will keep a machine forever. In reality I'd expect and accept losing $2,000 after 1 year of ownership, but it also won't be exciting to lose that kind of money.

To me Rick doesn't have to be perfect in order for me to purchase from him. He just has to be a little bit better than all of those turds who were price gouging us with routed beat to hell machines.

And people can say Rick is now price gouging, but the rude awakening is that PPS is not going to do machines for less than $8,000. I'm sorry, it won't happen. If they would considering doing machines at $6,000 they would think they would be best adding 25% onto the cost in order to make dealing with all the crybabies worth all of the trouble.

Maybe MMR truly will be limited if all of these people are canceling.

#404 4 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

This reminds me of the time I was fighting for my life.......

That LeBoufe thing was awesome! Never seen it before. Glad you put it on here.
Mike

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

I just installed a 41 MM Keihin flatslide carb on my XR650 along with a White Bros. exhaust.
Now it really motors.
New Acerbis tank for a topper and I ain't gonna flip it but I almost did on the first test run.
(see how I worked MM and flipping in there to keep on topic)

I was thinking of MMR while cranking on my 650 L

650L.jpg

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

but the rude awakening is that PPS is not going to do machines for less than $8,000. I'm sorry, it won't happen.

If that's true, the rude awakening for PPS will be how few will spend $8k for a remake other than MMr.

That ship has sailed. Future PPS titles need to be in the $4k-$6k range or they won't stand a chance in the current market.

#407 4 years ago

...and with Rarehero trolling people who make any form of criticism of PPS products, it would appear PPS's mole may cause a back-fire for desire to order any more from PPS.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

I was thinking of MMR while cranking on my 650 L

650L.jpg 90 KB

Nice BRP I converted mine to strictly dirt and swapped out the 15T counter sprocket today for a 13T for more low end on the hills.
You may want to swap your 15T L to a 15T R primary sprocket you have to tap it on backwards with a hammer and a large socket to get the keeper on but it engages the entire spline on the shaft.
The L sprocket is notorious for stripping the main shaft then you have to pull the jug and split the cases to replace it.
Huge difference between the stock sprocket and the PBI R unit

amazon.com link »

Also if your CDI goes out you can cut the back open around the edges with your Dremel, carefully pry it off and reflow the board, no need to spend 2 bills to replace it.

#409 4 years ago

I'm in...I mean, it's a MM! I know what I'm getting, and what I'm getting is one of the top 3 pins of all time NIB!! To me it's a keeper and going to be worth it.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

...and with Rarehero trolling people who make any form of criticism of PPS products, it would appear PPS's mole may cause a back-fire for desire to order any more from PPS.

what?! rick's been cheating on me?? *sob*

#411 4 years ago

holy cow, i got a thumbs-up from Teekee

without realizing it, has Rarehero pushed me into wanting to cancel my MMRLE order?
this is truly nuts !
what the bleep has happened ?

is this an accident or is it some kind of planned manipulation

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If that's true, the rude awakening for PPS will be how few will spend $8k for a remake other than MMr.
That ship has sailed. Future PPS titles need to be in the $4k-$6k range or they won't stand a chance in the current market.

I agree...this hobby is in uncharted waters, it's going to be interesting to see where it goes from here.

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Oh, the irony....the troll calling me a troll. Critique is one thing. Conspiracy theories about games shipping without legs is another.

Quoted from labnip:

without realizing it, has Rarehero pushed me into wanting to cancel my MMRLE order?

Put up or shut up...cancel your f*cking order. Means zero to me. If you want an MM, that's your loss, brotha.

Quoted from labnip:

is this an accident or is it some kind of planned manipulation

Seek help. I've never seen someone go so batshit from a "thumbs down".

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh, the irony....the troll calling me a troll. Critique is one thing. Conspiracy theories about games shipping without legs is another.

Put up or shut up...cancel your f*cking order. Means zero to me. If you want an MM, that's your loss, brotha.

Seek help. I've never seen someone go so batshit from a "thumbs down".

wow... pretty extreme there Rarehero.
Always thought you were a cool headed guy, but your mean personality score is changing.

anger-1.gif

troll-chart-1.png

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm in...I mean, it's a MM! I know what I'm getting, and what I'm getting is one of the top 3 pins of all time NIB!! To me it's a keeper and going to be worth it.

You're the man. its going to be awesome.

I feel childish but when I seen that username with the word teekee in it I LOL'd for real.

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

wow... pretty extreme there Rarehero.
Always thought you were a cool headed guy, but your mean personality score is changing.

Baiting is what trolls do. Just sayin'

#417 4 years ago

#418 4 years ago

Sooo did the OP get his refund?

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Have to agree with this, Whysnow. And consumer protection laws may vary state to state, so unless you've done actual research on both the law and the actual contracts (oral or written) that MMr buyers have with their various distributors, you might want to tone down the black and white legal analysis you've offered here and in other threads. Doesn't mean you're wrong, but I question how you can be so sure that all MMr buyers have an open-and-shut case for a full refund at this point.

He's in Wisconsin. He is absolutely correct. If you reside there, you can demand a refund. If the seller (distro. or mfgr.)will not issue a refund you, have aLawyer there send a love letter for you. They charge about fifty bucks which is well worth it.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Sounds like you're still trying to convince yourself...

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

has Rarehero pushed me into wanting to cancel my MMRLE order?

Rarehero who?

And at this point you can't cancel can you? And no one's buying it unless you're gonna offer a big discount... of course there is that waiting list.

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Rarehero who?
And at this point you can't cancel can you? And no one's buying it unless you're gonna offer a big discount... of course there is that waiting list.

I canceled no problem so apparently you can still cancel since PPS broke their deadline, essentially breaking the contract for the deposits.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I canceled no problem so apparently you can still cancel since PPS broke their deadline, essentially breaking the contract for the deposits.

Just shocking to see several selling for deep discounts instead of just canceling.

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Just shocking to see several selling for deep discounts instead of just canceling.

I know beats me why they are doing that??

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Sooo did the OP get his refund?

No I haven't. Jack G hasn't responded to my last two emails. I hate airing dirty laundry in public but short of hiring an attorney I have little recourse. I plan to send another one after I respond here.

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

No I haven't. Jack G hasn't responded to my last two emails. I hate airing dirty laundry in public but short of hiring an attorney I have little recourse. I plan to send another one after I respond here.

Emails can be easily overlooked. Send a certified letter.

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Emails can be easily overlooked. Send a certified letter.

I did email and I heard back minutes ago. He said (more or less) that I would get a refund. I will post when it arrives.

#428 4 years ago

what's more or less mean?

#429 4 years ago

Your situation was a little different though as you just had your deposit moved from MMr to another pin, correct?

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

If he emails any more, he will get less.

#431 4 years ago

hehehe...

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Your situation was a little different though as you just had your deposit moved from MMr to another pin, correct?

Yes, that is true.

#433 4 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

The email suggested payment will come and I am taking it in good faith; I would say thanksgiving is a reasonable amount of time for this to happen. That's almost 5 weeks. I will post when I do receive my refund.

#434 4 years ago

MM?
I can get you an MM by 3 o'clock with a dragon toilet paper holder topper.

finishing my coffee.jpg

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

I did email and I heard back minutes ago. He said (more or less) that I would get a refund. I will post when it arrives.

i am really glad jack came through on this for you. count your lucky stars you could get out of it.

#436 4 years ago

Yes, that is true.

You picking up a Hobbit now Quarter?

#437 4 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

You picking up a Hobbit now Quarter?

No a Wooly. I was not impressed with TH at all. Too bad because the theme is so good.

#438 4 years ago

Oh snap, nice! JJP is a Wooly distributor?

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

The email suggested payment will come and I am taking it in good faith; I would say thanksgiving is a reasonable amount of time for this to happen. That's almost 5 weeks. I will post when I do receive my refund.

Good for you man. It would suck for anyone to lose a deposit for any reason. Sorry to see you leave though.

1 week later
#440 4 years ago

As of today I haven't heard anything nor have I received a refund check. I am still taking Jack G at his word that a refund is in the works. It's ironic that the game I ordered AFTER MMR (IM VE) was ordered from JJ who has gone on record saying he is refunding money even though it may end up coming out of his pocket... If i do order a pin in the future it appears JJ will be the first person that I reach out to. I will post here when the refund arrives AND I will continue to post if it doesn't.
Ed

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

JJ will be the first person that I reach out to.

Yup. The best choice for this and many similar reasons.

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Yup. The best choice for this and many similar reasons.

JJ's (Game Exchange) customer service is definitely top notch.

#443 4 years ago

Agreed. I know JJ personally and he is a stand up guy. I'll be ordering my future purchases thru him.

#444 4 years ago

I was told the same thing from Jack for a refund btw. Haven't heard back and it's been the two weeks.

#445 4 years ago

Hi Waldo ,
Where are you?

#446 4 years ago

waldo-finds-himself.jpg

#447 4 years ago

Refund received today!

#448 4 years ago

Recieved mine as well!

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

Refund received today!

In the last 48 hours when was the exact moment you regretted everything and want to reserve it again ?

#450 4 years ago

I can get my hand'z on these 2 Pin's rite Now .. They were in a Home Collection 4 Year's ..

My Pin Tech- Jack has them on Consignment 4 the Owner @ his Shop !! but Not Cheap ,, the Best bet is 2 buy Both in a Combo deal & I could help out w/ that

and to PinHead87 ,, Ur giving me a Thumbs Down Everywhere i Post ,, Get a Life !!! Jer-Kof

All Picts- 101.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 468 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside