MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 166.jpg
MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 163.jpg
All Picts- 101.jpg
waldo-finds-himself.jpg
finishing my coffee.jpg
troll-chart-1.png
anger-1.gif
650L.jpg
There are 468 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.
#351 9 years ago

Nice! I had an xr400 for a while but that thing was too heavy for me. Can't imagine handling the big red pig!

#352 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Are you referring to buying a pin from you?

considering I highlight as many flaws as possible and have an attention to detail, no...

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Nice! I had an xr400 for a while but that thing was too heavy for me. Can't imagine handling the big red pig!

I am 6'2'' and weigh almost as much as the BRP so tossing it around isn't a problem.
After ripping off all of the smog crap and installing a pumper carb and exhaust it doesn't have the low end stall anymore and I can't just twist the throttle like I used to in 2nd and 3rd I have to roll it on or it goes apeshit.

#354 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Plus you avoid the hassle of selling a game people are going to be low balling like crazy. I faced this trying to sell my IM after the vault. Re-makes are bad for the hobby. Everything was better a year ago because you did not have so much uncertainty when you bought a game. Teekee is right.

Hold the phone, someone sold a nib IM 2010 for $7000 the week before the IM VE was sold for $4800.

How is this fair? I love IM but the price was $6000 to $5000 (used) now you can buy brand new one for less, now I call that a win for me and a win for Stern and a win for 500 other buyers. Stern doesn't owe it to previous owners to end production of a game. IM is not a limited edition game, it's a standard game, Stern has remade games like LOTR, SM, POTC, Tron.

#355 9 years ago

Whysnow, in all honesty you might want to get a life or a new hobby. your index-416.jpegindex-416.jpeg

is getting old!

Do you even have skin in the game?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Would you buy a game from a guy that only points out the highlights and glosses over all the issues?
Serious question?

yea, i did, sleep well at night too.

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We've not really approached many of the other resellers who did not get any LE's who want MMRs (Stds), as no point in doing that until the LE's are thru. So, we have many resellers who want to bulk order MMR Stds, but we just don't need to go there at this time as that will be a discussion for early next year. The market is growing by all accounts, and we see roughly the planned output we always had seen, despite all of the ups and downs. Of course we are disappointed that it's not out as that disappoints our customers - but it is what it is, and a new MMR with updated sound, display, new non-worn parts, new playfield, new cabinet, etc, upgraded lighting, shaker motor, etc is still attractive alternative to a used game without most of those features. And yes, I fully expect that purists want an original 'new' MM, but finding them for $8K will be a little bit of a challenge, but both will co-exist as the customers we sell to are the former.
rick

Great post! Does the politician care to address my initial question? Should refunds be provided?

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Spooky? Is that out yet?

Yes, it is out and I own one. Awesome game.
Terry.

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

Great post! Does the politician care to address my initial question? Should refunds be provided?

Technically it's passed the locked in date. You're going to have to work harder to get your deposit back in my opinion. Maybe PM Rick on the PPS forum?

He's not going to provide a refund out of the kindness of his heart and especially not publicly on this forum of all places.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#360 9 years ago

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

have skin in the game?

Quoted from PPS:

but it is what it is

No thread is complete until these two things are said.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#363 9 years ago
Quoted from Teekeesuxcock:

You should really re-read your nonsense before posting you sound really stupid and people don't care about what you think about pinball you don't even own 1 A-title ?

this account should last a long time.

#364 9 years ago

This user seems legit!

#365 9 years ago

Cool name.

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

Rick skated around that one didn't he.

#367 9 years ago

It is what it is.

#368 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

it's starting too right now
...and it's not something i'm happy about, but it's here...

Close but the poke comes up from the bottom.

bubble.gifbubble.gif

#369 9 years ago

you sir...

...are correct

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Does one of them give out thumbs down like a pez candy dispenser?
I kid, I kid.

Hook. Line. Sinker.
Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 4.54.31 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-24 at 4.54.31 AM.png
Careful not to abuse the thumbs down feature my good man. I was guessing who the poster was referring to; to which he thumbed me up. I take it I guessed correctly. What exactly didn't you agree with in my post that warranted a thumbs down?

#371 9 years ago
Quoted from Teekeesuxcock:

You should really re-read your nonsense before posting you sound really stupid and people don't care about what you think about pinball you don't even own 1 A-title ?

May want to do an IP search on this guy. Would be interesting to see who it really is.

#372 9 years ago

Yes, very cool name! I'm glad I have so much power and influence here on Pinside... overwhelming at times but I can handle it. Robin, maybe its time to promote me? Pinside Advisor/Counselor... something fancy?

Sorry I had to freeze his account but there's only one Teekee and I don't even like poultry...

#373 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Serious answer...
I am not worked up about this at all. This is an online forum for discussing pinball. No more, no less.
That said, I do not consider it wasted time or energy to hang out and talk pinball with other pinheads. I genuinely care about OUR hobby and by and large it is very evident to me that some companies are more concerned with taking as much as they possibly can from my fellow pinheads while doing nothing for the hobby itself. I can read through all the BS pretty clear and hope a few others wake up and realize whom they are tossing money at.
Would you buy a game from a guy that only points out the highlights and glosses over all the issues?
Serious question?

You care about the hobby more than I do I guess.

I'm in on MMR if that answers your question.

In my eyes any question or concern of mine have been addressed.

Thanks to others for speaking up. I don't feel alone at least.

#374 9 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

there's only one Teekee and I don't even like poultry...

LMAO, great comeback I must say.

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

You care about the hobby more than I do I guess.
I'm in on MMR if that answers your question.
In my eyes any question or concern of mine have been addressed.
Thanks to others for speaking up. I don't feel alone at least.

all that matters in the end is that you are happy with your decision.

#376 9 years ago

Wow name alone should get you the frozen account.

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Hook. Line. Sinker.

Careful not to abuse the thumbs down feature my good man. I was guessing who the poster was referring to; to which he thumbed me up. I take it I guessed correctly. What exactly didn't you agree with in my post that warranted a thumbs down?
Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 4.54.3... 347 KB

Calling individual posters out repeatedly is a violation of forum rules. What is this, like the fourth time you've mentioned me by name in this thread alone? Keep it up by all means.

#378 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is what it is.

You get what you get and you don't throw a fit

#379 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Technically it's passed the locked in date. You're going to have to work harder to get your deposit back in my opinion. Maybe PM Rick on the PPS forum?
He's not going to provide a refund out of the kindness of his heart and especially not publicly on this forum of all places.

The locked in date doesn't apply in a court of law. If the game is sold out AND there is a waiting list then there is no loss to the MMR people if refunds were issued. For example I could sign away my first born; that act doesn't mean that I need to turn over my oldest. A parking garage can put up a tiny sign saying they aren't resoonsible for theft then use that sign as a get out of jail free card when their employee steals from parked cars. I didn't agree to any terms with MMR. I sent a $1000 check as a down payment. That's it. No contract and no terms. Obviously filing suit against MMR is borderline unrealistic. Perhaps a class action could be filed but that still seems extreme. I (we) are giving guys like Rick and Jack the chance to do the right thing. The honorable thing. Unless they can show cause on there end that a refund would be harmful to them then refunds should be offered to those who ask. They are on record as saying the game is sold out with a waiting list; no harm would come to them if they issue refunds. I have emailed and heard nothing. Again will the powers that be involved with MMR issue a refund of my $1000? Jack? Rick? Do any of these people have honor? Do they operate within the same rules that they expect the rest of us to operate under?

#380 9 years ago

There might be a lot of $8k options in 2015 but are any of them the #1 on Pinside Top 100?

#381 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

If the game is sold out

No...

Quoted from edwinpblue:

AND there is a waiting list

And, no...

#382 9 years ago

Of course its not sold out. People have been bailing for many months for sure. Buyers remorse starting setting in for some people the day they put their deposit down . $8,000 +

#383 9 years ago

$5500 for a HUO MMR and I am in.

#384 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

Has anyone asked for and received a refund recently? I Asked Jack G about a refund and he said maybe if my spot sells (I'm paraphrasing). That was mid summer. I have emailed twice since then and haven't heard anything. I am curious to see if anyone has received a refund on their deposit in the last 90 days. The reason why I'm trying to get a refund is 3 fold: 1) I'm downsizing my collection in anticipation of relocating south in 3 years, 2) the industry (pharma) that I am in has had massive downsizing recently & 3) with all the new manufactures sooner or later someone will go belly up before all the games are delivered. It's only a grand but I am still interested in a refund. Thoughts?

Moral of the story, once again and far too many times repeated,.....

Stop with the preorder of games! You essentially forfeit you rights as a consumer, which is choice. Why lock into a company and product that you've never actually seen with a completed, bug-free product?

#385 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I laughed my butt off when I read this because it is true
I don't want to name names but there are two people that are glued to ricks ass at all times.

This is the most accurate post yet! HATS OFF.jpgHATS OFF.jpg

Post edited by chrisjens2: wrong quote initially

#386 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Of course its not sold out. People have been bailing for many months for sure. Buyers remorse starting setting in for some people the day they put their deposit down . $8,000 +

BTB.jpgBTB.jpg

#387 9 years ago

This reminds me of the time I was fighting for my life.......

#388 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Calling individual posters out repeatedly is a violation of forum rules. What is this, like the fourth time you've mentioned me by name in this thread alone? Keep it up by all means.

Calling you out? Hardly. More like making sure your witch hunt of thumbs downing is highlighted. Nice try playing the victim role though.

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Calling you out? Hardly. More like making sure your witch hunt of thumbs downing is highlighted. Nice try playing the victim role though.

it's not personal. i thumbs-down posts that are uninformed or trolly. if receiving them bothers you, try improving your posting. whining about it certainly won't have any effect.

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

This reminds me of the time I was fighting for my life.......
» YouTube video

+1 for introducing me to that video!

#391 9 years ago

Teekee explaining MM, AFM, MB ponzi economics to newbies:

image.jpgimage.jpg

PPS and Stern explaining Supply and Demand - we know how this scene ends.

image-198.jpgimage-198.jpg

#392 9 years ago

#393 9 years ago

Sure thing man. Any challenge to your ideals or your precious MMr equates to uniformed and trolly. Gotcha. I guess if I stumbled around a keyboard getting my point across, I would hide in the shadows of thumbing people down too. To each their own. I'll just do my thing keeping track of your thumbing vendetta, because, you know, it's nothing personal. I'm done on my end. Have a good one man.

#394 9 years ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

$5500 for a HUO MMR and I am in.

No thanks. That's still more than I paid for my very nice original a decade ago. And I was afraid I was spending too much.

#395 9 years ago

So there is delays in the machine being brought to fruition and there are numerous questions that buyers have that don't get addressed. This is all sounding so familiar!!!

#396 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Sure thing man. Any challenge to your ideals or your precious MMr equates to uniformed and trolly. Gotcha.

not at all. valid criticism is cool, regardless of the topic. trolling / idiocy / pointless negativity gets a thumbs down from me, though, regardless of who posted it.

I guess if I stumbled around a keyboard getting my point across, I would hide in the shadows of thumbing people down too.

i haven't insulted you once. in fact i've gone out of my way to say it's the content i'm thumbing down, not you personally.

I'll just do my thing keeping track of your thumbing vendetta

creepy.

I'm done on my end. Have a good one man.

in my experience, people who declare themselves done with an argument on the internet are usually just getting started. hope i'm wrong, though, because this is tedious and off-topic.

#397 9 years ago
Quoted from yonkiman:

+1 for introducing me to that video!

You are welcome, it's an amazing video...

#398 9 years ago

Skins, don't take a thumbs down so hard, it just means he doesn't agree with you. It's not a punch in the face.

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

You get what you get

and like it!!!

#400 9 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

Agreed. Some people could afford $1,000 down hoping they'd be able to gather the rest before release. I'm sure some people decided it just wasn't worth spending that kind of money in the long run and I'm sure some couldn't get the money together.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 468 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-refund-1/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.