MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 166.jpg
MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 163.jpg
All Picts- 101.jpg
waldo-finds-himself.jpg
finishing my coffee.jpg
troll-chart-1.png
anger-1.gif
650L.jpg
There are 468 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.
#301 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Don't forget they should have limited production to 1000 games.
Had they done that I do not feel we would be having half these conversations now

The irony is that some people probably bailed just because of the unlimited run, and at the end of this, it seems possible that less than 1000 will be built anyway.

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

The cursing on stage was totally inline with the cursing used in the movie. Maybe you have not seen the movie yet?
» YouTube video
If you want a PG rated bowling themed pin, check out 300, Strikes & Spares, or Pin-up.

Seen it in the theatre, it was tough to find where I live. Guessing it was only limited theaters everywhere. No big deal. I don't have the cleanest mouth in the world, but from a business it just looked lame to me.

This is what happens when you..... Best line in the movie.

#303 9 years ago

NO! My LE will have a plaque! You CANNOT say it's meaningless!! It has a number!! How can it not mean anything!

Quoted from Rarehero:

LE doesn't mean anything anymore, unless it's 500 or less. MMrLE and MMr Standard are the same game...the way I see it, the trim/shaker/thicker cab bottom are a bonus for pre-ordering/having faith in the company - just like Lebowski pre-orders get chrome trim & the rug. Didn't rub me the wrong way - for the same price I'm getting extra stuff!

MMR is using the same parts and processes that HEP would use to restore a game. So, if we can't compare it to a 1990's MM, I guess we'll have to compare it to a HEP MM then.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Sure, they uber-OCD collectors will look closely at the art and maybe find a line that's a millimeter thicker than it used to be...it's been almost 20 years, it's not going to be 1 - but that's not the point.

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

And that's why I haven't ordered one yet. No need to either since there isn't a run number limit.

This is exactly why I have not, and will not, preorder this pin as well.

Can't wait until they are widely available and shipping. That's going to be quite some time though.

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I still don't get why this is such a big deal to people. since when has ANY pinball from say JJP or Stern had a limited run number? ALL manufacturers as far as I know only limit the LE version of their games. why is this only a sticking point for PPS?

We were talking about TBL. Sorry for the off topic discussion, which understandably led to your confusion.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For the most part, I don't think the mass demand for refunds was caused by a disappointment in the game itself. Most people I've talked to seem to be happy with how MMr turned out. What happened is that the pinball climate changed tremendously since last Expo where everybody was tripping over each other to get it on the pre-order. Pinball prices have since declined, and there are also a bunch of impressive boutique titles that are now vying for people's hard earned cash. On top of that, people have money tied up in pricey Stern games like ST, Mustang and TWD.
Ironically, it was MMr that sparked the whole decline in prices. Once the price of original MM's started to go down, it set off a domino effect on the whole market. PPS also really hurt themselves by not having the game ready on time. If they had been able to adhere to the original timeline, they wouldn't be in this mess.

Correct. Gotta hit while the iron is hot.

If they were able to have stayed on schedule, they more than likely would have been in a situation where they were announcing the title of their next remake, instead of giving a presentation that left everybody cold since there was no "epic announcement".

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Silly Pinballhog, This is Pinside 10% factual information 90% Bunk, Hooyee ,BS, Speculative horse crap, Emotional vomit, Poppycock, Hearsay, and POOH.

Not to be confused with this guy.

untitled-880.png 40 KB

in other words...
Better than TV.

popcorn-sock-1.gifpopcorn-sock-1.gif

#308 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LE doesn't mean anything anymore

Although I agree with this statement (I bought a STLE ) I believe part of the frustration here is that the game was not a limited production.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

in other words...
Better than TV.

Great GIF LMAO

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

(I bought a STLE )

Full RGB LED's make the LE worth it on Star Trek, IMO. If you like the game that is

#311 9 years ago

So, to get back on point, has anyone placed a deposit with Jack G since July 7th? If they have then I would like to reach out to Jack G and request my refund. Thanks.

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

MMR is using the same parts and processes that HEP would use to restore a game. So, if we can't compare it to a 1990's MM, I guess we'll have to compare it to a HEP MM then.

Are you seriously trying to say that MMr will even be close to what HEP does?
If so, you have no idea what you are talking about, nor do you have the attention to detail needed to reasonably make that assessment.

#313 9 years ago

I have access to recent MM HEP restore, I'll be sure and let you know.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Are you seriously trying to say that MMr will even be close to what HEP does?

#314 9 years ago

Whysnow your name should be changed to Whyrain. Because you like to rain on everyones parade!

#315 9 years ago

blame it on the rain....

#316 9 years ago

I wonder. . .let's say when the dust settles there are 900 MMrLEs sold on preorder. Will they make 1,000? If so, will they then make a number of 'standards'?

Maybe they will make 1,000 LEs (as distributors are probably stuck with their allotment), but 100 remain with distributors after preorders are shipped. Will they make standards?

There doesn't seem to be a waitlist for LEs. . .

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

blame it on the rain....

#318 9 years ago

They sold a thousand (to distributors), they will make a thousand.

Quoted from Rush1169:

let's say when the dust settles there are 900 MMrLEs sold on preorder.

#319 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This part of your post was awesome. I don't see how this point could be challenged reasonably.

This part of your post was not awesome. There has been innovation (granted, I think RFM was more advanced than any game produced by Stern) over the past fifteen years. Color changing LED's is big, deeper code and rule sets is big (compare the rules on BSD or DW to LOTRs or WOZ...), there are other improvements we have all seen especially the last couple of years.

I total agree with you. I love my LOTR and WOZ. I not talking about all the new machines just most of the new Sterns. Again this is just my opinion. Now something I don't agree with you on is that purple & gold tiger. That needs to be removed because that is very offensive Lol! WoooPigSooie!!!

#320 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I have access to recent MM HEP restore, I'll be sure and let you know.

I owned a HEP MM restore, and it was enough to make me know I would probably never be satisfied with one of these. Just the presentation and pics I had available before my purchase showed an unequaled pride of workmanship. After I see and play one of these, I will let you know.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

I wonder. . .let's say when the dust settles there are 900 MMrLEs sold on preorder. Will they make 1,000? If so, will they then make a number of 'standards'?
Maybe they will make 1,000 LEs (as distributors are probably stuck with their allotment), but 100 remain with distributors after preorders are shipped. Will they make standards?

More and more people are fed up with all this preordering bs and want to buy pins that are available... I do, and all the pinheads around me too.. having only 900 preorders does not mean at all that the remaining 100 won't sell.. when they are available.

#322 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

They sold a thousand (to distributors), they will make a thousand.

poor distributors… are they asking for a refund yet?

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

For the most part, I don't think the mass demand for refunds was caused by a disappointment in the game itself. Most people I've talked to seem to be happy with how MMr turned out. What happened is that the pinball climate changed tremendously since last Expo where everybody was tripping over each other to get it on the pre-order. Pinball prices have since declined, and there are also a bunch of impressive boutique titles that are now vying for people's hard earned cash. On top of that, people have money tied up in pricey Stern games like ST, Mustang and TWD.
Ironically, it was MMr that sparked the whole decline in prices. Once the price of original MM's started to go down, it set off a domino effect on the whole market. PPS also really hurt themselves by not having the game ready on time. If they had been able to adhere to the original timeline, they wouldn't be in this mess.

You said it perfectly right here!

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

We've not really approached many of the other resellers who did not get any LE's who want MMRs (Stds), as no point in doing that until the LE's are thru. So, we have many resellers who want to bulk order MMR Stds, but we just don't need to go there at this time as that will be a discussion for early next year. The market is growing by all accounts, and we see roughly the planned output we always had seen, despite all of the ups and downs. Of course we are disappointed that it's not out as that disappoints our customers - but it is what it is, and a new MMR with updated sound, display, new non-worn parts, new playfield, new cabinet, etc, upgraded lighting, shaker motor, etc is still attractive alternative to a used game without most of those features. And yes, I fully expect that purists want an original 'new' MM, but finding them for $8K will be a little bit of a challenge, but both will co-exist as the customers we sell to are the former.

rick

#325 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We've not really approached many of the other resellers who did not get any LE's who want MMRs (Stds), as no point in doing that until the LE's are thru. So, we have many resellers who want to bulk order MMR Stds, but we just don't need to go there at this time as that will be a discussion for early next year. The market is growing by all accounts, and we see roughly the planned output we always had seen, despite all of the ups and downs. Of course we are disappointed that it's not out as that disappoints our customers - but it is what it is, and a new MMR with updated sound, display, new non-worn parts, new playfield, new cabinet, etc, upgraded lighting, shaker motor, etc is still attractive alternative to a used game without most of those features. And yes, I fully expect that purists want an original 'new' MM, but finding them for $8K will be a little bit of a challenge, but both will co-exist as the customers we sell to are the former.
rick

I have been critical of your delivery at times, Rick; but that was an exceptional post. Not that what I think matters in the grand scheme but my hats off to you. Kudos!

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

I am in no way concerned about MMR taking longer to get completed & shipped.
I absolutely would prefer it takes longer to design, QA, certify, manufacture, QA again, then ship.
...Instead of a rush job with shipped issues.

Please, please, please... take your time working on MMR and making it the most amazing pin it can be.
I'm in.

#327 9 years ago

I dropped out earlier this week and had my $1000 deposit switched to TWDLE no problem, no questions asked.

#328 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

As I like to say, Hurry Up Take Your Time!

#329 9 years ago

What is the min number of games Stern needs to make be it PPS or VE.

#330 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I dropped out earlier this week and had my $1000 deposit switched to TWDLE no problem, no questions asked.

Of all the machines to switch to...why TWDLE???

#331 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

i was thinking the same thing.

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm guessing because it is here and now... not some distant hope.

#333 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

I'm guessing because it is here and now... not some distant hope.

Hmmm, I've yet to see one of those.
It's soon. Very soon. But not now. But good point. Probably his reason.

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I already had a deposit on one so I just added the 1000 MMR deposits to it. I will be getting Wooly instead of MMR.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#336 9 years ago

in before the thread eject!

#337 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

in before the thread eject!

+1

ps. Tron RULES !!!

#338 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

11 thumbs up and this is all I see. I expect pezpunk to thumbs down this in 2 seconds...

Thumbs up wanker.jpg 11 KB

It just highlights how disinterested you are in honest discourse. It was a pretty straightforward and innocuous post on Rick's part. No matter what Rick says, you are going to attack him for it, admit it.

Good for you realizing your comment was dumb enough to warrant a thumbs down, though. That's the first step to self-improvement.

#339 9 years ago

....suddenly turning away from the Charger/ Bronco game.

#340 9 years ago

Coming Spring '15 to FX "The Pinball Attorney" watch the bubble burst..

#341 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

It just highlights how disinterested you are in honest discourse. No matter what Rick says, you are going to attack him for it. Admit it.

I just dont jerk him off for everything he says. I also call complete BS on what he is saying.

Why would he not be not be approaching resellers (aren't they distributors BTW? when do you start calling your distributors resellers? WTF?) to sell them whatever game they want? Complete BS! Also, no mention of a "waitlist" for LEs as it obviously does not exist or everyone whom wants a refund would be getting their $$$ back immediately. You should all be way more concerned that now the story changes for the first time and he admits the LEs are not 'done'. Then he claims this was expected from the start??? WTH? gullible much?

You are oblivious if you think the market for MMR is growing and that is evidenced just from those that have bailed on pinside in the past week.

He then tries to talk about all the "great things" and neglects to even mention the issues (wrong switches, why present non-pitched games. frame tearing issues, etc...) It is starting to sound like the scammers that sell you a turd but only up sell the positives without acknowledging the issues.

Lastly he tries to say that buying an original at 8k is a challenge when he damn well knows they are easily found currently (probably not in the future when people re-evaluate the crap he is pushing and decide they want the real thing)

quoted for posterity below

Quoted from PPS:

rick

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Coming Spring '15 to FX "The Pinball Attorney" watch the bubble burst..

it's starting too right now
...and it's not something i'm happy about, but it's here...

bubble-burst-slow-mo.gifbubble-burst-slow-mo.gif

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just dont jerk him off for everything he says.

I laughed my butt off when I read this because it is true
I don't want to name names but there are two people that are glued to ricks ass at all times.

#344 9 years ago

tp-1.jpgtp-1.jpg

#345 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I just dont jerk him off for everything he says. I also call complete BS on what he is saying.
Why would he not be not be approaching resellers (aren't they distributors BTW? when do you start calling your distributors resellers? WTF?) to sell then whatever game they want? Complete BS! Also, no mention of a "waitlist" for LEs as is obviously does not exist or everyone whom wants a refund would be getting their $$$ back immediately. You shoudl al be way nire concerned that now the story changes for the first time and he admits the LEs are not done. Then he claims this was expect from the start??? WTH? gulible much?
You are oblivious if you think the market for MMR is growing and that is evidenced just from those that have bailed on pinside in the past week.
He then tries to talk about all the "great things" and neglects to even mention the issues (wrong swithces, non-pitched games. frame tearing, etc...) It is starting to sound like the scammers that sell you a turd but only up sell the positives without acknowledging the issues.
Lastly he tries to say that buying an original at 8k is a challenge when he damn well knows they are easily found currently (probably not in the future when people re-evaluate the crap he is pushing and decide they want the real thing)
quoted for posterity below

Why are you so worked up? That's a serious question.

If you are not in on the preorder why waste time on this?

Rick did address the issues on the PPS forum today.

I must be the perfect customer as I have not had a single worry, yet (key word).

I committed to purchasing MMR and I'm sticking with it. If it gets pushed past 1st qtr 2015 then I might have a reason to be disappointed.

Anyway I just didn't understand the time and energy you waste on this. If it's a dumb answer then I know to add you to the blocked list.

#346 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I laughed my butt off when I read this because it is true
I don't want to name names but there are two people that are glued to ricks ass at all times.

Does one of them give out thumbs down like a pez candy dispenser?

I kid, I kid.

#347 9 years ago

"I just dont jerk him off for everything he says."

So Whysnow what your saying is you sometimes jerk him off?
I deduce you may be one of the persons that is stuck to his ass!

#348 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Why are you so worked up? That's a serious question.

Anyway I just didn't understand the time and energy you waste on this. If it's a dumb answer then I know to add you to the blocked list.

Serious answer...

I am not worked up about this at all. This is an online forum for discussing pinball. No more, no less.

That said, I do not consider it wasted time or energy to hang out and talk pinball with other pinheads. I genuinely care about OUR hobby and by and large it is very evident to me that some companies are more concerned with taking as much as they possibly can from my fellow pinheads while doing nothing for the hobby itself. I can read through all the BS pretty clear and hope a few others wake up and realize whom they are tossing money at.

Would you buy a game from a guy that only points out the highlights and glosses over all the issues?
Serious question?

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Serious answer...
I am not worked up about this at all. This is an online forum for discussing pinball. No more, no less.
That said, I do not consider it wasted time or energy to hang out and talk pinball with other pinheads. I genuinely care about OUR hobby and by and large it is very evident to me that some companies are more concerned with taking as much as they possibly can from my fellow pinheads while doing nothing for the hobby itself. I can read through all the BS pretty clear and hope a few others wake up and realize whom they are tossing money at.
Would you buy a game from a guy that only points out the highlights and glosses over all the issues?
Serious question?

Are you referring to buying a pin from you?

#350 9 years ago

I just installed a 41 MM Keihin flatslide carb on my XR650 along with a White Bros. exhaust.
Now it really motors.
New Acerbis tank for a topper and I ain't gonna flip it but I almost did on the first test run.

(see how I worked MM and flipping in there to keep on topic)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 468 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-refund-1/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.