MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 166.jpg
MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 163.jpg
All Picts- 101.jpg
waldo-finds-himself.jpg
finishing my coffee.jpg
troll-chart-1.png
anger-1.gif
650L.jpg

There are 468 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Nilroc your full of it.
For many its simply more new stuff than ever before making this game older than it even is. Its that simple. But kudos on getting a game you want.
Meanwhile I am stuck waiting for TBL , wooly, full throttle and my next new stern. I will get by...

That's what I'm saying.
Bail on MMRLE and buying one of the newer pins. Some have chosen to purchase other pins or some of the new released pins. Or maybe a car payment or mortgage payment that has come about.
Or the wife some jewelry to keep her happy when the preorders are delivered.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Assuming you're entitled to a refund, right. But if you agreed that the deposit would become non-refundable at some point, wouldn'tvg the distributor be entitled to either keep the refund, or if they're feeling nice, return it to you if you or they are able to find someone to take it?

As a law school dropout I don't know that deposits EVER become non refundable. I didn't pay $1000 for the consideration of purchasing an MMR. I didn't pay $1000 for the option to purchase at a later date. I paid $1000 towards the purchase of an $8000 MMR. The question is does Jack G owe a refund IF he has incurred expenses based upon my $1000 deposit. He could argue that if he refunds my deposit that he is hurt financially because of it; that argument is only valid if he fails to sell another game. If he has sold one single game (or taken a deposit on a game) since the moment that he received my email requesting a refund then I am entitled to a refund. For example let's say thru June 30th he has sold 50 games. On July 1st I ask for a refund. If at anytime AFTER my refund request he were to receive an order for a 51st game then he hasn't been hurt my my refund request. To my lawyer friends, is my reasoning sound?

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Dude. When you're going to insult people at least take a few seconds to make it coherent. Good grief.

Skins. Sorry for the incoherence!
I'm driving!

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Assuming you're entitled to a refund, right. But if you agreed that the deposit would become non-refundable at some point, wouldn't the distributor be entitled to either keep the refund, or if they're feeling nice, return it to you if you or they are able to find someone to take it?

Yes I completely agree with you.

Although it seems that a distributor who would rather let the customer take a hit because he doesn't want to be bothered, or doubts he can sell the game to anyone else, is not providing any real service.

I don't see it as a long term winning strategy.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Skins. Sorry for the incoherence!
I'm driving!

#156 7 years ago

Oof better pay attention to the road or another spot will open up soon...

#157 7 years ago

I don't think Chicago Gaming was mentioned once in this entire thread. They're who I would want to be.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

who was it? Sharing may help others to know what tactic worked for you.

I ordered through Automated.

Epthegeek - Circumstances can change during the course of a year. Lineups, hobbies, finances and space to name a few. Cancelling MMR was part of my plan to sell off some higher priced DMD pins and replace them with a few EMs as I look to have a wider of variety of pins. I was in the market for an MM at the time the announcement came out and I was excited to 'only' have to pay $8k vs the $12k-$15k for an original in restored condition. Had it shipped back in June, I would have paid the balance, taken delivery and then probably sold it by now.

#159 7 years ago

"I Want a Refund!
image-570.jpg

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I don't think Chicago Gaming was mentioned once in this entire thread. They're who I would want to be.

Good point, it is actually Chicago Gaming that is being the stickler about deposits all along. However distributors are the customer facing entity, taking the blame for CCG's policies if they are unwilling to take a temporary hit to please customers.

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Good point, it is actually Chicago Gaming that is being the stickler about deposits all along. However distributors are the customer facing entity, taking the blame for CCG's policies if they are unwilling to take a temporary hit to please customers.

They're also the ones who stripped out the coin mechs (according to Rick). Wonder if Rick would still like to be the spokesperson if he could do it all over?

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

As a law school dropout I don't know that deposits EVER become non refundable. I didn't pay $1000 for the consideration of purchasing an MMR. I didn't pay $1000 for the option to purchase at a later date. I paid $1000 towards the purchase of an $8000 MMR. The question is does Jack G owe a refund IF he has incurred expenses based upon my $1000 deposit. He could argue that if he refunds my deposit that he is hurt financially because of it; that argument is only valid if he fails to sell another game. If he has sold one single game (or taken a deposit on a game) since the moment that he received my email requesting a refund then I am entitled to a refund. For example let's say thru June 30th he has sold 50 games. On July 1st I ask for a refund. If at anytime AFTER my refund request he were to receive an order for a 51st game then he hasn't been hurt my my refund request. To my lawyer friends, is my reasoning sound?

It might well be that the "non-refundable deposit" was poorly papered up by PPS and is not legally binding. I've got no opinion to offer on that (or the rest of your legal analysis), especially with the limited information available. But I'm not personally going to look askance at a distributor/PPS/CGC/whomever for declining to refund a deposit that everyone understood would be "non-refundable" by this point. If you want your deposit back, drop out before Rick announced that the deposits would be locked in. If you wait until later to back out, it's a lot harder to feel that you've been wronged if you don't get the deposit money back.

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A bunch of new stuff got shown and these wishy-washy flakes are distracted by the shiny new thing.

At Expo 2013, MMr was ALL the talk. All the excitement surrounded MMr. People were preordering it left and right. "Holy crap, a new MM for only $8k, that kicks ass"!

Question: if MMr was announced for the first time at Expo 2014, how would it have been received? Given all the other options that were there, including TBL, Heighway, WOOLY, Hobbit etc?

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Que? JJP's only game was years late. Are you serious? Spooky? Is that out yet? Yah, Stern is on time, if you consider alpha version .014 an acceptable software release for production.

AMH have been delivering for a while now! You must not be paying attention. They set very clear expectations and from my understanding have met them every step of the way.

#165 7 years ago

If there is anyone to blame it is the buyers who bought into the hype of an "affordable MM" and preordered before they were "all gone".
Another segment figured to make a bunch on the flip selling to those who "missed out".
Simple supply and demand and by next year it will be a full on buyer's market.
Step right up.

gsm.jpg
#166 7 years ago

Weird....I requested my $1K refund from JJP late September and received the check 3 weeks later, no questions asked.

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

At Expo 2013, MMr was ALL the talk. All the excitement surrounded MMr. People were preordering it left and right. "Holy crap, a new MM for only $8k, that kicks ass"!
Question: if MMr was announced for the first time at Expo 2014, how would it have been received? Given all the other options that were there, including TBL, Heighway, WOOLY, Hobbit etc?

Wouldnt have been nearly as popular now as it was then - at that stage it was a new Stern or MM. Not really a choice at that time IMO. Now with some choice we have a small number of dropouts.

Still, I think MMr stands up to all those new titles.....easily.

Were the proto's really that bad at Expo that all these people are now bailing? Dont think so. As someone else noted just some new stuff came out.

And are there really that many dropouts?

#168 7 years ago

Another pinsider emailed asking "what's in it for Jack to offer a refund?" Only his reputation. JJ has gone on record here as saying he is refunding deposits for MMR. Coincidently I bought my IM VE from him and IF I buy NIB again I will make him my first call. Would I ever consider buying from Jack? Not if he keeps my deposit. I have purchased Wolverine, Tron, Avatar, IM VE & STLE all NIB and I have yet to find a dealer who seems to want my repeat business although JJ is probably there.

#169 7 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Back up ! Hardware tell me more about the Barbie pony edition!

I really let that slip without thinking.

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Hope its not this thread

LOL!

#171 7 years ago

For me it was simple. I wanted a MM and was not willing to pay at the time 15-20 grand for a machine.
MMRLE is offered at 8 grand and is NIB with a warranty. I feel that is a good deal and I still feel that way.

#172 7 years ago

Bonus question . Stern has excellent customer service . All ( six ) of my NIB Sterns have had issues immediately evident . With Pat and Chas help all issues resolved to my satisfaction . Do you think Rick will be willing or able to provide that same level of service and technical support ? Shane

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from bepositive:

Bonus question . Stern has excellent customer service . All ( six ) of my NIB Sterns have had issues immediately evident . With Pat and Chas help all issues resolved to my satisfaction . Do you think Rick will be willing or able to provide that same level of service and technical support ? Shane

LTG is on the support team

#174 7 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I'm not thrilled with the modern day thinking that profanity is cool and the norm. I have a teenage son with a foul mouth,I'm trying to lead by example.

I absolutely agree that profanity every other word is simply not necessary.

Sell the four umbrellas! Shave the furry unicorn!

Door starts with a D.

It's truly not important, but whoever made that up was lazy.

#175 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Weird....I requested my $1K refund from JJP late September and received the check 3 weeks later, no questions asked.

Last Sep they were liquid.

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

I absolutely agree that profanity every other word is simply not necessary

Did you happen to see the DP TBL sales pitch at Expo ?

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from bepositive:

I got a ac/dc pro the first week out in a week two of three lightning bolts were broken one email free replacements with metal backs.

#178 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

yeah it was great.

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So, this is a great question. I think had MM been delayed a year we would have continued to see it inflate in value so the 8k number would have still been perceived as a bargain causing wild pre-orders.

There were over a dozen Pinsiders destroying Congos and NBAs for nothing more than boards and the cabinet. The MM craze was insane as it was viewed as the ultimate gotta have collector piece. Another year might have seen rout beaters over 15k and HEPs at 25...heck, we were almost there anyway. I'm not sure TBL or anything else would have stopped the buzz of MMr.

Just think if the announcement for MMr had the full prototypes ready...it would have been an insane craze of orders.

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

i think you're full of liquids.

#181 7 years ago

I asked for a refund 5 weeks ago from PPS. No response for 3 weeks, then an apology for taking so long to get back to me. I was told Rick would be asked, but I have heard nothing further in 2 weeks.
I requested before expo so given all the hubbub that's gone down, I'd say I've got a snowballs chance in hell now.

#182 7 years ago

I keep waiting for Teekee's "I told you so"...

#183 7 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

If there is anyone to blame it is the buyers who bought into the hype of an "affordable MM" and preordered before they were "all gone".
Another segment figured to make a bunch on the flip selling to those who "missed out".
Simple supply and demand and by next year it will be a full on buyer's market.

Sure, considering MM classics were going for well over $10,000, even for less than perfect PF/cabs, before the MMR announcement. Speculators as well as private hobbyists jumped quickly on the MMRLE at $8K, gladly paying the deposits. Especially since the early info fog stated that only 1,000 total units were being made. Then, MMR unlimited.....

My hope is that after all the MMR and MMRLEs are made, PPS & Chicago Gaming's next game will be much lower, especially for the standard/pro versions, to be in-line with Stern's pricing. After all, the infrastructure has been paid for, hopefully.

I can't believe I just said that; Stern actually being fair and the sound of reason???

#184 7 years ago

It's apparent that all 1,000 "limited editions" are not sold. If they were, refunds would be a no-brainier as distributors would go to the next in line or even stash games on speculation. They aren't.

The good news is that whatever remake is next will have to be less expensive (unless BBB or KP).

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

That's funny. I'm pretty sure I haven't come across an MMR thread yet that didn't have Teekee offering some version of "I told you so" (you just need a Teekee translator).

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

You missed it. He is attempting to victory lap on page one of this very thread.

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

That's funny. I'm pretty sure I haven't come across an MMR thread yet that didn't have Teekee offering some version of "I told you so" (you just need a Teekee translator).

Credit is due.

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Not last september, this september....got the check last week.

#189 7 years ago

R they building the LE's based on how many want the Pin and have a deposit sent N ?

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not last september, this september....got the check last week.

Finish the story. You bought TH from Jack.

#191 7 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Finish the story. You bought TH from Jack.

Nope...MMr was my one and only dealings with JJP

#192 7 years ago

Not really. Nobody is making a fortune flipping MM's anymore.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You only get Victory Laps after defeating The Battle for the Kingdom!

#194 7 years ago

Ask the guys at Stern what they think of PPS! You'd be very surprised what they say.

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Ask the guys at Stern what they think of PPS! You'd be very surprised what they say.

I'm low on time, can you just tell us?

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Exactly

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

They are happy to be producing the MMRLE on both their lines.
Keeping everybody happy and employed at Stern

#198 7 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

This thread really isn't a PPS issue frankly. More of an issue with a distributor. I'm not sure if Stern, a competitor of both JJP and PPS (granted, one in business with PPS) has an opinion that would be relevant to the subject matter.

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Which is part of the reason the buzz on MMr is now down. Just think if 13 months ago someone told you in a year you could get a NIB MM shipped to your door for under 8k and you won't want it anymore. You'd laugh at that person...I know I would have.

Anyway, I'm pumped still for MMr to be released. I'm not in on one at this time (I suffer to badly from preorder anxiety) but I'm sure I will have one eventually.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Yepper. Thought the machine looked awesome, but the language instantly turned me off. Wow! You're a big tough guy cause you cuss on stage. lol

There are 468 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside