MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 166.jpg
MM , TAF , Lost N Space , etc ,,, 163.jpg
All Picts- 101.jpg
waldo-finds-himself.jpg
finishing my coffee.jpg
troll-chart-1.png
anger-1.gif
650L.jpg
There are 468 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.
#101 9 years ago

I get what he's saying; as tacky as it was delivered. My argument was that if vendors got the game to market, they wouldn't risk losing their buyers attention. This isn't yesterday's pinball. There is a lot of competition for limited dollars. It's on the vendor to capitalize when they have the buying publics attention. Using poor performances of other companies in past is hardly justification for poor performance in the future.

#102 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure JJP customers paid in July, so none of those guys will be disputing anything with their credit card company.

Quoted from pinstor12:

agreed, forgot to add recently.

#103 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Rick's handling of the announcement and blow-back was horrible PR and soured a lot of people on PPS's approach to customer service.

HA! This is the same hobby that loves Steve at the Pinball Resource, who was grossly rude to me, two years ago, as a newbie trying to order Gottlieb parts. I was trying to buy stuff and the dude ripped me a new one for having broken a post and not having a part number.

I dunno. I've been reading the PPS blog and there's a lot of info. If people had bad CS experiences with Rick, that sucks, but its MM! it's the #1 pinball machine of like, all time, man. I dunno. If I had an $8K bonus at work and had no other financial commitments on the horizon, I'd have already written the check.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Question: is he the one who is selling your spot or are you the one who needs to find the buyer? I guess what I am asking is if someone new called him does he sell them an entirely new spot or is there a list that Jack is running where he is actively transferring people's spot?
Or, do you not know?

His exacts words were "if I can sell your game I can give you a refund." I don't know if he is actively trying to sell my spot.

#105 9 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

HA! This is the same hobby that loves Steve at the Pinball Resource, who was grossly rude to me, two years ago, as a newbie trying to order Gottlieb parts. I was trying to buy stuff and the dude ripped me a new one for having broken a post and not having a part number.
I dunno. I've been reading the PPS blog and there's a lot of info. If people had bad CS experiences with Rick, that sucks, but its MM! it's the #1 pinball machine of like, all time, man. I dunno. If I had an $8K bonus at work and had no other financial commitments on the horizon, I'd have already written the check.

I still think MMr's going to be awesome, and I believe PPS, despite Rick's many rough edges, will come through on support. Just pointing out that when people bring up the coin mechs, what they are really referring to may be the way that entire discussion played out, rather than a few bucks worth of metal.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

I know it's been mentioned before, but to me, the coin door issue is a dealbreaker.

It was actually the coin mech issue, and that really wasn't the issue. The issue was Rick's total lack of transparency and his blowing off of legitimate questions about an issue he caused and insisted his research said wasn't a big deal.

If the game had been announced without coin mechs, it would have blown over quickly. But when you take them off the game after deposits became non-refundable, claiming it would only be an issue for a few, refuse to back that up and ignore the logical question of "if so few are impacted, why not just send mechs to those customers?", people began to see he wasn't as straight forward as he seemed.

All that "if you have a question, just call" talk was just a ploy to get people to stop asking questions Rick didn't (and still doesn't) want to answer. In hindsight, maybe a good move on his part, because as long as people were focused on the coin mechs, they weren't going to figure out the game was slipping 4-6 months.

#107 9 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Wish-washy is not the correct term. I would say front runners is more accurate. If you follow most new companies or just new games this always happens. Everyone is all in because this is the best and they must have it. A year later it is not out yet and several new things are the best and they must have it. MM is still the top ranked game on Pinside so the majority still loves the game and no new games have come close to dethroning the top 4. People still love these games and I think buyers will be happy with MMR. Some people just have to be front runners, doesn't mean they are getting the best. Just means they always have a ton tied up in preorders. We are very likely be having the same discussion this time next year about all of the games there were home runs at this years expo.

Very well put. I guess what I was trying to say is if people are canceling because MMR isn't delivered yet, they will get involved in a neverending cycle where WOOLY is not delivered next year and then Barbie's Horsey Pinball Adventures is announced next year at expo 15 they will want to cancel WOOLY preorder and go with Barbie. In these scenarios they are never getting to play a new game. It's insanity to me.

MMR will be awesome. In the more recent years of my life I've been horrible with making purchase decisions. I research things forever and eventually just say no because I'm just not comfortable moving forward. MMR for me is a huge purchase at it's price. I first read about it on the porcelain throne a few weeks after the announcement (I took a few month break from pinball). Couldn't believe what I was reading and was worried I wouldn't be able to get one. Anyway I was in as soon as there was an opening. I never had second thoughts. I hope to be blown away, but even if not it's my first and maybe last NIB experience. The experience for me will be worth it.

I want to play MM in my home. People taking chances with these new $8K machines is something I simply could never do. I don't care how flashy they are. Are they fun? Do they have staying power?

Plus I just don't have that kind of money to do this often.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I still think MMr's going to be awesome

Beat me just by a few minutes, absolutely agree! Bring it on!

#109 9 years ago

Wow ! Are pitchforks and torches on sale for pinsiders. Truth be told I was admittedly on the fence with this and at the last moment backed out and jumped back in ,why ,I want one. The opportunity to get out was fairly offered a few months ago,at least with PPS.

PPS found a way to reproduce a pin and make money. This also in turn reduced the price of a very, very expensive game. yea its totally F*@%ed up market value on the collectable side, point noted. PPS has also been very transparent on the manufacturing of it IMHO ( don't judge me ,I'm not anybody's fan-boy ). If you committed to it ,commit ,if you are not in "shut the front door" I'm sick of the whining Its a hobby for cripe sake.Unless this is affecting your mortgage payment you need to get over it. Now everybody's in love with TBL . Tell you what lets all bitch and complain ,get our money back, order from the new guy and start this process over again next year when what we really really wanted didn't show up in our limited attention time frame.

I've never tried one of these flame on suits but I'll put it on now.

#110 9 years ago

Guy's ... you were all so thrilled you could own a MM, you still are getting a GREAT pinball!!
One of the best.

Don't get distracted from the reasons you jumped in, you are getting a MM in your house

#111 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

If you committed to it ,commit ,if you are not in "shut the front door" I'm sick of the whining

Then I think you made a wrong turn, better click the back button and check another thread.

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

PPS has also been very transparent on the manufacturing of it

I agree with your post in general, but this comment is laughable. Rick has been anything but transparent and bailed out of pretty much any substantive Pinside discussion when people started to realize that.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

If you committed to it ,commit ,if you are not in "shut the front door

Why did people replace STFU with this? Doesn't make sense to me.

#114 9 years ago

I talked to someone that was at this year's expo and he was at the stern tour. They already have a separate line set up for MMRs and were building them. If someone was worried about delays. Funny, I think it's weird to pay so much up front for a game that's not even out yet... even with a known game like MM.

It's a favorite game of mine and I would be interested in one however I've spent a ton recently. Maybe by end of the year.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Everything in pinball overshoots the schedule. Except stern, since they just make things and then dump them on people like clockwork. Everybody else, though, fails to keep to a timeline. All of them. And PPS isn't even that far off, since they signed up Stern to do the production which should go pretty quick (compared to how it would have been with someone else manufacturing them) so they'll be a lot closer to their expected delivery timeframe than they would have otherwise. "Grossly" sure.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Really? currently 3 pinball makers (Spooky, Stern, JJP). 2 of them seem to be doing just fine with setting clear expectations and meeting them.

Let's not forget SkitB, JPOP, P3 and Heighway who are all behind their original timelines. Even AMH was a few months late.

Actually, I can't think of a single manufacturer who has taken pre-orders and met their original timeline.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

..... I want to play MM in my home. People taking chances with these new $8K machines is something I simply could never do. I don't care how flashy they are. Are they fun? Do they have staying power?
Plus I just don't have that kind of money to do this often.

I'm in total agreement with you, that MM is a tried and true pin and has stood the test of time already. I totally confused what was important to me in this hobby when I pulled out of my MMr deposit slot earlier this year. Then a couple of month afterwards, when researching all the new games, It dawned on me that I'm going to be spending as much for some of the newer games (Stern Pro games excluded). So why risk an investment on a game that's not as time tested as MM?

All I have to say is, patience, or quoting Aaron Rodgers of the Packers; "R-E-L-A-X".
MMr/MMrLE will be in full production and delivered soon. Don't be distracted by all the delays. It will be worth the wait.

Oh, and as far as the MMr resell market post delivery? Why would I sell a game that I know well and would treasure.....?!

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I agree with your post in general, but this comment is laughable. Rick has been anything but transparent and bailed out of pretty much any substantive Pinside discussion when people started to realize that.

You left out IMHO. Rick is still a salesman but I didn't feel handled personally

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Let's not forget SkitB, JPOP, P3 and Heighway who are all behind their original timelines. Even AMH was a few months late.
Actually, I can't think of a single manufacturer who has taken pre-orders and met their original timeline.

I've followed the JPOP thread recently and know he had a lock-in date for deposits. Have other manufacturers done the same or are they all fully refundable up to the date of delivery? That would kind of seem to defeat the purpose of a deposit (guaranteeing that you'll take delivery or forfeit a decent sum of money, so the manufacturer has some security that they'll sell the games they're making).

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Why did people replace STFU with this? Doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not thrilled with the modern day thinking that profanity is cool and the norm. I have a teenage son with a foul mouth,I'm trying to lead by example.

#120 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Wow ! Are pitchforks and torches on sale for pinsiders. Truth be told I was admittedly on the fence with this and at the last moment backed out and jumped back in ,why ,I want one. The opportunity to get out was fairly offered a few months ago,at least with PPS.
PPS found a way to reproduce a pin and make money. This also in turn reduced the price of a very, very expensive game. yea its totally F*@%ed up market value on the collectable side, point noted. PPS has also been very transparent on the manufacturing of it IMHO ( don't judge me ,I'm not anybody's fan-boy ). If you committed to it ,commit ,if you are not in "shut the front door" I'm sick of the whining Its a hobby for cripe sake.Unless this is affecting your mortgage payment you need to get over it. Now everybody's in love with TBL . Tell you what lets all bitch and complain ,get our money back, order from the new guy and start this process over again next year when what we really really wanted didn't show up in our limited attention time frame.

Good point about PPS. It's their first venture in pinball manufacturing. Delays were part of the expectation for their first pin. No?

I just hope that PPS has learned their lesson from MMr/MMrLE.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

I hope you payed by Amex, you will almost certainly get your money back! Otherwise, I am afraid it's just rainbows and unicorns for you my friend

I have been dealing with Autoplicity on a return, forms that have no submit button, automatic answering that puts you on hold then disconnects you and for some reason they also want a picture of the item.
I called AMEX and it took about 10 minutes to get the charge reversed.
Dude said hang onto the product for a return label, now that they no longer have the funds I am sure they will want their product back when the backcharge hits.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

I just hope that PPS has learned their lesson from MMr/MMrLE.

I hope so also. Don't get me wrong, I think this whole " were going to make as many as needed past the Limited Edition" was greedy and has lead to this cluster f&*k. If they are able to learn anything learn that limiting things make them much more desirable .

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I'm not thrilled with the modern day thinking that profanity is cool and the norm. I have a teenage son with a foul mouth,I'm trying to lead by example.

Shut the front door! You cuss like a sailor .

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

His exacts words were "if I can sell your game I can give you a refund." I don't know if he is actively trying to sell my spot.

He has no motivation.

He should've said, "You will receive your refund." and then wait for his own reimbursement when he sells the game.

Sounds like a bad deal.

#125 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Shut the front door! You cuss like a sailor .

You should see my captain.

images-141.jpegimages-141.jpeg
#126 9 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

He has no motivation.
He should've said, "You will receive your refund." and then wait for his own reimbursement when he sells the game.
Sounds like a bad deal.

Assuming you're entitled to a refund, right. But if you agreed that the deposit would become non-refundable at some point, wouldn't the distributor be entitled to either keep the refund, or if they're feeling nice, return it to you if you or they are able to find someone to take it?

#127 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

You should see my captain.
images-141.jpeg 8 KB

So the kids can't say f@%k, but this you've got no problem with?!?

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So the kids can't say f@%k, but this you've got no problem with?!?

pretty much

#129 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm about to ask for mine, unless I hear something real quick! I'm through PPS though.

You are out on MMr?

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

Just my personal suggestion: you should ask them the question as I posed it. If the burden is on you to find a buyer you need to know. If it is on him then you should ask what number you are in his list and how long does he project this to take based on the number of games he has sold the last three months.

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I was in on the preorder. I contacted my distributor about a month ago and asked for my deposit back. I was told no. I told them I would take it up with my credit card company for non-deilivery and the distributor sent me my deposit back last week.

This is why anyone who is going to do a deposit on a pre-order of a game that hasn't been made yet should ALWAYS use a credit card!

Quoted from o-din:

After quarter two came and went so did quarter three. But the machine wouldn't take any quarters even when complete.

Funniest post of the month!

#133 9 years ago

I thought the $1k deposit was always refundable? I got mine seems like around May

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I've followed the JPOP thread recently and know he had a lock-in date for deposits. Have other manufacturers done the same or are they all fully refundable up to the date of delivery? That would kind of seem to defeat the purpose of a deposit (guaranteeing that you'll take delivery or forfeit a decent sum of money, so the manufacturer has some security that they'll sell the games they're making).

My recollection is that PPS originally stated the deposits would be locked once Roger Sharp and Williams gave their approval, expected in the beginning of 2014.

On June 30th, 2014, PPS announced that the deposits would be locked on July, 10, 2014. They expected production to start at the end of July and estimated 100+ machines per week.

#135 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

This is why anyone who is going to do a deposit on a pre-order of a game that hasn't been made yet should ALWAYS use a credit card!

I think we need to get away from this whole pre order bull. no one is bitching about Sterns payment model. (just there prices)

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

meme.jpgmeme.jpg

#137 9 years ago

Back up ! Hardware tell me more about the Barbie pony edition!

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Sky pilot. I love you man.

Amen Reverend.

#139 9 years ago

All you anti MMRLE crack me up! Your funny excuses why you bailed or going to bail.
The real truth is you cannot afford it now or you have found something else to spend the money on.
WOZ took forever to get delivered and the same crap went on for that machine and now that most of those are delivered and most people are happy we have to find some other machine. Oh how about MMRLE? After that TBL. You bailers are just a bunch of impatient whiners! Wa Wa Wa!
Cannot wait to receive my MMRLE and then my TBL!

#140 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

All you anti MMRLE crack me up! Your funny excuses why you bailed or going to bail.
The real truth is you cannot afford it now or you have found something else to spend the money on.
WOZ took forever to get delivered and the same crap went on for that machine and now that most of those are delivered and most people are happy we have to find some other machine. Oh how about MMRLE? After that TBL. You bailers are just a bunch of impatient whiners! Wa Wa Wa!
Cannot wait to receive my MMRLE and then my TBL!

Dude. When you're going to insult people at least take a few seconds to make it coherent. Good grief.

#141 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I hope so also. Don't get me wrong, I think this whole " were going to make as many as needed past the Limited Edition" was greedy and has lead to this cluster f&*k. If they are able to learn anything learn that limiting things make them much more desirable .

Yeah, like JJP's WOZ Emerald City Limited Edition, WOZ standard edition, then the 75th Anniversary Edition. What's next? The "Extremely Limited Limited Edition"?

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

My recollection is that PPS originally stated the deposits would be locked once Roger Sharp and Williams gave their approval, expected in the beginning of 2014.
On June 30th, 2014, PPS announced that the deposits would be locked on July, 10, 2014. They expected production to start at the end of July and estimated 100+ machines per week.

Haven't been following. How do u make that statement on June 30th and still not have production rolling? Edit. nvm

#143 9 years ago

Nilroc your full of it.
For many its simply more new stuff than ever before making this game older than it even is. Its that simple. But kudos on getting a game you want.
Meanwhile I am stuck waiting for TBL , wooly, full throttle and my next new stern. I will get by...

#144 9 years ago

Did anybody try getting a refund from Automated?

#145 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Funniest post of the month!

I wasn't trying to be funny. I guess it just came out that way.

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

Yeah, like JJP's WOZ Emerald City Limited Edition, WOZ standard edition, then the 75th Anniversary Edition. What's next? The "Extremely Limited Limited Edition"?

You left out the most limited of the LTDs the Rescue Edition.

#147 9 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

You left out the most limited of the LTDs the Rescue Edition.

So limited in fact, only half of the people who ordered one, got one.

I kid, I kid. What, too soon?

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You are out on MMr?

Not quite yet, but hanging by a thread.

#149 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Not quite yet, but hanging by a thread.

Hope its not this thread

#150 9 years ago

Green thread.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 468 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-refund-1/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.