MMR Protection Poll

By Oldgoat

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What are you (or will be) using to protect your game? (multiple selections are Ok)”

• Mantis 28 votes
    21%
  • Cliffy 50 votes
    38%
  • Full pf 6 votes
    5%
  • Mylar in select areas (pls post where) 12 votes
    9%
  • Nothing 35 votes
    26%
  • Something Else 2 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 133 votes by 97 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN1758 (resized).JPG
20170122_153642_002 (resized).jpg
20170101_114029 (resized).jpg
20170101_114015 (resized).jpg
20170101_114009 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldgoat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I'm interested in knowing what others are doing or thinking about doing to protect their game. (I've purchased the Mantis protectors.... sidebar question...what all has to be removed to install the castle and drop hole protectors?) But I'm not sure what else, if anything, I should do. Please feel free to pontificate

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I am installing Mantis protectors and Cliffys and Pinbits plastic protectors. For the people who have installed the Mantis cobblestone design castle protector, have you drilled and installed a screw at the ball
lock? That protector has a hole in it, and I don't want to use tape. Any head's up on drilling the hole?

I have the same question. I think it would look more 'finished' if it had a screw. Not one of the hex head they provided but something a bit more flush. I am guessing that the curvature of the ball and the position of the screw is such that the head can stick up somewhat and not hit the ball. Curious to know if anyone went with a screw.

#14 7 years ago

For those of you putting down mylar in selected places, what 'kit' are you getting and where all are you applying the mylar?
Thanks

#19 7 years ago

Already had them so not needed. Chicken pox too; although I guess I need to get a vaccine to prevent shingles

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I buy it by the foot from Marco or Pinball Resource. I then cut it to whatever shape I need.

Hmm, so where do you place the mylar?
Thanks

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from sparechange1974:

Install on most of the protectors is pretty straight forward, however I could not get the merlin to sit well so I threw out and the left side eject looked like a p.i.t.a so I didn't install.
Cliffy now makes ball through protectors, I'm going to put one one. I'have had blue painters tape over that area since new

I have the mantis but am considering Cliffy's It looks like a fair amount of disassembly is required to get the protection installed (other than the moat one) so I'd prefer to only have to do it once. Any downside to the Cliffy's for the other areas?

2 months later
#39 6 years ago

Posted this on the MMR club thread; however, the conversation went down a long path on flipper alignment. Seems like this is a better place for this anyhow

Stupid question(s) for the week. I purchased the merlin hole protector from pinbits. It says it is compatible with the mantis hole protector. I've read about issues installing the mantis so I was going to hold off on doing that. Is there any requirement that the mantis be installed first or can you install it at a later time? Second question, I was surprised to see a piece of mylar the same shape as the protector. Having no experience with Cliffy's, as a general question, is that typical for these types of protectors? I assume installation is simply remove the one post, put down the mylar, put the protector on top of the mylar positioned such that the post screw goes through the hole in the protector, replace the post and viola. Am I missing a step? Finally, I got the mylar protection pack at the same time. Lots of pieces of mylar in it. What are the top recommended spots to put it down?
Thanks

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

If I understand correctly, you also got a mylar shaped to fit under the Pinbits?

Yeah, in the little envelope with the protector was a piece of mylar the same shape as the protector. Seemed odd to me (which is why I asked). However, I thought maybe it was due to the type of adhesive on the metal protector. Perhaps if it needed to be removed, it messes up the playfield? Hence why you put down the mylar first?

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

Does the metal protector come with an adhesive back?

Yes

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldgoat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-protection-poll?tu=oldgoat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.