(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#688 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

According to Phil, it is a phenomenal copy of the original.

That's what I always say when I'm selling a fake!

#693 10 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Please Tell me you are a plastic Surgeon? =)

LOL, good one... I knew that comment would get some reaction. Calm down people, can't we just have a little fun once in a while?

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

So Phil is a lying a-hole then (I suppose Rick is for that matter, for selling us a fake)? I don't know him personally but, that what your saying right?

#696 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Someone is sitting on inventory....

Sure, if that makes you feel better... I'm drowning in MM's. There, feeling better now?

#732 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Like a repro BBB for example? Or an old MM, MP, Indy or AFM with new decals or playfields? "Fakes" all hmmm?

All fakes!

1 month later
#1487 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

that's bullshit ... i've seen no wave of dropouts and I have visibility to a large section of the orders

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Well that puts that argument to rest.

Yep, that should do it... just wait until the additional $7000 is due!

#1489 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

"refake"
"one and done"
"IF they get made"
"just wait till the money is due"

Yes, that should cover it...

#1545 10 years ago
Quoted from herg:

He's just looking out for all of us. Like a mother hen.

Exactly... why tie your money up for a long period of time just to instantly lose a grand? Once you pop the top and put your first plays on it you just burned a grand. Plus they aren't rare in the least so you'll see plenty changing hands once released. And unlike the originals there is little hope of getting your money back with these. That's just the hard facts.

Now that the originals have come down in price to more reasonable levels people will always prefer those... even if they have to pay a bit more. I hope you're not thinking you can play this thing for a year and get your initial investment back. Its probably a money loser with some risk to go along with it since we know nothing about it.

If you really want one why not do the smart thing and wait for an HUO? Save a grand, maybe more! Plus you'll be able to play it before you buy it and determine if this MM wannabe is truly the real deal. The false excitement many of you are feeling will go away quickly. You guys are fooled into thinking that you're actually getting a NIB MM... Well, you're not! Its not really a MM and will NEVER be a MM. There is only one MM and those were put into production by Williams. It may look like one on the surface and play like one but its not really a MM...

Its funny how easily so many of you will spend 8 grand you don't have. Jump on the bandwagon! Don't get left behind! Many of these same guys will whine about the flippers and the sellers being the problem when in reality its the out of control buyers that create the problems. Build it and they will definitely send money! Yes its always the flippers and sellers fault... LOL!

If you don't care about your 8 grand and just want the excitement of opening a NIB pin that will look and play like a MM but not actually be a MM then what the hell, go for it. I'm just here to open your eyes to these cold hard facts.

Way too much new stuff to be excited about and to spend your money on... yet, back to the future we go.

I'm Pappa Teekee... you might not like what I have to say but after you throw your tantrum and call me names you'll sit back and think about it for a while and understand its just 'tough love'... Pappa's always right and I just love you all!

#1579 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I would not want the presence of 1000 "new" old games on the market to cause either Stern or JJP to fail, because then we would get fewer or no new games. $8M spent on MMRLEs is $8M not spent on new technology and innovation. A step backwards, so to speak.

Yep, exactly... can't save everyone but some will come to their senses.

#1681 10 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Rick,
Are the LE models still sold out, or can new customers order an LE?
We have friends interested in getting one, but they are not on pinside.

Yes, LE's are still available. Check here:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/excited-to-announce-pinballprocom-is-a-medieval-madness-distributor-le

Also, on My Pinball this morning:

Medieval Madness, 2013: 8,000
We have some left, after miscounting our pre-orders we have a few left in stock. First come, first serve. $1,000 deposit to reserve. Email [email protected] or call 800-727-8363.
Michael Daddona, Phone: 203-877-8736
Milford, Connecticut 06460

#1682 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

OT: I don't always agree with what TeeKee has to say on these boards but he is a good guy and I would be willing to bet an MMr that if you were to have a beer and play a few games of pinball with the guy you would find you have way more in common with him than you have differences.
So much going on in our little hobby right now.. These are exciting times my friends!
Now back to your regularly scheduled MMr chat....

Thanks Sean… like 'they' say. It's only pinball. So we'll all have our disagreements here and there... no biggie!

In 100 years no one will know the difference anyway.

#1735 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

I put Tekee on "ignore" a long time ago.

Coulda fooled me! You're not doing a very good job ignoring me... try harder please!

Quoted from playernumber4:

I'm just sick of his cheapshots at PPS.

cheap shots at PPS??? Like what? I give my opinions like everyone else. You do the exact same thing I do here only your opinions and slams are directed at Stern. So what! That's your right. You have your reasons to be negative towards Stern and you have no problem making them known... look in the mirror!

Just because you can't handle a made up term like 'refake'? Because I don't think remaking 20 year old pins is a good idea for the future of pinball?

Man, you need to put yourself on ignore... sorry I made you cry.

** Could someone please relay this to him since he's obviously ignoring me **

2 weeks later
#1987 10 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

I think there is clearly a third group of people that have posted here which I am a part of that I would label "cautiously skeptical". It really should be OK to ask technical questions about this new platform without getting shouted out of the room as being a "flipper" or a "hater".

Exactly! so sick of that "flipper" / "hater" crap. There are many reasons why some are not on the band wagon and it doesn't have to be so damn personal... can't believe the uproar from a made up word like "refake".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=teekee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.