(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tata.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#2024 10 years ago

http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr/

Looks awesome! So happy to see this. Knowing that they're on time is impressive to say the least. If they were to add some web based software, then this would be the greatest pin ever! I'm not looking for a exact reproduction anyway. A supped up version would do many of us just fine. It's not a repo! It's a better updated version! Keep up the great work you guys at PP are doing!!!

1 week later
#2074 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Rick,
Just wondering how and when it will be communicated to us buyer as to our "place in line"?

Ditto!!!

#2103 10 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

I agree Lloyd. It would be a much better product if it were built in secret, without any input. Like they did with New Coke. Customer feedback and criticism are overrated...

Too Funny!

1 week later
#2217 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Any chance we can get a glimpse of the pps logo on the back glass? (I'm excited about that btw)

Good call! Considering all that was spoken of how the "re-fake" won't have Williams on it, It would be nice to its replacement.

#2226 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

he was ready to sign off on it the way it was and the next step was to bring in the legal team for signing.

Correct! I can almost hear them being made...

#2258 10 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

Rick,
Any word on Williams Legal approving this project?
Sean

#2262 10 years ago

Congratulations!

#2286 10 years ago
Quoted from Pablito:

Congrats Rick.
I love the news about building the prototypes also. Do you plan on having one on location in San Jose, CA for the Nor Cal customers to come and play a few games on?

When is this venue happening?

1 week later
#2431 10 years ago

This is my first NIB and I'm stoked to get it! Can there be an option to have factory installed Cliffy protectors? So that one does not have to mess with the machine at all. Just a thought

#2440 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I've not talked with Cliffy yet about what protectors where he has. Options are really difficult as depending on the issue that ties a particular game inside the assembly line to a particular customer which creates alot of overhead and scheduling issues. Options which are 'end of the line' are best and trying to keep options to a bare minimum is better yet.

Thanks for responding to my idea. I find it refreshing that one can interact so easily with the you. I don't see why people can't just relax and realize that every goal has been met. Enjoy in the idea that this summer will be filled with callouts of MM!

3 weeks later
#2806 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I am SO ready for my MMr.

Ditto

#2808 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I hope you're joking Please don't say they are going to be late. People are always saying they'd rather have them right as apposed to quick, but I want both.

He did type "LOL"
Sounds like a joke to me

Quoted from PPS:

late q2 ... ish.
lol

1 week later
#2849 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Rick said he would magically teleport a game to every convention across the US, since they're all so close together.

Considering the Allentown show draws people from the most populated area of the country and Canada, he might want to build that teleporter!

#2885 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I believe this has been said before, but let me add my vote for being able to purchase a pin that has Cliffys (and Pinbit plastics protectors, for that matter) pre-installed at the factory. I'd be happy to pay extra for that and thus avoid the hassle of having once again to disassemble a brand new pin.

I asked this question before. Rick said it would slow the production line down if offered as an option, and it wouldn't fall in line with trying to make it as authentic as the original either. I still think they should... like you said, who wants to disassemble a new game?

#2946 10 years ago
Quoted from yotaxi125:

+1 would love to see an example

+2

#2953 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

image.jpg 162 KB

image-319.jpg 246 KB

image-804.jpg 264 KB

image-999.jpg 219 KB

image-77.jpg 279 KB

Thanks! They look better than expected

#2997 10 years ago

Congrats on getting it out as you said you would. Looking forward to seeing pics/video of MM and even more so in playing mine soon!

#2998 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, who's going to be in Texas on Friday and get us the first (decent) pics/video of this thing?

Quoted from yotaxi125:

So nobody answered this question...

Can somebody answer the question please!

#3113 10 years ago

When I was watching the video, I noticed the green lighting effect on the castle. Was this green lighting used on the original? For some reason I can't remember if it did or not. I know that there was an aftermarket mod for lighting up the area green. Did anyone else notice this?

#3116 10 years ago

^^^^^^^^^^That makes sense. thanks ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#3129 10 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I would like to get tips on how to do this as well. Pinballbulbs sells this kit for the original-MM:s
and I am beginning to be tempted: http://www.pinballbulbs.com/sites/default/files/Medieval_Madness_PF.jpg

Holy sh#t! It looks like a Christmas show!

#3145 10 years ago

3 weeks later
#3320 9 years ago

Wow... still no response. You'd think that we would have had to choose what trim color we would want by now?!

#3325 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

- We are reviewing with Chicago Gaming which shows we will and will not be at - we were at TPF, we will not be in Allentown. Challenge tends to be who will go where and the logistics around games getting shipped around, etc.
rick

I'll come pick it up myself if your having problems with logistics.
I read somewhere that Pa has the most pinballs of any state. Even if we weren't first, I'm sure were real close. Why wouldn't you want to show case it? I'm serious about coming out to pick it up!!!!

#3364 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Hard ot blame anyone for not wanting to go there....
It's too bad these shows aren't in nicer areas on the East Coast....
Allentown, PA? Ugh.... that place would have to get 100% nicer to even be considered the armpit of PA

Aren't the Carolinas the armpit of the East Coast?

1 week later
#3579 9 years ago

Now that looks like an LE! Beautiful looking MM by the way...

1 week later
#3732 9 years ago

^^^ Do you have pics of this?

#3747 9 years ago

I like the "black(shiny) part, but not to crazy about Stern building them. I thought PPS were going to be more like JJP and manufacture the pins themselves. Oh well, happy to see that they're still on schedule and they're taking any steps possible to make sure of it!

3 weeks later
#3939 9 years ago

^^^ I'm a jock and I would never buy this pin... you should have said, " Mustang is a car guys theme"

I have a "nerd" buddy who is the car geek in our group.

#3969 9 years ago

I'm going for the gold

#4000 9 years ago

^^^ Considering they've given multiple options here (color trim & invis. glass), I would have thought that we would have all received e-mails from our distributers by now to make this deadline.

#4015 9 years ago

^^^ Is there a picture of the gold out there? Thanks for posting picture. Gives us a better perspective

#4038 9 years ago

Are there any pics to show this^^^^^

#4069 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Start shipping by the end of June I believe. And since there has been no update saying otherwise, it leads me to believe they are probably on the line right now.

With so many threads about this topic, it's hard to follow what's real or just speculations. But I do recall that when it was announced that Stern would be assembling MMr, PPS mentioned that a delay may happen. They never really specified how long of a delay it would be though. If your going to make the move to another facility and rev up production substantially, your going to have to make sure that you don't have supplier issues. By delayiung it by one month or so would give PPS the time it needs to have everything on site and allow Stern to familiarize themselves with the MMr. Knowing that Stern will have all these built in a couple of weeks, Makes me feel that my labor Day will be fantactic!

***EDIT*** You beat me to it Steve. Had to take a call while posting. But your direct quote is much better

#4084 9 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Same here. I just sent an email to my distributor (Automated).
Anyone else who ordered from Automated hear from them?

No!!! Been asking this question for some time now. Any insight would be helpful.

#4149 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

What are the odds standards don't happen? Apparently there are still a few LE's available, and my guess is there will be cancellations when it comes to put up or shut up time.
The standard run wasn't in the cards until the LE sold out, but with LE's available, is it possible we might see this cap at the 1,000 LE's and no more?

PPS stated that one of the advantages to using Stern was the ability to produce multiple runs at different times.

#4155 9 years ago

Monday... "Pick your color and give me all your money!"

#4169 9 years ago

I thought I wanted black. Now after seeing the gold next to the other two, I have to admit that it looks awesome! I'm going for the gold, it will make me feel like I'm getting an LE

#4262 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Well it would be easy to offer trim options here forward, if these are the ones they pick and stay with.

Not a bad idea. PPS could keep SS & SB on a permanent bases, while offering a custom color for each new tiltle

#4326 9 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

sorry if is been answered b4 but will the backbox hinges match the colour of the trim or is there one standard colour

No. All will be black

#4406 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Parts are in and games is being built.
Rick

Quoted from PPS:

People who purchased new MMR LE will get preferred treatment on game #2 ... I think I've said that before.
Rick

#4454 9 years ago

^^^i think it will be gold first, black second and SS last due to it being the same trim for the standards.

#4457 9 years ago

don't feel so bad. Between the first and second run, The Walking Dead might be getting made!

#4493 9 years ago

if you were Stern, you would wait until all the deposits and payments are paid in full before assembling a damn thing!

#4500 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I was originally in for Black, then I was leaning towards the gold, after picts were posted, this past week.
I went to BAA in San Jose today to look at leg samples. I'm out on the gold, and back with black. The gold has a hint of mustard plus not shiny, and much less in the shiny gold/brass look (like the brass style habitrails), that I would have preferred.
Just my .02 worth.

I was really hoping for a positivefirst hand prospective of the gold. considering everybody now that has seen it speaks negatively about it. I now think that I'm changing it to black. If I don't like it, I'll put the legs on my Shadow. I was planning on getting my legs powdercoat on it anyway. now if I don't like the black on MM, I'll swap them onto6 the shadow and send out that hardware to get powdercoated to my liking for the MM. No real loss.

1 week later
#4888 9 years ago

^^^ I'm looking to do everything possible to protect my baby. I've never used Cliffy's on my playfield before in fear of them ,over time, leaving wear marks themselves. Am I wrong on my assumption here? Has any body used them over a long period of time and has seen wear or it's in pristine condition? Trying to put a list together and have everything ready for when it shows up. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Can dirt get under the full playfield protector?

#4890 9 years ago

^^^^^ Perfect Thanks for the link, this is exactly what I would prefer! One more thing off my list.

#4892 9 years ago

^^^^ I need to buy cliffy's too? Now, add one more thing back to my list!

#4936 9 years ago

^^^ Amen Brother

#4952 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I'd settle for the official announcement that they started production.

+1

#4979 9 years ago

I also feel that we would have heard some sort of announcement that the UL and other certs were completed and successful. He started a thread about this. He's even mentioned that these need to be done in order to proceed with production. Question now should be," Are all certifications complete?"

#5169 9 years ago

Who cares anymore. If your pissed off over whatever, just don't buy anything he sells ever again. I know that's impossible but so is changing the inevitable... No coin mechs! He's timing on this was blindsiding to say the least, but it is what it is. Stay cool and calm...relax...MM is coming

1 week later
#5435 9 years ago

Rick,

If you could please, start a new update thread when your ready to give another. Let this thread just die off. I'm sick of thinking that something is being reported until I open up the tread and it's nothing but bickering and trash talking!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tata.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=tata and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.