(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider s37ven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#46 10 years ago

Is Q2 2014 still the target shipping date for LEs?

2 weeks later
#877 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I believe you can also hold left flipper down while plunging to send it around the loop for a super skill shot as well.

Yes, super skill shot by holding the left flipper down sends the ball through the loop and requires an immediate (lit) shot up ramps, loops, catapult, etc. If you make it, hurry up at the castle lights. In my opinion this is really the only skill shot you should be making.

#992 10 years ago

I played a few games on BBB earlier this year. I probably need more time on it but I found it to just be OK. Theme is definitely cool though.

1 month later
#1888 10 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Eight million to be exact.

Lead balloon. Overhead.

1 month later
#2214 10 years ago

The only thing that matters is that the final version of the shipped game is as close to the original as possible. However, it would be interesting to see the various iterations of the artwork as it progresses from prototype to final -- it would certainly allow me to appreciate the subtle differences and the amount of effort and attention to detail that went into this project.

1 month later
#2920 10 years ago

Between the cliffy and mantis protector sets, is the only protector they both offer the moat jump protector? Which one is better?

Is there a merlin cliffy-style protector that installs on the the top of the playfield around the saucer or is that area not prone to wear hence why there is no protector available?

1 month later
#3305 9 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I probably don't see the post about it, but will they be at Allentown too?

I missed this too. I'll definitely go if MMR is there since I have one on order and would love to poke around on one before final commitment.

#3361 9 years ago

A little bummed that it won't be at Allentown, but the feedback from TPF was good enough for me. I would rather have production stay on track if a trip to Allentown would materially affect the current schedule.

#3383 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Aren't the Carolinas the armpit of the East Coast?

Armpit? View from my second home balcony in Hilton Head, SC. No better beaches in the U.S. than in the Carolinas.

HH Balcony.jpgHH Balcony.jpg
#3396 9 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Uhh, I'd have to counter that statement with Hawaii's beaches

Sure but you're comparing island beaches to mainland beaches. The Carolinas have unbelievable low tides with firm sand that go on for miles and miles -- perfect for bike rides. Either way, if you're at the beach you're winning.

Back to topic - any news on Joe from PinballStar bringing an MMR to Allentown? It would be the only reason for me to go.

2 weeks later
#3736 9 years ago

I too think the gold finish looked much better in the video. Still in for gold trim!

1 month later
#4362 9 years ago

Haven't gotten my email from JJP yet but there is no way I'm paying with anything but a credit card. The 2.5% surcharge on the 7000 balance or $175 is worth piece of mind if I don't get my machine. What I've been reading about JJP on this forum hasn't given me warm fuzzy feelings about sending payment in full for an unknown delivery date. I like the "pay the 2.5% surcharge with a check and get free invisiglass!" smooth one.

#4366 9 years ago

Has JJP confirmed that deposits aren't refundable?

#4367 9 years ago

Ep you are probably right I just prefer to use a card in these situations because of the protection a credit card provides. I wish I could just roll down there with cash and pick it up.

#4452 9 years ago

I spoke with Jack as well. His email was in the spam folder. Working on getting the wire processed this week. I'm hoping to get it in August but because Stern is assembling in three separate waves based on trim color -- I have no idea in what order -- it could be a while. Here's to hoping that gold is the first run!

#4459 9 years ago

In JJP's defense, I looked back at my sales confirmation after I sent the initial $1000. In the October 2013 email from Jack attaching the confirmation, he clearly states "this deposit is fully refundable up to the time of WMS approval."

Though it would have been nice to have gotten a 48 hour deadline email, doing so at the time probably would have cost Jack some sales. From a business perspective, I get it.

#4536 9 years ago

I don't care how many are made, just that mine is. We know 1000 LEs will be made with some number of standards to follow. We know LEs and standards will be available as NIB and HUO this year and into next. Everyone who wants one will be able to get one.

The only thing I don't know is where I am in the production queue for JPP orders.

#4538 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That makes 2 of us.

I don't think it is going to be possible to figure out where you stand in the production line. Based on JJP's email, the games will be built in batches by color trim, but which color goes first is anyone's guess. Gold? The color with the most orders? Stainless because there isn't as much prep and finish work involved? I haven't seen Rick comment on which trim is getting produced first.

JJP also said that the sooner you pay the balance the sooner Chicago Gaming gets paid and the sooner you will be added to JJP's queue of customers in the category of color choices.

I paid by wire today. Hopefully I'm high up in the gold queue and that gold runs first. I guess we just have to sit back and enjoy the ride to the finish line.

Anyone who paid by check/wire, are you getting the invisiglass? I'm still on the fence...

#4541 9 years ago

Yeah I'll probably just go for it since I plan to make the hour drive down and pick it up in order to save on shipping and get a quick tour. I played a Monster Bash with invisiglass. It was pretty ridiculous.

#4543 9 years ago

If Ted says go for it, then it's a must! Ted did I miss a NJ get together this year? Wasn't it about this time last year that we did the pin bar crawl ending at Nelson's?

#4723 9 years ago

Even though we aren't getting coin mechs we are getting a shaker. The same can't be said for my $8k METLE. I'd gladly trade my METLE coin mechs for a shaker.

#4814 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

This is my peeve equal to the grammar nazis. lately someone will post in a thread something like "Asked for my refund to be applied it to XX game". The next post says how fast did the refund arrive. People do not read the post or threads and just keep posting even when its answered or despite being clearly not what the next person is reading?. For some reason its happening a lot more lately.

I agree that it's ridiculous and becoming far more common. It's not like he was thinking "oh the plastic ramps will now be made of brass so I wonder if the wireforms will be brass too?"

#4834 9 years ago

Any word on which trim option is being produced first?

#4900 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Trying to put a list together and have everything ready for when it shows up.

I started a thread on this a week ago. Maybe now it can get some traction.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmmmr-playfield-protectors-list

1 week later
#4977 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

So, I gather these are not on the line at Stern this week?

I'd like to think that if they were we would have heard about it.

#5266 9 years ago

Anything and nothing is better than mech talk.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 64.99
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider s37ven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=s37ven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.