(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rx3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Two questions Rick-
First, thanks for making this possible.
1. Will this repro have the lockbar holes in the front of the cabinet like the original, and if so can they be deleted.
2. How and where will the plaque be attached, and can it be ordered not attached to the machine.
Thanks.

These are my exact questions. Please don't put lockdown bar holes in the cabinet. Also, I'd rather not have a plaque that is going to be too obvious or overwhelming.

#340 10 years ago

Guys, Rick already expressed he was somewhat annoyed by having to sift through all the dialogue here to find the questions. We should stick to QUESTIONS only. We should really refrain from jokes, trivia or debates before we annoy him away. Hopefully, we haven't already. Not trying to be a jerk but, we can continue to get a lot of good information here. Let's not ruin it.

#342 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Personally I think the poor guy has answered just about everything and more then once too. What I'd like to see now is those additional photos of the Proto unit he has. Maybe they can get posted as a sticky with no replies so all can see the images right off the bat with having to sift through posts.

I completely agree. That's why I don't want to annoy him. I'm looking forward to some pictures soon, hopefully.

#601 10 years ago

I just hope all these "little" requests and suggestions everyone is nit picking isn't going to delay the game. Rick, at some point you just have to say enough is enough and just start production and shipping.

1 month later
#1306 10 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

And I don't drive the paint job on my car, but I still want a good-looking paint job. It's reasonable for people to want something that plays well AND looks good.

I really really hate the use of car/pinball comparisons here lately. But, yours was good NorCalRealtor. LOL good one.

#1339 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I do like the look of the black chrome ...

Maybe a poll could help decide what to do.

1 week later
#1794 10 years ago

I'm still in. Work in progress. No need to freak out.

#1797 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not possible. Too much obsolete stuff.
Look at any of the new replacement boards, only thing the same is the connectors. Lots of subtle little differences because changes had to be made.
And with a Williams power driver board, you have your work cut out for you, if something goes wrong on it.
Look at PPS's three driver boards mounted under the playfield. Identical and interchangeable. Easy to swap around, narrow down a problem, and deal with it.
I wish a lot of things were made the way they used to. It isn't always possible.
LTG : )

Sorry LLoyd. Changed my post. Didn't want to discourage Rick. But, for those curious, I had said I hoped all the old electronics was used.

#1907 10 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

Rick, you're doing a great job informing us on what's going on and supplying your cell but have many people even rang you on it after complaining on here?

I bet not. Most are just keyboard tough guys. Like me!

1 month later
#2468 10 years ago

nevermind

1 month later
#2992 10 years ago

Rick, will you be getting one at BAA that we can come by and see anytime soon?

#3167 10 years ago

These past few weeks, I had honestly been considering offering to trade my NIB MMR LE for a collector quality original MM. After reading all the recent MMR news, NO WAY! MMR sounds so much superior with all the updated electronics, software upgrade abilities, less maintenance (no more changing bulbs every few weeks), no more pulling a million cables to change a transistor (sounds like we can just replace the whole board now for a reasonable price). And, now the black trim option being available puts the icing on the cake. Can't wait to open up, touch, smell, and play my NIB MMR. Kinda reminds me of my "first time" as a teenage boy lol.

#3176 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

WTF do you do that you are changing bulbs every few weeks in a game? If you are swapping stuff that often you have bigger problems.

Sorry, let me look at my bulb changing log to give you a more accurate time frame

1 month later
#3454 9 years ago

I always thought a lot of Pinsiders were being very petty when critiquing this machine. But, the black powder coat chosen seems to be a legit concern. IMO, it looks too industrial like and not like an elite LE machine. I thought it was pretty obvious from previous posts that most preferred a smooth gloss black finish. I still like the machine and am keeping my order but, I think I'll just be sticking with the stainless. Still, thanks for your efforts, PPS!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rx3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=rx3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.