(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#3040 10 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I can't imagine Vegan Greg smoking a cigar, LOL.. Now I'm thinking of attending though!

Why not? Cigars are vegan....nothing but a plant leaf!

#3133 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

A lot of original MMs have the moat flashers out of position or burned out. Also, PPS is likely using green LED flashers instead of incandescent flashers shining thru the green plastic.

What I found interesting was that I was using a green LED flasher under the green moat on my MM, but the video of the MMr seems to show a much more vibrant green, which is pretty impressive.

#3177 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

- Most important was a huge consistent feedback that the game played just like 'their' original game that many people have. This is the most important and this is what we almost universally heard.

I wasn't there and haven't played it obviously so I will hold my personal judgment, but I can say that based on my discussions with people who I know/trust that were there and played it, this is an accurate statement (with the caveat of the weak flippers which is almost certainly an issue with the line voltage at the show).

And like you said, this is the most important thing that you could have got positive feedback on. The rest of the stuff is child's play in comparison (trim colors, dialing in LEDs, yellow flipper bats (lol) etc).

#3178 10 years ago

Holy crap are you fickle!!

#3186 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Holy crap are you fickle!!

Dave can take this comment in the good nature it was intended, due in large part to the fact that he knows how fickle I am as well.

#3273 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

EPIC UPDATE:

Jack? Is that you?

1 month later
#3690 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I bet rick is wishing he never offered any options.

I bet he isn't wishing that at all.

In fact I bet he's proud of the fact that he is listening to customer feedback. He should be.

2 months later
#4665 9 years ago

No coin mechs? So I'd guess we could assume that these won't come with a cash box either then?

#4668 9 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

You guys need to calm down. It's 12 bucks. Like Lloyd said, most operators change out the coin mechs anyway, as they have a preferred type they use. For home use, it's not needed, and if you want one, spend the $12.

It's a sign of cheaping out.

$8k for a pin, but no $12 coin mech for you!

#4669 9 years ago

dupe

#4683 9 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'll take the nice trim over this oversight

So it was one or the other?

#4689 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Some of the "purists" might also want to check with Rick if the lock bar hasps are included because in all the MMR pics I've seen they are missing and have black carriage bolts in its place.

No need to check, as it's already been confirmed they won't have the hasps.

I'm still wondering if they will come with a coin box.

#4837 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Honestly, if he just would have shipped the games without mechs, 99% of the people wouldn't have noticed or cared, lol.

Oh boy, do I have to disagree with that one!

I can't even imagine the backlash here at Pinside if that happened! "What the hell is this shit? What kind of crap are they trying to pull here? Did they really think that they could get away with this and that nobody would notice"?!

I think it is dumb to not include coin mechs on a pinball machine, but I think it was extremely smart of PPS to divulge that fact before they start shipping.

2 weeks later
#5280 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

) CGC is the overall project 'owner' of the game - we are the licensee, and as such CGC has leeway to make decisions and we have a large degree of influence

Interesting. I didn't realize this. So CGC has final say. PPS has a large degree of influence.

1 week later
#5406 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lets see almost everyone in the pinball community could care less about it vs games which everyone brags about buying. Seems like a slight indicator towards flop.

Maybe. But this also seems to assume to a degree that Pinside is the only indicator of how popular a pin is. It isn't.

#5414 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Now that I've seen the metallic decals on IMve, I love them...but they don't photograph well

Yep, those metallic decals on IMVE look like crap in every single picture that I've seen of them. But tons of people say that they look great in person, so I look forward to seeing them myself.

#5417 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL they don't look like crap, they just don't look metallic. In real life they're rad as f*ck and almost look like holograms.

Actually, I will very much stand by my comment that they look like crap in the pictures. There are no blacks, and they look to be completely lacking in any depth as a result. The lack of blacks in the pictures is more than likely a result of the reflective nature of the decals.

McCune told me that they look really cool in person, he loves his, but said that they look very different than the original (which seems obvious).

The video you posted did a pretty good job of showing the reflective type effect of the foil (or whatever you call it).

#5419 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It's not a TV - talking about "black levels" is moot. In person the "black" area is "black enough" - but it actually has a nice dimensional sheen to it.

Oh, I definitely disagree with you there.

The fact it isn't a TV has nothing to do with it. Deep blacks will always result in more contrast and give more of an appearance of depth. This is true in photographic printing as well, so it seems obvious that it would apply to printed decals on a pinball machine. Why would it only apply to TV? That doesn't make sense.

Since the new decals are completely different in terms of the effect that they are achieving, the black levels are relative to what they are doing. I am not criticizing the new decals, I am simply indicating why they look like crap in still photos.

#5425 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

K.
Just look at them in person.
Superior X100.
Stern's old dotty printing has zero depth.

Well, I guess you just proved that you completely missed my point.

I was talking about why they look like crap in pictures, remember? I said it was because of the lack of black levels, which is probably a by product of the reflective nature of the new decals.. Then you replied that black levels don't matter because it isn't a TV.

I specifically said I wasn't criticizing the new decals. I was criticizing how they look in still photographs. And why.

But for some reason you take it as a slam against your new pin, which you apparently feel the need to defend even when it isn't being criticized. Kind of like the lack of coin mechs on your pre-ordered MMr.

#5432 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh for f*cks sake, I really don't wanna get in a MMr/IMr battle with you, Rob....I don't care. Unlike the coin-mechers in that other thread, I actually like you and have respect for you. Can we just end this here?

Sure, just admit that you got overly defensive for no reason and completely changed the subject at hand, and we are good to go!

It's hard to understand how *you* can go off on a tangent like you did (you even went on to say "Superior X100. Stern's old dotty printing has zero depth") and yet you reply to *my* post by saying "Oh for f*cks sake"?!

Shouldn't I be the one saying that to you?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.