(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#237 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

PPS has a license to the original code, but no license to improve or modify it to provide any function other than support hardware functional equalivalency to allow a remake to play the same as an original.
At Expo Rick pretty much shot down that any CC remake would support CCC. Someone may do it in the event that CC is remade, but it won't be PPS.
I'd like a CC or a remake myself someday, but can't fathom why CC would be done before AFM and/or MB.

I thought they couldn't do monster bash? I thought they could only re-make original themes?

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did PPS say that themselves? I think there's been a lot of speculation about licensing costs but I never saw anything definitive. Pinball Arcade was able to get rights that I would think would be more expensive (e.g. ST:TNG and T2) for $50-$70k according to their Kickstarters, so it might not be a huge factor if PPS thinks they'd sell even a few more copies of Monster Bash (or could charge and extra $500 or $1000) compared to Attack from Mars or Cactus Canyon.

No PPS never said that at all. I read it in another MMR thread here on pinside. Someone said PPS couldn't copy licenced games like MB. But if they can, then that's awesome!

#362 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rick - will your translite (and speaker panel) have a Planetary logo on it?

No, please don't put that logo on. I would have to buy a new speaker panel and translite.

#363 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The trick with the exotic finish on the trim (gold, brass, chrome, etc) - is as much as some of it is really nice, it also really scratches easily (i know as we sell the parts). So, I really would hate to have this beautiful finish only to have it marred either in shipping or in early use, etc. So, we are working thru some choices which will try to be durable, but also will not get messed up easily, etc. I know that some of the finishes on the lockdown bar gets easily worn off due to sweat (acids, etc), so in any event we are looking at some finish which will be 'gold tone' without having the various downsides - so we are trying to get the 'best' finish we can.

What about brass/gold plating. That is pretty sturdy.

#366 10 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

unless you want to rub it down with brasso every time you play it.

Good point I guess. But it would be better then scratching.

#367 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

I am going have to nominate you for the "Super Excited" award

You better believe it. I always wanted an MM but 15 - 20k was way too much IMO. Now I can have a new one with new coils, wires, bulbs, and everything else for just 8k. Sweet. Really don't want the planetary logo on on it though, I know Stern does it to their games, but this is really a Williams game anyway.

#371 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

I would say gold plate, or brass plate & clear, but I doubt that it is in the budget.

It's $8000! How can it not be in the budget????????

#372 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think it would look pretty cool.

DSCF5702.jpg 0

Ummm, NO.

#373 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Agreed, it is sweet that they are available NIB again, for more people to enjoy. FWIW I haven't even seen a MM in real life, how sad is that.

Me either

#376 10 years ago

I don't have any idea how much the production cost is, all-in. Typically companies try to increase their profits, not cannibalize it.
A guy can dream though... Gold plated. Mmmmm...

I know there is a company that sells gold plated lockdown bars. It might be planetary for all I know, but someone does.

#378 10 years ago

That's Mirco. He has gold plated trim, lockdown bars, and legs. They aren't cheap though, as you can surely imagine.

I'm sure Rick can work out a deal with them. And they are only $137 at Mr. Pinball:

http://mrpinballa.cart.net.au/details/818098.html

#381 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

if we used mirco's 24carat gold ... like copper we would have people stealing the trim off the mmr games in the middle of the night ... lol

Hey, that's the ops problem

#383 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

My god, if they do put a logo, I hope it's nowhere near that big. How about place it right on top of the knights face while your at it.

How about not at all??

#386 10 years ago
Quoted from jsauce85:

Did you decide where the plaque will go on the LE? I would think a good spot would be on the apron where a pricing card would usually be.

I'm thinking you should put it over top of the planetary pinball logo.

#406 10 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Again, I may not even be a buyer, but if guys are paying 8 grand for an LE, and guys who didn't get in early are paying 8grand for a std. What the hell is the difference if 1000 people send hate mail? I'd think the guys paying the same price for a seemingly lesser product and having to wait longer have the true gripe?

If you're not a buyer then shut up please

#542 10 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

No logo is my vote!

I second that!!!!

#551 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

guys ... we can sideline the logo discussion ... our logo will not change (it doesn't have a 'white box' around it ... lol), and if, where, and how it will be placed is what is required and/or desired. ... thanks, rick

How about just on the translite then? At least that I can switch out. And I'd buy a Williams one from you to replace it, so it's win win for you.

#553 10 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Or how about a decal on the playfield glass? Made in the USA by PPS

Greatest idea EVER! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#567 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Any chance of making the insert LED's socketed?

Wouldn't you need to remove all the electronics that used to be in the backbox but are now under the playfield out to get to those sockets anyway?? Seems like it would be a pain in the ass. Plus Rarehero owns a few LE's that have boards and he is a player so I'm sure they get used and he's never had a problem, although they aren't that old either.

#604 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

For $8,000 they won't be crap PPS should have plenty of cash for BOM
They are not going to shoot themselves in the foot here guys.

Well how about gold plating instead of cheap powder coating for 8k then? That's really all I want, the rest is ok with me.

#614 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

So the fact that you can now get a MM for under 10K now isn't enough. Cause really that's all I want.

Ok so that's all you want and and that's what you're getting. So stop your bit@hing then. You're complaining about everyone complaining. To some people 8k is a lot of money and they just want to make sure the components and finishes will be up to par and reliable. If you want to throw your money blindly at whatever you want, go ahead. Some people want to know how the product they are buying is made and what it is made from and finished with. Don't they have that right?

#617 10 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

God forbid they change a VUK on this remake.

I'm not the only one that didn't like the VUK change, some people even cancelled their orders over it, which is what I was going to do until I saw how beautiful it was . Anyway that's what these forums are for, asking questions and getting answers. I'm a newb so I ask a lot of questions and get a lot of answers, that's why I love this forum so much. One day I will be an expert like you and be able to throw my money at pins without asking questions, like Avengers and WOZ, but until I become an expert like you I will run all my questions past you to make sure they are ok first.

#661 10 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Or only do the gold plating part for the LEs and give the Standards the original brass colored wireforms. The gold plated ones make the pin look like it was re-designed for use in a russian brothel (and don't fit the theme at all in my opinion).
Having two versions will make everyone happy and since i'm not buying this until i've played and seen it live i'm not on the LE-trip anyway.

Plating on the lockdown bar and legs only if possible, not the wireforms. Original wireforms are cool.

#787 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

I think Rick already knows that if the trim is powder coated gold everyone will be calling him and bitching about it. We all know gold power coat looks like ass and shouldn't even be considered an option.
It has to be plated.

Yes. What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is correct, plated please!

#800 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveP3:

Yeesh, I'd be less concerned about the hubcaps and hood emblem than the engine and transmission!

We already know the transmission is good
The hubcaps and hood emblem should be equally as good. Don't cheap out there.

#825 10 years ago

I wonder how many new accounts are going to be made to post sarcastic comments in MMR threads...

How many people own the original MM?

#827 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I do, bought it when it came out, uncrated it myself.
LTG : )

That's awesome, a true HUO MM with one owner. Must be pretty rare these days.

#833 10 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

Lloyd's isn't HUO, he has been operating it since the day it came out of the box.

#863 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmods:

Are you seriously implying that having his MM on route is a bad thing?

Not at all. I was just excited to see there was a true HUO one out there. I didn't think there were any.

#899 10 years ago

Love the fact there is still a real knocker in the backbox.

#908 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Rick, a somewhat silly question from me, how heavy will the playfield be with more components on the bottom of it? Will the game need extra support rails similar to Safe Cracker or is the additional weight minimal and not likely to cause buckling?

Good question!

1 month later
#1283 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

I'm 100% out if it's powder coat. No thank you, I'll pass completely and buy an Original MM and pay more $$ to do so. This is what I'm fearing will happen. The start of Penny Pinching. We all think we'er getting a B/W machine and we end up getting a Knock Off. I don't like the term re-fake, I'd say it could be a "knock off".

Yes I do agree with you (except the getting an original part). For 8k please don't do the powder coat, do the plating. I can clear the plating and it won't scratch.

#1302 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Rick I am in whatever trim and I know if I dont like it I can change it - no big deal.
Just a quick thank you for doing this project. If you hadn't I would never have owned a MM.
Fact is I almost bought a v-pin just to play MM - thankfully I didn't.
All that being said.... Lets face it Gold powder looks like butt. Brass wears off even from the best of plate guys in the ideal home setting.
My vote - smoke black chrome powder - much like black nickel but will last a lifetime.
» YouTube video
If you really want longevity mirror polished stainless; Unlike chrome it does not wear or scratch easy.

That mirrored black looks great. I'd go for that

#1317 10 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well if the clearcoat starts to fail then that spot on the brass tarnishes... then yer up the creek! Most scratches won't cause this but your hands can slowly wear off the ccoat on the lockbar. I've seen some brass-plated lockbars (or "lock DOWN bars" for you sticklers) get ugly when this happens.
I don't know quick the ccoat wears down however - maybe someone else can speak to it's longevity.

I've heard people talk about clear coating the finish on a lockbar. Can you do this and wouild it solve the wearing/tarnishing problem??

#1318 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Couple more

image-700.jpg 53 KB

image.jpg 49 KB

The more I see it, the more I like the black chrome the most.

#1349 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

What's the cost factor?

$8000

#1522 10 years ago

Will we know what the final trim will be on the LE and what the final over all product will look like (pics, videos) before our deposits become final. I think that would be only fair.

#1531 10 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

You deserve an answer from Rick no doubt but are you seriously saying you will cancel you preorder instead taking taking MMR with standard trim?

No it has nothing to do with trim. Just remove the trim part from the question. It has more to do with having my $1000 secured without seeing the final product. I would like to see more pictures of the completed product and at least one video before my deposit is non refundable.

#1542 10 years ago

Since your in the thread now. Will we know what the final over all product will look like (pics, videos) before our deposits become final. I think that would be only fair. Sorry if you answered this question earlier, I didn't want to read through 30 pages.

#1585 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I know what will shut them up....sweet new pics & video of the game in action!

Yes this ^^^^^^^^^^^ exactly!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop side stepping the question, will we see pics and at least one video before our deposits become non-refundable. I have a $1000 deposit down and can't wait to get mine but I still want some piece of mind before the deposit is non-refundable. Thanks. I will call you also today in case you don't answer this again.

****Update******
Just called the # Rick left and it rang a bunch of times then went to a Bay Area Amusements voicemail stating not to leave a message because they don't check them? Tried again with same result.

#1591 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

we won't freeze deposits until there is enough stuff out there to make them feel comfortable, if that goes into January to get us more out there, we can do that. I'm promised pictures, etc early next week or sooner. The pictures that we already posted show the game, but I will try to get some additional stuff. We are also scheduling Roger Sharpe to come and review things - Roger is and has been very supportive and so having never done the process before (as no wms remake has happened before), we will see what the process turns into - but we don't have any need to 'freeze' deposits until we are comfortable that our customers are comfortable.
rick

Phew, thank you. That puts my mind at ease.

#1596 10 years ago

Got in touch with Rick by phone, nice guy. He took the time to answer the question that was bugging me. I'm good with my deposit now that I know the answer. Thanks again Rick.

#1655 10 years ago

No he put a $300 deposit down. The other $700 is due when Vince approves them.

#1694 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Couldn't agree more. Interactive backbox lighting is great!!

Yes it is, and you can get it for any machine from the Pinball Refinery.

#1729 10 years ago

I'm sure Pinball Refinery will come up with some awesome mods for MMR. Those guys rock, but hurt my wallet.

#1749 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Fyi ... finally got the latest pictures and video in of the game, more updates coming ...
http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr/
[email protected]

Two things I notice is it looks like the dragon is missing and when the castle is defeated in the original the towers would shake the topple sideways for a few seconds then pop back up normal again. In the video I only saw the castle towers shake, they did not topple over and stay there for a few seconds then pop back up, they just shook, that's it. I don't know the game that well so maybe you have to defeat the castle a bunch of times to make that happen???

#1751 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

the dragon is sitting next to the shelf out of view, but just so no-one has major coronary ... yes, the dragon (and associated wings) is part of the game ... lol

cool, thanks.

#1753 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Agreed, the castle must fall...

It made some weird grinding sound near the end too, I don't know if that is normal or not?

#1767 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

not hearing that myself ... were you hearing the drawbridge going back up?

At the end of the castle destruction sequence it glitches a few times after the castle resets itself and you can hear a winding/grinding sound for a second.

#1768 10 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Agreed again. Thank you for the video, but as noted that castle descruction sequence "ain't quite right".

Yeah, I just watched a bunch of videos of the original MM and the castle destruction sequence is WAY off, there is something wrong with it. The castle doesn't stay defeated, and it looks way different from the original. Also the drawbridge on the original has a wood plank look to it (probably just a decal) and on the video it was just a flat black surface. I'm assuming Rick didn't put the decal on yet?

#1781 10 years ago

Rick will we get to see a full length HD video of all the modes before our deposit is non-refundable?? Because with the bad castle destruction sequence and bad LED timing and who knows what the other mode timing looks like, like metallit mentioned, I would be out if what I saw in that video was the final product. The castle destruction and inserts looked nothing like the original.

#1784 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I have to admit, both of these things are pretty disappointing. This is what I meant earlier in the thread about how you can't say it looks and plays just like the original as if it was fact. The castle thing, though it seems like a frivolous detail is really important IMHO. And the lights just look spastic.

Yes the castle is VERY important, it's the main toy and a deal breaker for me if they don't fix it. I want it to look and play the same as the original, just like PPS promised.

#1802 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Relax guys! Getting all freaked out by progress pics of an early prototype will only make Rick less likely to show us stuff like this. It's not like Rick said here is a 1 minute video commit now and your deposit is non refundable. If castle destruction sequence and LED fading issues are all all the issues they have to deal with then PPS is way further along than I thought they would be at this point.
So in a nutshell... let's not kill the goose that is getting ready to lay 1000 golden eggs.

I think what's making us freak out is the non refundable deposits. If this is the only video we see before that happens I'm not impressed, however if we get to see a video of the fully completed product (not work in progress) before our deposits become final I'm ok with this "work in progress" video.

#1882 10 years ago

I thought the video I watched was the one they were putting into production because the Williams inspection is so close, I figured how will they fix that castle destruction issue in that short period of time. I didn't realize it was a work in progress and Rick has every intention to fix the castle sequence (I hope). Therefore I apologize for my frantic behaviour and please keep the tidbits coming.

2 weeks later
#2034 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

This should put everyone's mind at ease...
A Note about Deposits: for those who have MMR deposits – don’t stress about the timing, we have every $ in our PPS MMR Account, and we are also not going to make the deposits non-refundable until two conditions a) that we have the WMS ‘approval’ signaling that we are ok to move ahead with full production (which we expect), as well as b) that you have enough information about the game – videos, pictures, FAQ, player reports, etc. Additionally, we will give you a week or so notice AFTER we feel the above has happened to insure that you are confident about your purchase. In any event none of this has any effect on the schedule or the work, just that you have time to review and see the progress, and move forward with us being fully in view of the product. So, don’t worry!!

Thank god. That does put me at ease.

1 week later
#2117 10 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

But if it can't stand up to any inspection or criticism, and obvious and observable flaws in a video can't be pointed out without it being labeled as an "attack" that is kind of sad.

+1

3 weeks later
2 weeks later
#2672 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

if there is a next game and there is an LE for the next game, we are thinking of giving existing MMR LE customers first dibs on them (same game #, etc).

Excellent idea. I think that would be fantastic, of course the people who didn't get the LE will probably feel the opposite.

#2700 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

You think?
I think limiting sales to current LE owners only is pretty stupid. If you want to give them first dibs on numbers...okay, sure. Don't have an issue with that *at all*, especially since when I inquired about holding a number they wanted like 200 bucks to do it, which means I wouldn't care about the number in the first place. But denying people the chance to buy in early to get the upgrades, or the option of spending more money? Come on...really?
What are you going to do if you get to #3 or #4 and the guys that bought MMR aren't interested in that title? Just say "Oh well, guess we're making 15 LE's!"?

No I just think the part about at least giving the LE buyers first dibbs is pretty cool of Rick. If they turn it down then their proposed machine just goes on the open market for anyone to buy. Makes sense to me. That is why that is the only part I quoted of what he wrote

2 months later
#3440 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Latest Castle Sequence!
(note: glass is off the machine, so sounds will be different than when on!)
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-update-latest-and-greatest-castle-sequence/

YES! It's finally perfect! Thanks for taking the time to dial in the castle sequence and make it perfect. It looks great now, just like the original. Thanks Rick!

1 week later
#3693 9 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Rick just posted the video from his TPF seminar on the PPS blog, here:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-seminar-at-tpf-posted/
» YouTube video

The gold actually doesn't look that bad in the video. I guess it's something you need to see in real life.

#3746 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Some important updates for everyone on MMR - Stern assembly arrangement, MMR had to be pulled from PAGG (sorry!), Trim trying to get to PAGG (we're fedexing!), and Open House(s) at Chicago Gaming on SATURDAY (May 17):
We have announced a specialty manufacturing arrangement using Stern Pinball Inc's factory to do the major assemblies for MMR.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr/
Due to some of the changes per the Stern assembly arrangement (and different pressure) that puts on things (which is a good thing), we need to pull the game that was going to PAGG (UL testing, Final preparations, etc) - we are not happy about this, but it's either accelerate the build by getting things that have to be finalized done. So, unfortunately there will be no MMR at PAGG. We are building a couple of more pilot games, and then the pre-production games, but the timing was horrible as we needed that game in Chicago.
We are trying to have the Gold and Black (Shiny) trim samples at PAGG, so hopefully as long as Fedex can find the Dixon fairgrounds we hope to have samples there.
Additionally, we are having an Open House to see and play the MMR and talk to Chicago Gaming on Sat, May 17 (10AM-1PM CST) at Chicago Gaming headquarters (4616 W 19th Street, Cicero, IL 60804). We will set a schedule to try to have weekly or bi-weekly open houses as well. Anyone interested just 'show up'!
thanks
[email protected]

To me this is actually good news. I would prefer the game delivered on time and bug free then to see it at some show instead. Given the two choices I'm glad you chose to tweak the game and accelerate the build instead.

#3766 9 years ago

Who will be taking care of quality control at the Stern factory for MMR? Stern or PPS? Sterns quality control is terrible, I have had to return almost every NIB Stern I've bought for a new one due to some kind of defect getting through. I hope PPS is taking care of the quality control at the Stern factory for MMR.

#3770 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Chicago Gaming. It's in Rick's announcement.
CGC will be working closely to be sure things are done right.
Not to worry.
LTG : )™

Phew, Thank you

#3775 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You must be very unlucky. Having a defect bad enough to return a game once is rare, but multiple times? For me, I got sold an AC/DC with a cloudy window. But, they shipped me a populated clear playfield. My distro offered to install it, but I declined, no big deal.
Just about anything is fixable relatively easily. And if not, the distros usually take care of it including the labor.

I have been unlucky. Tron had a clearcoat defect and a big scrape in the playfield. Xmen had messed up peeling trim around the head and didn't even work when I opened it up (some kind of operator error). Star Trek had a raised insert and a small piece of the playfield just under an insert showing bare wood. One thing I can say is Stern replaced Xmen and Star Trek with new ones and promised me a new Tron Playfield (that I never got). So they do make good on their mistakes and stand behind their work. And customer service with Chas at Stern is top notch.

#3799 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I bet you could pay centerflank to come to your house and take it all apart for you so you could put it back together yourself.

Will he sign the apron while he is there? Worth every penny then

2 weeks later
#3898 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

So When shipping starts ? any official date ?

It is the last month of the second quarter, so must be soon

1 week later
#4020 9 years ago

Yes thanks for the pic. Do you have one of the same for the gold? Or maybe black and gold side by side? Those are the two colours I'm choosing between.

2 weeks later
#4122 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

What are the odds standards don't happen? Apparently there are still a few LE's available, and my guess is there will be cancellations when it comes to put up or shut up time.
The standard run wasn't in the cards until the LE sold out, but with LE's available, is it possible we might see this cap at the 1,000 LE's and no more?

They will probably make standards but also probably less then 1000 which means the standard version will be more rare and possibly more valuable, not that it matters to me at all but some people buy pins as investments or to flip.

#4125 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why would the standard ever be more valuable? It will have fewer features and while there will be less of them, PPS has made clear they may do additional runs of standards in the future if there's enough demand. I simply cannot imagine anyone paying more for a "rarer" machine that's only distinction is lacking a shaker motor and fancy trim.

Who knows it was just a guess. You are probably right though.

#4161 9 years ago

Nice, that pretty much explains everything very nicely.

#4166 9 years ago

Yeah the side by sides did it for me. I'm gonna go gold. It fits the artwork and playfield nicely.

#4227 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I have some leg pictures as well that I took a movie of as well as some pictures:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr/trim/Trim.mp4
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr/trim/trim1.jpg
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr/trim/trim2.jpg
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr/trim/trim3.jpg
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr/trim/trim4.jpg
this is the gold and the 'shiny' black and these are sitting in the entryway at BAA right now, the stainless/zinc is same as original (same legs, lock bar, and side molding as on most wpc/wpc95 games).

Oh yeah, definitely gold!

#4309 9 years ago
Quoted from Fuse:

Anyone from canada been contacted from starburst yet?

No, I was wondering the same thing?

#4347 9 years ago
Quoted from Fuse:

Anyone from canada been contacted from starburst yet?

I just got an email from Starburst to choose my trim colour for MMRLE, I chose Gold.

#4361 9 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

I got an email too. I am still not sure what colour to choose but I am leaning towards gold.

You're a Sens fan, you should be reaching for the gold

#4392 9 years ago
Quoted from Tkaye:

Did SB also confirm the price? I haven't heard...

They confirmed the price when I put the deposit down and I'm not paying a penny more then what is on my deposit invoice.

#4394 9 years ago

Yes the price was dependant on the American dollar. But they had American dollars on my invoice so that would only make sense.

#4404 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

People who purchased new MMR LE will get preferred treatment on game #2 ... I think I've said that before.
Rick

But what if we bought from a reseller, how will you know? Or will the resellers give us preferred treatment as well?

#4411 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Most likely.....
Monster Bash
Cactus Canyon
Big Bang Bar
Attack from Mars
Twilight Zone
are the only ones I can see following MMRLE.

I think you messed the order up. It goes:

BBB
AFM
and whatever else

#4618 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

A question came up about coin mechs (not the ability to accept them), but I've not really addressed this as it is intermingled with the mfg. In any event, the MMR will not ship with any coin mechs - really for a few reasons and not necessarily in order of importance, etc a) many games are HUO, b) several different mechs depending on geography, c) mfg options kept to a bare minimum, d) depending on where you are there may be need for fancy multi-currency comparator or other variations (tokens, etc). The games are std 2-slot wms style doors that can accept 2 coin mechs as well as DBA. Sorry, but this was not something I had even thought to ask Chicago Gaming until recently, but it is what it is. There was a discussion about using a 1-slot vs 2-slot door, but we are using 2-slot door ...
[email protected]

Really? For 8k that's not cool, operators won't like that. Stern can put different currency coin mechs in 5k games and ship them all over the world. Why can't you do it with an 8k game?

#4633 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Hmmm...... none of my NIB Stern pins have ever come with a coin mech

Hmmmm.............ALL of my NIB Sterns have come with coin mechs

#4634 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Doesn't bother me. I'd rather put in better mechs I have on hand than what usually comes with a game.
LTG : )

True but my last few Sterns came with nice all metal happ coin mechs (Tron and Xmen, Star Trek came with plastic mechs).

#4744 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Hmmmmm.... all of my NIB Sterns have come with a tournament button

Mine too . But I've never used it

1 week later
#4882 9 years ago

Rick you may have already answered this but someone brought up a good point in another thread. In the picture you posted of the three trim packages side by side the gold trim package had black backbox hinges. I think it looks pretty stupid and ugly having black backbox hinges when the rest of the trim is gold. Hopefully it was just a photoshop mistake and the production machines will have gold hinges. Can you tell us Rick if the production machines with the gold trim package will have gold backbox hinges or black? Thanks.

#4885 9 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

I believe it's just the legs, side rails & lock down bar , commence getting your panties in a knot.

A simple, the rails will be black, would have been fine jack ass.

#4887 9 years ago
Quoted from Fuse:

Are you guys putting cliffy's on your machine? I bought a set months back since I needed cliffy's for other games to save on shipping. Overkill on a huo?

I don't think so. I put a full set of cliffy's on all my NIB machines, his stuff is the best. I'm also going to add a full playfield protector to my MMR, now that might be overkill

The Cliffy set for MM they are selling now might not fit MMR. I remember reading on here something about the Merlin hole Cliffy won't fit MMR for some reason.

#4889 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

^^^ I'm looking to do everything possible to protect my baby. I've never used Cliffy's on my playfield before in fear of them ,over time, leaving wear marks themselves. Am I wrong on my assumption here? Has any body used them over a long period of time and has seen wear or it's in pristine condition? Trying to put a list together and have everything ready for when it shows up. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated!

You are not alone in worrying about that. People that have that concern usually just buy mantis protectors instead, no chance of that kind of wear with them. Link below:

http://www.mantisamusements.com/mmprot.htm

#4897 9 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

you do know the orignal had black backbox hinges with silver rails. And if you really want to worry the black hinges that it comes with it are probably going to be different gloss than the side rails and lockdown bar. Also the coin door is not going to match either..

Thanks daddy for your condescending post. Of course I realise the coindoor will be black, it's not my first machine. I asked this question because Stern LE's like LOTR LE came with gold matching hinges so I thought it might be an LE thing to have the matching hinges like LOTR. Also I guess I've been pampered by Gio at the Refinery because when he does a armor package the hinges match and I will likely get something from the refinery anyway to replace if I don't like the way it looks, that's why this question died 20 posts back but I know how much people like you enjoy controversy on this thread so go for it. This will be my last post on the matter.

#4904 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The hinges are black, as are alot of other components on the game, hinges have never been considered 'trim' and it has never been mentioned that they would be colored to match, which they will not.
Maybe a market for gold aftermarket hinge kits ...
rick

I would buy a set if you sell them

1 week later
#5228 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I'm not sure if everyone read the part where I have deeply discounted mechs.

That's cool but will you ship them for free? The shipping is outrageous at BAA. The mechs might be $5 but the shipping will be $30

#5307 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I wonder how many people bought the MMR with little knowledge of it like I did.
1. I have never seen the pin in person.
2. Never played one, not even the Virtual Pin version.
3. I have watched one video of someone playing it on Youtube.
I wanted it because:
1. It has been #1 on Pinside for a long time, so it MUST be good!
2. I have heard SO many other people exclaim what a great pin it is.
3. It is supposed to be unique and addictive to play.
4. Pictures I have seen show it to be a beautiful pin.
5. The idea that it is brand new and not a used pin.
6. The idea it is a Limited Edition.
That's about it! This is like buying a car without ever seeing one or driving one, but only seeing pictures and hearing feedback from others.
Anyone else take such a leap? I figure most of you have had a lot of exposure to this pin, either own one, or have played it a lot. I am convinced I made the right decision.
Mike

I am in the same boat as you. I never played the actual pin just the pinball arcade version. I am going strictly off reputation.

#5400 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

The fact that at least one major distributor (Automated) hasn't asked for full payment makes it pretty clear that production isn't imminent. If it was, I'm assuming everyone would have collected the money.

My distributor hasn't asked for the remainder of the payment yet either. He's thinking I will have it in my house in October sometime.

#5430 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Oh for f*cks sake, I really don't wanna get in a MMr/IMr battle with you, Rob....I don't care. Unlike the coin-mechers in that other thread, I actually like you and have respect for you. Can we just end this here?

Once you get him going, just sit back and enjoy the ride (joke)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 26.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=quartergrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.