(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider morepins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#5290 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

So ... I'm just going to address some really weird mis-statements and mis-conceptions, and pretty disappointed that my previous posts about the coin mech topic seem to get lost. I would encourage people to look at the MMR summary thread which has most of the relevent updates.
a) Has absolutely nothing to do with commercial or not, have no idea who came up with that theory ... if that were the case (which it's not), then likely it would have a 0-slot coin door ... who comes up with this stuff?
b) I've already stated why the decision to not have coin mechs was made 1) they complicate the mfg process as they become another option between US and export. And then there are more secondary reasons 2) a super small % of the games will be operated and use quarters, 3) many operators prefer their own mechs (and have mechs).
c) As I also said we have coin mechs (they are real as a few people had gotten them at CAX open house) for cheap and they are good mechs.
d) I communicated this as soon as I knew about it, from a call we had between Stern, CGC, and myself. I figured when I heard about it was a good time to communicate it - it was not a 'bait and switch' (good lord), it was just that there are so many things going on that the discussion about the coin mechs is not a top one on the list.
e) CGC is the overall project 'owner' of the game - we are the licensee, and as such CGC has leeway to make decisions and we have a large degree of influence, there is nothing new to this. PPS is the 'face' for the pinball community because frankly while CGC is well known in gaming they are not 'in' the community and thus PPS (myself) provides the conduit for communication with the community. CGC is not a contractor, Stern in this case is a contractor (and important one). CGC is a partner and driving the bulk of the game development with our guidance.
f) As for questions about things - I am always ok to run them down (about manuals and such - which I'm pretty sure we are including a manual with an appexdix for MMR stuff). Alot of this requires me getting answers from CGC which sometimes especially now is a challenge as they are heavily working on what they need to do and often I have a hard time finding them.
For those that are very upset, we are sorry, but we have done things like extend the warranty, put double hard coat, finished the backbox trim, put a shaker in it, etc which did we felt were ways to differentiate the game. We did feel that the omission of coin mechs which can contribute to complicating the mfg (between two parties, not one, and then shipped to many resellers) was better than the crazy feedback if more production/coordination mistakes happened because of this additional element, which the goal is to try to reduce as much complexity as possible.
rick

Thanks, Rick
MMR will be great. I hope additional machines will be made in the future, too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider morepins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=morepins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.