(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#846 10 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Got my confirmation on MMr LE!!

Here here, just got mine today as well!!!

2 weeks later
#1247 10 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This is what I did for WOZ. JJP agreed when I approached him and Jack worked the details out on his end. I then went about gathering other buyers in Colorado. There were 9 of us and we used one of the buyers address as a central delivery location. Our shipping cost dropped from nearly $400 to $250 each. (I'm rounding $$ from my poor memory)
Kim
http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

Kim,

I emailed Jack and asked him if he would be doing this for MMr or if it was just for WoZ. He replied advising "Yes I'm sure we will do that".

So with that said, anyone in the Pittsburgh, PA area that would want to do this let me know. I have the space to accommodate anyone that would want to do this!

1 month later
#2194 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Ha.. I'll say this about RGP, I've rarely put a tech question up that hasn't been answered.

+1 If I have a tech question I will post on both sites sometimes and my post on RGP is always addressed. On here not so!

#2196 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Isn't RGP without Frank just complaints about how much Pinside sucks?

IMO both sites are great resources. I prefer Pinside as Robin did a great job putting together something that offers more than just a forum site. Both sites have, what you call, your "complainers" !

#2201 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Maybe I'm just nostalgic, but:
When I wanted to buy my first pinball many years ago and then when I had it and needed help- RGP was a lifesaver.
I'm not sure if Id have even bought my first pin without that resource....

Agree, RGP gave me the support that has allowed me to go from paying someone to fix my machines to me being able to do the vast majority of work myself. I like the setup of Pinside better thus the reason I am here. I find both sites to be a great resource!

#2222 10 years ago
Quoted from miggitymac:

I have a feeling Rick has a great blog update in store for us soon...

Are you saying Rick is going to have an EPIC blog update ???

2 weeks later
#2490 10 years ago

Rick, if I call you can I beat your ear about reproducing the transparent targets for Medusa and Elektra..........again???

#2493 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

No, he is too busy thinking about how to make the bk2k repro playfields the best they can be.

damn it!

#2508 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

LMAO!!
I refuse to respond in case my response fans the flames. My people will be in contact with your people next week.
Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean, know what I mean.

Quoted from PPS:

my people have already infiltrated - they are your people ...

Any chance you two were married in a past life??

#2510 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You can chose to respond with information to address the topic.. or you can chose to respond with "you don't know what you are talking about". I'll let you decide what you think is more effective at addressing speculation.

Or you can not respond at all and save yourself a lot of grief!!! In which I wouldn't blame you as no matter how you conduct yourself or respond a portion of the public is going to rip apart what you say! My opinion is ..... spend less time on pinball forums and put that time to use on the MMr, second release or those Medusa lucid targets (had to throw this in lol)! !!!

#2513 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

My people (who appear to now be Rick's people) won't let me divulge that information.

aghhh you sign a non-disclosure agreement!?!?!?

#2612 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

2 days of silence.......ahhhhhhhh what are we going to do!
bump thats what.

You woke Rick up!!!

1 week later
#2703 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

o what happens when someone buying game one doesn't want game two but wants the same number on game three, but the buyer of game two wants that number on game three also?

I would assume the buyer of game 1 would lose their right to that numbered game if they don't purchase the next game in line!!! So buyer of game 1 has no right to the same numbered game for game 3 if they don't purchase game 2.

2 months later
#3475 9 years ago

Rick, can you advise as to what the backbox "tub" is made from and the thickness? Reason I am asking is I have seen tubs like this in other styles of machines and after 5 or so years they dry out, crack, are crappy looking!

1 month later
#4077 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Thank you for the clarification, Rick! Still waiting on that advice how to tell the wife ...

That is easy....give your wife Rick's cell number to call. Rick said anyone can call him any time!!!!

3 weeks later
#4574 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

All mmr deposits are hard now. Can we move onto the next topic ... I think the story of deposits will go into a chapter of the book ... including some of the non-standard reasons why a few of the people have cancelled ... i feel deep sympathy for any boutique company using deposits in anyway ... oy (as Jack would say) ... lol.
rick

Rick, I think most people complaining about the deposit are doing so due to originally statement that the deposits were "locked in upon Williams approval" but then in a post, after Williams approval, you stated "The deposit will become refundable when there is sufficient exposure of the game and other things (like trim option). we will also be giving notice, so this should all be good news as we moving out the date to production". From all these post it appears people were not given notice nor were they advised to check with their Dist. to see what their policy is/was.

I think it's great that the likes of you and Jack come on here and post as it's great to get insight as to what is going on and all but communication is key!

Best of luck with MMr and any future products!

2 weeks later
#5133 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

didn't want to add the complexity of sorting out specific coin mechs for various countries

Rick, not being sarcastic just inquisitive. How is adding the coin mechs any more complex then allowing people to pick the color of the trim?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mesz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=mesz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.