(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckymoey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#4374 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This unnecessary paranoia. As a game distributor Jack's always been awesome. Producing his own games may be a bumpier road, but that's a different thing entirely.

For what it's worth, I think Jack is doing himself a disservice with the way he's handling MMR. I ordered MMR from PPS and JJP within the first half-hour of the announcement. My intent wasn't to flip one, but I was nervous about the confusion around the ordering process at the time like a lot of people. Within the first few days, I decided to go with Jack. I was pretty new to the hobby and thought it would be better to buy from a well established distributor. I would hesitate though to buy another NIB game from JJP based on how they are handling MMR orders. I didn't like having to rush to get them a deposit check to reserve my place in line after thinking my original cc deposit was accepted. It had to be a cashiers check or your place wouldn't be reserved until a regular check cleared. Then you have to rush again to send in the balance to get a good place in line, and the balance is due before scheduling of shipment. None of this is a big deal for me, but it's enough that I'll likely go with Rick for the next remake and stick with Game Exchange for Sterns. Seems like Jack would be better off putting more emphasis on developing repeat customers than maximizing profit / cash float on each order. He's a very successful businessman and certainly has given thought to all of this, but it's the little things that can make a big difference in an increasingly competitive market.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
3 weeks later
#5195 9 years ago

I have an MMR and AMH on order - my first two pre-orders. I use to get exited when I saw a bunch of activity on the two treads thinking it meant the games were getting closer to showing up on my driveway. The AMH thread has turned into what is the next Spooky Pin brainstorming session ( which is great but do it in a new thread) and this has turned into coin mech world.

I think Rick is under estimating the potential loss of customer goodwill and the compound effect of multiple changes to the original perception that an LE would be special with double clear coat and real brass trim. This is probably feeding the emotions on the coin mech. Personally, I appreciate the added LEDs and color DMD, and Rick's gesture in offering discounted mechs, but give no value to the ply wood, painted bottom. Going on about the coin mechs seems like wasted energy versus the fun and excitement of getting this pin. But I will think harder about jumping on the next LE remake for top $.

1 week later
#5384 9 years ago

None of the distributors should have collected full payment unless production was good to go and they had a confirmed production schedule with Stern. I did not sign up for a pre-order but payment within 2 weeks of shipment as committed by PPS.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luckymoey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=luckymoey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.