(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordloss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1022 10 years ago

I wonder how much this pin would have been if WOZ or stern didn't create the new 8k price bracket.

1 month later
#1581 10 years ago

If it has to be original, why are they changing the siderails in the first place?

2 weeks later
#1963 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Also ... a quick update (i'm putting together a longer update around a bunch of topics for the weekend) ... we have the original uncompressed audio files for MM that we will be using on the MMR! We had to check out and verify what we had, but resulting audio quality will be much higher as the compression reduced the sampling rate and so this will be one of the benefits of using the new platform ... stay tuned for more.
rick

Now go over to stern and get their uncompressed file and remake LOTR.

#2013 10 years ago

That'd be one hell of an upgrade. You'd pretty much be replacing a good chunk of the game and it wouldn't be cheap.

1 month later
#2453 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I have the budget ... you can't get away from this that easy Lloyd ... lol

Sounds like a plan

make-it-so-captain.jpgmake-it-so-captain.jpg
#2460 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

ebay.com link » Red Pre Tied Mens Bow Tie
The bow tie.
LTG : )

Get one for prada too.

#2491 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Rick, if I call you can I beat your ear about reproducing the transparent targets for Medusa and Elektra..........again???

No, he is too busy thinking about how to make the bk2k repro playfields the best they can be.

#2574 10 years ago

I've heard enough rumors from different people that AFM is already in progress, so its probably too late to skip that one. I'd rathter have MB or IJ over AFM as well.

2 weeks later
#2757 10 years ago

It'd be great to see used one for for $7k like you are with MM's now.

#2760 10 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I think I sold my MB at the right time (3 months ago) if MB is next. Saying that, my money is on AFM then CC.

Rumor has it that AFM is already in the works and next in line, so lets hope MB is #3.

#2767 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Wasn't it agreed that MB would be impossible due to the Universal licenses that would also be needed?

Who agreed? The pinside collective?

If it really was a no go, you'd think PPS would clarify that pretty fast.

#2775 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

i could be wrong but i thought they said they already had the Universal licensing to reproduce certain parts anyway.

You're correct, they already have a license for parts. So its not like they would say no when they're already saying yes to parts.

1 week later
#2829 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Did Rick say a machine would be at Allentown?

Rick said he would magically teleport a game to every convention across the US, since they're all so close together.

1 week later
#2936 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hey Lloyd I just noticed you trademarked the smiley face by your initials... : )

I tried using the smiley face once and I got a cease and desist from LTG. It was almost as scary as the ones Rick hands out.

1 week later
#3011 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Just throwing this out there. Why can't it be good and on time?

It'd be a nice change to have topics of people pissed off about a late MM instead of late WOZ's

4 weeks later
#3310 9 years ago

I'd guess Sept, since rick said late Q2 they'd be shipping out.

#3312 9 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

Wouldn't late Q2 be June?

Thats what I tried looking into, not sure if all businesses follow the same calendar:

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/q/quarter.asp

1 week later
#3559 9 years ago

Its not too late to throw out both options and go with the traditional means.

#3689 9 years ago

I bet rick is wishing he never offered any options.

#3793 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That would never happen. He doesn't want to be responsible for someone putting something together wrong and damaging the machine or themselves. There's no way he could sell the product in pieces and offer a warranty. Not worth it for the 5 people who'd be interested.

Its still a fun idea.

3 weeks later
#3992 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Chicago Gaming will have a second open house for MMR to play and talk about MMR.
The Silver, Gold, and Shiny Black Trim will be there.
SAT 6/14 11AM-2PM CST
Chicago Gaming Company
4616 W. 19th St.
Cicero, IL 60804
enjoy,
[email protected]

All you can eat taco bar as well?

1 week later
#4058 9 years ago

Shouldn't there be games on the line at stern now? Rick said they'd start end of June!

2 weeks later
#4398 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I was a little disappointed that Jack wants immediate payment for the MMR. While I still want the pin, I was laboring under the assumption that during the past few weeks/months I still had the option of asking for my refund and cancelling my order. But I'm locked in now (or locked out if I don't hustle with the payment) without any warning.
Where did I go wrong thinking the 'official' lock-in date had yet to occur? I remember Rick saying they were locked in with Williams, but don't remember seeing anything that cautioned you the clock was ticking and you only had so many days to back out. Now, it seems if JJP doesn't get payment in full by July 11, you lose your $1,000 deposit and you no longer can get the game.
While it all works out the same for me in the end (I have to pay . . . I get the pin I asked for), I just didn't like this surprise. I expected some kind of 30 day notice or something to that effect.
Mike

So you're mad you're asked to pay for what you said you wanted? If you didn't want it 100%, don't commit to anything.

#4419 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Heard they got in a BUNCH of AFM parts.....hmmmmm

It'll be fun watching how he does repro #2, the pitchforks will be gathered if he tries asking $8k for an AFM.

#4463 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

In JJP's defense, I looked back at my sales confirmation after I sent the initial $1000. In the October 2013 email from Jack attaching the confirmation, he clearly states "this deposit is fully refundable up to the time of WMS approval."
Though it would have been nice to have gotten a 48 hour deadline email, doing so at the time probably would have cost Jack some sales. From a business perspective, I get it.

Oh snap, did someone just use real actual evidence to support a claim?

#4491 9 years ago

No production pics yet?

#4590 9 years ago
Quoted from Fuse:

Is anyone nuts enough to put it on location?

I'll be playing one on Location once LTG gets his.

#4698 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After paying the balance on MMr, there won't be any coins left to put through the coin door. Non issue IMO. Will it come with a power cord?

You don't remove the power cord and replace it with your own as well?

#4772 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Ok, so you will be selling coin mechs then. But still, you're charging your customers an additional amount that was not outlined in the beginning. It's the principle Rick. You pulled the rug out from underneath these owners and I think it should be made right. Just throw them in for free and call it a complete, fully functional commercial quality pin as advertised.

I'm sure next time you place an order with PPS, you could always round down. Its only a couple bucks and its the same concept, right?

#4789 9 years ago

Just donate the cost of 2000 coin mechs to a charity, that way everyone will feel warm and fuzzy inside and they will have help contribute

#4791 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Was that a snide remark?

No, find a good charity and let the pinball goodness of our hearts do something worthwhile.

2 weeks later
#5026 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I'm thinking it only makes sense to debut these at Expo considering that it was there they were announced one year earlier.

He should probably debut the first physical MM first before talking up AFM.

#5028 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Didn't they do that at TPF? And the open houses at Chicago Gaming?

Pre production ones don't count. I'm talking assembly line NIBs to be sent out

#5158 9 years ago

Just sell em at cost.

#5179 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I don't know why people aren't talking more about the game going into production... Last I checked Rick said the end of July... todays July 31st.

elephant-in-the-room.jpg 34 KB

It'll be a nice change to see the pitchforks pointed at someone other than JJP for once with late games.

#5328 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I agree . . . we just have to have patience. I feel if it is not done as a 'rush job' just to satisfy us, we stand to get a better built pin. But, I still want my coin mechs!

I'd like to see a production pic before sept.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordloss.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=lordloss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.