(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider littlecammi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#55 10 years ago

Could someone please tell me the name of an authorized MMR distributor in Illinois? I've always thought of MM as the best game I don't have, and I'm okay with the details on the proposed MMR standard model (without the shaker/gold trim/plaque it should look more like the original) now that they have stated that the extra clearcoat will be the same on LE and regular models.

#58 10 years ago

Could someone please tell me the name of an authorized MMR distributor in Illinois?
I'd like to pre-order a standard model, but I want to e able to pick it up (instead of having to have it shipped).

#89 10 years ago

Could someone please tell me the name of an authorized MMR distributor in Illinois?

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

If you live in IL you might want to find a distributor from a different state or you will have to pay taxes.

I'd rather pick it up (and avoid shipping charges and risk) and pay the taxes.
So, please, someone tell me if there is an authorized MMR distributor in Illinois?

2 weeks later
#1094 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I wonder how much this pin would have been if WOZ or Stern didn't create the new 8k price bracket.

There probably wouldn't even be a MMR if the others hadn't established an $8K pin market. Everyone (including PPS) knew there was a demand for a MM remake, but it wouldn't have been that profitable at a lower price.

#1120 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Will mirror blades work with the new machine?

If the location of the holes in the sides of the cabinet for the backbox pivot brackets is off just a little on the reproduction cabs then mirror blades won't line up.

1 month later
#1429 10 years ago

The announced MMRLE would come with gold trim but that anyone could opt for silver (stainless?) trim (to look more like the original) instead. I have chosen gold trim but will change to silver/stainless if the gold winds up being a non-shiny powdercoated finish. And I'd be just fine with that. PPS took orders based on those announced finishes and I'm sure they will follow through and offer those two options.

Only in threads here on Pinside did people start requesting additional alternative finishes. Rick at PPS could have immediately said no, that gold or silver were the only two choices. Instead he said that while they were determining which type of gold finish would be used, he would also look into if some kind of black finish was feasible. Whether a third finish option gets added or not, I think Rick has shown to be very responsive to people's questions and concerns.

#1510 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

I was wondering can you opt for a WMS translight for an upcharge and not get the PPS one? Or would you just have to buy it separate?

I'm pretty sure PPS can't ship any MMRs with WMS logos. But what you do after delivery is up to you.

My BBB says Capcom on it, but I still would have bought it if it said Illinois Pinball instead. It still would be BBB and logos don't affect gameplay. I'm fine with PPS logos on the MMRLE I have on order.

#1527 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Monster_Bash - you are crazy.

Quoted from 1967Firebird:

I hope I am, I would love MB.

Just to clarify, I believe Rick's post was to Monster Bash, not about Monster Bash.

1 month later
#2361 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I wish the word "retainer" was never created.

You're mean. If it hadn't been, then all the kids with crooked teeth would have to suffer.

#2385 10 years ago
Quoted from miggitymac:

Love that warm white candle glow! Nice choice!

Nah. Candles would be too "flickery" for me.

#2426 10 years ago

A company builds something for a customer. When the customer comes to see and approve it the process isn't just pass or fail. More often it is approved subject to a "punch" list of details that need to be either completed or improved upon before final shipment. In this case, I'm sure that Roger Sharpe has conditionally approved the MM prototype subject to PPS completing a small punch list.

2 weeks later
#2714 10 years ago

I have Illinois Pinball BBB number 16. Special numbers didn't cost anything extra, they were just available to whoever asked first for that specific number (although the first several numbers weren't available as they were reserved for Gene's family and close friends). I got number 16 because I got my deposit in fast. There was a mailing years later looking for people to preorder Capcom Kingpin that said BBB owners could be guaranteed the same number Kingpin as their BBB. Price on Kingpin was $7500 with 150 preorders needed in order to proceed. Production did not happen, so it doesn't look like they got the required 150. No wonder Rick at PPS didn't expect 1,000 MMrLEs at $8K each to sell out in a day at Expo.

#2736 10 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Don't have more than two models: one for a base/operator and one for a home user/collector.

Especially if the differences are more than just cosmetic (and more than an easily added shaker).

4 weeks later
#3068 10 years ago
Quoted from yotaxi125:

How much was the asking price on BBB?

Yes, Gene charged $4500 for the BBB pre-orders, with 50% deposit due immediately by registered check (no personal checks) and then four months later a letter sent requesting the balance be paid in full, including taxes. (It was more than 2-1/2 years later when we each got our game.) But to put the $4500 in perspective, there were no premiums or LEs back then and NIB games could be purchased for around $3500 (although not very many hobbyists were even buying NIB games then). $4500 was a grand more than any normal game at the time (pushing $5K including tax) and seemed like a lot. And don't forget that Gene lost money on every BBB he pre-sold ($1500 to $2800 per game depending on which report you believe.)

#3225 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Popeye would be epic.

You heard it here first, folks - Popeye Saves the World is the next remake by PPS!

3 weeks later
#3318 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

To be on track, the first production game needs to leave Chicago on or before June 30th.

And Whoa, Nellie (no relation to big mellons) if it doesn't.

#3367 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I'll warm up the speedo!

Too much information.

#3385 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Glad I live in So Cal.

Until the big quake hits. Then not so much.

1 week later
#3723 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

That is really good news about not having double sided tape. That makes it much easier to swap out the hardware. Can Rick confirm this here?

I'm pretty sure in the vid from TPF (31 posts above this on this page) the guy said there was tape on the rails but the tape did not touch the artwork, thereby allowing for rail removal without damaging cabinet side art. (Made me wonder where they position the tape?)

#3810 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Everyone thinks I have lost my mind with the amount of money I spend on pins.

I think we're all in that same looney bin.

3 weeks later
#3973 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I'm going for the gold.

Quoted from rosh:

An easy decision: original silver.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Shiny Black and very happy.

Three posters and three different choices. (Unless TaTa's post has nothing to do with color choices and he's telling us he's trying out for the Olympics.)

3 weeks later
#4256 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

The gold looks way better than I thought it would have. I would go gold!

Nine out of ten Olympic athletes recommend going for the gold. (The tenth has an inferiority complex.)

4 weeks later
#5076 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

This allows every used MMR to ever hit the market to be advertised as HUO.

They should qualify as HUO but only if they are still without coin mechs.

I can see it now: "You say this MMrLE has always been HUO, then why does it have coin mechs?"

1 week later
#5374 9 years ago

Okay. I just spent the last two hours looking at your "find all the differences in these three pictures" photos and I still can't pick out any variations between them. Where can I find a list of the answers?

#5393 9 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

After Mustang flopped Stern had a lot of production time open this summer.

Mustang flopped? You say that like you know actual production figures. People who don't like the theme seem to automatically claim it is a flop. It's a really good game if you're not prejudiced against it.

#5396 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

They only made 150 of the 500 LE's they could have due to poor sales. That's kind of a flop.

There is little reason to purchase a Mustang LE. The Boss premium has all the same gameplay features as an LE, has the same lighting as an LE (except for 8 flashers added in the LE backbox ) and features just performance model Mustangs. And Mustang pro seems to have sold okay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider littlecammi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.