(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hollywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1207 10 years ago

Just wait until I get mine if you want to talk taxes! 13% of 8k ($1040)......arrgghhh....my heart!
I can't wait to pay my government for doing nothing!

In sincerity, Thanks Rick for making this happen - I am super excited to be a part!!

#1221 10 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Does this include shipping?

No

#1241 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

grouping multiple games together to get some bulk shipping discount.

My HERO!

2 weeks later
#1286 10 years ago

When I preordered my MMRLE I didn't even see a pic of the game and the gold trim. I have to agree though that a powder coat gold will look awful for this game. Plating or stainless steel is the way to go…(I am probably opting for the Standard black trim anyway) - but for those in a panic - shiny is better.
Either way, thanks Rick and I can't wait to get my machine!

#1297 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Edit-That would be a good choice, if it was an actual option.

Sorry. I thought that was the option? If not, my bad!

Though, my vote really would be for that type of trim in the video by HOOKED! That looked sweet!!!

#1299 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It may not be, but you've done good, real good.

With?

#1368 10 years ago

Black Chrome me out! Ramps and all!!

#1388 10 years ago

I just look at the original.... It's the same right?

#1391 10 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

I see what you did there. Yeah, curious mind wants to know, or in this case, look.

Lol! I want to see what my 8k is getting too!

#1468 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Was told wholesale is $7500, Don't plan a big drop.

Quoted from rai:

I am curious if the 'msrp' price will be the selling price of the standards or subject to discounts or 'real selling price' like WoZ and Stern dealers prices.
If that's the case and say standards sell for $6995 + shipping this would punish early ordere unlike WoZ which gave a good discount for taking the risk of pre ordering

The LE and Standard are both 8K right?

#1472 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

that's bullshit ... i've seen no wave of dropouts and I have visibility to a large section of the orders ... somehow it's great here to extrapalate and make statements that you have no way to know if true, but as it's a free speech forum it's ok as it's fun to wish everyone to fail (end of rant). Anyways, despite all the expert opinions, we will produce the game, we will try to make the best game we can, and we will listen to our customers as much as we can.

Don't listen to the negative people, the majority I know wish you nothing but the best and all the success your work deserves.
My little boys and I are super stoked to be getting this pin next year!!! I cannot thank you enough!

#1659 10 years ago

Stern and others have lost the 8mil that went to MMRLE, there is no denying that. They haven't lost it yet, but when it comes time to pay in full, I know I'll be getting my MMRLE and not another Stern...money doesn't grow on trees in Canada (just maple syrup).
But, like others have said, maybe this will be an eye opener for Stern. Maybe they will be forced to up their game, finish codes and give us all the games worth our money.
I think what Rick is doing is great and I fully support his endeavors. Completion is good. It only benefits us all in the end......

#1673 10 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Sure there is.. MMR is the kind of thing that gets people to find money to spend on pinball they wouldn't spend. Plus, you have to include the entire used market in your "and others".. most money in this game is NOT NIB

Quoted from DeathHimself:

That's no guarantee, maybe these folks were saving for a MM all along and now pulled the plug on a more reasonable option or perhaps many these folks might have not purchased any newer machines at all with the current selection available.
I don't see it as 8 million lost I see it as 8 million more invested into our hobby, just because it didn't go to Stern or JJP doesn't mean the cash was lost. It simply means we now have another company that will supply additional options for us to choose.
It doesn't mean that Jack or Gary would have had that cash anyway, they weren't getting my 8K.

Maybe I misspoke? I know the money is not "lost" per se, but it is money Stern will not get, right? I agree that 8mil in our hobby, whomever it goes to is fantastic! I believe the hobby is growing drastically.
Personally, I wasn't saving for a MM all along, I was saving money to buy a game to be determined. It could have been a Stern, a Heighwey, Skit-B, JJP but it came down to getting the MM from Rick.
This venture didn't get me to spend money on pinball that I wouldn't normally spend. It gave me another game option to spend my money on.
The hobby is alive and well and lets keep the competition among suppliers!!!

#1693 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I wish all new machines had the flashers and GI based backbox lighting. Half of the fun with the machines is changing them over to LED in the backbox to add some color to the translites.
chris

Couldn't agree more. Interactive backbox lighting is great!!

#1699 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Just because someone buys a MMr does NOT mean they would have bought a Stern or any other brand pin, new or used.

It sure does in my case. Just saying….

#1730 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

And thanks again Rick for making this game available to the rest of us in this hobby. We are no longer at the mercy of people with "special interests" ripping us off.

Yes; thank you Rick.
Who is Teekee…never heard of him?

Bring on the MMR mods!!

#1851 10 years ago

I don't even see any problems…..I'm super excited to get my MMRLE! I trust Rick will do everything necessary!

#1867 10 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

I do have to ask.. for the people who aren't invested in the project, why does it matter to you how the game is made?

+1.
In the immortal words of Nancy Kerrigan "whyyyyyyy"?

2 weeks later
#1980 10 years ago

Thanks for the post Ben. I don't know what any of this means but I am excited to be in on the MMR LE!!

#2022 10 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

This may have been brought up before, but MM should have always been a widebody machine. Why not consider doing a truly limited widebody version with a slightly redesigned playfield, maybe extra targets or just more openess?

Rick is not allowed to do this. The design and gameplay has to match the original almost exactly for Williams to sign off on his project. Not a bad idea though!

1 week later
#2133 10 years ago

Rick- I don't care original vs new vs opinions. It's your project, LEDs, new boards, improved sound....I will never voice a preference. Either way, I am excited to be getting this game the way YOU intend it to be. Myself and my two little boys who are obsessed with knights and castles are enthralled to be getting this game. Either way, it's an improvement in our game room!!
Thanks for doing this. I can't wait!

#2197 10 years ago

I didn't even know there was an RGP! I spend all of my time here, I wouldn't have time to go there as well!

1 month later
#2682 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

My vote, for what it's worth, is to just stop with the LE nonsense and offer awesome remakes to everyone. I understand why it made sense with MMr, but now that the model is proven and people obviously are interested and will put money down just make them all great and equal.
You could still sell upgrades, like optical glass or whatever.
I'll be honest though, if you keep $8k as your pricepoint for all future remakes you can ignore my voice, because I just can't justify that much for an old pin, no matter how nicely redone. If MM was the high priced entry, and the rest are operating on Stern Premium prices then that's a different story.

Quoted from tdunbar:

@PPS
I have a MMR LE on order and just IMO if another remake was being considered being made why would you limit the amount of pins sold. Seems like if there is a demand why not make as many that are preordered. Limiting the next remake to those that just bought a MMR seems unfair because that person that did not order a MMR may have a MM already but wants the Big Bang Bar pin that you are maybe making next. (wink) I can see not making like 3,000 of a remake but if you take preorders take them all and put jobs out there for people that need work and put pins out that so everyone can buy them and hopefully at a better price, and if you make more seems like the price could come down. THANKS FOR ASKING

These quotes IMO hit the nail on the head. I too am in on the MMR LE, but really hate the LE nonsense. I'm on this LE list simply because I got my money in fast. I knew I wanted a MM and this became my way to get one.
I collect for fun, and love this hobby. I would love to see everyone get the same pin to enjoy. It almost seems like LE's create a divide in the hobby.
Though I must say Rick, it is great of you to offer a loyalty reward. You will have my future business, LE or no LE!

#2779 10 years ago

All I know is that I hope Rick gives me plenty of time between his releases to save up my money! I want all of these suggested remakes!!

#2784 10 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

5th it.....its a great product that should come on all new games now imo. All 8 of my games have one. Keeps the wife off my back for late night flipping.

I can hide the music but I can't hide the sound of the coils firing! I think my wife would rather hear the music than all of the coils and flippers firing.

2 weeks later
#2911 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I think people who put cliffys all over brand new games are nuts, mantis is different. cliffys are for saving games that are already wearing and you don't have much choice IMHO.

I love the Cliffy! All of my games have them even my NIB METLE and ACDC. Until this thread I didn't even know about a Mantis Protector?! They seem cool but no where near the options Cliff has.

1 month later
#3539 9 years ago

Gloss black with a a legal document absolving PPS of any future damages!

#3657 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

1. Solid gold
2. Nickel black
3. Solid brass
4. None of the above

God I hate Nickelback…...

2 weeks later
#3875 9 years ago

We need Rick to get this thread back on track!!! Looking forward to my MMRLE!!

1 week later
#3944 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I believe Stern could hit three homeruns in a row if they would make Zeppelin, Walking Dead, and Iron Maiden. I hope they get that.

Totally agree with Zep and Maiden…seems the aging pinsiders (myself included) love the music themes of our youth. As for TWD…sure it will sell, but I think they really missed the big "rush" on that title. Just my opinion, but I think that they needed to get ahead of the curve on that one.

#3948 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

For the record, I would only be interested in Zeppelin for purchase, but there are plenty of people that want the three and I think they could all be fun which is the name of the game.

For sure. They are ALL fun!!
Just think that bands have a sort of nostalgia (transcending even the pin community), and staying power.

#3988 9 years ago

Have to go with the shiny black for mine as well….thanks Rick!

2 weeks later
#4170 9 years ago

Black for this guy for sure! Medieval times to me is all about darkness….dirt….unless you were royalty, which in that case riches, golden crowns….UH OH!! Maybe gold now!! What to do, what to do!
Thanks Rick!

#4230 9 years ago

Thanks Rick for you consistent communication.
Really, at the end of the day, trim colour is the least of my worries. I have my preference, but I support what you are doing and I would take whatever trim you decide to give me - as long as it is black!
Keep up the great work!

#4265 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

How terrible to have long threads talking about your product. If anything I bet Coca Cola is now considering offering multiple can colors to generate buzz about their product : )

Actually, they just released their Coke (life I believe) in test markets. The can is green!!! Looks strange, but you're not far off!

#4312 9 years ago

I tried SB...no dice.
I have an MMRLE on order from JJP...still haven't received any email requesting payment??

#4359 9 years ago

I am trying to get JJP to include my game with the shipping to Toronto/SB. Hoping this may help me out in the long run!!

#4565 9 years ago

Just sent my check to Jack. Chose the black...
IT'S MADNESS I TELL YOU!!

#4576 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Who out there would like the Black Trim to be run first?

It is alphabetically first…..

#4584 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

A question came up about coin mechs (not the ability to accept them), but I've not really addressed this as it is intermingled with the mfg. In any event, the MMR will not ship with any coin mechs - really for a few reasons and not necessarily in order of importance, etc a) many games are HUO, b) several different mechs depending on geography, c) mfg options kept to a bare minimum, d) depending on where you are there may be need for fancy multi-currency comparator or other variations (tokens, etc). The games are std 2-slot wms style doors that can accept 2 coin mechs as well as DBA. Sorry, but this was not something I had even thought to ask Chicago Gaming until recently, but it is what it is. There was a discussion about using a 1-slot vs 2-slot door, but we are using 2-slot door ...
[email protected]

Rick, what colour are the reject buttons and what denomination inserts will be inside?

#4604 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

And a mech is like $12....

$20.00 in Canada, and I have to buy 2!

#4608 9 years ago

Remember all the perks for the LE buyers….

#4610 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Everyone says AFM would sell well, but if MMR is having this much flack you think AFM would take as well as you'd think? MM is hella more expensive than $8k before it was announced while AFM was what, 6-8? I love afm, but I still can see the same crap happening.

I think it will sell…not at the MMRLE price, but I believe there is enough demand for that title. I think Rick has "learned" a lot from this initial release. I think he will simplify it by putting out what he wants (i.e.. trim) and going from there. Having the opportunity to own NIB otherwise unattainable machines speaks for itself.

#4612 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

A pinball machine is not a real one unless it has the ability to have coins slugged in it and 'registering'!!! I think for the money we are paying, the pin should come as a 'real pin', complete with coin mech. If the company wants to save money, then maybe give us an option. You want it or do you not? And at no extra cost. This disappointed me.
One man's opinion. . . .

I do agree. Maybe they are a secret LE perk?

#4652 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

For me the missing coin mech issue is no big deal.
I'd probably have to change them out to accept Canadian Quarters anyways.

My METLE and ACDC came with mechs that accept our Canadian currency...can't be thought tough an issue to resolve....these are being built at Stern after all right?? They already have the logistics and ability to put them in according to region. Just a little puzzling to me...

#4715 9 years ago

It truly isn't that big of issue and definitely not a deal breaker by any means. I am paid in full (chose black) but I would be lying if it wasn't a tad disappointing. Reality is, it does appear to be a "cheap" way out. Like I said, the excuse over confusion of countries, coins, bills etc doesn't really fly once it was announced that Stern was building the MMR's. Stern was quite capable of figuring out what coin mechs to put in my Canadian games. Some of us are extremely anal and we spend a ton of time and $$ restoring older games. We like our machines to look and play perfect. To spend 8k (almost 9K Canadian) and to have a not complete overall package out-of-the-box is pretty frustrating.

#4747 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Hmmmmm.... all of my NIB Sterns have come with a tournament button

I thought that was just for decoration…...

#4797 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

We sure are a whiny group.
On a somewhat non-whiny subject I picked up some of the glare resistant glass Rick made available for a discounted price at BBA open house and have to say I am impressed. Did have a different coating then the other glass out there but was very happy with how it looks while up and playing. I'm glad I picked it up.

Yes we are.

I opted out of the glare resistant glass they were offering to the buyers of the MMRLE. I have never seen any of the invisiglass, or other versions in person. I hear it is pretty amazing.... I read on pinside that if your games are played in a generically dark room, the glass doesn't really have any benefits. Is that true?

#4799 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

When I buy a pin, I expect it to be complete. One of my favorite feelings was buying a pin for home that is theoretically an item that you have to play in public and push quarters through it. I have 'memories' as a kid of having that same thrill in my home.

I'm damned near 70 years old . . . I guess I'm hard-headed and like to stick to my guns.

I get it, and I agree with you, magical childhood memories are worth holding on to....however, whether or not people agree or disagree with your opinions, doesn't really matter in the long run. HOW they respond is all that matters. I have always been brought up to respect my elders (I am 37). My dad passed away at 70 and I would have never dreamed of talking to him the way you have been reproached in this thread. I hope I have the same enthusiasm for pins at 70 as I do now. I love the fact this hobby is so nostalgic/coveted/special across generations and to people from all walks of life. Stick to your guns, 70 years; I believe sir that you have earned that right to have an opinion that is not attacked by others - as long as it is the same as theirs .

1 week later
#4905 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I would buy a set if you sell them

Should have just ordered the black trim package…..

(only kidding)

1 week later
#5000 9 years ago

Let's get this thread back on track! Thank you Rick for everything! Keep the updates coming (when you have them)! I have paid JJP in full and cannot wait to get this home for my 4 year old son - even though he thinks it is called
"My Evil Madness".....maybe he knows more about this hobby/game than I give him credit for?

#5062 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

ok i know this is both anal and off topic, but this is the fourth time in the last week i've seen this phrase on Pinside and all four times the poster has incorrectly used "principal" when they meant "principle". i try not to be a grammar nazi, but this case seems to be a spreading epidemic.
and now back to your regularly scheduled program...

Maybe his kids school is getting one….you never know!

#5182 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Why don't you guys create a separate "were enraged over the no coin mechs" so the discussion here can remain about updates and other things regarding MMR. You've all stated your frustration here over and over and over we get it. I think it's time to give it a rest in this thread from this point forward and if you want a different topic to discuss this already tired subject you all are welcome to do that.

Why?
We all know coin mechs are not coming. We all know we wouldn't have cancelled our orders based on this info. This is an MMRLE thread, and to some, buyers or no buyers (I am a buyer), this may be an important issue to work through. I don't like the complaining, yet I do have complaints also. I think it is ok to air complaints on a public forum in THE most popular MMRLE thread.
I love Rick for making this game, never underestimate that. But to hear many say things such as an $10 coin mech doesn't matter't in an 8K machine, or lets include standard US coin mechs in games and others can swap them out is ludicrous.
I live in Canada. Our coin mechs are $20/mech ($40…not terrible) but still costs. Our machine with money conversion and import/taxes comes to almost 10k. I'm sorry if that is a drop in the hat for you…to me, it is pretty significant. If I come to this forum to air my displeasure, so be it. I will read others posts, positive or negative and let myself take from it what I will.
I understand both sides…..

#5186 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

This is the best response EVER and sums it all up very succinctly!!!
Rick, I don't know you . . . you may be one of the grandest guys in the world, but this one issue of the coin mechs and how trivial you think it is, has set the tone for my future buying.
I bought a coin operated machine COMPLETE. While others are salivating over the trim, I could care less and would have been happy with whatever you chose and sent me a complete pin that we can slug coins in. I still think this is now NOT a complete pin. And I never expected leaving out the coin mechs in all my wildest dreams. It speaks volumes . . . enough that it has already soured my feelings about buying this pin and I will never forget all the vitriol from you and others about us crybabies who voiced our disagreement about it. Enough where I will never buy another pin from you no matter how tempting the title is.
I have been cussed and discussed, attacked and insulted over this issue on this forum to the point I will forever look at my MMr and have bitter memories over all these exchanges. You seem to have a very shallow and stubborn mind when it comes to trying to see what your customers are saying. I am your ideal customer. I have the desire and money to continue buying.
Since you and everyone else keep saying these thing are so cheap you can just buy them yourself, you could have easily tossed one inside the cabinet after seeing all the discussion BECAUSE probably 90% of these pins were sold stateside and you would have pleased a HUGE majority.
Your last insulting post took me over the top. I see who you are and I'm "ONE and DONE"! I am finished buying from PPS.

Whoa Mike!!
I understand your frustration. I have been on your side many times (you know that).
This may be a tad over the top. I agree, as I stated above with your frustration. It does leave a bitter feeling. But let's wait and see what the game actually offers before we think about never buying from PPS again. I am frustrated, but I for one sure hope he continues to remake the classics. This is the only way I will have a chance to own some of these seemingly rare titles at a "somewhat" affordable price.
I don't want to do ANYTHING to discourage Rick from doing what he is doing. We all make mistakes. It may be important to see how this is rectified in the future before we threaten an all-out boycott!!

#5198 9 years ago

It's the shipping of those discounted mechs to Canada that will be tough to swallow.

#5211 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Are people buying mods for their MMR yet? Tempted to order some but not sure if I would have compatibility issues. Really like the look of the lighting additions you can get for the castle and trolls.

Where are those mods sold?? I keep searching….but I may wait until I know they will all fit (i.e. Mantis)

#5310 9 years ago

Uh oh.....what colour is that trim at 3:20+????

Just messing.
I chose black, paid in full, let me play this sucker!

Post edited by hollywood: Wasn't trying to rehash! Just excited!

#5314 9 years ago
Quoted from tdunbar:

I wonder if this week is the start of production week for MMR LE at Stern and strange that we never seem to know when? All we seem to here is the trifle on coin mechs and not much else on production dates or status of when thesae might start rolling of the line!

What?? There is something "amiss" over coin mechs?

I know that JJP finally cashed my check this past week....I would love an update on production! Not that it really matters, I know it will get here eventually! Saying that...keep me in the loop!!!
Thanks again Rick and PPS!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hollywood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=hollywood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.