(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hitch9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from TwistedPins:

Actually we have a ton of Mormons here in Idaho and not too far behind Utah.

Yup, and my son is one of them. He's going to BYU in Rexburg. I love that state. Potatoes and all.

#233 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Will a small bag of Jelly Belly candies ship with both the LE and standard?

Lol, now that was funny....but hey, why not!?

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I think at least you would get the 1 pound bag.

Hey, now you're onto something. Somebody was saying weight should be added to the game, because the boards are lighter, to keep the game play the same.
Problem solved...jelly belly ballast!

3 weeks later
#1197 10 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

That's a crappy double whammy. Shipping due to home location in CA and tax due to PPS having a presence in the state. That sucks!
In other news, if I pick up parts to the game unassembled, then put it together in Canada, am I charged import tax if I put "gift" on the bill of lading? This is all just theoretical but I also I heard you can get prescription drugs on the cheap up there and most things are made of ice. Also they have wacky mayors.

Well you got the wacky mayor part right. Prescription drugs were cheaper. I think some new trade deal with Europe is going to stop that.
The other idea about importing it is a little wacky. Come up here. You can run for mayor!

4 months later
#3267 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Yep, 3 days too late for that joke Rick

Actually I think Rick has been working too hard! Go have a beer Rick!

3 weeks later
#3401 9 years ago

Umm, seems like you brought a politician into the conversation. Set the example bud?

#3505 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I will see about getting a gloss black version to see how that is.
rick

Wow, great support Rick. Thanks for listening, (within reason of course). I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about the gloss black.

2 weeks later
#3883 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Should activate when trolls are started and after each troll is hit or active.

Hey, that could be cool. I would suspect that if it went off when you hit a troll, it actually changes a bit of the game play, as the shaking may alter the ball a little. Could make the game a little interesting. Maybe there will be a game option to turn it off, to replicate standard play, or on for 'new' play. Hmmm...

1 week later
#3917 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't think we'll see a game ship before June 30th (the promise). But, to me, the even bigger more important promise is everyone having their game this year.
I'm hoping the line starts up by the end of July and everyone has their games at the end of August. I'm hoping at worst, everyone has a game by October 1st, which would be killing his estimate of this year.

Well, from what I have been reading here the max capacity of Stern is 70 games a day. That is 350 per week. 4 weeks in August= 1400. I have my doubts that can be done however, and the actual production will be much less, because it is dependent on all cylinders firing, and it depends on different suppliers and a different game than Stern is pumping out now. My guess...maybe 35 a day max, but that is just an uneducated guess. Too many factors to determine. I would think everyone will have it way before Christmas.

#3920 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I've been told the capacity is 200 games/wk. This is from someone who is usually right.

That sounds plausible. I'm only going from what I read on Pinside. It will be interesting to see what happens when Stern moves, and if it changes the ability to increase game production. Even if they produce 100 a week they will have production of the MMLEs done before Christmas, which is great. Start in August and have 1500 done by Mid November.

1 week later
#3998 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

What colour trim MMr gets is all that matters It has to match the colour of the curtains in the room

Happy wife...happy life.

#4018 9 years ago

Nice picture Rick. Thanks. This has me rethinking my gold preference. Is there a similar photo with the gold trim?

1 week later
#4109 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

A couple of parts come I not to spec so that is a headaches swell as UL/FCC testing (wait until the boutiqueguys have to gothruthis!) is like a govt run agency ... Lol
Rick

After hearing about JJP going through the UL/FCC testing, I wondered how the boutique pin mfrs were going to do that. No testing- no certification = opening a company up to litigation if a house burns down. Yikes. A necessary evil.
Looks like maybe a few delays?

#4112 9 years ago

It's awful quiet right now regarding the PPS MMr.
Kind of eerie. Maybe that's the quiet before the storm.

#4128 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What the hell are you talking about?
PPS has been the loudest of any pin manufacturer ever, with the most updates and even open houses to look at the goods.

Relax. I just hadn't seen anything in a couple of days. You guys are way too sensitive and reading into this way too much. This is not a negative post. I'm just excited to hear news is all. I'm buying a MMr.
Geeesh, everybody around here is way to negative, so everyone assumes the worst when they read a post. It's all good guys.
How about this ...Go Rick Go!
Have a great weekend everyone!

#4136 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

Pics or it ain't happening. Except maybe 1000+ pins appearing all of a sudden thru quantum tunneling.

Yup, the analogy of the storm, is the trucks bringing a column of pins to happy customers...soon.
Great times for sure.

#4137 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I just think it struck people as funny that you posted that directly following a recent post by the manufacturer himself!

Yeah, a day and a half earlier. Guess I was fishing, but I landed a shark!
I can't help but think, if you read between the lines, that there will be a post by Rick, say in a few weeks (I can hope can't I?) that the assembly has started. This is assuming of course that all the testing and parts logistics problems are resolved.

It will certainly be a very reasonable wait, from first deposit to delivery. They have certainly executed this well so far.

#4159 9 years ago

Well, if Rick pulls this off, (which I believe he will), he will have shown he is a very skilled and talented businessman. Buying up IPD assets, remaking games.....awesome for the future of pinball. I can support a guy like that. Looking forward to Monday.

#4316 9 years ago
Quoted from Fuse:

Anyone from canada been contacted from starburst yet?

I contacted Adam at Starburst. If I hear from him tomorrow I'll report back here.

#4348 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I just got an email from Starburst to choose my trim colour for MMRLE, I chose Gold.

I got the same email. I chose gold as well.

1 week later
#4687 9 years ago

The reality is, I will end up putting coin mechanisms in even though I won't be using it in the machine. I hope I have a few sitting around at home or I'll be buying them. Not a deal breaker, but kind of surprising.

#4688 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

If someone wants coin mechs for their MMR they can have my original HUO ones for FREE as long as you pay the shipping
245114-i.jpg 44 KB

I may take you up on that offer, if I can't find any in my basement. I'm local too.

#4697 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Done and you are welcome to come by to pick them up, play and hang out any day of the weeknight after 9pm once I put my daughter to bed or weekends too.

Wow, kind offer. I've pm'd you.

#4825 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Poor Rick……..

And how. I picture Rick banging his head against the wall.......and not stopping.

1 week later
#4935 9 years ago

Well, I have a friend with a WOZ and I have one too. We both have factory settings, but my voltage at my house is different than his house. His WOZ plays snappy, and mine is kinda lame. The beauty part is, I can adjust the flipper coils on my WOZ to make it snappier. Problem solved.
This sounds like the same thing. I'm grateful I can adjust my MMr to compensate for poor power at my circuit.
This whole topic of lousy flippers is getting ridiculous. Set it to what you like. In my opinion it's better than the old Bally Williams with no adjustment.

#4987 9 years ago

I think as soon as we hear the pins are on the assembly line, and a few get delivered, this is going to scream past 200 pages in a heartbeat.

#4997 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Seriously what is the point of all of this. Are you guys trying to piss RIck off into not posting here? Its really not funny, sure this thread is 100 pages but its 90 pages of worthless nonsense.

Kids these days...They can't ooooh and aaaah about the new machine. Until these pins get delivered and every body can focus on the positive things, they have to find something to do. Pinside. It's one crazy place. I think Rick figured out that half of us are crazy and the other half are just past the age where we jump into the second childhood. I'm not telling you which category I am in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hitch9.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=hitch9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.