(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hardware.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#845 10 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Got my confirmation on MMr LE!!

When did you place your order?

2 weeks later
#1166 10 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Is Q4 2014 the projected date for the LEs or the standards? I believe the LEs will ship in mid-2014 correct?

Q2 2014 for LE
Q4 2014 for STD

2 weeks later
#1372 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rustyballs ... obviously you are not following ... we are evaluating the different finishes - I bet you would be out if the finish scratched easily as well or the golds didn't match, or, or, or. So, the alternative you list is so way out of whack let's see: If the gold was not to someones liking they could a) switch to silver, b) put their own plated items on (as they are same as original), c) live with it, or d) not buy the game and then spend way more to get way less on an original mm - so I have a hard time with the people that go to d) option right away ... this kamikaze stuff ... oy.

Seriously it's ridiculous that someone would cancel just because they don't like the trim finish, but I'm sure it will happen. You'd think they'd at least go with standard hardware which is exactly what I will do if I'm not happy with the other options.

#1377 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Is there any update to when WMS will approve the project? Apologize if I missed the news elsewhere in this thread.

There is no update. Originally expected before Jan 1st 2014.

#1530 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Will we know what the final trim will be on the LE and what the final over all product will look like (pics, videos) before our deposits become final. I think that would be only fair.

You deserve an answer from Rick no doubt but are you seriously saying you will cancel you preorder instead taking taking MMR with standard trim?

1 month later
#2242 10 years ago

Any LED that gives off a blue hue I'd consider to be a cool white bulb. That simply wouldn't make sense on MMR.

The original MM or what I imagine some people are calling MM unfake had bulbs that were in the 2700k-3000k range.

I simply don't see PPS making that big of a change that the GI is now bluish.

At the worst I'd say maybe pure white instead of yellow/white like we elect.

$8,000 is a lot of money for a machine. I never spent that much on any other so for sure I'm going to be picky.

In reality Rick made it clear that such details would be confirmed before the deposit becomes not refundable.

I don't know why some people are so worried about the details right now?

If you are not happy with the final choices you will be able to cancel without losing anything.

#2301 10 years ago

Congrats! Hard to believe things are going so smoothly, but not complaints here. : )

1 week later
#2387 10 years ago

Is this project technically further than's Wayne's ever gotten to?

I'm preordered on this one, but wasn't part of the Wayne preorder.

I think it's interesting if this is the furthest a W/B machine repro has ever gotten to.

#2392 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wayne got nowhere. Made a chip and some trolls.
Rick's got a working prototype that Roger Sharpe has approved of.

Thx, I was expecting this to be the case, just wasn't sure.

#2445 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

sure ... I'll tell you what game I would do next hypothetically ...

I just got off the phone with Rick and to my surprise the next title is Viper night drivin.

#2549 10 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Nice, looking better all the time. Just wondering if anyone knows what Q2 2014 officially means? Does that mean June, July, August? Just trying to figure out when to maybe expect the games to ship.

Quarter 2 is April, May, June. Where did you get July and August?

#2555 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Sorry, another update ... Electronics warranty (replace) extended to 1 year (from 1/2 year) - due to confidence in the platform from Chicago Gaming, as well as to help alleviate anyone's stress about it ...
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-update-again-2814-electronics-warranty-now-1-year/
[email protected]

This is a pretty huge change, hopefully people will appreciate this. I know I do. Keep up the good work.

1 week later
#2642 10 years ago
Quoted from yotaxi125:

Anyone else hungry?

I want a trollburger.

#2691 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

i don't get it either ... bu

I'm in the same camp, but those special numbers seem to be important, but they are a real pain to administer and then can't wait for any number/ship mixups ... that will be wonderful if that occurs.

I requested this as a perk in the thread about "is it time for PPS to announce game #2?

I figured it was a doable suggestion. If I end up having 5 PPS LE machines aside of each other I figured it would be nice for the plaques to have matching numbers. I personally don't care if serial #'s match. Is it even possible for 2 different products to have the same serial #?

I never spent near $8,000 on a pin, but if the next titles are the right ones I'll continue buying.

I own AFM and couldn't justify $8k on a remake so I might be out on round 2 anyway, lol.

MB would be a smart choice for #2 in my opinion. It would sell just as well as MM.

AFM is too similar so it might not sell as well so soon after MMR.

Buyers from MMR LE get first crack at the same plaque # for game #2 and if they decline then owner of PPS #2 will have first crack at same # for PPS #3. Seems simple enough.

If the LE version goes away for good I wouldn't mind either.

There are not many titles worth $8k so it might come down to doing future LE's at $8k, STD at $6-$7k.

Quoted from hardware:

I didn't choose to reserve a specific # for MMRLE, but I'm sure I'll also be buying whatever the next title is. A nice perk would be giving repeat customers the same # from MMRLE on title 2 at no cost. Our personal info would already be in the billing system so it hopefully would be fairly simple to do this.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2778 10 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Wasn't it agreed that MB would be impossible due to the Universal licenses that would also be needed?

Rick posted here that he already has existing license agreements with universal. I think it was the thread about PPS's next title. I know I read it with my own eyes.

Sorry, I didn't notice there is a page 56, this was answered multiple times.

#2813 10 years ago

I might have made a mistake. I bet a friend $8500 that MMRLE would not ship until July 1st 2014 or later. Originally thought it was a win/ win for me as I'd have a free MMRLE or if Rick proves me wrong I'll be happy to have the pin QTR2. Now I just realized if shipping in QTR2 happens I won't have the money to pay for the pin. Ugh, no wonder I never gamble.

3 weeks later
#3117 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wonder why.

It says on pinball news that they were designed to ignore the ball going SDTM. Not sure if this answers what you are asking though.

#3219 9 years ago
Quoted from yotaxi125:

yeah castle parts maybe. hardware though, not so much. it ain't hard.

Don't get it twisted, I am not available.

1 month later
#3563 9 years ago

I have now clicked ignore on a third person in this thread. This has to be a record. 3 people in one thread. I sort of feel terrible after doing it but feel relieved once I realize others then reply to this same person basically telling them to keep their mouth shut. I never used the ignore option until this thread. All 3 people are obviously not in on the preorder. Just here to bring us supporters down for some reason.

2 months later
#4800 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Yes we are.
I opted out of the glare resistant glass they were offering to the buyers of the MMRLE. I have never seen any of the invisiglass, or other versions in person. I hear it is pretty amazing.... I read on pinside that if your games are played in a generically dark room, the glass doesn't really have any benefits. Is that true?

I can tell you I purchased the PDI glass a few years back. Put it on a CV and felt it was cool, but not worth the purchase by a long shot. The bright back box on CV shows up on the PDI glass because of the huge clear "channel" for the cannonball. I later put it on an AFM where the results were improved, but again I still couldn't justify the cost.

Now it's sitting on a WH2O with a clear coated play field and I have to say I'd probably use the word "amazing" to describe the clarity. A few weeks ago one of my cats got on top of AFM (not normal, but I had a chair too close to my pins) and when I yelled at her to get down she tried to jump from AFM to WH20, but when she jumped she attempted to land on the side rail of WH20 slipped off and fell between WH2O and AFM. Both machines are directly aside of each other. Siderail to siderail is 7.5 inches which is not even a jump for a cat. I was first confused how this happened and then realized she didn't know there was glass on WH2O. LOL This is a true story.

IMHO I still cannot say it was worth the $360 I paid for it. $150 might be a decent price point, I have no clue what price Rick was offering for his version.

#4869 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

An ETA would be nice, if possible.

Sometime in the future I'm sure.

#4906 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The hinges are black, as are alot of other components on the game, hinges have never been considered 'trim' and it has never been mentioned that they would be colored to match, which they will not.
Maybe a market for gold aftermarket hinge kits ...
rick

Perfect! I have a machine with chromed lockdown, side rails, hinges (bought it like that) and wish the hinges were just black. I wouldn't want gold hinges as I think it would look stupid.

1 week later
#5166 9 years ago

I'd be willing to bet the lack of a coin mech bothers more people than some think. Some people don't like to mix it up on forums. I stayed quiet up until now and figured it was worth posting my opinion. We were told the deposit was "locked in" and 5 hours later we were then told there would not be coin mechs included. That put a bad taste in my mouth. Up until that point everything PPS has done in my opinion was nothing short of amazing, but was then ruined with that announcement. I'm dumb enough to cancel my preorder (if I could) over such a small thing, but I keep telling myself it's going to be a lot easier to add the mech versus getting trim powder-coated, adding a shaker, and whatever other LE perks you might like. In the grand scheme of things if this is the only "hiccup" I'm not going to have a problem with it. I believe the decision on the coin mechs was solidified before the deposit became locked so it's a shame we weren't told when it happened. Just my opinion. Maybe the decision truly was made right before it was announced.

#5220 9 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The truth is that 1000 people are just super fortunate that Rick is producing a game that 1 year ago was at least $12k to $13k for a decent restored one and $11k at a minimum. He's basically saved you $5k over what you would have had to spend to get your dream game.

The actual truth is that Rick is super fortunate that there are 1,000 people willing to spend $8,000 on this machine. He's not doing favors for anyone, he's getting paid. The most I ever spent on a machine before now was $5,700. I'm going out of my comfort zone for MMRLE partially to support this project so it's a success and they keep making other titles for others to enjoy. It's obvious these machines won't be a good "investment" as they will keep making them til demand is gone. He didn't save me $5,000 as I'd never spend $13,000 on a machine. I'm sorry but I get a bit worked up when people say things like "you should be grateful that Rick is even doing this" LOL

#5221 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Are people buying mods for their MMR yet? Tempted to order some but not sure if I would have compatibility issues. Really like the look of the lighting additions you can get for the castle and trolls.

NO. If anything I'll remove parts to sell to help pay my mortgage. This is why having a coin mech would be good. It would be another part to sell.

#5270 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Firstly Rick thanks for remaking the game !! Forgetting about all of this coin mech garbage talk... I'm focused on the bigger picture. What's the actual projected date as to when it's going on Sterns Line ?! You initially said June/July.. then end of July,... July is officially over. It's now August. I understand you said that some things can slow down production, how did the UL testing go ? If you can please give us all more info as to a more accurate projected date as to when this is going to happen ? I'm not in any rush but Ideally I'd like to have an idea as to when.
Side note Monster Bash, Attack from Mars, Cactus Canyon, Big Bang Bar, Theatre of Magic, King Pin .... What's the next REMAKE title from PPS ? You also said buyers of MMRLE would have some type of special once you make your next announcement any chance of shedding more light on that ? Do you plan on keeping the price point at 8k for the next game ?!

This post is amazing. You're focused on quite a few pictures it seems. Lol

#5272 9 years ago

Fair enough Rick. Thanks for keeping your head up.

1 week later
#5410 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Or those wanting to know why if PPS thinks so few will be impacted by lack of coin mechs, why they don't just ship them free to those that want them.
Or those that ask a question he doesn't want to answer.
(Or, in other words, you have nailed the reason I started this thread - poor (or selective) communication).

A) You didn't start this thread

B) I'm honestly considering starting another thread asking "who wants coin mechs in their MMRLE's?". I will personally purchase them at the discounted rate and mail them to those individuals at my own expense.

I was very upset about the coin mech announcement at first (the timing of how it was handled to be precise), but I chose to move on. Now you are just a thorn in my side while I'm trying to experience this first time experience of purchasing a machine NIB.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 85.00
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hardware.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=hardware and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.