(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dhalem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1817 10 years ago

I don't understand people lamenting the new electronics. Who seriously wants 15-20 year old electronics(remember, most of the boards in MM were developed a couple years before the game)? Try and remember what computers and cell phones were like back then. Does anyone want to go back to one of these:
dkmb86g_479d4jjqng4_b.jpgdkmb86g_479d4jjqng4_b.jpg

#1824 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Eric ... being a software guy I would assume you would know and understand the process, and I wonder how you do or would react to similar criticism for CCC and that you would not do that as you would know how things work ... so I just had more expectations from you given your background ... double shrug

As a software guy, I have seen plenty of releases come with a 'known issues' document so that people don't freak out when they encounter one. That's what Eric is suggesting here.

#1839 10 years ago

Funny that someone who is so derisive of open source is using an open source board and OS in this...

1 month later
#2376 10 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

If I had the time I could copy/paste MANY quotes from MMr folks on this very thread that would infer they are not concerned about build quality or any of other potentially negative aspects of this final product, they just want them to start being built. So my crack on them is well founded and I stand by it.
If you care to point out where I have insulted Rick I will happily apologize to him.

I just wish you could use the word 'infer' correctly.

3 months later
#3953 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You must have missed the part about his son working for Stern.

Not to be a jerk, but how do you know that is true?

3 weeks later
#4126 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why would the standard ever be more valuable? It will have fewer features and while there will be less of them, PPS has made clear they may do additional runs of standards in the future if there's enough demand. I simply cannot imagine anyone paying more for a "rarer" machine that's only distinction is lacking a shaker motor and fancy trim.

Is anyone else looking forward to the end of 'pin rarity == value' and 'remakes ruin the hobby' discussions? These are toys, people.

#4142 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

For home owners ... YES
For operators ...NO
Operators don't buy pins as "toys" They invest their money in buying a pin to make more money, else they would leave them on free play out on site ?
I see "toys" as disposable ... not many people on here are giving or throwing away their "toys" when they are finished with them... everyone wants as much $$$$ back when it comes time to sell

But operators buy them as a depreciating asset anyway, the same way any commercial machinery should be viewed. They extract value from it via use.

#4144 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

True... but our operators over here still want top dollar when it comes time to sell... eg Iron Man, was 7k NIB here 4 tears ago.... 4 years out on site, now for sale at....$6995 lol

At least in the US, you depreciate an asset like this against your taxes. So at the end it has zero value. I've heard that's why a lot of pins were destroyed in the 90s, but this could just be legend.

1 week later
#4456 9 years ago

Yup, mine went to spam too. Wonder why.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dhalem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=dhalem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.