(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#7 10 years ago

Rick,

When possible can you please make another post in the PPS forum showing any additional photos of the machine you might have. Thanks for the updates and for bringing back a Williams Classic for all to enjoy.

Mike

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

of course I said I wouldn't answer questions and I do ... lol

I don't recall reading that you're doing good go on......................

#67 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

but I think you should strongly consider color matching at least some of the inserts.

I think he did state the LEDs are native to their inserts, or thats how I read it but could be wrong.

"Answer on the LED's - YES, there will be software and hardware changes - this is a native LED architecture, not retrofitted to the existing WMS WPC design ..."

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

aliens invade and capture US, other less galactic reasons

Wow, was this a hint for your possible second game? I know I'm fishing here lol

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I'm not sure we've thought about how the plaque will be attached yet - where, or how, or exactly what. Maybe whole earth magnets

Maybe something like JJP did, removable on the apron. And yes please no lock bar holes or cheap flexible Playfields like someone else we know.

#164 10 years ago

Thanks Rick for taking time from your extremely busy schedule to field some questions, now back to work I want to play already

#319 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I bet Alex can powder coat that.

And does excellent quality workmanship too

#323 10 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

I believe it. I've never read a review that didn't say his work was the best.

Going to meet him at the shop soon as Alex will be doing my spare LOTR armor package. I seen the work he did for MET, wow was very impressed.

#337 10 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

I wonder if they'll have better speakers.

Rick had stated the audio will be better so I can only assume yes.

#339 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Don't worry. As soon as the games start shipping, I'm going to be offering this mod for only $50 ...

with Free Shipping!

#341 10 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

Guys, Rick already expressed he was somewhat annoyed by having to sift through all the dialogue here to find the questions. We should stick to QUESTIONS only. We should really refrain from jokes, trivia or debates before we annoy him away. Hopefully, we haven't already. Not trying to be a jerk but, we can continue to get a lot of good information here. Let's not ruin it.

Personally I think the poor guy has answered just about everything and more then once too. What I'd like to see now is those additional photos of the Proto unit he has. Maybe they can get posted as a sticky with no replies so all can see the images right off the bat with having to sift through posts.

#344 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Did he ever give an answer about the possibility of color matching the inserts? That's the one question still on my mind. Sorry if I've missed it somewhere.

Question asked ---"INSERT LEDS: Are they color matched to the inserts or are the warm white like the GI? Will their brightness or color be adjustable in software? Will they be user replacable? "

Rick's answer -- "Answer on the LED's - YES, there will be software and hardware changes - this is a native LED architecture, not retrofitted to the existing WMS WPC design ... "

#435 10 years ago

Here is a post from a fellow member who had test played the machine and his words describing it:

(member: Pinballphil)

OK, First I'm a little reluctant to even post since I'm selling these quickly without even advertising. I have been in the Home Arcade business full-time since 1978 and have never seen such a buzz about a new release before. I've been dealing with Chicago Gaming for 20 years. I was involved since the beginning of this project as well as their successful Arcade Legends game. My main business is home service calls and I am very busy in the Chicagoland area. I only say that because I am not a regular pinsider and don't really have time to get involved. I can offer periodical updates. I personally know the owner of the factory producing this game and I can say that they are a very reputable company that has been in business for over 100 years. They build many cabinets for many coin-op brands. I've even seen an antique trade stimulator that had their name stamped on the cabinet inside.

Now for the best news!! I just played the prototype yesterday. It is awesome! It plays just like the original with their new electronics. It's still early in the stages but it is a phenomenal copy of the original. It is running with Williams software and their own new electronics. I will say from a technician's view, the new system is incredible. It will make service so easy. Connectors for switches, no lamp or switch matrix, interchangeable processor/driver boards, a reliable cpu, a lot less wires. Did I say a lot less wires, I mean like hardly any! As for reliability, these surface mount LED's and components have improved so dramatically with cell phones that there is no reason to ever consider building a pinball the old way. Let me ask, who's worried about the bouncing of their cell phone in their pocket? I really think the vibration issue isn't an issue at all. As for the LED's, they look great! Their light fill the lenses completely, with a perfect hue and no strobing at all. The cabinet looks better than any repro I've seen. I'm not just saying that, I'd stake my 35 years in the industry on it.

I have a limited number of these LE beauties available. I am also offering extended warranty packages. I don't want to list my phone number but check out my website to find it or email me through pinside if you are interested.
Thanks for understanding and I will email updates to all my clients and try to post on pinside as I see the progression

#505 10 years ago

I for one really don't believe in censorship and folks should be able to say their opinions, but with all this digging I have to go weed through, I could have been a archaeologist.

Maybe an admin could please clean up all non related posts to questions and answers.

#535 10 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Seems like a bad idea to me, Why make replaceing a bulb so much more difficult than normal? I assume cost is the only reason.
For the record, yes I have an order in so your talking to a paying customer here.
Not looking forward to an LED going out.
I'de like to suggest somehow making this a more user friendly repair.
Having to call a pinball repair person for $60 an hour to change a lightbulb just seems like its asking for bad press, from a user perspective and for you guys once you get all the negative backlash.
I'de be thrilled if you told us that there is a solution to this, or that we don't know what we are talking about.

DarkWizard you have a good point and concerns, like it was answered a LED should last approx 100,000 hours of continuous use meaning = we should be dead before the LED dies lol. However if something was to go wrong with them most likely it will show itself very quickly while still under warranty and a simple board swap might be in order. Beyond that if it does happen and your're right tech repairs can be a bit expensive but this is really no big deal change, maybe a fellow hobbyist that can do this work that is local to you will gladly help out in this situation and maybe make a day of it having lunch and playing pinball in the process. That would be my offer to anyone local to me

Making friends with common interest is always a good thing.

#590 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

I'm not sure if this has been asked or not.
What is the warranty on the game?
What is the mechanical/cabinet warranty? What is the board set/electrical warranty?

I might be mistaken on the time frame about this but I believe Rick had stated that if purchased from an authorized distributor the warranty was six months which applies only to the original purchaser and not transferrable.

#632 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I might add. Bay Area Amusements/Planetary Pinball Supply parts. They are pretty good at that already. New small board to run it - looks promising. Three driver boards - running everything - identical and interchangeable. Churchill Cabinets, and playfields. Updated artwork on playfield and cabinet. LED boards. Roger Sharpe playing it and things have to be exact to original before he okays it. And a few other things going on to.
I haven't seen one thing that any one purchasing it should be worried about.
And I'm rather excited by all of it, how it came to be, and what is happening. I never thought I'd see it, but it's coming.
LTG : )
Disclaimer : I have been involved with Bay Area Tech Support for some years on their help desk.

Like always Lloyd, you're the voice of reason above all others. Glad your around!

#636 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

ok, the signal to noise ratio on this thread is increasing but I've looked thru the last page or two today and find some of the questions.
- game numbers have no correlation to the sequence of when the games are built.
- we are debating a phone jack - so maybe yes, maybe no ... game will have capability, it's mainly harness.
- when we put a queue together you will know roughly where you are, but obviously that will be adjusted to coordinate bulk shipments, etc.
- the order will be a result of many merged lists between multiple distributors, so we will then create a list, there will be a rough idea of where in the list someone is - but it will a rough idea
- we make parts wherever we make parts, we don't disclose who or where (same as I expect the 'other' game mfgs ... lol). I would say the bulk of the parts come from chicago area as logistically there's no advantage from offshore. You can keep asking and you will get the same answer. I think you would be surprised at what parts come from offshort in other games ... where do LED's come from, pinball doors, etc?
- do you guys think that anyone wants to build an inferior product that you get to deal with time and energy with unhappy customers? I think that works if you are in this for the short term, but everyone involve has been in this industry for a long time. There are bad suppliers in the US just as there are in China - oy.

Like always, thanks again Rick and really looking forward to getting my machine.

#750 10 years ago
Quoted from W1ked:

I wouldn't like to see any PPS logo's anywhere on the game

Of course not. Afterall why should he put it there especially since they are the ones reproducing them, paid all the licensing fee's that made it possible, gathered all the original Williams equipment to go fourth with the project, got CCC on board to do the woodwork again, made some advancement to board structures, sound system, decals,led lighting and most important of all: as of two weeks ago made it possible for you and others to now obtain a MM.

Yeah I can see your point.

#794 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Guys ... sorry I'm back, caught a bad cold and just had energy to catch try to catch up on orders, etc. Doug Duba was out of town most of this week and just got off the phone and he said he would be in this weekend to take some clearer pictures (that what has been seen) ... as soon as I get them I will put them up.
rick

I think the photo point was made clear here by Rick, at some point this weekend there should be some clear photos taken and posted. It's only Saturday morning give them a chance to wake up smell the coffee, greet their kids, talk with their spouses and maybe have some honeys do's to do and then head out to take some shots.

Deep breaths in and out, in and out...... ahhhh! I'm sure photos will be posted soon.

1 month later
#1272 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

So, you can get your deposit back anytime before williams approval? However, after that you can obviously still bail up until time of shipment, but just no deposit back?

I'm sure if you had to bail for good reasons any reputable distributor/dealer wouldn't give a major stink over returning the deposit, after all it's really not going to be too hard to sell it as there is a waiting list and they may even make a little more profit at that point.

1 week later
#1574 10 years ago

Rick,

Ignore is a great feature, also if any are easily misled by disinformation well then in the short time to come it'll be their loss not yours as I'm sure you will put fourth superior product that will be enjoyed by all who play it.

#1657 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

No he put a $300 deposit down. The other $700 is due when Vince approves them.

LMAO

#1662 10 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Stern and others have lost the 8mil that went to MMRLE, there is no denying that.

That's no guarantee, maybe these folks were saving for a MM all along and now pulled the plug on a more reasonable option or perhaps many these folks might have not purchased any newer machines at all with the current selection available.

I don't see it as 8 million lost I see it as 8 million more invested into our hobby, just because it didn't go to Stern or JJP doesn't mean the cash was lost. It simply means we now have another company that will supply additional options for us to choose.

It doesn't mean that Jack or Gary would have had that cash anyway, they weren't getting my 8K.

#1745 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Fyi ... finally got the latest pictures and video in of the game, more updates coming ...
http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr/
[email protected]

Looks awesome, is there a backbox light panel that drops in there? If so is it also LEDs?

#1862 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Quit trying to mitigate the risk of building a machine by asking for the deposits and just go build the product and let us know when it's done.

I believe this machine was already built when announced for deposit, was waiting on Roger Sharp's & Williams approval. So in all fairness he did announce when they had the prototype built. Now it was a matter of about how many we'll make and tweaking the products bug findings.

1 month later
#2241 10 years ago

They can put candles underneath there for all I care, I just want a MM.

#2251 10 years ago

and if they are a little too bright, I'm ready.
809325_100704193037_Flip_welding_helmet (1).jpeg809325_100704193037_Flip_welding_helmet (1).jpeg

#2272 10 years ago

Let the games begin!

#2277 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The wms guys have and continue to be great to work with and fair in what they need ...

$10's and $20's in unmarked bills placed in non descript bags.

1 week later
#2321 10 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

I'm going to play devils advocate and say that showing prototypes may not be a good move. If it's not finished you will be suject to nitpickers finding (or making up) faults, things that are less then perfect, things that you NEED to change before it goes out to production. Don't show something to the masses until it's finished.

+1

Just looked at what transpired after his short prototype video posting.

#2410 10 years ago

viper001,

If you are going to quote people get the facts right first. My remark about the candles was in response to the asinine replies about the LED's in the machine and making light of the subject, nothing about build quality but if it makes you feel better I do expect high quality church type candles.

Two things come to mind here:

1 - Stop making this thread about yourself

2 - Reading is fundamental, try it some time.

1 week later
#2626 10 years ago

page 48

Quoted from PPS:

if you ever make anything that is approved there is a certain 'bar' that needs to be hit to insure that it conforms to what is required - in this case game play, artwork, legal notices, etc. Above that most any licensee doesn't care and does not need to spend the time on what minor things are done - things are not controlled that way at all in most things.
I'm like the lonely Maytag repair man - I almost beg for those with questions to call me direct on my cell 408-891-7878 and nobody does ...
[email protected]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 64.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider deathhimself.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=deathhimself and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.