(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 213 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#2264 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

WMS Legal Approval received today - on to procuring parts and building the proto's.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/pps-mmr-wms-legal-approval-recieved/
rick@planetarypinball.com

Great news. Congrats.

2 months later
#3130 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It looks a little like the raised section to divert the ball on the new ramp is an extra piece of plastic on top, instead of a single piece mold on the original. But maybe I'm just seeing it wrong.

Here is the patent for the MM ramps showing the separate piece of plastic (60).

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/5899454.pdf

#3155 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

F me. Good call but I hate changing that crap. Who has an LE for sale...

http://www.pinballsales.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=156&idcategory=2

1 month later
#3457 5 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Whoever is in charge of the trim color options over at PPS, needs to be fired. Seriously first the mustard gold powder coat, and now for black they go with Stern Pro crinkle black?
For black all you had to do is go with the regular gloss black powder coat.
If I stay on this pre-order it looks like my only choice would be regular stainless.

I agree. The black in the pictures looks plain like Stern Pros or maybe even worse. It would be a whole lot better looking as a glossy powder coat black. The Stainless steel original is better looking on MM IMO.

1 month later
#3931 5 years ago

Stern will likely knock out 1000 MMRs in 8 weeks if they want to do it in a somewhat concentrated effort. They already average around 20 to 40 games a day doing Stern games. The speed at which MMr is made likely depends on what Stern games need to be made as well as any problems that arise in the MMr manufacturing process or design of the game.

#3935 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

So what about the unlimited standard editions? When do those get banged out?

What does Stern have to make now? Mustang obviously has not sold well. MET, ST, and ACDC have been out for a while so their demand can be satisfied with a few here and there in the assembly. Stern runs multiple games at the same time. Stern is at the point that they need a hit theme in the fall or their sales for the year will be down.

#3937 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Really?
My distributor says it is selling well; "A little better than Avengers".

Hobbyists are certainly not buying them for whatever reason. Presently only 18 pros and 4 LE/Premiums are listed as owned by pinsiders.

#3943 5 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

This is exactly right. Mustang sales have not been anywhere near Stern's expectations, pinheads are not buying them, mostly car guys, and people not typically interested in pinball have been buying them. Supply/demand for ST,AcDc, and Met are pretty much balanced for now. AcDc license is up at the end of the year.

I believe Stern could hit three homeruns in a row if they would make Zeppelin, Walking Dead, and Iron Maiden. I hope they get that.

#3946 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

How do you know? Stern doesn't release sales numbers. You can guess, but to assume it's mostly people buying it on theme when you have no way of knowing is puzzling. You just seem overly sure.

You must have missed the part about his son working for Stern.

#3947 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Totally agree with Zep and Maiden…seems the aging pinsiders (myself included) love the music themes of our youth. As for TWD…sure it will sell, but I think they really missed the big "rush" on that title. Just my opinion, but I think that they needed to get ahead of the curve on that one.

For the record, I would only be interested in Zeppelin for purchase, but there are plenty of people that want the three and I think they could all be fun which is the name of the game.

#3954 5 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

Not to be a jerk, but how do you know that is true?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-is-stern-doing-better-now/page/2

True or not true, you be the judge. I do not know any more than what is posted.

4 weeks later
#4274 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

It's easy to remove ... just need to take a razor knife and separate the double faced tape.
You surely aren't suggesting that we design a new side trim with new fastening which is not std for wms are you?

Isn't there a way to do it without tape, like the way Stern does it?

#4420 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

It'll be fun watching how he does repro #2, the pitchforks will be gathered if he tries asking $8k for an AFM.

Yes, I don't see 1000 AFMr selling quickly at $8000.
CCr might be the only Bally/Williams game left that could sell for $8000, but if it does not have a code update included then it is definitely not worth the price.

#4529 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

The rumor came from one of your top distributors Rick so what gives?

Sounds like a distributor trying to sell games.

2 weeks later
#4984 5 years ago

100 is just a number

#5011 5 years ago

I hope these games don't take several months to start shipping because many people seem not prepared for such a scenario. It would likely become another total bitchfest.

#5078 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

there's a big difference between "manual and bag of spare parts" and a coin mech, though. in a home use environment, the manual and bag of spare parts are useful if not essential.
err, speaking of which ... hey Rick, does this thing come with a manual?

Yes, I am also curious as to what else other than the coin mechs such as the manual is missing.

#5130 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Even though we said the reason was the international/domestic ordering situation and we didn't want to add the complexity of sorting out specific coin mechs for various countries, which would likely create mfg issues and the decision was made. I really get annoyed when people turn this into something it's not and don't even read the previous posts as to why. Also, I expect a very very small % of these games will ever see a quarter. And if they do I have a very very discounted solution.
It's really disappointing that some people don't want to be informed and then startup again and again, and most often are not customers ...
rick

Enough already with the coin mech talk. We all know the coin mechs are not included as it has been beaten to death, and at this point appears it is being used to divert the discussion away from what the game actually includes.

There are some legitimate questions about the game that I have not seen answers or details about.
Rick, could you answer yes or no as to specific parts to be included in the game? For example, will the game include the 120 volt service outlet, the real knocker, lights for the coin reject buttons, metal apron, and manual?

#5261 5 years ago
Quoted from Bigboythursday:

Hey Rick here's a way to silence these negative trolls announce in a seperate thread that you will include the coin mechs after all!

ummmm....I.... think...you...are ....supposed...to ...take that to the other new thread per Robin 3 posts above.

1 week later
#5461 5 years ago

People should certainly be able to get their full money back if the game is not delivered in a reasonable timeframe.
The pre-payment in full business model, which this has effectively become, is shit for customers.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 11.95
$ 16.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Montreal
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Peachtree City, GA
$ 209.00
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.00
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 9.10
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 98.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside