(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkwizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#510 10 years ago

It still seems to me that the question of how one goes about replacing one of the insert LED's that goes out, if its just 1 that dies on a whole board of say.... 10 (random number)... hasn't really been clearly answered. Will soldering be required or will there be some simple way to replace a single LED?

#512 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

YouTube how to replace SMD components and you will see.

Seems like a bad idea to me, Why make replaceing a bulb so much more difficult than normal? I assume cost is the only reason.

For the record, yes I have an order in so your talking to a paying customer here.

Not looking forward to an LED going out.

I'de like to suggest somehow making this a more user friendly repair.

Having to call a pinball repair person for $60 an hour to change a lightbulb just seems like its asking for bad press, from a user perspective and for you guys once you get all the negative backlash.

I'de be thrilled if you told us that there is a solution to this, or that we don't know what we are talking about.

#514 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think the point is, LEDs shouldn't go out for a very very long time if ever.

Yeah, thats pretty much what keeps my hopes up about not having to deal with it.

I have had LEDs go out though quicker than expected, which is what gives me a small amount of trepidation.

#566 10 years ago

So no chance of making the insert LED's socketed?

I don't have any machines with LED boards, so I can't relate. Wouldn't being able to change them (easily) be more desireable than it being less easy? I'm not dropping my order either way. Just my opinion.

#568 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Wouldn't you need to remove all the electronics that used to be in the backbox but are now under the playfield out to get to those sockets anyway?? Seems like it would be a pain in the ass. Plus Rarehero owns a few LE's that have boards and he is a player so I'm sure they get used and he's never had a problem, although they aren't that old either.

Cool, so half the challenge will be just getting to the LED boards. Sweet! Again, I am an LED board newb, so maybe I should just go crawl back under my rock lol

#710 10 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

I tried to wade through the previous 14 pages and didn't see this question posed (or maybe I missed it):
What type of payment will be required for the $7k balance - cash, check, credit card?
I know this is on a lot of people's mind. Now, one could argue this is a Distributor specific question, however, PinballSales accepts credit card payments on my Hobbit pre-order, however, the $1k 'cash' deposit was required for the MM pre-order. Would just like a little clarification.

Automated took my CC for the first 1k and I assume they will for the remaining 7k... otherwise they are going to be losing a sale. Which honestly, wouldn't be the end of the world, since, no I can't afford it. However, I am grabbing the bull by the horns regardless.

1 week later
#1087 10 years ago

I don't like too many EM's but there are a couple good ones. Hot Shot is pretty good, almost bought one.

#1088 10 years ago

Back on track.

Can anyone come up with a list of any (if there are any) MM mods that will still work with MMR.

We know the color DMD will need to wait on them to come up with their solution, but what about other ones?

Merlin with the crystal ball light
Trolls with lit eyes
Castle window light
Dragon
any others I may not have thought of?

#1105 10 years ago

Rick, Can you answer what, if any current mods will work with the new machine? (Besides obvious ones like Mirror Blades, Shooter Rods, Leg Protectors, PinGulps, etc...) Or will the people who devised these need to re-engineer them?

#1121 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I like quoting people and putting stuff in here that people didn't actually say.

Why is that?

Mirror blades, as I thought I made clear, are one of the items I am not worried about.

#1133 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it doesn't sound like that many original assets survived, and the ones that did are on floppy disks that are nigh unreadable (if i recall correctly). but yeah an answer from them on how they're acquiring the sounds would be interesting.

There are many ways to read old floppy disks. Unless the disks are actually bad, I am surprised they didn't put forth the effort to get what they can from them. The floppy disk theory doesn't really hold water. You don't even need an old computer.

http://www.deviceside.com/fc5025.html

Also by the time this game was made, I am pretty sure we were all using 3.5" floppy drives, which are even easier to read. Many USB options are available for 3.5" disks.

I sell and collect old computer games on the side and easily 90% of the disks I use are still in working order.

#1135 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

When Doom3D conversion came out, I pulled my old Doom disks out and installed a floppy drive.
The discs would no longer read.
They were stored in a floppy disk case on a shelf above my desk.

Yeah, they are pretty much beyond the estimated lifespan. Just saying, a good portion of them continue working long after that and that files being on floppy disks doesn't immediately make them unreadable.

#1153 10 years ago

It would be nice to get that updated PDF flyer/manual/sales brochure or whatever it was supposed to be that Rick was talking about in the beginning of the thread.

Updates were hot and heavy for a while there, now it sort of died down.

#1189 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ouch! Easy, Crash, easy....

Maybe he didn't have his coffee yet

#1215 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

4) COLOR DMD: Will we have the ability to add Color DMD to our games? Will it be an easy task or will an aftermarket supplier be required to do something special for this game?

Again, this has been discussed - the MMR will have a native color LCD, which when shipped will be 'mono' color but selectable (probably a number of standard colors supported by the LCD - red, amber, blue, green, etc). We are then working on an upgrade which we expect to be software only which will provide full color display.

Excellent news

Does this theoretically mean that it might display more, equal, or less colors than the current solution?

#1232 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Yes, theoretically it means it could display more, equal or less colors than the current solution

HominaI.jpgHominaI.jpg
4 weeks later
#1807 10 years ago

I think people who are making a stink are just looking for a reason to back out.

By posting this video and having them say they are out right away, when clearly you have indicated this is a work in progress, further supports this, so I wouldn't worry about learning any lessons from this. I, and I am sure many others, appreciate all the little scraps of info that you give us.

I am not in the race, but I hope it is a run away success and you sell thousands of them so that I can get a beat up routed one cheaper after everyone has their new shiney ones.

They already said they are going to give a "warning" before the final approval to allow time for people to back out if they want.

3 months later
#3274 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

EPIC UPDATE:
We have narrowed in on an updated smell, and are in the process of trademarking, copyrighting, and patenting it! It will be Epic, as only things that are Epic are cool. After the Epic decision to pursue this, we are making the Epic decision to name it - PinButts(tm) is already in use, so this is not possible (but would be a good one!), but we have some good names we are evaluating. We have sampled some of the above concoctions, but just like a fine perfume we are tuning the formula to get the right smell at the right time (there shall be no wine ...). Anyways, this will be ONLY on LE's (hahaha Std owners!!!) and so the LE owners NOW have a key differentiator which will be worth ALOT of money when they want to resell (after the warranty is up ...) ...

Why not just call the fragrance "Epic" to bring it full circle?

3 weeks later
#3363 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Hard ot blame anyone for not wanting to go there....
It's too bad these shows aren't in nicer areas on the East Coast....
Allentown, PA? Ugh.... that place would have to get 100% nicer to even be considered the armpit of PA

The fairgrounds/farmers market really isn't THAT bad. Its all fenced in, the dregs of society usually stay out. (besides me of course). I used to work right next door at the old folks home and would go there for lunch.

#3400 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I think it would be really fun to play MMr at the beach : )

You son of a beach

3 weeks later
#3839 9 years ago

Correct me if I am imagining things but, wasn't that the original plan. Once WMS "signed off" on it, the deposit was non-refundable.

That has obviously since changed, I just missed that news. I asked Jen at JJP regarding my order and she says its fully refundable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darkwizard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=darkwizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.