(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1132 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The original sound I believe will be improved upon what exists, technically I'm not sure exactly the specifics, but there is an effort to get a better quality out. There are some IP assets that we have that help with that and they are being looked at by Chicago Gaming ...

Oh man this is going to be FREAKING AMAZING if you can pull off this level of quality from the original sound masters...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/Williams/games/medieval/mm_sounds.html

#1136 10 years ago

I wish there was more solid info on if the original recordings (analog or digital) are still entirely available and if so, what media they are stored on. To me this is a cool opportunity to look "on the other side" and have a reason to discover what was once lost.

#1152 10 years ago

Any new developments on the sound?

#1161 10 years ago

Is Q4 2014 the projected date for the LEs or the standards? I believe the LEs will ship in mid-2014 correct?

#1185 10 years ago
Quoted from yotaxi125:

Yeah, the 700 is actually sales tax. So I probably shot myself in the foot there, but I just thought I could make up for it a little by just swinging by PPS and picking it up. Just hurts the wallet (ouch!)

Then get out of the hobby.

3 weeks later
#1416 10 years ago

Medieval Madness is far from the most popular. It only sold ~6,000 units while Addams Family sold over 20,000 not mentioning the gold edition.

2 weeks later
#1916 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

it will be emulating original code. The game looks and plays fine, they need to clean up the castle destruction sequence and fix a timing issue with the LEDs, but there will be no issues.

Then they don't need to call it hardware emulation. They're just scripting the rules like Pinball Arcade (who also claims they are doing hardware emulation), which is fine as long as it plays 100% like the original game. Emulation means you are running a virtual WPC-95 machine running the original binary WPC-95 code. If this were the case there would be no "tweaks" to make. It would just work.

#1918 10 years ago

Well it's all a bit ambiguous. An emulator, with some hacks, can interface to any physical external devices and trick the virtual WPC-95 machine into thinking it's connected to a real switch matrix, A/V board, driver board, etc. A good example are game console emulators. Typically you can run these using software emulation of the original components or though a hack that utilizes the host machine's hardware in some way. If this is really emulation, I seriously doubt everything is done using LLE (low level emulation) through software on the CPU. Another example is the discussion of implementing high quality music and sound. That would exceed the capabilities of the original DCS DSP, meaning an HLE (high level emulation) hack would need to be implemented to support such a change.

Things like the above, the color LCD, absence of a switch and lamp matrix, and other enhancements would make hardware emulation unfeasible. It would be running so many hacks that you might as well just re-write the entire system in a modern language and compile a new environment for the physical board it's running on. That's why I'm a bit skeptical.

#1920 10 years ago

LEGAL details, oh. Yes, who knows...

1 week later
#1981 10 years ago

Post 1964. Man this thing is coming together great!

#1993 10 years ago

Since they're using an emulator they'll have to adapt the emulator to use whatever new sound system will be in place.

3 weeks later
#2260 10 years ago

Excellent news!!

#2298 10 years ago

Very unlike Williams to be so cooperative in furthering the future of pinball. Perhaps they are recognizing the comeback?

1 week later
#2576 10 years ago

Wow, just $55 for the CPU board?? I know beagleboard.org has markups but THAT is a deal!

http://beagleboard.org/products/beaglebone

#2616 10 years ago

Lol at the $89 price tag then.

4 months later
#4767 9 years ago

Anyone who stands up for what is right and what they deserve is always a winner Mike. Now, thumbs me down.

#4768 9 years ago

Ok, so you will be selling coin mechs then. But still, you're charging your customers an additional amount that was not outlined in the beginning. It's the principle Rick. You pulled the rug out from underneath these owners and I think it should be made right. Just throw them in for free and call it a complete, fully functional commercial quality pin as advertised.

#4795 9 years ago

I absolutely love how the apparent stance on coin mechs changed in a mere matter of pages.

1 week later
#4932 9 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

All I know is if the flipper strength is adjustable, it had better be able to go to 11.

"Honey, looks like that crazy neighbor is firing his BB gun again!"

#4942 9 years ago

Mike you still in on MMR?

#4944 9 years ago

Well you can always pretend I suppose. Plunk down two quarters and whoosh your hand inside to press the credit button before anyone else notices!

#4948 9 years ago

Should have 100 machines out the door by Sunday. Gonna be an interesting week!

#4962 9 years ago

It sure would blow the living crap out of JJP's endless pictures of 3 games and 2 workers in any given shot. I'd love to see the Stern line now that we're producing quality titles.

#5012 9 years ago

3rd, 4th quarter really? Man where do you guys get this stuff?

#5021 9 years ago

LOL. What an incredibly selfish post.

#5039 9 years ago

Not even that much really.

#5051 9 years ago

Lol, the priniciple of selling both versions at LE prices and not including coin mechs (Stern is a maker of real arcade quality machines correct?) will cost them more business than anything else. Losing $12 vs $8,000+. Hmm.

#5056 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

So has anybody canceled their MMre over this ?
LTG : )™

That's not the point, it's the business principle. Take preordering for example. Are a vast majority of owners happy with the preorder model? Heck no, yet people keep shooting hundies at these NIB games. I too am surprised Lloyd is defending this seemlingly cheap stance of PPS on the mechs. For the price of a new car, for crap's sake just ship the $10 coin mechs.

#5058 9 years ago

Thanks for leaving. Back to civil discussion.

#5081 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Can we get a kick-starter for coin mechs? Or maybe a coin mech withdrawal support group. I'm sick of reading about them constantly. I'm excited about the pin and future remakes.

Then don't open this thread? Because discussion will continue until it is resolved.

#5086 9 years ago

I know someone who is in so basically yeah.

#5110 9 years ago

With them asking the same price for a standard and an LE, kind of makes it hard to justify cutting the mechs if you ask me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.