(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from jackal2001:

How about metal leg protectors so the decals don't wrinkle.

Yes, please.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

For $50 I would have done it, but it's not that important to me.

Yup. $100 is a lot of money for a number that will mean nothing to anyone else--that is, unless it is in the single digits.

1 month later
#1358 10 years ago

I have gloss black powder coat on my HS, and it looks sensational. I'd be all for it on MMr.

3 weeks later
#1967 10 years ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

I really was amazed.

Rats! I secretly wanted not to want this pin!

3 weeks later
#2267 10 years ago

Progress!

#2291 10 years ago
Quoted from yotaxi125:

Does this mean that customers of record can swing by and actually try out the game before the deposits are "frozen"?

I would travel some distance to do that, but I can't go as far as Chicago. I wonder where these venues will be.

1 week later
#2417 10 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

The best thing that could happen is if Rick threw out the Q2 delivery dream and built a set of sample games

I am all for Rick taking his time and getting it right out of the gate. I'm in no hurry. Another six months or even a year wouldn't bother me so long as the pin is in excellent shape when it arrives.

#2581 10 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

And please try to give us invisiglass as an option if its not standard.

Yup. Still wishing my STLE had come with better glass.

#2591 10 years ago

Thanks, Rick. I think the glass does matter, though it is now too expensive to purchase separately.

#2597 10 years ago

Please make pins I don't want to buy!

4 weeks later
#2834 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I think Rick promised free pizza and beer at every show as well.

Lunch meats and Shasta for me.

1 week later
#2868 10 years ago

I believe this has been said before, but let me add my vote for being able to purchase a pin that has Cliffys (and Pinbit plastics protectors, for that matter) pre-installed at the factory. I'd be happy to pay extra for that and thus avoid the hassle of having once again to disassemble a brand new pin.

#2879 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

probably just add more confusion, time, and cost to the process than it could ever possibly be worth.

I had of course considered this possibility, but that doesn't mean that it is not worth asking. Putting such protectors on a complicated machine after it is built is a pain, and I would be willing to pay something to avoid having to do it. If it is an unreasonable request, Rick himself is free to say, "No." If it isn't too expensive, however, I am wiling to bet that I am not the only one who would choose this option. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained."

#2887 10 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Rick said it would slow the production line down if offered as an option, and it wouldn't fall in line with trying to make it as authentic as the original either.

The first point seems legit (How would I know?), but I'd question the second, that is, unless all games were provided with protectors, making it a standard feature. Obviously, someone who pays extra for them already knows that he/she is adding onto the game, which I know I'd do if someone gave me an original MM tomorrow.

1 week later
#3162 10 years ago

Great to read all of the positive reviews. Makes me glad I signed on. Now I just have to create a space for the thing...

3 weeks later
#3323 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

we will not be in Allentown

1 month later
#3996 9 years ago

I hope those of you who can make it will report back on your in-person impressions of the trim choices. I can't tell enough from the pics to make an informed decision.

3 weeks later
#4284 9 years ago

I thought the trim was going to be a much easier decision. I am still on the fence. Hmmm....

#4298 9 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I finally got the email asking to chose my trim color.

Me, too. That is what I expected.

#4338 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

If it was a stern game and manufacturing was this close for an LE you would be paying up by now as well I would think.

Yup. That's what happened to me with STLE. I don't see that paying three or four weeks in advance of production is that big a deal.

#4368 9 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Very few, if any of us will have this in our possession in 4 weeks. None of us will have it in 3 weeks.

Not what I meant, but I understand your point.

#4399 9 years ago

For what it's worth, folks here reported getting a refund of the deposit from JJP well past that original deadline:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-have-luck-canceling-their-mmr-le-order-recently

#4455 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

black second

Sigh...

#4540 9 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Anyone who paid by check/wire, are you getting the invisiglass?

Yup. It's a lot of money, but it does look great. I can't afford to do it for all of my pins, but for MMR it seems worth it.

#4553 9 years ago

I have never had any trouble getting ahold of Jack directly. Just ask him.

#4754 9 years ago

Leg levelers. I want to complain about leg levelers. Just give me a few minutes to figure out why.

2 weeks later
#5003 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Anyone who ordered from JJP/Pinball Sales post your invoice number in this thread I started to keep track of invoice numbers and shipping order.

It doesn't sound like invoice number is going to have much of anything to do with shipping order this time. First, there is the fact that they will be produced in bunches based on trim choice. Also, Jack said that priority would be given based on when final payment was made, not the initial deposit. I know I was one of the very first to order, but I seriously doubt that I will be at the front of the queue based on these other considerations.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 64.99
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider craig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=craig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.