(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chippewa-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#9 10 years ago

Any chance you'll be setting up a group mailing or place on your site where we can go to see info related to MMR? Can't say how happy I am that you guys are doing the remake. It's going to be a long winter!

#418 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

all ... it is what it is - LE's, Stds, Price, etc ... none of which will change, and lots of reasons why things are what they are. Next topic?

Will I be able to buy an extra translite directly from PPS?

#445 10 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I received an email from pinballsales this morning saying that I was up for a MMR LE. I thought I missed the boat on the LE's.

Congrats!!

#734 10 years ago

I for one will be more than happy with my 'fake' MM. Most of the people who play it won't even know I saved $7k. Shhhh!!

1 week later
#1111 10 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

If you are an engineer or a software developer by trade, and you have never owned an EM, you should get one, at least for a little while, just to get a hands on experience with the early days of computing devices. You are really missing out if you don't.

Does RPG3, Assembler and PL/1 count?

1 month later
#2027 10 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Exactly! so sick of that "flipper" / "hater" crap. There are many reasons why some are not on the band wagon and it doesn't have to be so damn personal... can't believe the uproar from a made up word like "refake".

What are the reasons you are not in favor of the remake? I may have missed them, but the only thing I have seen from you doesn't have any, just instagatory remarks.

#2030 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Let's not start this again....

Not starting anything. Just curious of people's opinion.

#2037 10 years ago

Great update. Sounds like everything is on schedule. Looking forwad to getting mine!

1 week later
#2096 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I will put pictures and/or vids to confirm that Roger was indeed there (as I'm sure here people will be suspicious) but as I am in CA and development is in Chicago, the first thing on the team's mind is not to document that internal meetings happened so it's a bit of an education for them ...

Sad state that you have to put pics/vids to confirm. So glad I'm in on MMR. This is progressing as well as can be expected. Well done!!

#2203 10 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Maybe I'm just nostalgic, but:
When I wanted to buy my first pinball many years ago and then when I had it and needed help- RGP was a lifesaver.
I'm not sure if Id have even bought my first pin without that resource....

Same here. It's where I got connected to a local guy (Mike Pacak) about 3-4 years ago who is now a good friend. He's been in the hobby for a long time and it's great to hear his stories. Seems like any time I go out to his house now, we just sit around and bs for the afternoon. If you've never been to his house and warehouse and are in the eastern OH/western PA area, you owe it to yourself to come see his 'stuff'. Bring a shopping list.

#2204 10 years ago

Sorry for the OT...

1 week later
#2252 10 years ago

Rick - Any word yet on the trim finish?

#2261 10 years ago

Woohoo!! Any news on the trim finish?

#2263 10 years ago

Guess I should have read the last paragraph:

"Given that we are still working on getting some of the prototypes together which will take several weeks, we will not be freezing any deposits until we have games readily available to play as well as things like the choice of gold trim, etc."

#2288 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

I'm sure we will have a early game in san jose ...

Would have been 'epic' to have something at the Ohio show!

1 week later
#2344 10 years ago

I'm telling the moderator you guys are making fun of refake!! Wait... The_Dude_Abides is a moderator!!

It's all about context.

#2358 10 years ago

People just don't appreciate the time, effort, money, etc that Rick and his team has put into this over the last 1-2 years. I'm sure it was a huge relief to get the final approval. Congrats Rick. I hope the next 6 months go smooth.

#2469 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Really Rick? The first time you made this comment I thought ..hmm. Now you just seem a little cocky. I'm on the fence with purchasing a standard, but reading through this thread makes me hold back. You act as though you think have such a fantastic product that your doing us a favor. Maybe the 1000 preorders in one night has gone to your head? This is coming from a long time customer of yours.

Squelching inaccurate speculative comments is cocky? Wouldn't you respond too if you were building a product and someone made those comments you knew were wrong? Rick expecting high quality is cocky? Giving out his phone number and offering to take the time to talk to anyone about concerns with the pin is cocky? If Jack or Gary would be more involved here (in Gary's case... at all) maybe we wouldn't have epic threads of ENDLESS speculation about WOZLE build delays or MET code updates.

If you think he has a cocky attitude and it turns you off, don't buy it.

And yes, he is doing us a favor by making the MMr... at least I think so.

2 weeks later
#2679 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Checking on some feedback for the group ... if there is a next game and there is an LE for the next game, we are thinking of giving existing MMR LE customers first dibs on them (same game #, etc). We would then also limit the LE's to somewhere <1000 (which could be 1000, or just the MMR LE people who want the next game and cap at that ... not sure yet). Would be interested in the wisdom from the group here ...

I think it's a great idea. Give your loyal customers first crack at buying the next one. The question I have is... how long would someone have to decide if they want it or not?

Jack did the same thing, right? I still have the option to get TH with the same number as my WOZLE from my distributor.

#2708 10 years ago

This really isn't that difficult guys. I'm in on MMRLE. When game 2 is announced, I will get a call/email from who I bought it from to see if I want game 2. I'll probably have a week or two to put down a deposit. If I say yes, then the number of the MMRLE I bought comes out of the available queue. I guess the drawback for some would be that you wouldn't have the choice to get a different number if you wanted?

I think the week or two from announcement to when the available queue is offered is a good thing. It gives people who may want one some extra time to think about if they really want it or to line up finances, etc.

#2759 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

It'd be great to see used one for for $7k like you are with MM's now.

I think I sold my MB at the right time (3 months ago) if MB is next. Saying that, my money is on AFM then CC.

1 week later
#2819 10 years ago
Quoted from Packerjeff:

Hey Rick,
Weekend bump for MBLE announcement?

I doubt there will be an announcement on pin #2 until at least after deposits are non-refundable. Maybe even after MMr starts shipping. Doesn't make business sense. They can still keep working on pin #2 in the meantime.

1 month later
#3304 9 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

pre production games will be at PAGG in CA

I probably don't see the post about it, but will they be at Allentown too?

#3328 9 years ago
Quoted from gpa_joe:

Rick is there anyway you can change your plans for Allentown? After reading all the good news from TPF I doubt that I am going to cancel my order but if I could get my hands on the game before I have to commit it would be greatly appreciated. Plus it would help take the edge off of having to wait a few more months. Thanks !!

I'm in the same boat. I thought the comment made was that everyone would get a chance to play before fully committing. Wasn't available at Ohio and now not Allentown. A west coast trip would be nice, but not in the cards. Not sure when/where I'll get to play it.

#3333 9 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Are you showing the game anywhere on the east coast?

Maybe at the Jersey show? Will probably be shipping by then though.

#3337 9 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

So question? I did not want to read 67 pages of a post. So, I'll just ask and take the criticism. When is the MMLE or MM going to be released (shipping)? I saw them in Frisco but seeing 2 machines doesn't tell me much. Just thought I would ask. You may now start the attacks. Here I'll throw the first stone.

al_throwing_a_stone_cybergedeon_... 19 KB

Q2 (June 2014)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3372 9 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Awesome...I'll warm up the speedo!

lol. The Southern and west coast boys don't realize that 60 degrees is warm for us northern boys!!

#3374 9 years ago

As a northern boy, I gotta admit... I did a work trip driving through Nashville, Atlanta and Charlotte and there was some pretty impressive scenery. Outer Banks, NC is my second home and has Flippers in Grandy to play pinball at. Doesn't get much better than that.

#3439 9 years ago

This is going to be a tough choice. I don't care for the gold or black. I agree with several others that a smooth black would be the best look. Unfortunately, most of us in the east won't be able to see the different trim options in person before we have to make a decision. Maybe the black or gold looks better in person. Might just have to go with silver and possibly spend the extra $ to get powdercoating. Not what I was expecting after spending $8k.

#3526 9 years ago

Man, that black sure looks nice though...

#3528 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I am much happier knowing the rails are easily removed. With Stern its just some screws but the old williams glue and putty knife scares me.So worst case if you go bumpy black I can go stainless and send it all out.For me I love the smooth black powder coat. Its going on my HSII was on my AFM and and it always looks sharp. Coin doors dont matter but lock down and legs make a game pop.I seriously believe if you nail just black offering that or stainless in every remake will wonders for you.

This is 100% where I'm at...

#3575 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

That pic says exactly what we are all looking for : )

Here, here!

#3604 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

I promise you, I am not trolling. I've just been around long enough to have seen the engineering growing pains that came when the pin makers went from electric flippers to electronic. I have also worked for a company that is a world leader in making large coils and electric motors and I know there is more engineering that goes into this kind of stuff than meets the eye. Everyone looks at it as a "bonus" that they have added coil strength controls, about a month after the Texas show. I say that is suspicious in that maybe it's an attempt to band aid a technical problem that they found out with the games there. Or maybe not, it could honestly just be a new "feature".
Consider these facts: Texas was a 2 or 3 day show. With 8 million dollars on the line, why wouldn't they have moved the games to another spot on the floor/circuit? Why weren't there widespread reports of all the games at Texas having weak flippers? I'll answer my own question, if they moved the games and they still exhibited weak flippers it would have been a stink.
You guys are letting yourselves get too distracted with trim options and mahogany cabinet bottom panels, you should be making sure this new board-set is all that. Now before they produce a bunch with problems. My motivations in this thread are quite selfish, I do not want a MMr personally, but my Dad is very interested in one for his business. I might also have interest in future titles, who wouldn't want a NIB FH assuming the price is right?
My suggestion: at the next show Rick should disable the EOS switches on one of the two games on the floor. The WMS version famously was able to compensate for broken or out-of-adjustment EOS switches without seriously impacting game performance. If Rick's games are being built to be as good (or better) than the older games they should be able to handle this with no issues.

Remember when WOZ flippers were weak?

#3614 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I like Chrome trim on my MM

image-564.jpg 31 KB

That looks REALLY nice!!

#3651 9 years ago

1. Chrome
2. Shiny Black
3. Stainless
4. Flat black
10. Mustard

#3789 9 years ago
Quoted from rcarlson:

UGH.... Sadness
As one of the people that were part of the original MMr (by Bally Australia) and then after years (6 or so) of waiting had my order transferred over to the new MMr I was looking forward to seeing/playing the new MMr Pin at PAGG :/

Now you know how us 'east coast' folks feel. Was really hoping to see it in Allentown.

#3804 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nope. Just common sense by both PPS and Stern. Win-Win for both parties.

Proximity of CGC & Stern doesn't hurt either.

2 weeks later
#3926 9 years ago

I love the optimism as I'm in on MMR, but I can see the full 1,000 LEs taking until the end of the year. I hope I'm wrong, but I just think it'll take awhile to get the line humming along with enough parts. I'm a WOZ owner, so I'm OK with a little delay.

#3941 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

If Jack didnt have an ego the size of Mt Everest., he'd be making a call to Gary to schedule TH exactly the same way.... too bad

...or he didn't have a boat load of money tied up into a manufacturing process.

2 weeks later
#4082 9 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Are we supposed to have been contacted by our distributor about which trim option we want on our LE games? I figure if you are going to start production soon you are going to want to know this so you can stock parts. So far I've heard nothing.

Same here. I just sent an email to my distributor (Automated).

Anyone else who ordered from Automated hear from them?

1 week later
#4313 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Automated says they will be calling to collect the balance as soon as the "pinballs are closer to shipping"

Same here. Got the email this afternoon.

#4328 9 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I found it, at expo Rick said, "The game will cost $7,995 with a $1,000 deposit, the remaining balance being due 1 week before the game ships."
My source: http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2013/index.html and there are probably a few hundred other people that heard this and were under the same impression.

That was my understanding too. Here's the email from Automated Services:

The production of the Medieval Madness is about to begin in the next couple weeks. As of the date of this letter, all deposits are final and no refunds will be given. Also if you have not chosen a trim color, you must choose one by July 11th. All trim choices will be final. If we do not hear from you we will pick a color at random for you. Your trim choices are below. Once the pinballs are closer to shipping we will be calling to collect the final balances due on account.

1. Black
2. Gold
3. Stainless/Zinc (Silver)

#4353 9 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Very few, if any of us will have this in our possession in 4 weeks. None of us will have it in 3 weeks. A lot of us still will not have them in 12 weeks.

I sure hope people realize that. Expectations should be low the first few weeks Stern starts producing them, whenever that may be. To expect them to start off at 150 or 200 per week is just unreasonable. If all 1,000 are produced by the end of October, I'd be happy.

#4380 9 years ago
Quoted from Eryeal:

Wow that is just BS - is JJP the only distributor that is not allowing refunds and not following PPS's refund policy?

In the email from Automated, they stated:

"As of the date of this letter, all deposits are final and no refunds will be given."

The date of the letter was July 3rd which is the day I received the email.

#4464 9 years ago

I think there were too many people who didn't want to miss out on the MMr bandwagon so they plopped down the $1k and figured they could get their money back. Rick and the distributors have given us PLENTY of time to decide. Remember, we're the ones who committed to buy the pin by putting the $1k down.

If it takes 9 months to make a decision, then your decision should have been no and you should have asked for your deposit back long before now. I know there's a few people who fit into a "I just had a substantial emergency expense come up" category, but for the rest...

#4484 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Yes, he addressed this after the fact that the JJP deposits were non-refundable. I for one, had no idea he was only speaking to PPS direct customers this whole time. Oh well, lesson learned. I was planning to stay in anyway, but will use an abundance of caution on any future pre-orders.

Automated was the same as JJP. No refunds effective the day we received the email to pick a trim color. No problem though, I wasn't cancelling!!

#4487 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i just went black

think the gold looks more "LE", but didn't really care for the gold color in person.think the black looks better, but black doesn't seem to have that "LE" feel to it.now, i have a pair of gold side mirrors (got on sale), wonder how those will look with the black trim ?
Rick, thanks for keeping us so informed on all this. Really do appreciate your great communication and taking time to share info. You da man.

I think the gold side mirrors would look better with the black. There's already like 4 shades of gold on the playfield and side art. None of them will match. That's why I went with the black. The gold trim draws your eyes away from the playfield, whereas the black doesn't. Just IMO of course.

2 weeks later
#4926 9 years ago

Can't wait to see production lines starting to roll for the masses!

1 week later
#5138 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Even though we said the reason was the international/domestic ordering situation and we didn't want to add the complexity of sorting out specific coin mechs for various countries, which would likely create mfg issues and the decision was made. I really get annoyed when people turn this into something it's not and don't even read the previous posts as to why. Also, I expect a very very small % of these games will ever see a quarter. And if they do I have a very very discounted solution.

My selfish solution... My 'guess' is that 90% of the pins were sold in the US. Why not include US mechs in all of them and let the 10% swap theirs out if they want/need to? They're going to have to pay for their own mechs anyway.

I agree that most of the pins won't see a quarter dropped in them, so most of the 10% group won't care that it's a US mech. Just a thought.

#5232 9 years ago

I've done some searches as I thought I saw this brought up before but can't find it. Was it previously stated that the Mantis protectors would fit? I know one of them is already a very tight fit on the originals (Merlin hole).

#5340 9 years ago

He sure does! Maybe HE should start a pinball company.

#5401 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

My distributor hasn't asked for the remainder of the payment yet either. He's thinking I will have it in my house in October sometime.

That seems like a realistic time frame.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods
Decals
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chippewa-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=chippewa-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.