(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calvin12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#994 10 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Love the fact there is still a real knocker in the backbox.

with no wires yet.

1 week later
#1169 10 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Rick do you foresee many changes to the actual playfield design from the original design? Did I read correctly the game will not have roll over switches, i.e. roll overs in the return lane? thanks

You can see the switches in the pics that were posted.

4 weeks later
#1826 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

At Expo when you announced the thing, you made it sound like it was essentially done - you're just waiting for WMS to sign off.

Umm no he didnt

#1859 10 years ago

BoP 2.0 has an issue just like this, The helmet lights are all kinds of wonky when playing the emulated original s/w. Hopefully they can make that work, but I think in that case most people will be playing 2.0 so its not so much of an issue.

1 week later
#1929 10 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Rick, I'm wondering if you guys are investigating the possibility of adding tournament software and maybe even a button very similar to what is found on newer Stern games? I have that on my Iron Man and it is VERY popular with guests when I set up the tournament software.

MM already has it, its one of hte hold the flipper button then start deals. dont remember exactly

3 months later
#3172 10 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

less maintenance (no more changing bulbs every few weeks),

WTF do you do that you are changing bulbs every few weeks in a game? If you are swapping stuff that often you have bigger problems.

4 weeks later
#3351 9 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

Allentown would have been an excellent showcase for MMR during it's ramp up to production and launch.
PPS really couldn't afford not to have MMR at Allentown, even if it means a week of downtime,... was there an overlapping show? Especially in the NE? They would have sold a lot more units and gained much more buzz.

what, cant afford to not be there??? Inflated sense of self worth there. They already sold far more than they thought they would. How much more buzz could they get.

#3460 9 years ago
Quoted from taz:

That's always an option of course, but it appears that a majority of people on this thread believe an LE of this cost shouldn't need to be repainted immediately. Smooth black did look awesome in some earlier photos. Thankfully, there's still a small chance to provide feedback which is helping PPS put together a great game.

Even if it just came stainless there would be no *need* to ever repaint it. Need and want are very different things.

1 week later
#3681 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I really don't want to drop $8k and then "finish" the game myself. I hope something can be done with the colors that gets everyone excited. I'm looking forward to the feedback from the upcoming show.

The game will be finished from the factory, if you want to change the rails thats your choice. its not like hes going to ship an unfinished game. Stainless rails were how the ge was originally, and standard parts for 60 years.

#3762 9 years ago

Don't forget stern announced they are moving to a larger facility. Could it be tied to making future PPS games? They really don't seem to need space for making their own games.

#3808 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Why not? They make the most successful line of pinball machines both for Ops and collectors.

its kinda easy to be the most successful when you are the only one. When there were multiple companies they were not #1.

#3813 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

There's multiple companies right now and they are...

jjp cant get parts to get things out the door, at this point they are basically boutique market. Hopefully they get going full speed and make stern up their game. Spooky, jpop, cool but still boutique, not mass production stuff.

#3814 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lol- you and Rommy are intellectual peas in a pod

non sequitur.jpg 5 KB

im all for stern assembling the games, use the already trained labor force and infrastructure. The comment about stern being #1 was the only thing I spoke about, not their ability.

2 weeks later
#3922 9 years ago

what they have put out and what they can put out are different things. They have stated they are not running at capacity, and there is no reason to if they aren't getting games out the door. they don't warehouse there, so they need to build as demand is there.

#3930 9 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Yea it's just that easy, flip a switch and double output. Lol. Do you think they just tell their line workers to work faster? I know their capacity is double what their current output is, but they would have to hire and train more workers, build more assembly jigs, tools, and work stations, etc. It doesn't make financial sense for a short term boost in demand. The efficiency of an assembly line is balancing both short term and long term demand as to not have heavy influxes of hiring/laying off/ training and so forth. You don't want to build so many of anything so quickly and then have nothing for your workers to do for 3 weeks. This is one of the reasons Stern rotates production of current machines on a weekly basis to balance supply and demand.

image-359.jpg 102 KB

yes it is that easy, stern has had more employees in the past, they have the capacity, they have shut the lines down completely in the past and laid ff the line workers, then brought them back in. They won't kick up from 35 to 200 next week, but they can easily move their production output up *when there is demand for it*. For their own games the demand is not there. If they can contract out line time as they are going to do with MMR. They will hire back or new people as needed. Those costs will be factored in to what PPS is paying for the line use. They will not need more workstations, they have made more games on their current lines than they do now.

1 month later
#4449 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Now that's an idea for all us folks that have run out of room for pins and as such they face each other and one can not remove the glass!
I've always thought that an updated side trim (with a hinge mech) to allow the glass to be removed without having to slide it out the front would be a great mod for us room-packed pin collectors...

So you want a 70's bally cabinet (i.e. fireball)?

3 weeks later
#5104 9 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I think that is the real issue here- when you are paying top dollar for a coin operated machine it should probably come with all the parts necessary for it to be coin operated!

There's your problem, you are not paying top dollar, this remake is way below top dollar for this title.

#5255 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:Deleted post

The honest resolution was already done. It's resolved there will be no mechs included. If you want one find it yourself, or get a discounted one from Rick, or anywhere of your choosing.

#5288 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

How is the backbox trim being "finished?"

You wont have a raw painted plywood edge facing you when you play.

#5322 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nice.
Also curious, if PPS own the rights to the Williams archive, Im assuming that also includes original artwork. Why did PPS need to high res scan an original MM cabinet to make the decals for the MMR?

its always possible, and likely, the archive is incomplete.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.95
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider calvin12.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=calvin12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.