(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#492 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Serious question. Do all of you currently like the LE situation with Stern? Would you rather have a single model at a single price?

I would love for there to be one single model available, like the old days. But as long as companies can make an extra buck by installing minimal bling, I don't think we'll ever see those days again.

#500 10 years ago

At what point do you have "your people" start working on the next reproduction title, Rick?

You can tell me. I won't say anything.

1 week later
#1027 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I wonder how much this pin would have been if WOZ or stern didn't create the new 8k price bracket.

I couldn't agree more.

1 week later
#1200 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

This is for the LE:

LOL Welcome to pinball manufacturing, Rick.

My question....are you still glad you started this whole thing??

2 months later
#2245 10 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Any LED that gives off a blue hue I'd consider to be a cool white bulb. That simply wouldn't make sense on MMR.
The original MM or what I imagine some people are calling MM unfake had bulbs that were in the 2700k-3000k range.
I simply don't see PPS making that big of a change that the GI is now bluish.
At the worst I'd say maybe pure white instead of yellow/white like we elect.
$8,000 is a lot of money for a machine. I never spent that much on any other so for sure I'm going to be picky.
In reality Rick made it clear that such details would be confirmed before the deposit becomes not refundable.
I don't know why some people are so worried about the details right now?
If you are not happy with the final choices you will be able to cancel without losing anything.

I have a feeling Rick's customers will be harder to satisfy than Williams legal department.

1 week later
#2319 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I think having a prototype at every pinball show is plausible. It's probably a good idea actually.

Agreed. Rick also needs to give a talk and buy everyone pizza. THAT would be epic.

#2323 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wait what Ricks buying Pizza for everyone? sweet!

You can't let another manufacturer one up you!! I'd expect more than pizza and the next announcement of an announcement better be more epicer than epic.

I'll be at the MGC in April, Rick. Bring it on!!

#2324 10 years ago

I would also love to take a look at the build quality.

#2336 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballfantexas:

hopefully wings as well.

It'd be nice if beer was involved.

#2338 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If I don't get pizza, wings, and beer from Rick I'm cancelling my refake.

If Rick doesn't buy us beer, I'm going to quit selling him Pin Footies. That'll get his attention.

#2343 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

ok Bryan ... them's fighting words ... you stop selling Pin Footies to me and I will launch my new product Pin Feeties ... take that

Don't make me send my people over to see your people again.

Seriously, though, I'd love to see one at the MGC but completely understand about logistics. Get it to my house and I'll make sure it gets there and back.....to my house.

#2474 10 years ago

The Maytag repairman reference is cute but here's hoping comments like that don't eventually bite you in the ass, Rick. I think most remember Jacks comments about never releasing a game with unfinished code.

#2477 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

eh the maytag thing wasn't being cocky about his game's quality - he was just saying he wasn't getting any (well, many) calls, like in the old maytag commercial.

Gotcha. I took it to mean there will be no repair calls. And we all know how well that went for Jack too.

#2495 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We already know.
PPS is putting in place now (help ticket system, phone access, factory technical support, etc). Rick posted here and on the Blog.
LTG : )

JJP's support system is supposed to be the best also, but I've heard numerous stories of things not going so well. I'm sure Rick will do his best but we have no idea if that'll be enough just yet.

#2506 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

omg brian ... nothing will be enough I guess ... I hear numerous stories about everyone's support ... what's the point ...

LMAO!!

I refuse to respond in case my response fans the flames. My people will be in contact with your people next week.

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean, know what I mean.

#2511 10 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Any chance you two were married in a past life??

My people (who appear to now be Rick's people) won't let me divulge that information.

#2512 10 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yes... that's exactly what I said... *rolleyes*
You can be defensive.. or you can enlighten. Either way, it doesn't stop (and never will) that the outside world has curiosities about the 'inbetweens' of a business. And when birds of a feather get together.. they are likely going to discuss things.
You can chose to respond with information to address the topic.. or you can chose to respond with "you don't know what you are talking about". I'll let you decide what you think is more effective at addressing speculation.

Or I could just kick Rick in the nuts and it would be a lot less painless than trying to keep everyone here happy.

#2516 10 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I can't imagine WMS *not* getting paid in some way.

Careful, Larry. You just might be wrong.

#2523 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

oy ... time for a break from this insanity here sometimes ... I think I will stick to telling people about the game only here ... anyone wants more info or debate you know where to find me ... this becomes a huge waste of time trying to convince people that I have some idea on some things ...

You need a break, Rick. I know where there may be a party tomorrow. Wink wink.

1 week later
#2701 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

i don't get it either ... bu

I'm in the same camp, but those special numbers seem to be important, but they are a real pain to administer and then can't wait for any number/ship mixups ... that will be wonderful if that occurs.

So what happens when someone buying game one doesn't want game two but wants the same number on game three, but the buyer of game two wants that number on game three also?

Seriously, isn't it a huge hassle to try and make an extra buck or two with something silly like this?

#2713 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

As the manufacturer, I think you have to first ask yourself how many additional sales do you expect to get by letting people keep their machine number? Then second, are the potential additional sales (if any) worth the additional overhead?
Actually, I think those questions should have been considered (perhaps they were) when people were allowed to choose their game number for MMr.
Personally, there are a few games numbers I would consider special (#1, #7, #1000, anniversary date, etc...). If I had one of those numbers I would want to keep it but having a special number or not will not influence my purchase of a game.

My point is, it could lead to nothing but a cluster f. If Rick doesn't mind dealing with said cluster f and he makes some additional money by doing this, more power to him. Same goes for the LE's and all the trim options.

Me, I'd make the game and sell the game. You get what you get and I'm able to keep my sanity.

#2780 10 years ago

What if the new MM cabinets could look like WOZLE cabinets with inked or screened artwork and cleared? They won't be, but what if they could?

2 months later
#3636 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

I promise you, I am not trolling. I've just been around long enough to have seen the engineering growing pains

You need to get laid, Kyle.

2 weeks later
#3853 9 years ago

I love you. I just don't want an MMRLE.

Quoted from yonizzell:

So I came on here to see if any one that wanted an MMRLE spot wanted to take mine, but it seems that I won't be getting any love here!

1 month later
#4642 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

transparent clear

I expect numerous coin mech powder coat color options. At least a "real" manufacturer would offer that.

2 weeks later
#5098 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

This. Thread has reached 102 pages and sadly most of the discussion has revolved around trim color and coin mechs. It sucks to sift through a slew of posts repeating the same points just to find a nugget of valuable info.

Do what I do. Scan the pages for anything Rick says and ignore all the rest.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 64.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=bryan_kelly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.