(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmunn1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#3134 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

^^^^Yep, HUO will be out there for a good bit less. Might snag one in a year or so........ Game looks great.
An attack will come in 3,2,1.....

You will likely be able get an original pro MM for less than the full featured HUO premium MMr. Only time will tell though!

3 months later
#4644 9 years ago

Having no coin mechs would not have changed my decision to get an MMR LE but should have been revealed earlier.

On a different note, I do believe future pin remakes will be much harder to predict demand and certainly will not be able to command the pricing levels that MMR does.

Top Pins to remake IMO (and would have sufficient demand with little to no rule changes):

Medium Tier Pricing:
1) Circus Voltaire (Demand apparent, Unique Layout)
2) Monster Bash (Demand apparent, risk of another oversaturated fan layout - improved code to increase difficulty would make this a big seller)
3) AFM (Much bigger risk of oversaturated fan layout - I know it is popular but wonder if NIB market is there for it)
4) CC (more due to rarity but demand risk - do people really want this)

Next Level Tier (more demand risk):

5) TOM - if code changes are made
6) TOTAN - if code changes are made
7) AF - a lot of these are out there

Looking forward to getting my MMR LE with Shiney Black trim.

#4651 9 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Wow out of all the stuff to complain about. I think out of all my machines, I have probably put less then $1 worth of quarters through them, including arcade machines. I get the for the money comments, but do think Rick provided a good reason, as most people that would actually need these are going to need to switch them out due to currency or want to put better mechs in anyways. As was said earlier you could always go buy a routed one where the operator removed the mechs as well.

Wow.... is right of all the routed and NIB pins I have ever owned came with Coin Mechs... Your comment is questionable...

#4664 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

You missed the obvious BIG seller!!!
i.e. the most expensive pin on the second hand market (except for Pinball Circus, which is being re-run).
That being Big Bang Bar, oh and PPS have just obtained the rights....
I wonder why....

I personally believe BBB is not as big a seller as CV or MB. People want it due to rarity but like cc would carry a lot of demand risk. It is an ok player but the Adult theme is going to limit he market. I would never be able to put one in my basement. I like Pinball Circus but I hear the code is limited on it. Pinball Circus would do better as a limited run (100 or less) from a boutique builder.

#4670 9 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

You guys need to calm down. It's 12 bucks. Like Lloyd said, most operators change out the coin mechs anyway, as they have a preferred type they use. For home use, it's not needed, and if you want one, spend the $12.

So do you have a MMR LE on order?

#4716 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

If Rick is able to sell 1500 total MMr games, less 2 plastic coin mechs each, that only comes to $36,000 in extra profit on the project. A mere drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things...

Why would you assume he is paying retail. Assuming 100% markup the real extra profit is $18,000. The thing I struggle with not knowing earlier was they were checking every part against blue prints. I find it hard to believe it was unintentially missed.

3 weeks later
#5276 9 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

f. Surprise! world has got out that JJP froze the deposits? What, you missed the announcement? I missed it to.
I read about the JJP freeze in a thread that a guy had to sell his order at a $300 loss.

This is Jacks issue: but long term it will push customers to PPS to buy direct. Future remakes will likely have customers line up to PPS first then others as a fall back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmunn1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=bmunn1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.