(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChadNC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#32 10 years ago

Ordered my LE with Game exchange pretty early Friday. Lots of friends who ordered with Pinball Sales after I ordered have gotten several updates confirming they have an LE. I'm still waiting to get confirmation? I know it must be chaos! JJ with game exchange has been a stand-up guy and that's why I went with him. Guess I just gotta keep waiting.

#155 10 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Ordered my LE with Game exchange pretty early Friday. Lots of friends who ordered with Pinball Sales after I ordered have gotten several updates confirming they have an LE. I'm still waiting to get confirmation? I know it must be chaos! JJ with game exchange has been a stand-up guy and that's why I went with him. Guess I just gotta keep waiting.

Still Sweatin' but got faith

#476 10 years ago

Anyone else order from Gameexchange? I put a deposit down on an LE last Friday and its still uncertain if there getting any? They sent me a message saying there working with PP and Chicago Gaming but still don't have a 100% confirmation.

#479 10 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Game Exchange posted this a few hours ago in this thread (answering Q re: their allotment of LEs):

Sweet!

#558 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We are pretty much thru our initial order handling (and sleepless nights) collecting everything, figuring out duplicates, non-reponse customers, etc - this is for PPS allocated games. We are then going thru additional lists that are on the our 'waiting list' for LE or 'upgrade list' for LE, which will be happening as well.
One thing that I have had reports is of people having deposits taken (and charged) when that seller may not have LE's allocated) - this would be from legitimate game sellers who were not listed on the original distributor list - perhaps thru miscommunication, etc.
If anyone is in that situation, let me know and we can put you on yet another list and see if we can help address - again, this would be ONLY for people who have a recorded transaction with someone that is not on the distributor list that I released, which I believe is complete for who was allocated LE's. We are not in the business of stealing customers ... we are trying to find anyone who could receive an unwelcome "we're sorry, but what we promised you we really do not have" surprise.
contact me at [email protected] and can we please not discuss it here.
thanks,
rick

Class Act...

1 week later
#798 10 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

How much more is brass than gold plating? Just wondering...

Never seen any pinball gold plated. It's all brass plated that I know of.
As far as brass over gold powdercoat theres no question Brass is better.
Gold powdercoat looks like crap. I'm just not a fan. I know Back alley does it and I like everything he does but that.

#809 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

The Iron Man does look sweet. One thing I did notice is the dimples on lock bar are magnified because of sheen on coating. I have a powder coated bar on one of my machines with same issue, you can really see the dimples. I wonder if there is a way to not have dimples on the bar, whether brass or powder?

Yep. Pinball life sells their lockdowns in 2 pieces. So after u powdercoat or plate you just use gorilla glue and a couple of C clamps. It works fantastic and the look is slick!

#854 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I am scratching my head right now? I am guessing you use glue to fill in divet spot welding spots on lift bar? Then plate or powder. I am confused? What is the process for removing dimples on lift bar, so it does not look so bad when plated or powdered?

It's ok, the lockdown that pinball life sells is in two pieces so its never been spot welded and therefore doesn't have the dimples. You powder or plate the pieces apart. Then once the powder or plating is applied you use gorilla glue and a couple c clamps to fasten it. It works extremely well and has a fantastic clean look.

1 month later
#1315 10 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Seems we have a consensus brewing Rick .....and yes I am available for consultant purposes

Sorry hooked. You gotta go back a few pages where I said I was gonna do this: Ha
Seriously I think it looks good and that's why I would do it aftermarket.
BTW Chris's work is rediculous

image.jpgimage.jpg

#1316 10 years ago

Couple more

image-700.jpgimage-700.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
#1321 10 years ago

The wire form looks good in black chrome as well!!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-495.jpgimage-495.jpg
#1322 10 years ago

Just gives the whole pin a darker feel.

#1344 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We will have more discussion in the next couple of weeks on the plating, and will discuss with Chicago Gaming as to where they are with the gold as well as have sent them the pictures of the chrome black one as well. So when we get a reading as to what can be done without overcomplicating things I will report back ...

Just in case you didn't know Rick the pics of the Black Chrome i posted were from HEP. I've seen others do it as well and i was planning on doing mine after the fact. But if its cost effective for you guys to do it upfront or with an upcharge im in.

#1370 10 years ago

It's not black chrome and wouldn't put this on MM but I think looks cool on MET

image-13.jpgimage-13.jpg image-986.jpgimage-986.jpg
#1399 10 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Yikes only 21 days to go to get approval! Come on WMS - let em build it.

The way i read Ricks message is that Wms has approved it.

#1508 10 years ago

Hi Rick.. I was wondering can you opt for a Wms translite for an upcharge and not get the PPS one? Or would you just have to buy it seperate? Also I guess flipper bats although that doesn't concern me. Thanks for the input. Also its great that you looked into the black chrome/nickel. Its kinda like the difference in Hot Blueing a gun and cold Blueing. Its gotta be done right.

#1513 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I'm pretty sure PPS can't ship any MMRs with WMS logos. But what you do after delivery is up to you.
My BBB says Capcom on it, but I still would have bought it if it said Illinois Pinball instead. It still would be BBB and logos don't affect gameplay. I'm fine with PPS logos on the MMRLE I have on order.

Ok. I didn't say that I minded the PPS logo, I just prefer the Wms one.What I was asking is if they could send /offer the Wms translite with an upcharge. After all they own the rights. I know as apart of the agreement they can't have the logo on the pin however im not sure if it would be a big deal if they threw a translite tube in the box for shipping purposes seeing as they sell them!
Another idea and a question would be could you add a color DMD? Again stuff that they sell anyway.

#1540 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Here it is, $139:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPA-31-1357-50059
Just buy it if you want it, it doesn't have to come with your game. We don't need another add on or option for a translite that can't come with the game and most people won't want.

My fault for posting here. I should have just emailed Rick. I know there available. Was just hoping/ asking to maybe get the WMs translite and not the other one. No big deal.

#1726 10 years ago

Look... This thread has went off the rails. Since MM is somewhat rare and modding has only gotten bigger does anyone have any modding ideas?

image-340.jpgimage-340.jpg
1 month later
#2167 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

yes it's completely oddball to flip out if the LEDs don't look exactly like incandescents. PPS has to make a machine that will appeal to all its buyers, most of whom consider LEDs an upgrade over incandescents. they've already said they're using warm white LEDs, but apparently that's not enough for this guy -- he needs them to be dim, and fade in and out too.

I don't think the guy flipped out...Oddball preference? Wanting a pin thats close to the original? I respect your opinion but it wasn't that long ago that people putting LEDs in pins was oddball. You said most people consider LEDs an upgrade? Maybe the people who have gotten into pinball the last 2-3 years feel that way, maybe more? To me its simply a preference not an upgrade.. Just like toppers their just a preference not an upgrade.Everyone doesn't like them. Myself i like both. I myself think on a lot of the older pins that incandescent is the only way to go. A lot of my pins have incandescents in the GI and LEDs in the inserts. I like the ability to have that. Hopefully they can use technology so that the lights will slowly dim and brighten.

#2172 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It still is on RGP.
They laugh at your LEDs and aftermarket toppers.

Exactly

#2186 10 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

MMRLE is designed for LEDs....

But not MM and thats the dilemma. Some pins just look better with one or the other.. Take Pinball Magic. It is better with Incandescent. Now ACDC is better with LEDs.
You mentioned all pins were built with LEDs now. That's only this last year that that's been happening.
I get what the guy is saying. If you've been playing MM for 15,16 years without LEDs and don't want to change it sucks to spend 8000.00 on it. Some people have said they won't buy an LE w/o Brass plated armor. It can't be gold tone. The lighting is much more essiential to "purists"

#2187 10 years ago

I'll be honest, I'm just glad its being built at all!!!

#2193 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Isn't RGP without Frank just complaints about how much Pinside sucks?

Ha.. I'll say this about RGP, I've rarely put a tech question up that hasn't been answered.

3 weeks later
#2623 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

that has been covered both on our pps site blog as well as here on the forum. The deposit will become refundable when there is sufficient exposure of the game and other things (like trim option). we will also be giving notice, so this should all be good news as we moving out the date to production - honestly there is confidence that if anyone cancels someone will fill their spot so we are pushing that as far as we can to obviously insure that there is enough for everone to know the game beyond what we have already published. We will make them non-refundable when we have all of this covered, so the longer the better I would think from your perspective ...

Hey Rick can you PM or email me. I've sent emails for a week requesting a refund on my deposit. I haven't gotten a response. I appreciate the process and know your busy but if you could communicate it would be great. Thx

#2625 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Rick has posted his phone number. Find it, give him a call.
LTG : )™

Man I looked through all the pages and then emailed him directly. If someone has it let me know.

#2630 10 years ago

Thanks guys. Yall are alright. I ended up getting a Williams.

#2633 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Chad ... I had replied, and then I saw another half dozen emails just now ... your check was sent ... sorry guys sometimes it takes a couple of days there is alot going on ... no need to panic, not going anywhere!
rick

Thanks. Not panicking. I never received a reply. You always had a quick turnaround on communication previously. I wanna say I'm still thankful your doing this and look forward to following the project and the next title!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 64.99
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ChadNC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=ChadNC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.