(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1967firebird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#276 10 years ago

Thank You for the updates it is appreciated.

#446 10 years ago

I thank you for the rerun and I appreciate that LE gets a plaque and trim preference. They also get the free shaker. My only head scratcher was when you said the playfield's would differ. Thanks for realizing that was not a good thing. Looking forward to my non LE that I have a deposit on thru Little Shop of Games.

Question: I saw you addressed the distributor's who sold LE's I think it would be good to give the non LE distributors as well. I have not seen that list.

1 month later
#1255 10 years ago

Thanks for the update and thanks Dude for the update page as well.

#1267 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Did I miss when we have to pay for MM LE? $1000 deposit and balance do when again?

PPS said 1 to 2 weeks before it is shipped paid in full.

1 week later
#1526 10 years ago

cont

Quoted from PPS:Monster_Bash ... you are crazy

I hope I am, I would love MB. Thanks for the updates.

#1528 10 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Just to clarify, I believe Rick's post was to Monster Bash, not about Monster Bash.

Thanks I am a little slow.

3 weeks later
#2036 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Posted an update on the blog
http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr
thanks,
rick

Thanks for the update.

1 week later
#2082 10 years ago

Thanks for keeping us updated so looking forward to my MMR.

#2090 10 years ago

Go the PPS blog new info.

Thanks again for the continued updates.

#2145 10 years ago

This is great this will be my first NIB and this makes me feel even better about the purchase. Congrats Lloyd.

2 weeks later
#2502 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

JJP's support system is supposed to be the best also, but I've heard numerous stories of things not going so well. I'm sure Rick will do his best but we have no idea if that'll be enough just yet.

I just want to chime in on this topic I am a small collector. I was not able to get in on a MMRLE but put my money down for a standard right away. Rick and the distributor that I sent my money to worked it out so I could get an MMRLE and Rick personally emailed me to make it a smooth process. Both Curly from LSOG and Rick went above and beyond before the product had even been produced.

Quoted from LTG:

jalpert posted : It's how they handle the situation when the game breaks that's important. I guess we'll find out.
To which I responded : We already know.
PPS is putting in place now (help ticket system, phone access, factory technical support, etc). Rick posted here and on the Blog.
Never was any mention anything being the best. Just that things are in motion to have support.
No system is perfect. The main thing is if a person has an issue, they can reach someone who cares, and will work hard to resolve an issue.
LTG : )
Disclaimer : I'm the guy that cares.

And for me having LTG helping out makes me feel so good about getting my MMR. He helped me out with issues on my STTNG over a year ago, just knowing if I have a question he is there as a resource is reassuring to me.

1 week later
#2631 10 years ago

There is also a MMR hotline # on the Planetary website.

#2635 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Just talked with Rick about questions I have had about this process. Let me say very glad he is making this game. His heart for doing it right is impressive so far.

Thanks for letting us know.

2 months later
#3425 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Is anyone who saw the gold in person getting it? I like the idea of gold, the pictures look ok to me. The black looks like Stern black, so the gold would make the game stand out. If I hadn't heard negative things about the gold I'd get it. Not sure what to do since I won't be able to see one in person.

Yes please give an opinion I like the gold option as well but will not be able to see it in person.

2 months later
#4314 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigboythursday:

Anyone contacted by PPS yet? About color or full payment?

I have not yet.

#4327 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I got a generic sales order receipt says trim not selected with two of the three colors. I payed for it in full already, yet I don't think anything denotes that it was fully payed for, unless I'm reading it wrong. I never made the initial 1000 deposit I was really late to the party so I flat out sent Rick payment in full and he said he was fine with that at the time. As far as I can tell its simply a way for me to reference my order. Not Sure if that's what your referring to.. If so than I've had that form / .pdf for several days directly from pps.

We are not referring to the original order form, this will be a new email asking about the color choices of the trim and confirming that the deposit is locked in.

#4386 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Rick said "August" to "November" is when you will be receiving your game... *read number 5*
got an email directly from pps today about 3 hrs ago...
1) See below for latest update links (this thread etc... or ricks site) on status of the game - we are moving to production this month and the games will be released in 'batches' of games and slotted into the production line for the next several months.
2) Deposits - deposits become non-refundable on JULY 10, 2014
3) Trim color - we are offering the game in 3 different trim options - "Gold" (powdercoat), Semi-Gloss Black, and original Stainless/Zinc
4) Confirmation information - you will be receiving a message in the next few days asking to provide/confirm your trim choice as well as confirm shipping address, other shipping questions, etc. This will happen this week (before July 11)
5) Shipping Timeframe - games will start to build last week of July. They will be built in batches and will ship in batches this will occur until the LE's are all built and shipped. This is currently scheduled to happen over several months, with the exact schedule to be adjust based on the final prep activities happening now. SO, depending on a number of factors your game would be expecting to as soon as Aug and as late as Nov based on current info (which can move in/out based on reality of how the mfg goes). We will be going thru this in detail and will note any special situations (possible pickup in IL, international shipment to one of our resellers, etc). Again, we have time and will initiate these discussions with you.
6) Payment - for Planetary Pinball customers - we will notify you of the total due (with shipping and any tax) after we receive the update on #3, and then payment will be 'generally' due to us for retail customers a couple of weeks before shipment (meaning the game is scheduled to be mfg, being mfg, or has been mfg. Early payment is always an option and it will help insure that we do not have issues verifying your payment which could result in a delay or confusion. Please wait until we update your sales order, etc until doing this if you want to which would be in the next 1-2 weeks.
7) Communication - we have a pretty open communication channel and try to be as transparent as possible. We are also very very busy trying to get everything lined up with the game, etc. Jared on my team is working with me and will be updating Sales Orders and Invoices but please give a little time for any updates as there is alot of processing to do. Additionally we will use this mailing list for any additional updates based on questions, status updates, etc.
Again, there is time for all of this, so PLEASE do not worry if we do not get to you right away, we are actively working on many of the logistics of getting games out in an orderly way and certainly if a big concern let us know.
Thanks again for your business! Rick

Rick clearly says here that deposits non-refundable July 10, 2014

1 week later
#4847 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

It does come with everything coin related coin box, cover, etc - as I said the mechs were removed to make it more generic to ship around the world. The only thing to do is to pop in the mechs as needed (if needed).
Also, I will have some deeply discounted mechs available (the metal ones) in the next few days to cover this large inconvenience ...
[email protected]

2 weeks later
#5324 9 years ago

They have updated the Blog at PPS it says 7-25 but I had not seen it until today.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/more-mmr-faq/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1967firebird.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013?tu=1967firebird and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.