(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 110.
#4651 9 years ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Wow out of all the stuff to complain about. I think out of all my machines, I have probably put less then $1 worth of quarters through them, including arcade machines. I get the for the money comments, but do think Rick provided a good reason, as most people that would actually need these are going to need to switch them out due to currency or want to put better mechs in anyways. As was said earlier you could always go buy a routed one where the operator removed the mechs as well.

Wow.... is right of all the routed and NIB pins I have ever owned came with Coin Mechs... Your comment is questionable...

#4652 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

For me the missing coin mech issue is no big deal.
I'd probably have to change them out to accept Canadian Quarters anyways.

My METLE and ACDC came with mechs that accept our Canadian currency...can't be thought tough an issue to resolve....these are being built at Stern after all right?? They already have the logistics and ability to put them in according to region. Just a little puzzling to me...

#4653 9 years ago

These games not shipping with coin mechs is pathetic. This is something they should have told people IN ADVANCE. These are coin-operated commercial machines, for pity's sake.

It's rather like going to a very expensive restaurant, paying for your meal in advance, then being told that silverware will not be provided. Sure, you can bring your own, but for $8000 you should not have to.

Very classy, PPS.

#4654 9 years ago

Rick I don't remember if you mentioned it but will you also be spilling stale beer over the machines for authenticity?

#4655 9 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

Having no coin mechs would not have changed my decision to get an MMR LE but should have been revealed earlier.
On a different note, I do believe future pin remakes will be much harder to predict demand and certainly will not be able to command the pricing levels that MMR does.
Top Pins to remake IMO (and would have sufficient demand with little to no rule changes):
Medium Tier Pricing:
1) Circus Voltaire (Demand apparent, Unique Layout)
2) Monster Bash (Demand apparent, risk of another oversaturated fan layout - improved code to increase difficulty would make this a big seller)
3) AFM (Much bigger risk of oversaturated fan layout - I know it is popular but wonder if NIB market is there for it)
4) CC (more due to rarity but demand risk - do people really want this)
Next Level Tier (more demand risk):
5) TOM - if code changes are made
6) TOTAN - if code changes are made
7) AF - a lot of these are out there
Looking forward to getting my MMR LE with Shiney Black trim.

You missed the obvious BIG seller!!!

i.e. the most expensive pin on the second hand market (except for Pinball Circus, which is being re-run).

That being Big Bang Bar, oh and PPS have just obtained the rights....

I wonder why....

#4656 9 years ago

All this talk of coin mechs is making me think of the box of unused ones sitting on the shelf in my workroom. Once all these MMRs get shipped and the demand skyrockets, I may have to do some spring cleaning.

#4657 9 years ago

I'm sure Rick will come up with something to appease the masses in regards to the missing coin mechs.

#4658 9 years ago

Brand new $8000 pinball machine and no coin mechs? I would have to assume that also means no cashbox, lid and associated hardware. Man, that is cheap of you PPS. I think everyone just thought most assuredly these components would come with a brand new machine as they traditionally have. Very nasty $8000 surprise. What else is missing that we are now going to find out about?

#4659 9 years ago

How much is a coin mech?

#4660 9 years ago

$12 to $175 if you buy it yourself. 500 posts and two months of delays and arguing over which coins to use if PPS does it ; )

#4661 9 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

How much is a coin mech?

Not the issue. Beyond doubt these and all of the cashbox componentry should have come with a brand new $8k machine. This is ridiculous.

#4662 9 years ago

I called and left a message with Rick to see if we can get a list of what will be shipping with the machines. For me on a NIB I expect coin mechs, coin box/lid, manual, goodie bag, etc.

Quoted from ABT12:

Brand new $8000 pinball machine and no coin mechs? I would have to assume that also means no cashbox, lid and associated hardware. Man, that is cheap of you PPS. I think everyone just thought most assuredly these components would come with a brand new machine as they traditionally have. Very nasty $8000 surprise. What else is missing that we are now going to find out about?

#4663 9 years ago

I think having the coin mech should have been included and even though mine will be home use it just seems to make the game seem more complete and if I ever resell it and an operator would want it that would make the sell easier. I seems to have been an oversite with PPS not realizing this earlier and they should offer the buyer at least coin mechs later for at cost price and free shipping to make up for that late annoucement. Seems fair to me and would make some of us happier.

#4664 9 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

You missed the obvious BIG seller!!!
i.e. the most expensive pin on the second hand market (except for Pinball Circus, which is being re-run).
That being Big Bang Bar, oh and PPS have just obtained the rights....
I wonder why....

I personally believe BBB is not as big a seller as CV or MB. People want it due to rarity but like cc would carry a lot of demand risk. It is an ok player but the Adult theme is going to limit he market. I would never be able to put one in my basement. I like Pinball Circus but I hear the code is limited on it. Pinball Circus would do better as a limited run (100 or less) from a boutique builder.

#4665 9 years ago

No coin mechs? So I'd guess we could assume that these won't come with a cash box either then?

#4666 9 years ago
Quoted from ABT12:

I think everyone just thought most assuredly these components would come with a brand new machine as they traditionally have. Very nasty $8000 surprise. What else is missing that we are now going to find out about?

Quoted from ABT12:

Beyond doubt these and all of the cashbox componentry should have come with a brand new $8k machine. This is ridiculous.

Well said, guys!

I am VERY unhappy with this. Hell, I even thought the LE came with the Invisiglass!!! When you start taking away all the 'included' features of a Cadillac, you end up with a Volkswagon!!! And for $8,000!!!????!!!!!!! I don't care if the coin mechs can be bought for $12. This is a total surprise and maybe the beginning of constantly stripping these Remakes down. Not good. Not good at all!!!!!!!!

#4667 9 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

I am VERY unhappy with this. Hell, I even thought the LE came with the Invisiglass!!! When you start taking away all the 'included' features of a Cadillac, you end up with a Volkswagon!!! And for $8,000!!!????!!!!!!! I don't care if the coin mechs can be bought for $12. This is a total surprise and maybe the beginning of constantly stripping these Remakes down. Not good. Not good at all!!!!!!!!

You guys need to calm down. It's 12 bucks. Like Lloyd said, most operators change out the coin mechs anyway, as they have a preferred type they use. For home use, it's not needed, and if you want one, spend the $12.

#4668 9 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

You guys need to calm down. It's 12 bucks. Like Lloyd said, most operators change out the coin mechs anyway, as they have a preferred type they use. For home use, it's not needed, and if you want one, spend the $12.

It's a sign of cheaping out.

$8k for a pin, but no $12 coin mech for you!

#4669 9 years ago

dupe

#4670 9 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

So do you have a MMR LE on order?

#4671 9 years ago

I couldn't care less about the coin mech. I haven't once put a coin through a game in my house.

#4672 9 years ago

lapean111 . . . aren't you the brave one to be able to spend $12.00!!!!!! I don't usually make harsh statements on here, but "cooling down" is not the issue! It is the principle of the matter. Next time you order a NIB, how about YOU telling them to not make it complete and "you can take this off, and that, and I don't need this . . . ".

When you order a real pinball machine, you expect to get the complete package. It is bullshit on the $12.00! Comments like you made are just votes for manufacturers to see just how much more they can shave off to save money.

Quoted from RobT:

It's a sign of cheaping out.

Ditto, Rob!!!!

#4673 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I couldn't care less about the coin mech. I haven't once put a coin through a game in my house.

Same here, if I want coin mechs on it, I'll take them from one of my other pins which have them and have also never seen a coin. I do often use coin boxes to store parts though. I seem to recall a long ago kerfuffle over Tron LE only having one coin slot and mech on the door. That also didn't bother me, but it was a big deal to some people. I'll take the nice trim over this oversight, now back to the torches and pitchforks......

#4674 9 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'll take the nice trim over this oversight

Ditto!

#4675 9 years ago

I didn't see coin mechs on PBL who sells them for $12.00 link please

#4676 9 years ago

Wow. Okay, PPS did an excellent job communicating $7,988 worth of information to us in a way no other manufacturer has done before. The guy missed the last $12. Literally 1/10 of 1%. Some people will just be outraged no matter what.

I guess you guys will just have to be happy with the other 99.9% of the games value

#4677 9 years ago

YESSSS!!! I found this in a box of other crap I usually never need... time to break off that plastic wrap (In the next few weeks / months for MMRLE)! To me my games not going on location, but something about dropping in a coin or having the ability to creates a certain type of euphoria before launching that first ball. All my vids and pins generally have the keys to open up the coin door, I don't know it's just something about that quarter dropping it into that slot. It's part of the experience.
DSC06329.JPGDSC06329.JPG

#4678 9 years ago

If this is really one example of cheapening the machine and there are other aspects that will become noticeable after we have them in our hands, the market will dictate that there will be no more remakes.

I tend to believe PPS is trying to be as thoughtful as they can be into what is going into the game. The coin mechs are probably not a deal breaker for most of their customers. It certainly isn't for me. I honestly wouldn't have noticed.

#4681 9 years ago

Rick, build me a CC and i wont care if it does not come with a coin door!!

#4682 9 years ago

You can get used coin mechs for $5 on Ebay. This is a really silly thing to get worked up about.

#4683 9 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'll take the nice trim over this oversight

So it was one or the other?

#4684 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

You can get used coin mechs for $5 on Ebay. This is a really silly thing to get worked up about.

People get worked up over a lot less....

#4685 9 years ago
Quoted from bmunn1:

So do you have a MMR LE on order?

Yes, paid in full with Jack as of yesterday. Black option.

#4686 9 years ago

If someone wants coin mechs for their MMR they can have my original HUO ones for FREE as long as you pay the shipping

14442212897_c3d09497c0_z.jpg14442212897_c3d09497c0_z.jpg

Some of the "purists" might also want to check with Rick if the lock bar hasps are included because in all the MMR pics I've seen they are missing and have black carriage bolts in its place.

245114-i.jpg245114-i.jpg

#4687 9 years ago

The reality is, I will end up putting coin mechanisms in even though I won't be using it in the machine. I hope I have a few sitting around at home or I'll be buying them. Not a deal breaker, but kind of surprising.

#4688 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

If someone wants coin mechs for their MMR they can have my original HUO ones for FREE as long as you pay the shipping
245114-i.jpg 44 KB

I may take you up on that offer, if I can't find any in my basement. I'm local too.

#4689 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Some of the "purists" might also want to check with Rick if the lock bar hasps are included because in all the MMR pics I've seen they are missing and have black carriage bolts in its place.

No need to check, as it's already been confirmed they won't have the hasps.

I'm still wondering if they will come with a coin box.

#4690 9 years ago

Pinball Life's Description reads; A nice "finishing touch" to any restored game. They should add; or NIB game

#4691 9 years ago

i wonder if you guys are getting stern pinballs for your 8k or is that extra

#4692 9 years ago

New quote to add to MM:

"They took our coin mechs!!"

#4693 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i wonder if you guys are getting stern pinballs for your 8k or is that extra

lol good one. Yeah those are such an eyesore. $7k+ LE Stern game and you get raw ball bearings.

#4695 9 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I may take you up on that offer, if I can't find any in my basement. I'm local too.

Done and you are welcome to come by to pick them up, play and hang out any day of the weeknight after 9pm once I put my daughter to bed or weekends too.

#4696 9 years ago

After paying the balance on MMr, there won't be any coins left to put through the coin door. Non issue IMO. Will it come with a power cord?

#4697 9 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Done and you are welcome to come by to pick them up, play and hang out any day of the weeknight after 9pm once I put my daughter to bed or weekends too.

Wow, kind offer. I've pm'd you.

#4698 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After paying the balance on MMr, there won't be any coins left to put through the coin door. Non issue IMO. Will it come with a power cord?

You don't remove the power cord and replace it with your own as well?

#4699 9 years ago

What color power cord are you choosing?

#4700 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You don't remove the power cord and replace it with your own as well?

No, I was thinking maybe it would be a nice touch to have the original one powder coated gold.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 64.99
There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.