(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 213 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5463 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 110.
#4501 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I was really hoping for a positivefirst hand prospective of the gold. considering everybody now that has seen it speaks negatively about it. I now think that I'm changing it to black. If I don't like it, I'll put the legs on my Shadow. I was planning on getting my legs powdercoat on it anyway. now if I don't like the black on MM, I'll swap them onto6 The Shadow and send out that hardware to get powdercoated to my liking for the MM. No real loss.

I saw the gold first hand at TPF and NWPAS, and although I agree it's not the shiny gold everyone probably expected I like it the best. At first I was a bit shocked by the hint of mustard in the powercoat, but the more I've looked at it the more I like. And it has the LE feel to it.

But we all have different tastes, which is ok, and I'm really glad there are options. Just wanted to say that not everyone who's seen it think negatively about it.

#4502 5 years ago
Quoted from Fuse:

Hey guys no expert here, but I've heard a bit about the explicit call outs. Was this standard in the original and could be changed to "family" mode. Or am I dreaming this up. Basically will the mmr have this same option? Thanks

The original default was family mode. A subsequent revision added the explicit call out (I only remember one) and a setting for family mode.

#4503 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The original default was family mode. A subsequent revision added the explicit call out (I only remember one) and a setting for family mode.

Ok thanks

#4504 5 years ago

Have you considered making a muppet movie yet?

#4505 5 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

considering everybody now that has seen it speaks negatively about it.

TaTa... please note: I'm not speaking negatively about the "gold". I personally don't care for it, like I do the trim on my IJ & TOM. It's not the same, in my opinion. With that, there are many who do like the "gold" with a hint of mustard.

#4506 5 years ago

I am going to get mine in black . I was leaning towards black but was afraid it would have a Data East/ Stern feel. So I showed my wife the picture of all three lined up and she right away chose the black. I asked her why and she said that the silver looked non LE , and the gold did not look as good to her when focusing on the front of the cabinet looking at the decals and legs. She thought the black looked richer and went well with the decals. The only thing we wished was a smother black finish. The finish in the closeup picture looks like a fairly rough one? Is it smooth?? Someone who has seen it in person please chine in and let me know how smooth the finish is compared to Stern's.

Just our opinion not saying the gold is not a good choice.
Black is our choice!

Rob

#4507 5 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

I am going to get mine in black . I was leaning towards black but was afraid it would have a Data East/ Stern feel. So I showed my wife the picture of all three lined up and she right away chose the black. I asked her why and she said that the silver looked non LE , and the gold did not look as good to her when focusing on the front of the cabinet looking at the decals and legs. She thought the black looked richer and went well with the decals. The only thing we wished was a smother black finish. The finish in the closeup picture looks like a fairly rough one? Is it smooth?? Someone who has seen it in person please chine in and let me know how smooth the finish is compared to Stern's.
Black is our choice!
Rob

Smooth as a baby's ass! That "pitted" pic was a sample NOT chosen. Smooth shiny black is the final choice.

#4508 5 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

Black is our choice!
Rob

the original plan when black was first introduced as an option was to have a rough black finish like Stern Pro models (which is probably the closeup you're talking about), but that was later changed to a smooth "shiny" semi-gloss instead.

#4509 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Smooth as a baby's ass! That "pitted" pic was a sample NOT chosen. Smooth shiny black is the final choice.

Quoted from pezpunk:

the original plan when black was first introduced as an option was to have a rough black finish like Stern Pro models (which is probably the closeup you're talking about), but that was later changed to a smooth "shiny" semi-gloss instead.

OK now I am very happy!!!!! That is the best news I have heard all day! Really excited about owning one soon!

Thanks,
Rob

#4510 5 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

Someone who has seen it in person please chine in and let me know how smooth the finish is compared to Stern's.

The black is way smooth! It's more of a semi-gloss black vs. gloss, but very smooth. I saw them (gold and black leg samples) today at BAA.

#4511 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

The black is way smooth! It's more of a semi-gloss black vs. gloss, but very smooth. I saw them (gold and black leg samples) today at BAA.

Great thanks Kerry!

Rob

#4512 5 years ago
Quoted from gaspumprob:

Black is our choice!
Rob

Showed the the same 3 lined up pics to the wife and family.
It was a unanimous choice for the black.

#4513 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The price is tbd but will be somewhere like $125 + shipping

Can buyers of MMr through other distributors still get this deal?

#4514 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Can buyers of MMr through other distributors still get this deal?

at this point it is for Planetary Pinball direct mmr customers ...

#4515 5 years ago

JJP offered a deal on glass if you payed with check or wire transfer.

#4516 5 years ago

Paid in full for my gold yesterday! Can't wait to play it!

#4517 5 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

JJP offered a deal on glass if you payed with check or wire transfer.

Works out to about 200 bucks on jjp glass with the discount shipped to ca

#4518 5 years ago

Since all the JJP folks are paying in full, what are you guys paying for shipping?

#4519 5 years ago

Rick any truth to the rumor that there now will be no more games beyond the initial 1,000 due to cancellations?

#4520 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Since all the JJP folks are paying in full, what are you guys paying for shipping?

We're paying in full for the game. Shipping will be paid for separately when the game is ready to ship.

#4521 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Rick any truth to the rumor that there now will be no more games beyond the initial 1,000 due to cancellations?

Did you read this in any post by Teekee on MMr in the last 10 months, or is there a credible source?

#4522 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did you read this in any post by Teekee on MMr in the last 10 months, or is there a credible source?

VERY credible source and I will not throw that source under the bus.

#4523 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

no truth to the rumor, but wouldn't that be funny if we decided to do that ... then the LE's would be worth more for the people that didn't want to flip them ... lol!

rick

#4524 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

no truth to the rumor, but wouldn't that be funny if we decided to do that ... then the LE's would be worth more for the people that didn't want to flip them ... lol!
rick

The rumor came from one of your top distributors Rick so what gives?

#4525 5 years ago

Ignore

#4526 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Was going to be snarky but ignore

Probably a good idea as I'm not trying to stir anything up. I had a few on pre-order and cancelled them all. I'll take Rick at his word. Personally, I'd rather see them concentrate on another game like WH20 or CCC.

Anyway, no more comments for me as I'm satisfied.

#4527 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Eggbert, was the distributor trying to get you to buy one when he told you that? Maybe he wanted you to goat you into buying one

It's goad Tom and no. I already had a pre-order with that distributor.

#4528 5 years ago

Yeah its goad, I fixed it and then erased before you responded. Just thinking a distrib wants to make $. But if he knew you were already in, dunno.. Maybe he thought you'd get another one to flip? Oh well. Congrats on your game.. I would be totally in on this as well if TBL didn't go down at same time.

#4529 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

The rumor came from one of your top distributors Rick so what gives?

Sounds like a distributor trying to sell games.

#4531 5 years ago

I can quote all 4 that have responded to my last post and each one of you have complimented this particular distributor in a prior thread.

#4532 5 years ago

If I remember correctly, Rick said he will make as many standards as there is demand for. It will be interesting to see if more demand is generated once people start seeing and playing MMr.

I guess if no more demand is generated, the LEs would be it and the distributor would be right.

#4533 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

If I remember correctly, Rick said he will make as many standards as there is demand for. It will be interesting to see if more demand is generated once people start seeing and playing MMr.
I guess if there is no more demand the LEs would be it and the distributor would be right.

Let's NOT go there. I'm sure the game will be awesome. The problem is that in this economy $8K + shipping is not easy to come by. Many had eyes bigger than their original "OMG MM is being remade" stomachs. As for me, I'm getting an IMVE so that explains the cancellation.

#4534 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Let's NOT go there. I'm sure the game will be awesome. The problem is that in this economy $8K + shipping is not easy to come by. Many had eyes bigger than their original "OMG MM is being remade" stomachs. As for me, I'm getting an IMVE so that explains the cancellation.

Go where? I think the game will be awesome too. My statement was meant to be neutral to positive in tone regarding MMr.

#4535 5 years ago

I know OPs love MM. I talk to a few around here and it still earns like crazy so they might even order more of them?

#4536 5 years ago

I don't care how many are made, just that mine is. We know 1000 LEs will be made with some number of standards to follow. We know LEs and standards will be available as NIB and HUO this year and into next. Everyone who wants one will be able to get one.

The only thing I don't know is where I am in the production queue for JPP orders.

#4537 5 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

The only thing I don't know is where I am in the production queue for JPP orders.

That makes 2 of us.

#4538 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That makes 2 of us.

I don't think it is going to be possible to figure out where you stand in the production line. Based on JJP's email, the games will be built in batches by color trim, but which color goes first is anyone's guess. Gold? The color with the most orders? Stainless because there isn't as much prep and finish work involved? I haven't seen Rick comment on which trim is getting produced first.

JJP also said that the sooner you pay the balance the sooner Chicago Gaming gets paid and the sooner you will be added to JJP's queue of customers in the category of color choices.

I paid by wire today. Hopefully I'm high up in the gold queue and that gold runs first. I guess we just have to sit back and enjoy the ride to the finish line.

Anyone who paid by check/wire, are you getting the invisiglass? I'm still on the fence...

#4539 5 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

I don't think it is going to be possible to figure out where you stand in the production line. Based on JJP's email, the games will be built in batches by color trim, but which color goes first is anyone's guess. Gold? The color with the most orders? Stainless because there isn't as much prep and finish work involved? I haven't seen Rick comment on which trim is getting produced first.
JJP also said that the sooner you pay the balance the sooner Chicago Gaming gets paid and the sooner you will be added to JJP's queue of customers in the category of color choices.
I paid by wire today. Hopefully I'm high up in the gold queue and that gold runs first. I guess we just have to sit back and enjoy the ride to the finish line.
Anyone who paid by check/wire, are you getting the invisiglass? I'm still on the fence...

Yep, I went for the glass...figured that was as cheap as your going to find it. I too am wondering which batch will go first...i'm in the black batch.

#4540 5 years ago
Quoted from S37VEN:

Anyone who paid by check/wire, are you getting the invisiglass?

Yup. It's a lot of money, but it does look great. I can't afford to do it for all of my pins, but for MMR it seems worth it.

#4541 5 years ago

Yeah I'll probably just go for it since I plan to make the hour drive down and pick it up in order to save on shipping and get a quick tour. I played a Monster Bash with invisiglass. It was pretty ridiculous.

#4542 5 years ago

Get the glass! Best mod ever invented for Pinball....
(ok...second after color DMD)

#4543 5 years ago

If Ted says go for it, then it's a must! Ted did I miss a NJ get together this year? Wasn't it about this time last year that we did the pin bar crawl ending at Nelson's?

#4544 5 years ago

No, you didn't miss it. Nothing happened so far except the fantastic EM get together which I missed...

#4545 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I wouldn't be surprised if the number dropped below 1000 now since the money is due, however I think a lot of this is due to people sitting back and wanting to wait and see how it turns out. I think if PPS would cap it to 1000 LE's they would be leaving money on the table because I could see them selling a lot more standards if it turns out to be a success. And if PPS announced today they were limiting it to 1000 LE's and there will be no standards you can bet the remainder would sell out before the end of the day because all the people wanting to wait and see would have to make a decision or risk missing out.

#4546 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

So you never emailed about canceling for 8 months until the day it's due?? Christ!

You're missing the entire point regarding this issue of refundability. it never should have been abrupt notice that orders were now final with no specific warning. From the get-go, Rick indicated that deposits would be refundable up to a certain date, basically when WMS signed off on the game, and that all pre-orders would get notice of the date and an opportunity to cancel. There have been many updates and inquiries here about when the cancellation cut-off date was, and the responses (and understanding) were generally that the WMS approval was NOT the cut-off date (it happened a while back), and that customers would get notice to cancel their order before it became nonrefundable.

So, as any reasonable person would believe, there was no need to cancel your MMr pre-order and get your deposit back until you received specific notice that it was time to cancel or lock in the order. For people who were on the fence, or didn't need the deposit back right away, it was assumed that they would get specific notice of when the order would be locked in, with a chance to cancel. So to get an email now saying full payment is due, with NO chance to cancel and get a refund, is simply wrong.

Rick has stated here that orders become nonrefundable as of July 10. That statement was not limited to just PP direct customers, but to all MMr orders. That is a fair policy with adequate notice (a few days), given all the statements made to date about refundability. The fact that some distributors are not going along with this refund deadline is bad business. I hope Rick straightens it out with his distributors.

#4547 5 years ago

Sorry but as someone with a deposit in I tend to disagree. Its on me to ask the guy I gave my money to if I have more time. Williams approval came and went and then 2nd quarter ended. Every day you sit thinking maybe tomorrow they will cut off the date is pure foolishness.
But to be fair at the same time if you send any kind of cut off notice it has to give the person x amount of days. So yeah that distro is being a dick. Oddly enough it sounds like the same two I don't think much of are the same ones doing just that. Not shocked.

#4548 5 years ago

I got the glass from JJP

#4550 5 years ago

Long time reader, first time poster...

I put a deposit down when the announcement was made with JJP. Based on what I read here, I thought there would be a courtesy email and grace period from each distributor before deposits were locked in. Guess I was wrong. Sure, I had time to cancel but I really truly thought we would be given at least an email heads up from the distributor before deposits weren't refundable. Now Jack / PinballSales won't even respond to my emails.

What gives?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
There are 5463 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside