(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 110.
#401 10 years ago
Quoted from Triumvirat73:

Would the people that didn't make the cut for the LE be happier if they hadn't decided to run standards to give everyone an opportunity to own one?
Can we please find something new to moan about. This whole LE/Standard nonsense is getting old. Quickly.

Then don't read it

#402 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Then don't read it

Very helpful. Thanks. I'll stop reading progress updates because some people refuse to stop flogging a long dead horse. Makes sense.

#403 10 years ago

Can we please find something new to moan about.

How about going back to the BS $8k price tag they're charging

#405 10 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Again, I may not even be a buyer, but if guys are paying 8 grand for an LE, and guys who didn't get in early are paying 8grand for a std. What the hell is the difference if 1000 people send hate mail? I'd think the guys paying the same price for a seemingly lesser product and having to wait longer have the true gripe?

If you aren't even a buyer, why do you care? There are only 1000 LEs because that's what Rick and Matt decided there would be. If anyone thinks the SE is 'a lesser product' or not worth the price, they won't (or shouldn't) buy it.

What PPS is doing for the pinball community is wonderful. I'm getting really tired of reading posts complaining about what wasn't done rather than applauding what was done. You don't like that the game is $8k? Don't buy it. You really want an LE? Get on a wait list now or wait and buy an HUO one down the line.

#406 10 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Again, I may not even be a buyer, but if guys are paying 8 grand for an LE, and guys who didn't get in early are paying 8grand for a std. What the hell is the difference if 1000 people send hate mail? I'd think the guys paying the same price for a seemingly lesser product and having to wait longer have the true gripe?

If you're not a buyer then shut up please

#407 10 years ago
Quoted from tmort:

Why not make more LE's if the demand is there?

Are you aware of the fact that "LE" means "LIMITED edition"?

#408 10 years ago

all ... it is what it is - LE's, Stds, Price, etc ... none of which will change, and lots of reasons why things are what they are. Next topic?

#409 10 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Are you aware of the fact that "LE" means "LIMITED edition"?

Thought it meant that it has "Literally Everything" as the standard for the same price

#410 10 years ago
Quoted from TronGuy:

Well as a company that is new to the manufacturing game it is probably important that customers trust what you say. Those that got in on the LE had to go off of very little information and put down 1K to secure it. Standard owners have the luxury of being able to wait to see how the LE run goes before putting money down. That is unless they want the game sooner rather than later and are willing to put down a deposit. So there was an incentive for people to make the jump and be in on the project early not the first time we have seen that happen.

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : I edited the post before you got your response posted. Point is LE buyers had to act quick not knowing all the details. I know I didn't

#411 10 years ago

The great news is a) we reacted quickly when we sold out of LE's and pulled plans that we didn't really think about in within 24 hours to give people the chance to see that they could get a game, b) LE owners have something which is limited, c) LE does not mean none of the standard model (i alluded to it at the show that these could be considered) - an LE of a car model does not mean there is no std version, so I'm not sure how/where people were unaware, as I'm not sure of examples in pinball or otherwise where LE implies no standard model ... not to pick on, but I think we sorted out a best solution we could in a situation that has never been seen before (selling out <1 day) for keeping LE's special as well at giving people opportunity to get a game.

#412 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The great news is a) we reacted quickly when we sold out of LE's and pulled plans that we didn't really think about in within 24 hours to give people the chance to see that they could get a game, b) LE owners have something which is limited, c) LE does not mean none of the standard model (i alluded to it at the show that these could be considered) - an LE of a car model does not mean there is no std version, so I'm not sure how/where people were unaware, as I'm not sure of examples in pinball or otherwise where LE implies no standard model ... not to pick on, but I think we sorted out a best solution we could in a situation that has never been seen before (selling out <1 day) for keeping LE's special as well at giving people opportunity to get a game.

Ya done good mate. Nuff said.

#413 10 years ago

Rick,

I responded back to your email on Wed about waiting list and waiting to see what happens. No problem getting in the deposit if get the email back approved. PM me if needed. Best thing about LE is having the shaker now that you did what everyone wanted in giving us extra coat or clear coat on both versions or whatever its called. Thanks.

#414 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

It seems like a plaque just like the one for addams family gold would be appropriate.
http://img-f.pinside.com/201310/1202930/146018.jpg

Agreed, I think the Addams plaque is perfect!

#415 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think it would look pretty cool.

DSCF5702.jpg 0

Well, I wouldn't want to see that giant white box...just the logo, naturally fitting on the background like the Williams one would be fine.

Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

No, please don't put that logo on. I would have to buy a new speaker panel and translite.

I have a feeling "purists" are gonna buy a new Williams logo speaker panel and Williams logo translite anyway lol...something about it not having any logo seems "bootleggy" to me, I dunno...anyway - I'm not gonna lobby hard for it - just throwing it out there. Rick will do what he wants to do!

#416 10 years ago

Rick,

I'm in on the LE run through JJP, (down payment has already been accepted).

Will I be able to pick up the machine from the manufacturer to save myself the shipping fees?

If so, will I have to pay sales tax?

#417 10 years ago

he already answerd that and yes you can pick it up. But I'm not sure on the tax I wouldnt think so because you did not buy it in state.

#418 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

all ... it is what it is - LE's, Stds, Price, etc ... none of which will change, and lots of reasons why things are what they are. Next topic?

Will I be able to buy an extra translite directly from PPS?

#419 10 years ago

I know it's far off at this point, but for the run of standards, are you planning to just do one run? Or would smaller runs be considered say in 2 years if demand is there? Similiar to how stern has done with their better selling games.

#420 10 years ago

Probably in hindsight it might have been easier to announce "an initial run of 1000" but not limit yourself to anything. The LE designation really boxed you in.

#422 10 years ago

WAIT WAIT WAIT A SEC HERE....

So you're bitching about paying 8k for the same thing, but yet WoZ owners got LE's for 1500$ ***LESS*** than you're going to pay for a WOZ STANDARD or a HOBBIT, and you're completely okay buying that?! Yeah, that makes sense!

#423 10 years ago

PinballInc - aka James - seems to be doing a great effort at CYA, though I'm not sure why unless he's a buyer on this as well.

If they don't fit...great? You can make some new molds with minor tweaks and gain a ton of new customers. If they DO fit...great? You just got a ton of new potential customers for free? Your only culpability seems to be to label the current ramps as "MAY NOT FIT REPRO MM UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE" until you get a chance to find out... easy enough...

#424 10 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Agreed, I think the Addams plaque is perfect!

+1

#425 10 years ago

I don't have any idea how much the production cost is, all-in. Typically companies try to increase their profit, not cannibalize it.
A guy can dream though... Gold plated. Mmmmm...
And gold doesn't tarnish, so, hmmm. Oh but gold plating does wear, so, back to square one.

Two words: solid gold.

#426 10 years ago

Yeah, believe the dude on the sidelines making after market ramps but question the guy making MMr (in collaboration with Williams overseers) who also happens to own the license for all B/W parts?

What exactly does "insider knowledge" mean to you anyway?

#427 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Probably in hindsight it might have been easier to announce "an initial run of 1000" but not limit yourself to anything. The LE designation really boxed you in.

Boxed them into what? They sold out the LE way faster than expected, and went on to announce an essentially identical SE (which was alluded to as a possibility in the intro speech). Seems like they did what they would have done if the orders hadn't been so heavy, they were just expecting to sell the machines over 3 weeks instead of 3 hours.

#428 10 years ago

You are quick, I deleted the comment as I didn't want to start trouble. The PinballInc guys aren't just random guys on the sideline, they've done a lot for pinball and my guess are pretty well connected. I don't think it's a sour grapes issue, I think he was coming out and saying that the game will be more different than we think, and he is probably in a position to know.

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yeah, believe the dude on the sidelines making after market ramps but question the guy making MMr (in collaboration with Williams overseers) who also happens to own the license for all B/W parts?

What exactly does "insider knowledge" mean to you anyway?

#429 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You are quick, I deleted the comment as I didn't want to start trouble. The PinballInc guys aren't just random guys on the sideline, they've done a lot for pinball and my guess are pretty well connected. I don't think it's a sour grapes issue, I think he was coming out and saying that the game will be more different than we think, and he is probably in a position to know.

Watching from the sidelines it had the appearance of sour grapes! Sounds like they got shut out of the project.

jmho

#430 10 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

But I'm not sure on the tax I wouldnt think so because you did not buy it in state.

I'm not an expert, nor a tax attorney, but deal with taxes from an eCommerce standpoint. In the internet world, which I believe reflects the real world in this case, you pay tax when you buy something from a company that has a physical presence in your state. Many states expect you to pay the sales tax for the item on your state tax return if you did not pay the sales tax on an out of state purchase (yeah, bet this happens a lot -- not).

PPS does not have a location in Illinois, so the act of picking it up in Chicago should not result in a tax burden, if you have bought from them. However, if you buy from an Illinois based distributor, that is likely a different scenario. If you buy from a distributor in the state you live in, you are likely going to pay tax. I am not sure of the scenario of buying from a distributor in your state, but picking it up in Chicago, my guess is you will pay tax, since you bought it from someone with a physical presence in your State.

#431 10 years ago

Yah, I don't know, it's all so cryptic and passive aggressive feeling. I'll stop commenting in the FAQ thread now. Sorry to de-rail, I wish I got to the delete faster.

Quoted from Concretehardt:

Watching from the sidelines it had the appearance of sour grapes! Sounds like they got shut out of the project.

jmho

#432 10 years ago

jmho

Bingo

#434 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

if we used mirco's 24carat gold ... like copper we would have people stealing the trim off the mmr games in the middle of the night ... lol

Well for the minimal actual gold involved in plating, I don't think so. It certainly would make the games special. Gold plate with clear finish could be the best option for avoiding tarnish. Just please don't go the gold powder coated route. Yuck.

#435 10 years ago

Here is a post from a fellow member who had test played the machine and his words describing it:

(member: Pinballphil)

OK, First I'm a little reluctant to even post since I'm selling these quickly without even advertising. I have been in the Home Arcade business full-time since 1978 and have never seen such a buzz about a new release before. I've been dealing with Chicago Gaming for 20 years. I was involved since the beginning of this project as well as their successful Arcade Legends game. My main business is home service calls and I am very busy in the Chicagoland area. I only say that because I am not a regular pinsider and don't really have time to get involved. I can offer periodical updates. I personally know the owner of the factory producing this game and I can say that they are a very reputable company that has been in business for over 100 years. They build many cabinets for many coin-op brands. I've even seen an antique trade stimulator that had their name stamped on the cabinet inside.

Now for the best news!! I just played the prototype yesterday. It is awesome! It plays just like the original with their new electronics. It's still early in the stages but it is a phenomenal copy of the original. It is running with Williams software and their own new electronics. I will say from a technician's view, the new system is incredible. It will make service so easy. Connectors for switches, no lamp or switch matrix, interchangeable processor/driver boards, a reliable cpu, a lot less wires. Did I say a lot less wires, I mean like hardly any! As for reliability, these surface mount LED's and components have improved so dramatically with cell phones that there is no reason to ever consider building a pinball the old way. Let me ask, who's worried about the bouncing of their cell phone in their pocket? I really think the vibration issue isn't an issue at all. As for the LED's, they look great! Their light fill the lenses completely, with a perfect hue and no strobing at all. The cabinet looks better than any repro I've seen. I'm not just saying that, I'd stake my 35 years in the industry on it.

I have a limited number of these LE beauties available. I am also offering extended warranty packages. I don't want to list my phone number but check out my website to find it or email me through pinside if you are interested.
Thanks for understanding and I will email updates to all my clients and try to post on pinside as I see the progression

#437 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Also, we had sent out yesterday (WEDS AM Oct 23) the 'order' confirms that we received from Friday/Weekend about the LE's before cutting off (as we had exceeded per our PPS allocation).
We are working thru those, so if you can please reply to them that would be great, and then get your deposit check mailed when you receive a message with an order # (that is the key for LE's!).
I'm not talking about standards, which is slightly different, as you can send in your deposit now which will put you in place in line for the standard.
SO, for LE's we are working thru the process and as slots free up (because of duplicate orders with another distributor, non-response, did not want to order for whatever reason), we will move to the next people in our list to give them a chance to order.
Thanks for your patience.
rick

Hi Rick, thanks so much for answering all of our questions regarding the MMR. I see you mentioned as duplicate orders and non-response orders are sorted out people that have paid their deposit for a standard will slowly be contacted and offered the LE's as they free up. I'm wondering if that is the case with all the distributers or if I've sent in my $1000 deposit for a standard and that's what I'm getting? I was told that I was close but missed it.

#440 10 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Hi Rick, thanks so much for answering all of our questions regarding the MMR. I see you mentioned as duplicate orders and non-response orders are sorted out people that have paid their deposit for a standard will slowly be contacted and offered the LE's as they free up. I'm wondering if that is the case with all the distributers or if I've sent in my $1000 deposit for a standard and that's what I'm getting? I was told that I was close but missed it.

From what I understood from an earlier response from Rick, this would be up to the individual distributors on how to handle this.

#441 10 years ago

I received an email from pinballsales this morning saying that I was up for a MMR LE. I thought I missed the boat on the LE's.

#442 10 years ago

I think a bunch of people that thought they wouldn't get one, will. Soooo many people put in multiple orders...

#443 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

I would rather my 8 grand go to proven quality than speculative quality.

What exactly is proven quality in pinball now a days? I'm in for MMr and Zombie Adventure Land, both not even close to release. Others are in for WoZ, Hobbit, ST, or Predator, etc. Some of those pins haven't been released and those that are, have technical problems or unfinished software. Hell, my nearly two old X-Men LE has disappointed me to tears. What about MET? I believe that MMr in general is no more risky than the others, probably less so.

#444 10 years ago
Quoted from taz:

What exactly is proven quality in pinball now a days? I'm in for MMr and Zombie Adventure Land, both not even close to release. Others are in for WoZ, Hobbit, ST, or Predator, etc. Some of those pins haven't been released and those that are, have technical problems or unfinished software. Hell, my nearly two old X-Men LE has disappointed me to tears. What about MET? I believe that MMr in general is no more risky than the others, probably less so.

I'm speaking of build quality. It's just my opinion.

#445 10 years ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I received an email from pinballsales this morning saying that I was up for a MMR LE. I thought I missed the boat on the LE's.

Congrats!!

#446 10 years ago

I thank you for the rerun and I appreciate that LE gets a plaque and trim preference. They also get the free shaker. My only head scratcher was when you said the playfield's would differ. Thanks for realizing that was not a good thing. Looking forward to my non LE that I have a deposit on thru Little Shop of Games.

Question: I saw you addressed the distributor's who sold LE's I think it would be good to give the non LE distributors as well. I have not seen that list.

#447 10 years ago

Did any one hear if JJ / GEX was allotted any LE MM?

#448 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Well as a company that is new to the manufacturing game it is probably important that customers trust what you say. Those that got in on the LE had to go off of very little information and put down 1K to secure it. Standard owners have the luxury of being able to wait to see how the LE run goes before putting money down. That is unless they want the game sooner rather than later and are willing to put down a deposit. So there was an incentive for people to make the jump and be in on the project early not the first time we have seen that happen.
Post edited by The_Dude_Abides : I edited the post before you got your response posted. Point is LE buyers had to act quick not knowing all the details. I know I didn't

makes sense-I can tell I worded my response in a way that seemed negative, sorry about that.

#449 10 years ago

Did any one here if JJ / GEX was allotted any LE MM?

I'm wondering the same thing.

#450 10 years ago

Did any one here if JJ / GEX was allotted any LE MM?

Yes we got some, But the Firm # is still up in the Air At PPS. And of course the Standards

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.