(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 110.
#4301 9 years ago

Yup me to. Color picked and check sent.

#4302 9 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Just got email for balance and trim choice from jjp....

me too

#4303 9 years ago

Automated says they will be calling to collect the balance as soon as the "pinballs are closer to shipping"

#4304 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I wonder what trim options will be available on the next PPS title

My vote - red or gloss black

#4305 9 years ago

Has anyone received any correspondence from twisted pins yet?

#4306 9 years ago

Only a month ago the gold wasn't popular at all....the winds of change move swiftlyWinds Of Change.jpgWinds Of Change.jpg

#4307 9 years ago
Quoted from Gangplank:

Only a month ago the gold wasn't popular at all....the winds of change move swiftly

Winds Of Change.jpg 27 KB

And it's the same gold. I think some gold choosers are going to be disappointed...

#4308 9 years ago

Anyone from canada been contacted from starburst yet?

#4309 9 years ago
Quoted from Fuse:

No, I was wondering the same thing?

#4310 9 years ago

Anyone contacted by PPS yet? About color or full payment?

#4311 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

No, I was wondering the same thing?

Nope. I just sent an email to Starburst Toronto to see when they might need the info.

#4312 9 years ago

I tried SB...no dice.
I have an MMRLE on order from JJP...still haven't received any email requesting payment??

#4313 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Automated says they will be calling to collect the balance as soon as the "pinballs are closer to shipping"

Same here. Got the email this afternoon.

#4314 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigboythursday:

I have not yet.

#4315 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I tried SB...no dice.
I have an MMRLE on order from JJP...still haven't received any email requesting payment??

I just chose my color and replied to JJP.
Maybe they are building out distributors one at a time or JJP just wants the money faster? Who knows.

#4316 9 years ago
Quoted from Fuse:

I contacted Adam at Starburst. If I hear from him tomorrow I'll report back here.

#4317 9 years ago

Thanx,I guess we have to wait a few more days?

#4318 9 years ago
Quoted from Bigboythursday:

I got a generic sales order receipt says trim not selected with two of the three colors. I payed for it in full already, yet I don't think anything denotes that it was fully payed for, unless I'm reading it wrong. I never made the initial 1000 deposit I was really late to the party so I flat out sent Rick payment in full and he said he was fine with that at the time. As far as I can tell its simply a way for me to reference my order. Not Sure if that's what your referring to.. If so than I've had that form / .pdf for several days directly from pps.

#4319 9 years ago

I also received an email from JJP. I was under the impression that the balance was due when the game ships. Why the sudden change in up front full payment?

#4320 9 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

I also received an email from JJP. I was under the impression that the balance was due when the game ships. Why the sudden change in up front full payment?

Because JJP always likes his money first! And to hold it as long as possible.

#4321 9 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

I was under the impression that the balance was due when the game ships.

I remember reading that the balance would be due a couple of weeks or maybe ten days or something like that before the game ships. But like so many threads or farts in the wind, that statement seems to have vanished. I can't find it. You might actually be getting your machine in couple of weeks. I believe they are getting ready to crank them out.

#4322 9 years ago

sorry if is been answered b4 but will the backbox hinges match the colour of the trim or is there one standard colour

#4323 9 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

sorry if is been answered b4 but will the backbox hinges match the colour of the trim or is there one standard colour

good question.

#4324 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

It's easy to remove ... just need to take a razor knife and separate the double faced tape.
You surely aren't suggesting that we design a new side trim with new fastening which is not std for wms are you?

Now that's an idea for all us folks that have run out of room for pins and as such they face each other and one can not remove the glass!

I've always thought that an updated side trim (with a hinge mech) to allow the glass to be removed without having to slide it out the front would be a great mod for us room-packed pin collectors...

#4325 9 years ago
Quoted from NathanP:

I was under the impression that the balance was due when the game ships. Why the sudden change in up front full payment?

I found it, at expo Rick said, "The game will cost $7,995 with a $1,000 deposit, the remaining balance being due 1 week before the game ships."

My source: http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2013/index.html and there are probably a few hundred other people that heard this and were under the same impression.

#4326 9 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

No. All will be black

#4327 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I got a generic sales order receipt says trim not selected with two of the three colors. I payed for it in full already, yet I don't think anything denotes that it was fully payed for, unless I'm reading it wrong. I never made the initial 1000 deposit I was really late to the party so I flat out sent Rick payment in full and he said he was fine with that at the time. As far as I can tell its simply a way for me to reference my order. Not Sure if that's what your referring to.. If so than I've had that form / .pdf for several days directly from pps.

We are not referring to the original order form, this will be a new email asking about the color choices of the trim and confirming that the deposit is locked in.

#4328 9 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I found it, at expo Rick said, "The game will cost $7,995 with a $1,000 deposit, the remaining balance being due 1 week before the game ships."
My source: http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2013/index.html and there are probably a few hundred other people that heard this and were under the same impression.

That was my understanding too. Here's the email from Automated Services:

The production of the Medieval Madness is about to begin in the next couple weeks. As of the date of this letter, all deposits are final and no refunds will be given. Also if you have not chosen a trim color, you must choose one by July 11th. All trim choices will be final. If we do not hear from you we will pick a color at random for you. Your trim choices are below. Once the pinballs are closer to shipping we will be calling to collect the final balances due on account.

1. Black
2. Gold
3. Stainless/Zinc (Silver)

#4329 9 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

That was my understanding too.

My impression of how Rick was handling the MM payment process was that he specifically wanted to avoid the pay and wait...and wait...and wait scenario that many (myself) went through with WOZ. And now this whole scenario is being started again by one distributor who wants payment now. I've never said which distributor, but I don't think it would be too hard for anyone to guess. And it is being done under the guise of, "The sooner you pay the balance the sooner you will be added to our queue of customers in the category of color choices." In other words, pay up to reserve your spot in the build. I don't think that's how this was designed to work, my DEPOSIT reserved my spot. If the rules have changed, I guess they'd better plan to send my deposit back, this is not what I signed up for.

#4330 9 years ago

JJP wants your money !

#4331 9 years ago

Everyone just stop your whining, just pick your trim option and pay in full. Within 4-6 weeks once games go into production you will get it. I'm guessing they can pump out 150-200 a week. I'm also going to guess by Monday July 21st at the latest is when they will start to be produced, that's a little over 2 weeks until production. The games will probably be shipped in "batches" depending on what retailer you obtained your preorder from, in addition to region. At the end of the day we will all receive our MMRLE's in a timely manor. Can I please get a photo factory shot of the MMRLE's being made on the Stern line... who can provide that in 2 weeks ?

#4332 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Everyone just stop your whining, just pick your trim option and pay in full. Within 4-6 weeks once games go into production you will get it.

I've been down that road before. Fool me once...

#4333 9 years ago

I've been wanting to see this as well.

Quoted from mrclean:

Can I please get a photo factory shot of the MMRLE's being made on the Stern line...

Personally, I would have no problem paying in full right now. However, I 100% understand someone who wouldn't want to. JJP and how they do business has spooked a lot of people. I really believe PPS will knock every aspect of this out of the park, for the overall state of manufacturers other than Stern, I really hope, and think it's important that they do.

Quoted from mrclean:

Everyone just stop your whining, just pick your trim option and pay in full.

#4334 9 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

My impression of how Rick was handling the MM payment process was that he specifically wanted to avoid the pay and wait...and wait...and wait scenario that many (myself) went through with WOZ. And now this whole scenario is being started again by one distributor who wants payment now. I've never said which distributor, but I don't think it would be too hard for anyone to guess. And it is being done under the guise of, "The sooner you pay the balance the sooner you will be added to our queue of customers in the category of color choices." In other words, pay up to reserve your spot in the build. I don't think that's how this was designed to work, my DEPOSIT reserved my spot. If the rules have changed, I guess they'd better plan to send my deposit back, this is not what I signed up for.

What does it matter if they take now or a month from now? It has to leave you bank account at some point.

#4335 9 years ago

If it was a stern game and manufacturing was this close for an LE you would be paying up by now as well I would think.

#4336 9 years ago

If you need to pay within 3 weeks or within 2 months... it has to be paid once ...
When no money why ordering? I know for 5500eur an original MM with lot of wear for sale not far from my home, then better to buy this one (and sorry you need to pay immediately )

#4337 9 years ago

as of today I've heard nothing from JJP- but I shot out a note to Jack with a copy of my deposit confirmation asking next steps.

Each day that $$ is in my pocket is better for me anyway!

#4338 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

If it was a stern game and manufacturing was this close for an LE you would be paying up by now as well I would think.

Yup. That's what happened to me with STLE. I don't see that paying three or four weeks in advance of production is that big a deal.

#4339 9 years ago

I think people are worried production won't start in three or four weeks. They are worried about being JJP'd. I'm not worried about it, but I can understand if some people are.

Quoted from Craig:

Yup. That's what happened to me with STLE. I don't see that paying three or four weeks in advance of production is that big a deal.

#4340 9 years ago

Jack called me. I understand his situation and he understands mine. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I can say that he took the time to talk to me for 40 minutes on July 4th to try and explain the situation to a customer and I appreciate it.

#4341 9 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

as of today I've heard nothing from JJP- but I shot out a note to Jack with a copy of my deposit confirmation asking next steps.

I got my e-mail from Jack/Pinballsales yesterday.

#4342 9 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

What does it matter if they take now or a month from now? It has to leave you bank account at some point.

A month is no big deal, but I don't see where we've been assured a month or two is all we'll be waiting. I'm a pretty trusting guy, but I am not excited to pay in full for a game to be delivered who knows when.

#4343 9 years ago

Im just hoping the machine is heavy and not lightweight feeling and with a warped play field like many of the sterns i have played recently.

#4344 9 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

Jack called me. I understand his situation and he understands mine. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I can say that he took the time to talk to me for 40 minutes on July 4th to try and explain the situation to a customer and I appreciate it.

This pretty much sums up my experience with jjp as well, I've heard quite a few horror stories but my personal experience has always been positive and I've never had a problem reaching them to speak with them. Jack called me back about 5 minutes after I left him a message on Sunday, Memorial Day weekend. Any message I've left for Jen is usually responded back to within an hour or two. I've found their customer service to be outstanding, but again, these are only my personal experiences

#4345 9 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

I just got my email from JJP an hour ago - so they are still working on them it seems. The only thing I found a bit odd and not making sense is this:

"We will accept a credit card but there will be a 2.5% surcharge added. As an incentive and thank you for payment by check, money order or wire transfer, we are offering a standard size sheet of our Trademarked INVISIGLASS(tm) for your MMR at a discounted price of $175.00 plus shipping. That's a $120.00 savings off the regular price. This offer is valid while supplies last, one to a MMR game. This saves us 2.5% - 3.25% credit card fee."

It's not saving them anything to pay by check/MO/WT because they are charging 2.5% if you pay by credit card. Kind of strange.

Also - wasn't PPS going to offer LE buyers a discount on premium glass as well?

#4346 9 years ago

I thought you bailed?

Quoted from bemmett:

I got my e-mail from Jack/Pinballsales yesterday.

#4347 9 years ago
Quoted from Fuse:

I just got an email from Starburst to choose my trim colour for MMRLE, I chose Gold.

#4348 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I just got an email from Starburst to choose my trim colour for MMRLE, I chose Gold.

I got the same email. I chose gold as well.

#4349 9 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

I got the same email. I chose gold as well.

Nothing yet

#4350 9 years ago

So when we get the email, this is our last chance to pick trim color or cancel the order and get a refund of the deposit, correct?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 9.95
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 64.99
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/87 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.