(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 110.
#4251 9 years ago

alright i'm off to the LED OCD thread to spend 3 pages demanding blue diagnostic LEDs.

#4252 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If a second game is remade and there is still an option to select your own trim color, I will be shocked. The amount of drama this has caused is ridiculous. If I were Rick, you'd all be getting stainless, and you could deal with your own powdercoating.

On a toy this expensive options should be offered. Weird to me how so many pinheads ask makers to do less to keep the drama/hardship down. Really on a pin that is a remake that cost $8K plus shipping?? Well I for one want more options at that price tag not less.

#4253 9 years ago

I just got an email from my distributor to choose the color we are getting close!

#4254 9 years ago

I'm not a buyer… but the gold looks way better than I thought it would have.
I would go gold!

#4255 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Weird to me how so many pinheads ask makers to do less to keep the drama/hardship down. Really on a pin that is a remake that cost $8K plus shipping??

I felt a little heat yesterday for asking to see pics of the product that is for sale. It never made it to a show anywhere near here, and any shots of the final product have been grainy at best. One pic showed holes drilled for the lock down bar and another it looked like the colors were way off. I'm sorry if I came off a little cranky, but $8000 is a lot of money.

#4256 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

The gold looks way better than I thought it would have. I would go gold!

Nine out of ten Olympic athletes recommend going for the gold. (The tenth has an inferiority complex.)

#4257 9 years ago

On a toy this expensive options should be offered. Weird to me how so many pinheads ask makers to do less to keep the drama/hardship down. Really on a pin that is a remake that cost $8K plus shipping?? Well I for one want more options at that price tag not less.

The only reason options were offered is because the nature of the gold was such a mystery....and most pictures were taken in poor lighting or blurry. People started calling it "mustard". Don't get me wrong - Rick's done an amazing job communicating about everything....but good photography wasn't a strong suit. Had really nice pics of the gold trim been shown - there wouldn't have been a need for options.

So - if the next game is going to have colored trim, I think it would be beneficial to have professionally photographed "beauty shots" of the metal from the getgo. No surprises, no speculation - heres the color! Done!

#4258 9 years ago

That's not the point I was trying to make. I'm glad there are options. My point is that with the amount of bitching Rick's seeing now plus the amount of bitching he'll inevitably see once these actually ship, I'd be surprised if he will be willing to run that gauntlet again.

#4259 9 years ago

is it going to come with green trolls or red trolls... Trolls BAD discussion GOOD.
trolls.jpgtrolls.jpg

#4260 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

That's not the point I was trying to make. I'm glad there are options. My point is that with the amount of bitching Rick's seeing now plus the amount of bitching he'll inevitably see once these actually ship, I'd be surprised if he will be willing to run that gauntlet again.

I agree and think two things we can expect if they do another game is no LE's and no trim options.

#4261 9 years ago

Well it would be easy to offer trim options here forward, if these are the ones they pick and stay with.

#4262 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Well it would be easy to offer trim options here forward, if these are the ones they pick and stay with.

Not a bad idea. PPS could keep SS & SB on a permanent bases, while offering a custom color for each new tiltle

#4263 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Rick's done an amazing job communicating about everything....but good photography wasn't a strong suit. Had really nice pics of the gold trim been shown - there wouldn't have been a need for options.

This is the point I have been trying to make all along. When I was looking to purchase my first MM, I was given a link to an album that showed detailed pics of the entire machine. I had no problem coming to a decision in knowing exactly what I was getting.

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album459

#4264 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is the point I have been trying to make all along. When I was looking to purchase my first MM, I was given a link to an album that showed detailed pics of the entire machine. I had no problem coming to a decision in knowing exactly what I was getting.

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album459

Please!! Thats a high end restorer who documents all his work. Not the norm and not a NIB. We get a few pics for up front orders. MMr, Imv etc. Otherwise wait and buy after they out and around. You will see it in person or folks will take pics and post. No one will probably ever take the kind of pics you are talking about though. Thats pretty freaking rare.

#4265 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

How terrible to have long threads talking about your product. If anything I bet Coca Cola is now considering offering multiple can colors to generate buzz about their product : )

Actually, they just released their Coke (life I believe) in test markets. The can is green!!! Looks strange, but you're not far off!

#4266 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

If a second game is remade and there is still an option to select your own trim color, I will be shocked. blockquote>

I will be shocked as well ... lol.

#4267 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

No one will probably ever take the kind of pics you are talking about though. Thats pretty freaking rare.

You are exactly right! I might have been expecting a little much. I'm sure it will look just fine.

#4268 9 years ago

If i remember well; as per me Rick said that the shiny black was more sensitive for scratches?
It means the gold is more resistant for this?
Or maybe i red it wrong.

#4269 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You are exactly right! I might have been expecting a little much. I'm sure it will look just fine.

Stern always releases pics of what their various trim/versions look like. Granted, they're mostly Photoshopped...but still, they've been pretty accurate.

#4270 9 years ago
Quoted from dirkhermans:

If i remember well; as per me Rick said that the shiny black was more sensitive for scratches?
It means the gold is more resistant for this?
Or maybe i red it wrong.

Shiny/Smooth anything (especially black) will show more imperfections in the metal, any scratches, fingerprints, etc.

#4271 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

herg said:
If a second game is remade and there is still an option to select your own trim color, I will be shocked. blockquote>

I will be shocked as well ... lol.

Then please consider an easier to remove rail. Colored trim is clearly a fun mod most folks want. Which one is obviously where it varies. The old way of doing the rails sucks for changing them out and back them who would have. In todays world most of us want to.

As mentioned you could now have SS, Black and choose one cool them color for each release that fits and be a pinball god. You are now half way up mount olympus anyway ; )

#4272 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Then please consider an easier to remove rail. Colored trim is clearly a fun mod most folks want. Which one is obviously where it varies. The old way of doing the rails sucks for changing them out and back them who would have. In todays world most of us want to.
As mentioned you could now have SS, Black and choose one cool them color for each release that fits and be a pinball god. You are now half way up mount olympus anyway ; )

It's easy to remove ... just need to take a razor knife and separate the double faced tape.

You surely aren't suggesting that we design a new side trim with new fastening which is not std for wms are you?

#4273 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

You surely aren't suggesting that we design a new side trim with new fastening which is not std for wms are you?

I would but I know how that goes over...

#4274 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

It's easy to remove ... just need to take a razor knife and separate the double faced tape.

Isn't there a way to do it without tape, like the way Stern does it?

#4275 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Not happening. Saw an expert ruin MB decals by accident. Some guys will. Guys like me will have to find restored version in colors we like or keep our fingers crossed you find a non brain exploding solution. I know its a dumb thing but adding colors got you my 8k on this one. Anything but stainless will get you my money on the next. Feed back maybe worth having.
I also get it if mine and few other folks sales don't offset this insanity you dealt with. Its all good.

#4276 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Guys like me will have to find

A thin nylon spatula and take your time and gently split the double sided tape in half.

LTG : )™

#4277 9 years ago

So Rick, what trim would you choose?

#4278 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The old way of doing the rails sucks for changing them out

This part I do agree with, and I don't understand why coming up with a new solution would have been such a difficult task. Options are good, but making it easier for buyers to customize is better.

#4279 9 years ago

I wouldn't say most. Most people don't have most of their machines with odd color trim. I've seen a guy or two with a machine or two, and I'm sure there are people out there who do all their games.

But, most people either do none of that, and of that small subset of people who are into it, most don't do all their games.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

The old way of doing the rails sucks for changing them out and back them who would have. In todays world most of us want to.

#4280 9 years ago

Doug from Chicago Gaming said the decals do not extend up under the full rail, so you can remove them without trashing the side art. Just in case anybody missed that detail.

#4281 9 years ago

what's the latest to actually choose the color if it's payed for in Full and ordered directly through pps ? I would imagine really soon, right ? I got a Sales Order .pdf but it doesn't state it's payed for in full... also it just says "-TRIM NOT SELECTED- GOLD OR SILVER".

#4282 9 years ago

In my short experience of changing WMS siderails, it is much easier to change siderails on such machines, where the sideart has been printed on the cabinet itself, but it is much more difficult when decals have been used on the pin. I managed to tear a bit of the sideart decals when I exchanged the siderails for such a machine.

#4283 9 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

In my short experience of changing WMS siderails, it is much easier to change siderails on such machines, where the sideart has been printed on the cabinet itself, but it is much more difficult when decals have been used on the pin. I managed to tear a bit of the sideart decals when I exchanged the sideart for such a machine.

the decals on MMR stop short of the siderail tape for this reason.

#4284 9 years ago

I thought the trim was going to be a much easier decision. I am still on the fence. Hmmm....

#4285 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A thin nylon spatula and take your time and gently split the double sided tape in half.

I use a heat gun and 3" drywall "mudding" blade...works like a champ.

#4286 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I thought the trim was going to be a much easier decision. I am still on the fence. Hmmm....

I agree... brass/chrome would be a no brainer, but the rest are a coin flip, which is why everyone is divided. It means people are happier with options than without.

#4287 9 years ago

I went to BAA in Campbell today and saw the black and gold leg in person. Before my visit I was sure I wanted the black, but after seeing them in person I am going with the gold.

I think that they will both look better than the stainless, but the gold just "fits" the theme better in my opinion.

Jeff

#4288 9 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

I went to BAA in Campbell today and saw the black and gold leg in person. Before my visit I was sure I wanted the black, but after seeing them in person I am going with the gold.
I think that they will both look better than the stainless, but the gold just "fits" the theme better in my opinion.
Jeff

Honestly I think we are all driving ourselves crazy with these trim options... At the end of the day it's Medieval Madness.... silver, gold, black at the end of the day the game is going to kick ass ! Let's shift the focus on shipping dates or speculating what's the next PPS title.

#4289 9 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Honestly I think we are all driving ourselves crazy with these trim options... At the end of the day it's Medieval Madness.... silver, gold, black at the end of the day the game is going to kick ass ! Let's shift the focus on shipping dates or speculating what's the next PPS title.

but but its the mmr thread and I still haven't decided!

#4290 9 years ago

I wonder what trim options will be available on the next PPS title

Quoted from mrclean:

Let's shift the focus on shipping dates or speculating what's the next PPS title.

#4291 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I wonder what trim options will be available on the next PPS title

If PPS decides to do another remake...One trim option only would be my guess because Ricks not going to want to deal with this fiasco ever again.

#4292 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I wouldn't say most. Most people don't have most of their machines with odd color trim. I've seen a guy or two with a machine or two, and I'm sure there are people out there who do all their games.

But, most people either do none of that, and of that small subset of people who are into it, most don't do all their games.

I hear ya but everyone I know around here does and I am just looking the polls.
Poll: Choose Your Color
Stainless Steel : (13 votes)
14 %
Shiny Black : (37 votes)
39 %
Gold : (45 votes)
47 %

#4293 9 years ago

For anyone that ordered through Automated, keep an eye on your inbox. Per the letter, all deposits are final as of today and trim must be selected by July 11th or they will choose a color for you, not necessarily silver.

#4294 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I see your point but disagree of the end result. So Rick has had to deal with some online bickering. So what this is an $8K plus shipping product. Makers seem to always want things their way like pay 3 years in advance, put down $1K well before we ship, buy our product sight unseen because it is an "LE" and it will sell out, wait 1-2 years for complete code and so on.

Now we the people who buy these expensive toys that allow makers to well make money finally get some options and I should feel bad the maker has some extra hardship? I'm sorry but for too long makers have been taking advantage of us pinball addicts. IMO to compete going forward with so many new manufacturers they are going to have to cater a little more to their customers. I in no way feel bad about that.

#4295 9 years ago

Sure. But that's not what we're talking about. My AC/DC was red, it was standard. I ordered my MM with black trim, it was an option. But I have never gone out of my way to powder coat, upgrade, or switch out any of my rails (with the exception of replacing dented side rails with new originals).

Just because someone is choosing a color option for their MM, it doesn't mean they are into the whole after market trim thing.

You know a lot of people with "modded" trim, maybe there is something funny in the water where you live or something.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I hear ya but everyone I know around here does and I am just looking the polls.
Poll: Choose Your Color
Stainless Steel : (13 votes)
14 %
Shiny Black : (37 votes)
39 %
Gold : (45 votes)
47 %

#4296 9 years ago

I agree with you, and I think a lot of your points are valid. My only thought is that you are lumping all of the "makers" into the same category.

I think there is a lot of BS that is going on, Stern started it with selling out their games before anyone could even play them. JJP took it to the next level, years later still no games for a large chunks of people. I don't blame Stern for selling the games pre-order, people were willing and did pay, the whole point is to take the money. What JJP is doing is inexcusable. I don't think it's fair to lump PPS in with the "makers" who are taking advantage.

On one hand, these games are really expensive, on the other hand, it's a long and complicated process that doesn't need to be made any more complicated. For what it's worth, I think PPS will offer trim on the next game they do, but I don't think they will be as open to input in changing it. I think that's the lesson they learned. And, if they take a step backward and decide not to, there is probably good reason, they aren't trying to piss off their customers.

From our point of view, the more we can choose the better. I'm really biased though, because trim means nothing to me, so that's probably what it boils down to.

Now we the people who buy these expensive toys that allow makers to well make money finally get some options and I should feel bad the maker has some extra hardship? I'm sorry but for too long makers have been taking advantage of us pinball addicts. IMO to compete going forward with so many new manufacturers they are going to have to cater a little more to their customers. I in no way feel bad about that.

#4297 9 years ago

I finally got the email asking to chose my trim color. I'm also being asked to pay the balance. Is anyone else getting asked to pay in full yet? Are we supposed to be getting asked to pay in full now, or is it when the game ships?

#4298 9 years ago
Quoted from stangbat:

I finally got the email asking to chose my trim color.

Me, too. That is what I expected.

#4299 9 years ago

Yes just sent the balance and choose the gold . Tough choice between the gold and black .But a family poll said Gold.

#4300 9 years ago

Just got email for balance and trim choice from jjp....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.