(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 110.
#3951 9 years ago

I guess I did considering I searched the last 3 pages and there is no mention of it.

Quoted from DCFAN:

You must have missed the part about his son working for Stern.

#3952 9 years ago

How many regular non LE games will be built?????

Thanks,
Rob

#3953 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You must have missed the part about his son working for Stern.

Not to be a jerk, but how do you know that is true?

#3954 9 years ago
Quoted from dhalem:

Not to be a jerk, but how do you know that is true?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/so-is-stern-doing-better-now/page/2

True or not true, you be the judge. I do not know any more than what is posted.

#3955 9 years ago

We have the 3 different black trim options that are being considered for MMR in our booth at the NW Pinball And Arcade show in Tacoma this weekend. Stop by and give is your feedback!

#3956 9 years ago

Could you post pics?

#3957 9 years ago
Quoted from mtdouble:

Could you post pics?

I took a few pics. Twisted pins guys promised to post proper pictures in better lighting at some point.

I really liked the one on the left, 'dark steel gray', and according to twisted pins guys it got the best feedback.
I took that and gold next to a nearby MM, and although as a standalone color option I loved it in my opinion it wasn't the best fit with the colors of MM. But that just me, I think I still prefer gold (the shiny black was very nice too, but to me it's a little bit plain for an LE)

-K

20140607_121837.jpg20140607_121837.jpg 20140607_121933.jpg20140607_121933.jpg
#3958 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Really?

My distributor says it is selling well; "A little better than Avengers".

That isn't hard to say as Avengers tanked pretty bad.

#3959 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pinside is just a small slice of the hobby. We're representative of a certain kind of buyer, but that's it, hardly the be all end all.
Supposedly AC/DC is the highest selling Stern ever. Does that mean more than 6,000? 10,000? Hard to know which numbers you believe. Look at the owners on Pinside, even for that mega popular game we're just a % of the sales.
From what I hear Stern has had a lot of success with the Mustang Pro and car owners.

You also need to remember there is gross sales and unit sales ac/dc cost more then TSPP

#3960 9 years ago

I'd like to see all 4 trim options on 4 games side by side. Even if they were installed on the old model, just to see what they look like.

#3961 9 years ago

+1 to actually seeing pics with the legs on the machines.

#3962 9 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

That isn't hard to say as Avengers tanked pretty bad.

I was assuming sarcasm?

#3963 9 years ago

Will MMr come with coindoor bar brackets? I assume not.

#3964 9 years ago

Wow so awesome to have 3 options for the LEs. Thanks PPS you all rock! Us pinball addicts salute you

Post edited by The_Dude_Abides: I was incorrect we have 3 options

#3965 9 years ago

yellow legs look like bananas in that pic.

gross!

#3966 9 years ago

Mat or glossy black , hard to choose...

#3967 9 years ago

I am sticking with the "gold." It just screams "LE" to me.

#3968 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Wow so awesome to have 4 options for the LEs. Thanks PPS you all rock! Us pinball addicts salute you

There will be the following choices:

- The gold that people like or don't like
- The shiny black
- The silver

We put out the various options of the black for feedback:
- the black nickel looks like a gunmetal grey and does not look good at all on that game (it looks good and may good for other games, but not mm)
- the rough finish black people said looked like std sterns, so resoundingly did not want that.
- that leaves the shiny black - which will show all imperfections in the metal and the stampings as well as fingerprints, but the masses have spoken and that will be the black that we use.

[email protected]

#3969 9 years ago

I'm going for the gold

#3970 9 years ago

Well, this went from being a potentially difficult decision to an easy one. Original silver

#3971 9 years ago

Shiny Black and very happy . PPS is the shite!

#3972 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

- The shiny black
- The silver
- the black nickel looks like a gunmetal grey and does not look good at all on that game (it looks good and may good for other games, but not mm)
- the rough finish black people said looked like std sterns, so resoundingly did not want that.
- that leaves the shiny black - which will show all imperfections in the metal and the stampings as well as fingerprints, but the masses have spoken and that will be the black that we use.
[email protected]

Great news, and I agree on your comment on black nickel. Great color, but not for MM

Two great choices to choose from, but I think I'll go with gold

#3973 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I'm going for the gold.

Quoted from rosh:

An easy decision: original silver.

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Shiny Black and very happy.

Three posters and three different choices. (Unless TaTa's post has nothing to do with color choices and he's telling us he's trying out for the Olympics.)

#3974 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

- The shiny black
- The silver
[email protected]

Thanks Rick! How/when will we choose? Will our distributors contact us about the trim choice?

#3975 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Shiny Black and very happy . PPS is the shite!

aww, was hoping you'd pick something different from me so we could compare in person.

#3976 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

[email protected]

Shiny black looks great thanks for the options! I edited my post to avoid any confussion.

#3977 9 years ago

Pez we still have Jints to weigh in ; )

#3978 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Good call Rick! Most of us don't mind wiping fingerprints off our games anyway. It comes with the territory.

#3979 9 years ago

Rick,
Could you post high res pics of the 3 final trim colors?

#3980 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Pez we still have Jints to weigh in ; )

Shiny Black!!

#3981 9 years ago

Well at least we won't be jealous of each others color choice : )

#3982 9 years ago

Nice to know you will be able to play MMr pretty much in any direction you drive around here. Lol!

#3984 9 years ago

Going for the Gold here!
Mike in Kentucky

#3985 9 years ago

If I read the other thread correctly, the MMR LEs are also apparently coming with gift certificates to Taco Bell...

#3986 9 years ago

gold for me.

#3987 9 years ago

shiny black for me,and invisiglass 2, and what good is a taco bell voucher to an aussie lol

#3988 9 years ago

Have to go with the shiny black for mine as well….thanks Rick!

#3989 9 years ago

Chicago Gaming will have a second open house for MMR to play and talk about MMR.

The Silver, Gold, and Shiny Black Trim will be there.

SAT 6/14 11AM-2PM CST

Chicago Gaming Company
4616 W. 19th St.
Cicero, IL 60804

enjoy,
[email protected]

#3990 9 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

shiny black for me,and invisiglass 2, and what good is a taco bell voucher to an aussie lol

Is invisiglass an option?

#3991 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Chicago Gaming will have a second open house for MMR to play and talk about MMR.
SAT 6/14 11AM-2PM CST

Wish I was closer (to Chicago)

#3992 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

SAT 6/14 11AM-2PM CST
Chicago Gaming Company
4616 W. 19th St.
Cicero, IL 60804
enjoy,
[email protected]

All you can eat taco bar as well?

#3993 9 years ago
Quoted from peaceboy666:

I was in Melbourne for a couple weeks and felt pitty that people there didn't really know about mexican food, nor cared for it. One had been to the states, and was using a Taco Bell in New Jersey to measure mexican food by.. Too busy eating every kind of asian food in the book, and chicken parm. I did like being introduced to Laksa though, and appreciated that there were 2 pinball machines in the international terminal though (TAF and BBH).

#3994 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

SAT 6/14 11AM-2PM CST
Chicago Gaming Company
4616 W. 19th St.
Cicero, IL 60804
enjoy,
[email protected]

More importantly - when does production start? - or has it?

#3995 9 years ago

Will the manual for the game be available online? When? I'm assuming the game comes with one and includes all the schematics, parts lists, components, breakouts, etc?

Also, the game uses opto boards for the flippers and not analog switches, correct?

#3996 9 years ago

I hope those of you who can make it will report back on your in-person impressions of the trim choices. I can't tell enough from the pics to make an informed decision.

#3997 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Will the manual for the game be available online? When? I'm assuming the game comes with one and includes all the schematics, parts lists, components, breakouts, etc?
Also, the game uses opto boards for the flippers and not analog switches, correct?

None of that is important.... What colour trim MMr gets is all that matters It has to match the colour of the curtains in the room

#3998 9 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

What colour trim MMr gets is all that matters It has to match the colour of the curtains in the room

Happy wife...happy life.

#3999 9 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

More importantly - when does production start? - or has it?

I've been following this thread pretty closely and haven't seen any updates that say the machine won't start shipping in Q2 2014 as scheduled.

#4000 9 years ago

^^^ Considering they've given multiple options here (color trim & invis. glass), I would have thought that we would have all received e-mails from our distributers by now to make this deadline.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.