(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 110.
#3851 9 years ago

So I came on here to see if any one that wanted an MMRLE spot wanted to take mine, but it seems that I won't be getting any love here!

#3852 9 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

So I came on here to see if any one that wanted an MMRLE spot wanted to take mine, but it seems that I won't be getting any love here!

It's not you, it's the MMr deal you're locked into. From what we understand, the basic deal is $8K for MMr (regardless of reputable dealer) and refundable up to now and at least a short period into the future. You seem to be in the unenviable position of being underwater on both points. I stand by my previous advice.....call Rick directly and fill him in on your situation. Most likely, problem solved.

#3853 9 years ago

I love you. I just don't want an MMRLE.

Quoted from yonizzell:

#3854 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

OK, so if you signed a contract that said "NO CANCELLATIONS" then why are you surprised when no cancellations are allowed?
I believe a real man keeps his word.
You agreed to no cancellations, so man up and buy your game when it comes in.

I get the sentiment and I appreciate all the knowledge you have offered to the community here, but concerning these kinds of matters, and considering the MANUFACTURER'S agreement, there is something called the uniform commercial code, which states, (and I'm paraphrasing here):

"this is the dumbest argument ever"

#3855 9 years ago

Yo... Since my name is being bantered about...

1. As stated before by someone, PPS was offering non-refundable deposits until they received approval from Williams which was done long ago, so I am also of the understanding I am doing exactly what PPS has laid out. That said, I don't care if someone wants to get out of an LE, I will offer a refund and I'll re-sell it at some point easily. There is no issue here.

2. This customer 'yonizzell' emailed me - see below - since he posted my email here is the full communication from him so you understand the context of his inquiry to me. He's been a great guy to deal with and talk to and we have had no issues and I would like him to be happy either way, in or out. But, at no point did he ask me to send him his deposit back... Read below, he's sort of like he's on the fence and if someone else wanted it he'd get out, if not he'd buy it / had the funds to do so, etc...

Bottom line - the LE's are scarce and if he wouldn't like to have it I gladly will send him his refund, the problem is he never asked for that he just sort of toyed around with getting out. Let's not start a riot on the customer or me here. The guy just asked if someone wanted an LE that maybe couldn't get one. And again, officially, I believe it is common knowledge that the refunds from PPS were refundable up to a certain time which has passed and I clearly stated such in his initial invoice right when he bought it. I didn't hold a gun to anyone's head. But, Mike wants a refund he gets it with a smile... put the pitchforks away... lol...move on...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Joe

This is Mike Garcia. Just wanted to let you know that if you are out of MMRLE spots and you have someone interested, I would consider giving my spot up and just get my $1000 deposit back. No worries if you don't have any one interested, because I am fully capable of buying the machine if I must- I just realized that I have more important things to spend 9k + on than a pinball machine. If you need my spot, please let me know.

Thanks
Mike

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I replied....and...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Joe

thanks for the timely response. What you say is fair. I have no problem coming up with the funds if no one wants my spot, just thought I would let you know that if you do have anyone looking for one, mine will be available.

thanks,
Mike

#3856 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Yo... Since my name is being bantered about...

da7e807e855ef73724dcc86dc7264650.400x240x15.gifda7e807e855ef73724dcc86dc7264650.400x240x15.gif

angryvillagers_csancelled.jpgangryvillagers_csancelled.jpg

#3857 9 years ago

That was the initial plan, but as of now none of the deposits are locked in.

Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PPS was offering non-refundable deposits until they received approval from Williams which was done long ago, so I am also of the understanding I am doing exactly what PPS has laid out.

#3858 9 years ago

Joe- please read the posts. I never said you did anything wrong and you are right. I never directly asked you for a refund. Case closed on that. Also, I never said you did anything wrong. I don't work for free and I fully expect a distributor to be able to make a little profit for their efforts. I just came on here to see if anyone was looking for a spot so they could take mine. Case closed!

#3859 9 years ago

Well, that certainly puts this recent part of the thread in a entirely different light ...

#3860 9 years ago

Hi Joe,

I'm glad you chimed in and clarified things a bit. The only small wrinkle is that, as far as I know, all MMR deposits are still refundable per Rick/PPS even though they have received Williams approval.

#3861 9 years ago

I only chimed in because I got an email from another Pinsider giving me a heads up to do so knowing that the whole story wasn't probably being understood...

Jalpert - gotcha, frankly didn't know that... But again, it's a non-issue, I wasn't going by that, I would have refunded if asked, and gladly will - as you see in the email, he never asked for that - asked me to find someone who wanted his spot. People waver all the time on pre-orders. Many think about getting at some point out but never do, I can only react on what people ask me to do.

But also please understand when a distributor signs up with a company we have sometimes very detailed contracts to sign which we agree to abide by all the company's rules - refunds, minimum pricing, advertising, transfer of ownership of sold games, etc... Also, with many companies, not really PPS due to their smaller down payment required, but when someone orders a game and we order from the company / mfg we have to put down a large deposit to secure their game in our allotment. Many times they want something specifically - and LE version, maybe a special number they want, certain features - shaker motor / glass / add ons. When I order and pay for it like that - it's mine. Many times if someone can't pay the full deposit and wants the game, I pay the full amount out of my own pocket to the company and let them reimburse me later. I just did it at the Allentown show for a nice guy who wanted a WOZ75 and didn't want to wait to be last in line ordering later when he had the full deposit. So sometimes you don't know the whole story.

Now imagine if a distributor is ordering games for many multiple people putting their own money down then they all go flaky when the next 'butterfly' flys by and they all change their minds... That will bankrupt the distributor through no fault of his own. Then you won't have distributors taking games to shows or to service locally which is why the mfgs have us in the first place. How about we make adult decisions and if you can't afford something or aren't sure you want it - don't order it.

Regardless folks... Now let's talk pinball and MMR !

#3862 9 years ago

I'd still like to know what extra $500 of value the disty is offering over and above everyone else (special number perhaps)? Might help sell the soon to be vacant spot quicker? My understanding is that there is already a healthy profit margin built in for the distys but milage does vary of course.

PPS has stated many times that there will be plenty of notice before deposits become non refundable and I beleive there hasn't been any impending heads up to date?

#3863 9 years ago

Well, there is still the point of charging $8500 instead of MSRP of $8000. Hey if someone is going to pay it, I suppose more power to you

#3864 9 years ago

I agree totally with what you say Joe. I reread the thread and saw where I put "Here is part of his response when I asked if I could get my deposit back:" Just to clarify, I never asked Joe to refund my deposit, and it was a mistake to post that. I meant to say that I let him know that I was having second thoughts and that I wanted to know if he had anyone who wanted an MMRLE spot. Don't worry Joe, I ordered the machine, I will pay for it as long as I don't find someone to take my spot. I have no problem with that. My only intention of coming on here was to let people know that I wanted to transfer my spot. I can't help that people have evil hearts and want to cause trouble any chance they get!

#3865 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

How about we make adult decisions and if you can't afford something or aren't sure you want it - don't order it.

HA! Good luck with that

#3866 9 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I agree totally with what you say Joe. I reread the thread and saw where I put "Here is part of his response when I asked if I could get my deposit back:" Just to clarify, I never asked Joe to refund my deposit, and it was a mistake to post that. I meant to say that I let him know that I was having second thoughts and that I wanted to know if he had anyone who wanted an MMRLE spot. Don't worry Joe, I ordered the machine, I will pay for it as long as I don't find someone to take my spot. I have no problem with that. My only intention of coming on here was to let people know that I wanted to transfer my spot. I can't help that people have evil hearts and want to cause trouble any chance they get!

Take the refund that Joe has offered you (minus a case of beer for him 'cause assuming you weren't getting a special number and delivery included he has just saved you 5 hundy)

Back to the regular programming

#3867 9 years ago

You can have my MMr LE spot, which is from a reputable dealer and at the list (and universal-until-now) price of $8k. And, as with MOST distributors according to Rick's/PP's terms, the deposit is still fully refundable.

I don't buy ye ingenuous statement that "I am also of the understanding I am doing exactly what PPS has laid out." If you're dealing with PPS and selling their games, you know their rules--and should know them better than any customer or forum denizen. And charging $8500 presale for an $8k retail game, where (to my knowledge) every other pre-order is for $8k? (And to yonizz/Mike, that $8k already INCLUDES the distributor's profit!)

#3868 9 years ago

Mike,
As I just emailed you privately, if you wanted out and a refund or want one now, just ask, I'll send it tonight. You didn't ask that - so thanks for confirming that here. Many times people say, hey I'm kinda in / kinda out - maybe if you have someone else who wants in let me know then and I'll decide for sure at that time, basically just about what you asked me to do. However, if I re-sold your game and sent you a refund and you didn't tell me to do so I'd be in hot water then too... I can't win either way... lol... All good man.
Back to talk about the great MMR project...
Joe

#3869 9 years ago

Ok, everyone. Just want to clear this up and I'm out of here for good. Joe of Pinball Star did nothing wrong. I ordered a machine and decided I wanted out, so I came here to post that I had a MMRLE spot to see if someone wanted it. He's a little upset at me right now, but no matter how he feels about me, I just want you all to know that I wasn't trying to bad mouth him at all and I never did directly ask him for a refund of my deposit. I'm sure if I would've asked him he would have done it for me. I JUST CAME ON HERE TO SEE IF SOMEONE WANTED MY SPOT, THAT IS ALL!

#3870 9 years ago

I don't think they are even doing/support the trade your spot game that JJP did? Take the refund and let next person on waiting list get one

#3871 9 years ago

Thats right it goes to the next person in line they non transferable.

#3872 9 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Ok, everyone. Just want to clear this up and I'm out of here for good. Joe of Pinball Star did nothing wrong. I ordered a machine and decided I wanted out, so I came here to post that I had a MMRLE spot to see if someone wanted it. He's a little upset at me right now, but no matter how he feels about me, I just want you all to know that I wasn't trying to bad mouth him at all and I never did directly ask him for a refund of my deposit. I'm sure if I would've asked him he would have done it for me. I JUST CAME ON HERE TO SEE IF SOMEONE WANTED MY SPOT, THAT IS ALL!

i'm glad that you and Joe seem to have worked this out amicably, but pinsiders responding with incredulity or concern were not in the wrong here. the intent was to stick up for you. according to your original post, you had requested a refund and were refused. this would have been blatantly unethical on the part of the distributor, and you can understand people wanting to know who it was that was being shady. since then, that portrayal of the situation has changed, but you can't blame people for reacting how they did given the what you said at first. i don't want you to have a negative impression of the people here when they were merely reacting to what you were saying. it seems to have worked itself out, though, and that's great.

on the subject of you selling your spot, as far as i know, PPS is discouraging / not supporting that kind of swap, at least partially because deposits are still refundable.

#3873 9 years ago

It's all good - don't beat up on Mike - I think he kinda misunderstood you need thick skin here on Pinside... : )~
He's a good guy, we are fine - always were - he's been a cool cat to deal with. And whatever he wants in / out he gets. Unfortunately, yes, he mis-posted at first, but he clarified, and I am ok with that. I just think some further communication with me would have been better before posting here - if he really wanted out I could have just sent him a refund, but he never asked for that. I had the impression he was on the fence and wanted to stay in the loop but have an opportunity to get out later and do it in a way easier for me maybe. And yes, whatever PPS's rules are we want to follow them. It's all good. People got to stop jumping on people here. This is prime example of maybe a new guy to pinside who's going to think twice before contributing.
Everyone have a nice weekend, drink a beer, fry a burger, and play pinball.

Let's the this post back on MMR ! I'll start it off - one thing I'm curious about but haven't asked... The shaker motor - I don't believe shaker motors were ever programmed originally because games didn't have them... so when do you think it is best to have the shaker go off - obviously when the castle is destroyed for one, maybe at the start of multiball... any others that seem appropriate ? It will be fun to see where Rick inserts the 'shakes'... Opinions ?

Joe

#3874 9 years ago

I think we'll have to play it to really see how the shaker code .... shakes out ... Or something ...

#3875 9 years ago

We need Rick to get this thread back on track!!! Looking forward to my MMRLE!!

#3876 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

YES!!!!! What he said....

#3877 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

it can only happen if the people who are obsessed with finding things wrong and paranoid that things may actually be real spend some time outside of their inner world of pinside ... lol

#3878 9 years ago

i always spend time outside of pinside,thats what boobs are for

#3879 9 years ago

I've been quiet on all of these discussions but felt it was time I just chimed in a few words. Being as close to PPS as I am the one thing I know is the passion is there to put forth this game as a winner all the way around. The process has never stalled and the QC is high right now. There have been revisions where revisions have been needed. Nothing has been "cheapened". Revisions can be expensive. Lots of discussions on the back side to make this a great experience. Rick and Matt have been on top of this all the way. It's a tireless commitment.

When that box arrives I am sure there will be a lot to admire.

#3880 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

Let's the this post back on MMR ! I'll start it off - one thing I'm curious about but haven't asked... The shaker motor - I don't believe shaker motors were ever programmed originally because games didn't have them... so when do you think it is best to have the shaker go off - obviously when the castle is destroyed for one, maybe at the start of multiball... any others that seem appropriate ? It will be fun to see where Rick inserts the 'shakes'... Opinions ?
Joe

This is a really interesting topic. Out of curiosity how is this programmed? Is it inserted in the original rom or is it a standalone program (like a emulated version of the aftermarket shaker boards) Either way I am excited about having the shaker in my MMRLE.

#3881 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

It's all good - don't beat up on Mike - I think he kinda misunderstood you need thick skin here on Pinside... : )~
He's a good guy, we are fine - always were - he's been a cool cat to deal with. And whatever he wants in / out he gets. Unfortunately, yes, he mis-posted at first, but he clarified, and I am ok with that. I just think some further communication with me would have been better before posting here - if he really wanted out I could have just sent him a refund, but he never asked for that. I had the impression he was on the fence and wanted to stay in the loop but have an opportunity to get out later and do it in a way easier for me maybe. And yes, whatever PPS's rules are we want to follow them. It's all good. People got to stop jumping on people here. This is prime example of maybe a new guy to pinside who's going to think twice before contributing.
Everyone have a nice weekend, drink a beer, fry a burger, and play pinball.
Joe

Should activate when trolls are started and after each troll is hit or active.

#3882 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

it can only happen if the people who are obsessed with finding things wrong and paranoid that things may actually be real spend some time outside of their inner world of pinside ... lol

there's another world ?

#3883 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Should activate when trolls are started and after each troll is hit or active.

Hey, that could be cool. I would suspect that if it went off when you hit a troll, it actually changes a bit of the game play, as the shaking may alter the ball a little. Could make the game a little interesting. Maybe there will be a game option to turn it off, to replicate standard play, or on for 'new' play. Hmmm...

#3884 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

real spend some time outside of their inner world of pinside

Noimages-983.jpegimages-983.jpeg
Yesimages2.jpegimages2.jpeg

#3885 9 years ago

Shaker = Castle, trolls, catapult, during super pops, complete spelling of fire, lighting/earning EB, earning bonus x

#3886 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

No
Yes

images-983.jpeg 4 KB
images2.jpeg 7 KB

i think someone is accidentally implying pinside is our temple

#3887 9 years ago

Does the $500 up charge provide a longer warranty than the folks who paid $8,000?

Is this offered by all PPS dealers?

#3888 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Does the $500 up charge provide a longer warranty than the folks who paid $8,000?
Is this offered by all PPS dealers?

1. no
2. i'm sure if you want to give distributors an extra $500 there aren't many that will say no.

#3889 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

1. no
2. i'm sure if you want to give distributors an extra $500 there aren't many that will say no.

Understood, the additional $500 was of no benefit to the buyer.

Good to know.

#3890 9 years ago

Shaker should go off with the lowering of the drawbridge and raising of the gate too. I figure the heavy chain that we all imagine opening both would rattle some....

#3891 9 years ago

OMG. I keep looking at this thread hoping for useful info about delivery and/or interesting photos of the machines being built....but all I get are TRRRROOOOOLLLLLSSSS....................sigh. I need more coffee.

#3892 9 years ago

Yeah, but with the original MM, you only get two trolls. With MMR, you get dozens ...

#3893 9 years ago

I think it's going to be a great/busy 30 days for this project. Before the July 4th holiday I'm thinking they finalize the delivery dates, deposits, trim options and hopefully even a surprise or two for us LE owners.

Quoted from mamemaster:

OMG. I keep looking at this thread hoping for useful info about delivery and/or interesting photos of the machines being built....but all I get are TRRRROOOOOLLLLLSSSS....................sigh. I need more coffee.

#3894 9 years ago

+1 for more surprises for us MMRLE owners

#3895 9 years ago

I hear the LE package is filled with surprises.
Too many to list

#3896 9 years ago

You keep your LE Package to yourself thankyouverymuch.

#3897 9 years ago

So When shipping starts ? any official date ?

#3898 9 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

So When shipping starts ? any official date ?

It is the last month of the second quarter, so must be soon

#3899 9 years ago

Ya,Thanks

I knew that but wanted to know if they had some Sure Delivery Dates. Guess not yet !

#3900 9 years ago

We are a week away from NWPAAS, I hope there'll be another announcement (epic of course, nothing less than that will not suffice) confirming start of shipping.

I really hope Rick can bring a few MMRs to Seattle since they missed PAGG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.