(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 110.
#3801 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

So does anyone besides me think there is more behind all this?

Nope. Just common sense by both PPS and Stern. Win-Win for both parties.

#3802 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

yup.

#3803 9 years ago

Did someone say party?
th-1-206.jpegth-1-206.jpeg

#3804 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Proximity of CGC & Stern doesn't hurt either.

#3805 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

So does anyone besides me think there is more behind all this? What if stern bought the remake rights? And gave a large payoff to CGC and PPS? Stern has some pretty powerful investors? This would make sense on the larger Stern factory. Then stern could always run remakes in between. It would also probably put JJP under because stern could probably produce 4 new B/W per year. And most of us can only buy a few games a year, so our pockets would be empty. I am probably over thinking it, but it seems crazy to me for 3 companies to be splitting the profits. I mean how many MMR does everyone really think they will sell? Most everyone I know already thinks I have lost my mind with the amount of money I spend on pins.

How are things over in Loch Ness?

#3806 9 years ago

I like Stern games, but I would not want them in charge of B/W remakes. I don't care who puts them together, but I don't trust them to be in charge of them.

Quoted from srmonte:

So does anyone besides me think there is more behind all this? What if stern bought the remake rights? And gave a large payoff to CGC and PPS? Stern has some pretty powerful investors? This would make sense on the larger Stern factory. Then stern could always run remakes in between. It would also probably put JJP under because stern could probably produce 4 new B/W per year. And most of us can only buy a few games a year, so our pockets would be empty. I am probably over thinking it, but it seems crazy to me for 3 companies to be splitting the profits. I mean how many MMR does everyone really think they will sell? Most everyone I know already thinks I have lost my mind with the amount of money I spend on pins.

#3807 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I like Stern games, but I would not want them in charge of B/W remakes. I don't care who puts them together, but I don't trust them to be in charge of them.

Why not? They make the most successful line of pinball machines both for Ops and collectors. The Pros hold their value over time , even more reliable than the LEs. They were in charge of ACDC , MET , ST , etc etc. And they just scored a huge contract to make even more machines. Seems like if we were to trust anyone Stern would be included. Quality is apparently not an issue anymore compared to the originals - some would say the B/W have been exceeded in quality. So why not trust them to be in charge?

#3808 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

Why not? They make the most successful line of pinball machines both for Ops and collectors.

its kinda easy to be the most successful when you are the only one. When there were multiple companies they were not #1.

#3809 9 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

its kinda easy to be the most successful when you are the only one. When there were multiple companies they were not #1.

There's multiple companies right now and they are...

#3810 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Everyone thinks I have lost my mind with the amount of money I spend on pins.

I think we're all in that same looney bin.

#3811 9 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

So does anyone besides me think there is more behind all this?

If I were a suspicious person I might ask why both sample machines are needed for UL testing, and why one can't be doing that while the other was sent to the show. But this forum has educated me away from my suspicious ways of a couple of weeks ago, this all sounds great!

I wonder how long the lines will be to see and feel the side armor finish samples?

#3812 9 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

it will definitely be a Stern product not a PPS or any other company, then the value of the original will bounce back for collectors.... Anyone can go see a Stern anytime, anywhere. Seeing a PPS or CGC MM was going to be more rare than a Stern. Now it's just another Stern.

Quoted from calvin12:

lol- you and Rommy are intellectual peas in a pod

non sequitur.jpgnon sequitur.jpg

#3813 9 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

There's multiple companies right now and they are...

jjp cant get parts to get things out the door, at this point they are basically boutique market. Hopefully they get going full speed and make stern up their game. Spooky, jpop, cool but still boutique, not mass production stuff.

#3814 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

lol- you and Rommy are intellectual peas in a pod

non sequitur.jpg 5 KB

im all for stern assembling the games, use the already trained labor force and infrastructure. The comment about stern being #1 was the only thing I spoke about, not their ability.

#3815 9 years ago

Okay, I'll bite. Because it's not JUST UL testing.

Quoted from viper001:

If I were a suspicious person I might ask why both sample machines are needed for UL testing, and why one can't be doing that while the other was sent to the show. But this forum has educated me away from my suspicious ways of a couple of weeks ago, this all sounds great!

I wonder how long the lines will be to see and feel the side armor finish samples?

Quoted from PPS:

we need to pull the game that was going to PAGG (UL testing, Final preparations, etc)

#3816 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

We often send multiple units to the test labs. If they need more than one game for testing.. that's not abnormal. It all depends on the certifications you are going for and what you want to get done. Things go a lot quicker when you have more than one test subject

#3817 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

From UL's website...

Are samples required? Are they returned?
Samples for testing may be required. The number required is determined by the anticipated test program. Samples should not be sent until requested. Destructive tests are usually involved in our thorough test programs so, in many cases, the samples may not be usable as returned. All samples will be returned unless otherwise indicated by the applicant.

How many samples will I need to send for testing?
The number of samples required varies depending on the type of product. Your project handler will notify you with the number of samples needed.

#3818 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Destructive tests are usually involved in our thorough test programs so, in many cases, the samples may not be usable as returned.

I saw an example of this many years ago. A manufacturer of transformers for model railroads sent two in for UL testing/approval.

They were returned looking like a truck ran over them. Completely destroyed.

LTG : )™

#3819 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

From UL's website...
Are samples required? Are they returned?
Samples for testing may be required. The number required is determined by the anticipated test program. Samples should not be sent until requested. Destructive tests are usually involved in our thorough test programs so, in many cases, the samples may not be usable as returned. All samples will be returned unless otherwise indicated by the applicant.
How many samples will I need to send for testing?
The number of samples required varies depending on the type of product. Your project handler will notify you with the number of samples needed.

This is nothing but exculpation of the mumbo jumbo kind. On the other hand, it sounds like Viper001 knows what he's talking about. In this particular case, UL, an OSHA approved organization, would only need to test the required individual component(s) and issue 'Recognized Component Mark(s)', if merited. It is highly unlikely that UL would need to simultaneously test two fully assembled composite pinball machines that use identical components .

#3820 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I saw an example of this many years ago. A manufacturer of Transformers for model railroads sent two in for UL testing/approval.
They were returned looking like a truck ran over them. Completely destroyed.
LTG : )™

for a second i was like "there was a Transformers model railroad?? cool!" then i realized what you meant!

#3821 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4fun:

It is highly unlikely that UL would need to simultaneously test two fully assembled composite pinball machines that use identical components .

UL isn't likely the only mark being applied for...

#3822 9 years ago

Hey Rick,
Wondering if the updated code for shaker motor will be ready for initial release or if this will be a future update to the code like the color display.

#3824 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wow! 10k by Christmas??
ebay.com link » Medieval Madness Limited Edition Pinball Machine

to be fair they are including shipping....that's worth at least $200 of that $8600.....(but that a nice add'l bump of $400). I would be curious to see if anyone bites....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3826 9 years ago

I have a MMLE spot that I want out of. All I want is my $1000 deposit back, so if anyone here is interested, let me know.

#3827 9 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I have a MMLE spot that I want out of. All I want is my $1000 deposit back, so if anyone here is interested, let me know.

Don't you just have to ask you distributor for your money back? Why make this more complicated than it should be?

QSS

#3828 9 years ago

My distributor says that once he took my deposit, it was locked in, with no refunds. It might be different when you order direct from PPS, but it is what it is I guess.

#3829 9 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

My distributor says that once he took my deposit, it was locked in, with no refunds. It might be different when you order direct from PPS, but it is what it is I guess.

That contradicts PPS original deposit policy. If you really want it back I would recommend contacting PPS about this distributor.

#3830 9 years ago

Here is part of his response when I asked if I could get my deposit back:

"I had to commit to so many machines and pay for them when people order the game. So I'm kind of stuck with it - my order was placed based on your order and we do have a no cancellation policy which is stated on your invoice. "

#3831 9 years ago

Who is that? Goes against what everyone else was told. Especially since they said no transferring warranty . At least you have an invoice . I never got any paperwork . Cancelled check by bank in case it have to pursue ; )

#3832 9 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Me thinks your distributor is going to get spanked as soon as PPS reads this. PPS has been crystal clear that everyone will have plenty of warning prior to deposits becoming non-refundable.

#3833 9 years ago

Who is your distributor? Sounds like he's not official and doing something under the table.

#3834 9 years ago

I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus, and that's why I haven't disclosed the distributors name. I just thought I would offer my spot here and see what happens. I can understand his point if its true that once he asks for a certain allotment of machines, he doesn't want to get stuck with them. I just don't know the process distributors go through and exactly how it works. Also, I know its going to be tough for me to transfer my spot to anyone else when they find out that through my distributor my price for the MMRLE is $8500!

#3835 9 years ago

Seriously? Are you trolling us?

So you went with a distributor that has no refunds and charged 500 more than the full retail price??

#3836 9 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus

If PPS policy is one thing and they are doing another, then something should be done about it.

#3837 9 years ago

I'd be very surprised if anyone wanted the "sketchy" spot. Any why not name the distro? Throw him under the bus? More like letting us know who is screwing people. Nothing wrong with that, it's almost bad if you don't, then other people get screwed that you could have helped.

#3838 9 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus, and that's why I haven't disclosed the distributors name. I just thought I would offer my spot here and see what happens. I can understand his point if its true that once he asks for a certain allotment of machines, he doesn't want to get stuck with them. I just don't know the process distributors go through and exactly how it works. Also, I know its going to be tough for me to transfer my spot to anyone else when they find out that through my distributor my price for the MMRLE is $8500!

Dude, now you're over the top. You're either a troll or looking for good swampland for investment purposes. Rick's phone number was given out at least once in this thread, it's time for you to dial him up directly.....if you're not trolling.

#3839 9 years ago

Correct me if I am imagining things but, wasn't that the original plan. Once WMS "signed off" on it, the deposit was non-refundable.

That has obviously since changed, I just missed that news. I asked Jen at JJP regarding my order and she says its fully refundable.

#3840 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

Correct me if I am imagining things but, wasn't that the original plan. Once WMS "signed off" on it, the deposit was non-refundable.
That has obviously since changed, I just missed that news. I asked Jen at JJP regarding my order and she says its fully refundable.

Read through this thread for more details straight from the source, or the pinup that the Dude Abides created, it's all there.

#3841 9 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Here is part of his response when I asked if I could get my deposit back:
"I had to commit to so many machines and pay for them when people order the game. So I'm kind of stuck with it - my order was placed based on your order and we do have a no cancellation policy which is stated on your invoice. "

OK, so if you signed a contract that said "NO CANCELLATIONS" then why are you surprised when no cancellations are allowed?

I believe a real man keeps his word.

You agreed to no cancellations, so man up and buy your game when it comes in.

#3842 9 years ago

Sounds like you didn't even buy it from a distributor but some guy who wants to make $500 reselling it.

#3843 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

OK, so if you signed a contract that said "NO CANCELLATIONS" then why are you surprised when no cancellations are allowed?
I believe a real man keeps his word.
You agreed to no cancellations, so man up and buy your game when it comes in.

He never said he was surprised.. the others that chimed in were.

#3844 9 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Sounds like you didn't even buy it from a distributor but some guy who wants to make $500 reselling it.

I understand the "distributor" not giving refunds since he then loses his $500 cut off the top.

#3845 9 years ago

Seriously, if you overpaid $500 for your MMR then START A NEW THREAD!!!!

This thread is supposed to be for MMR updates. You can't fix stupid.

AND...if he is trolling then STOP commenting!! He'll eventually leave.

Get this thread back on track.

#3846 9 years ago

image-964.jpgimage-964.jpg

#3847 9 years ago

By the way, the distributor is Pinball Star from Dallas, PA. I thought it was ok to pay the extra $500 for the "privilege" to get in on an MMRLE, until I did a little research and found out that there are others still available. Call me stupid or whatever, really doesn't bother me. Just makes you out to be a little immature..

#3848 9 years ago

Thanks for naming them. They should be called out and held accountable for their bullshit.

Quoted from yonizzell:

By the way, the distributor is Pinball Star from Dallas, PA.

#3849 9 years ago

I'm not the type of person who wants to start any crap with any one or speak ill of them, and that's the reason why I wasn't going to drop their name. The guy from Pinball Star seems like a decent person, and I still won't say he's done anything wrong. I just thought the money was refundable until they gave a notice or something!

#3850 9 years ago

He has done something wrong. He never told you that you couldn't get your money back while every other distributor is playing by the rules. All this for $500, if that's how he wants to run his business it's a good FYI for people here.

Quoted from yonizzell:

The guy from Pinball Star seems like a decent person, and I still won't say he's done anything wrong.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
$ 64.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.