(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 110.
#3701 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

but we are trying to find a gold that looks good with the game, not by itself ...

It's concerning that no one has posted yet that they saw it in person and want the gold.

#3702 9 years ago

I haven't seen it in person but right now I think the gold looks best.

#3703 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's concerning that no one has posted yet that they saw it in person and want the gold.

well, that's not really true. a few people did said it looked good in person.

#3704 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I saw it.. have been on the fence between it and stainless. If I have to choose today I'd go with the mustard.

#3705 9 years ago

Rick... what color(s) trim will you have at Pin-a-go-go this weekend?

#3706 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

it may appear from time to time that we are dumbasses on this color thing, but we are trying to find a gold that looks good with the game, not by itself ...

You don't even crack the top 100 of us dumb asses on Pinside!

#3707 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Ok, well I stand corrected. I've been watching this thread waiting for positive reviews for the gold to give me confidence in ordering it myself since I won't be able to see it before it shows up.

#3708 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

The gold is probably not going to change and it's the best color that goes with the artwork/cabinet/playfield ... the good news is there is black and original stainless/zinc as well.
rick

Would it be possible to get some pictures taken of the whole cabinet with the different trim options,black and gold at least because as it stands at the moment all we have seen is small sections of the cabinet and crappy phone pics.
Being on the other side of the planet all I'm relying on is other peoples opinions and these type of pics before I make a decision.

#3709 9 years ago
Quoted from Gibo:

Would it be possible to get some pictures taken of the whole cabinet with the different trim options,black and gold at least because as it stands at the moment all we have seen is small sections of the cabinet and crappy phone pics.
Being on the other side of the planet all I'm relying on is other peoples opinions and these type of pics before I make a decision.

I agree on that. I'm one of the few here in europe that have the mmr on order so i cannot visit any gameshows. Some good quality pictures under some decent lighting would really help. It is very hard to make up your mind when the only available photos are of such low quality.

#3710 9 years ago

I've seen it. I'm like most of you, I had pictured bright gold. At 1st I was disappointed, but it started to grow on me, and my son likes it as well. I'm going to keep the gold on my order, mainly because I want it to look different from the original. I can always change it out if I begin to not like it. No big deal.

#3711 9 years ago

Not once in the history of the sport of pinball did the color or the finish of the trim have any effect on the gameplay. I can't believe just how much bitching, nagging, and OCD'ing out is happening in this thread over what color the damn rails are on the game.

Isn't what's important is that later this year you will be PLAYING a brand new MM game for less than it would cost you for an original game in really nice shape. If you don't like the particular shade of tacky looking gold trim just go get some aftermarket trim put on your game and be done with it.

#3712 9 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

I can't believe just how much bitching, nagging, and OCD'ing out is happening in this thread over what color the damn rails are on the game.

Eh, I can't believe how much bitching there is over people expressing their preference when they were asked for their opinion. Lots of hard to believes.

#3713 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Eh, I can't believe how much bitching there is over people expressing their preference when they were asked for their opinion. Lots of hard to believes.

+1

#3714 9 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Not once in the history of the sport of pinball did the color or the finish of the trim have any effect on the gameplay. I can't believe just how much bitching, nagging, and OCD'ing out is happening in this thread over what color the damn rails are on the game.

Uhh.. because people are paying EXTRA for this trim? Do you order stuff and just say "just ship me whatever"?

If you just want gameplay alone.. you wouldn't buy an LE you'd just buy a standard

Thanks for missing the obvious

#3715 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Uhh.. because people are paying EXTRA for this trim?

Aren't the standard and LE versions the same price?

#3716 9 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Aren't the standard and LE versions the same price?

They're the same MSRP. That doesn't necessarily mean people will pay $8K for the standard once it's available, kind of like people don't pay $5495 MSRP on Stern Pro machines. My guess is that they'll be sub $7500 if purchased thru dealers once they are readily available.

#3717 9 years ago

LE:
Stainless steel polished to chrome finish.
Chrome door & legs

That's enough trim option for me. The SS polished will hold up better than chrome on the rails and on the lock down. Legs I would chrome along with the coin door (none wear items).

Boy I hope the trim options do not delay the actual machine building.

#3718 9 years ago

I'll try and take some pix at PAGG of whatever version(s) of MMR are there. Can't wait to try it out!

#3719 9 years ago

The reason why people are discussing the trim is because that is the only thing everybody can to choose before they get their mmr delivered. All other features are the same on each machine.

So now that i have this option i want to see what i can choose from.

As said above a photo shot with a cell phone isn't really helping me. On every picture the gold looks different . Regarding the stainless steel i can imagine how this looks, however i've never seen a black or gold MM.

In the end i don't really mind what PPS is going for (i have full trust in the final trim colors) however i just want to decently compare all the final trim options since they are so different from each other.

#3720 9 years ago

Everything is gonna be just fine, I've called Rick numerous times and he answered every call,he and his team are doing an excellent job at making this game,Chicago Gaming does great work and Churchill cabinets made the originals for Williams and everything else is gonna be better and more improved than the original,I guarantee it.
So if your worried about the trim order the stainless,I'm all in for the gold and Rick told me the side rails won't have the double sided tape that is abitch to remove, which makes it simple to swap out the rails,lock down bar,and the coin door is simple 4 bolts and one connection , everybody just needs to chill out and trust PPS and Rick in making this monumental game.

#3721 9 years ago

That is really good news about not having double sided tape. That makes it much easier to swap out the hardware. Can Rick confirm this here?

#3722 9 years ago

He has. Just read throught the last 74 pages

#3723 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

That is really good news about not having double sided tape. That makes it much easier to swap out the hardware. Can Rick confirm this here?

I'm pretty sure in the vid from TPF (31 posts above this on this page) the guy said there was tape on the rails but the tape did not touch the artwork, thereby allowing for rail removal without damaging cabinet side art. (Made me wonder where they position the tape?)

#3724 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

(Made me wonder where they position the tape.)

Maybe the art is just trimmed off under the rails to avoid the problem, since you can't see it there anyway?

#3725 9 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

Hmm now I'm confused -- in the video posted a couple days ago on the PPS site (from their presentation at the Texas show), one of the Chicago Coin representatives says it WILL be attached with double-sided tape, but that the decals don't go up that far, so the tape is only attached to wood, not decal.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3726 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Maybe the art is just trimmed off under the rails to avoid the problem, since you can't see it there anyway?

Yes, that is correct.

#3727 9 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I'm pretty sure in the vid from TPF (31 posts above this on this page) the guy said there was tape on the rails but the tape did not touch the artwork, thereby allowing for rail removal without damaging cabinet side art. (Made me wonder where they position the tape?)

But can the rails be removed without damaging the rails themselves? Because as important as this subject appears to be I'm guessing that a lot of MMr buyers are going to want to change out these rails. A lot. And then they may want to go back to the original ones that they already took off.

I think the LE games should have some kind of a quick rail release system to simplify rail removal, and so the rails can still be re-used.

#3728 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

But can the rails be removed without damaging the rails themselves? Because as important as this subject appears to be I'm guessing that a lot of MMr buyers are going to want to change out these rails. A lot. And then they may want to go back to the original ones that they already took off.
I think the LE games should have some kind of a quick rail release system to simplify rail removal, and so the rails can still be re-used.

Sure the rails can be removed without damaging them, you just have to go slow and take your time. The pain in the ass part will be removing the old tape and cleaning it all off so you can apply new double sided tape. The only way to make it easy to remove would be if Stern style side rails are used which are held in by screws.

#3729 9 years ago

Brass legs Arrived for my Medieval
Much better then the red

20140513_184705.jpg20140513_184705.jpg
#3730 9 years ago

New rails are only $47.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=822

Quoted from viper001:

But can the rails be removed without damaging the rails themselves?

An even $50 if you need the tape.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=922

I wouldn't worry too much. In fact, if I were to change the rail color I'd probably order another set just so my game isn't down during the process.

#3731 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

Brass legs Arrived for my Medieval
Much better then the red

Looks much better than powder coated mustard also. But I think purple is the ticket!

#3732 9 years ago

^^^ Do you have pics of this?

#3733 9 years ago

Brass definitely does not look good on MM, or the cheaper version, MMR.

#3734 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Brass definitely does not look good on MM, or the cheaper version, MMR.

You are right... it looks fantastic !

#3735 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You are right... it looks fantastic !

I agree!!!

#3736 9 years ago

I too think the gold finish looked much better in the video. Still in for gold trim!

#3737 9 years ago

I'm really looking forward to the new LED code being displayed at PAGG. You've told us about that, and the updated castle sequence, is there anything else new people should be on the lookout for?

Has the high quality audio been implemented? Maybe the PAGG guys will let you get a group of guys together 30 minutes before they open or close so people can play and be able to hear the upgraded audio.

At this point, what's left? Anything?

I'd love to see gameplay video with the new LED behavior on all settings, and also a walk through of some of the different operator adjustments (like display color, flipper strength, LED behavior etc..).

Also, is the brightness of the LEDs adjustable? Did we ever confirm that one way or the other.

#3738 9 years ago

To my knowledge they haven't mentioned the LED brightness being adjustable, just the level of fade between on/off for incandescent simulation. Seems to me max brightness level would be cake by comparison -- probably just a matter of coding it in.

#3739 9 years ago

I believe it was mentioned in the TPF video posted earlier. I could be wrong though.

Quoted from pezpunk:

To my knowledge they haven't mentioned the LED brightness being adjustable, just the level of fade between on/off for incandescent simulation. Seems to me max brightness level would be cake by comparison -- probably just a matter of coding it in.

#3740 9 years ago

Here is where it's mentioned that the LEDs will have brightness settings, copy and past I don't think the embedded youtube works with the time option:

#3742 9 years ago

Some important updates for everyone on MMR - Stern assembly arrangement, MMR had to be pulled from PAGG (sorry!), Trim trying to get to PAGG (we're fedexing!), and Open House(s) at Chicago Gaming on SATURDAY (May 17):

We have announced a specialty manufacturing arrangement using Stern Pinball Inc's factory to do the major assemblies for MMR.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr/

Due to some of the changes per the Stern assembly arrangement (and different pressure) that puts on things (which is a good thing), we need to pull the game that was going to PAGG (UL testing, Final preparations, etc) - we are not happy about this, but it's either accelerate the build by getting things that have to be finalized done. So, unfortunately there will be no MMR at PAGG. We are building a couple of more pilot games, and then the pre-production games, but the timing was horrible as we needed that game in Chicago.

We are trying to have the Gold and Black (Shiny) trim samples at PAGG, so hopefully as long as Fedex can find the Dixon fairgrounds we hope to have samples there.

Additionally, we are having an Open House to see and play the MMR and talk to Chicago Gaming on Sat, May 17 (10AM-1PM CST) at Chicago Gaming headquarters (4616 W 19th Street, Cicero, IL 60804). We will set a schedule to try to have weekly or bi-weekly open houses as well. Anyone interested just 'show up'!

thanks
[email protected]

#3743 9 years ago

WOW! I certainly didn't see that coming!

#3745 9 years ago

Thanks for the update Rick. Things are moving along.

#3746 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Some important updates for everyone on MMR - Stern assembly arrangement, MMR had to be pulled from PAGG (sorry!), Trim trying to get to PAGG (we're fedexing!), and Open House(s) at Chicago Gaming on SATURDAY (May 17):
We have announced a specialty manufacturing arrangement using Stern Pinball Inc's factory to do the major assemblies for MMR.
http://www.planetarypinball.com/category/mmr/
Due to some of the changes per the Stern assembly arrangement (and different pressure) that puts on things (which is a good thing), we need to pull the game that was going to PAGG (UL testing, Final preparations, etc) - we are not happy about this, but it's either accelerate the build by getting things that have to be finalized done. So, unfortunately there will be no MMR at PAGG. We are building a couple of more pilot games, and then the pre-production games, but the timing was horrible as we needed that game in Chicago.
We are trying to have the Gold and Black (Shiny) trim samples at PAGG, so hopefully as long as Fedex can find the Dixon fairgrounds we hope to have samples there.
Additionally, we are having an Open House to see and play the MMR and talk to Chicago Gaming on Sat, May 17 (10AM-1PM CST) at Chicago Gaming headquarters (4616 W 19th Street, Cicero, IL 60804). We will set a schedule to try to have weekly or bi-weekly open houses as well. Anyone interested just 'show up'!
thanks
[email protected]

To me this is actually good news. I would prefer the game delivered on time and bug free then to see it at some show instead. Given the two choices I'm glad you chose to tweak the game and accelerate the build instead.

#3747 9 years ago

I like the "black(shiny) part, but not to crazy about Stern building them. I thought PPS were going to be more like JJP and manufacture the pins themselves. Oh well, happy to see that they're still on schedule and they're taking any steps possible to make sure of it!

#3748 9 years ago

Yes, but very painful to have to make that call, as I so wanted the game at PAGG as it's 'our' (PPS/BAA) home show and we wanted to show it off ... but the bigger goal is to get these things out the door and sometimes the hard decisions have to be made ... we will work on getting more visibility with more games asap starting with the regular open houses at Chicago Gaming, etc.

rick

#3749 9 years ago
Quoted from herg:

WOW! I certainly didn't see that coming!

Which part?

I like Stern Mnfg, Shiny black trim, open house and accelerate production.

#3750 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Due to some of the changes per the Stern assembly arrangement (and different pressure) that puts on things (which is a good thing), we need to pull the game that was going to PAGG

Now I feel better about missing the show this weekend, that was one thing I was bummed about not getting to see. Glad to hear the black trim is gonna be shiny though, Rick gets another gold star for listening to feedback.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
Led
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs
Other
$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 26.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Wolcott, CT
There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.