(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 110.
#3651 9 years ago

1. Chrome
2. Shiny Black
3. Stainless
4. Flat black
10. Mustard

#3652 9 years ago

LOL. So sorry to personally offend you By all means, carry on with this wonderful trim discussion.

Quoted from chooch:

There is a separate thread just for info and updates.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medieval-madness-remake-updates

So feel free to follow that instead of this thread if it bothers you so much. Somehow I don't think you will be missed.

#3653 9 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

1. Chrome
2. Shiny Black
3. Stainless
4. Flat black
10. Mustard

1. Metallic Black (gold flake/sparkle?) or Stainless
2. Gloss Black
3. Cleared Brass
4. Flat Black
10. Mustard / Chrome

#3654 9 years ago

Double post

#3656 9 years ago

1. Solid gold
2. Nickel black
3. Solid brass
4. None of the above

#3657 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

1. Solid gold
2. Nickel black
3. Solid brass
4. None of the above

God I hate Nickelback…...

#3658 9 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

God I hate Nickelback…..

How bout Pennywise?

#3659 9 years ago

Brass

20140509_214350.jpg20140509_214350.jpg
#3660 9 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

invisiglass will be a added option.

Really?

#3661 9 years ago

20140509_214212.jpg20140509_214212.jpg
#3662 9 years ago

Wow, brass looks like ass

#3663 9 years ago

yes really

Quoted from PPS:

I expect to have an Anti-Reflective glass (similar to Invisiglass TM) at least as a purchase option - the reason it makes sense to install it at the factory is that it's a pain and expensive to ship separately, so I want to get this put in as at least a discounted purchase option for the game. Stay tuned.
rick

Quoted from PPS:

A/R glass as an option would likely be about $175 +/-
rick

#3664 9 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

it makes sense to install it at the factory is that it's a pain and expensive to ship separately,

Wouldn't this also be true of some high quality trim?

#3665 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

Brass

20140509_214350.jpg 287 KB

I think these picks show why Rick said shiny gold (brass) doesn't work with MM. It *sorta* works with TOM because of the fake brass/gold painted on the cab but against the dark blue MM cab it *really* clashes... to me anyways.

I don't have a horse in this as I still have the one I bought in '97 in my living room but I think black or stainless should be the only ones considered. Neither draw your eye to them and isn't that what you want? To see the the machine... and not some gaudy legs and trim?

No offense to your machine as I can see why you did it to match your other titles. Plus you might like it that way... certainly nothing wrong with that

#3666 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wouldn't this also be true of some high quality trim?

Heard that brother.

#3667 9 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I think these picks show why Rick said shiny gold (brass) doesn't work with MM. It *sorta* works with TOM because of the fake brass/gold painted on the cab but against the dark blue MM cab it *really* clashes... to me anyways.
I don't have a horse in this as I still have the one I bought in '97 in my living room but I think black or stainless should be the only ones considered. Neither draw your eye to them and isn't that what you want? To see the the machine... and not some gaudy legs and trim?
No offense to your machine as I can see why you did it to match your other titles. Plus you might like it that way... certainly nothing wrong with that

Thanks... Having Medieval Madness in the Middle without the Gold Trim looked Off....
I am still waiting on a set of Gold Flipper buttons to install and I think i need to buy a set of Brass legs for it as well as i am undecided about the Red Legs..
Originally was going to do all red trim like I have on my CV ( which is Purple)

20140327_191748-1-365.jpg20140327_191748-1-365.jpg
#3668 9 years ago

So, anyone going to PAGG next weekend planning on taking a few games of decent HD video of this thing? Since the Texas guys let us down in that department...

#3669 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I like Chrome trim on my MM

image-564.jpg 31 KB

Nice looking game

#3670 9 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Wow, brass looks like ass

It seems like his camera has some sort of filter that makes objects appear 50% uglier than they are in real life.

#3671 9 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Nice looking game

Thanks Gio

#3672 9 years ago

Jkdblaze... Not sure why the nasty comment??
To each their own.. Are we not adults here?

#3673 9 years ago

Don't take it personally. It's just the trim of a pinball machine. If you're happy with it, what else matters? While I don't like it, I just thought my post was a cleaver rhyme, hence the smily face. Same with the other guy, just making a joke. No big deal.

Quoted from FullBlown:

#3674 9 years ago

sorry to go OT of the trim question but is the playfield suppose to be screened or the new printing process like on WOZ?
Thanks for any info.

#3675 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

Perhaps you misread my comment. I like brass on MM. I was just pointing out to jalpert that your picture was not doing it justice and that your game probably looks better in person.

#3676 9 years ago

Lets move on....no other concerns?

#3677 9 years ago

MoveAlong.jpegMoveAlong.jpeg

#3678 9 years ago

Well if I don't like any of the trim offering's then I will just get the rails, lockdown bar and legs how I want when it arrives but it would be great to have an option of having the rails 'loose' in the box etc so this is far easier but I'm sure people will poo poo this idea.

I can understand Rick wouldn't like this idea of sending out a machine 'not finished' but if the buyer agrees to that with their distributor that they want that option then I cannot see a real problem.

#3679 9 years ago
Quoted from FullBlown:

20140509_214212.jpg 263 KB

I am sorry but that looks terrible. Reminds me of a lamp at my great grandmothers old house. Brass is just old looking in my opinion, glad you like it.

#3680 9 years ago
Quoted from WIKED:

Well if I don't like any of the trim offering's then I will just get the rails, lockdown bar and legs how I want when it arrives but it would be great to have an option of having the rails 'loose' in the box etc so this is far easier but I'm sure people will poo poo this idea.
I can understand Rick wouldn't like this idea of sending out a machine 'not finished' but if the buyer agrees to that with their distributor that they want that option then I cannot see a real problem.

I really don't want to drop $8k and then "finish" the game myself. I hope something can be done with the colors that gets everyone excited. I'm looking forward to the feedback from the upcoming show.

#3681 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I really don't want to drop $8k and then "finish" the game myself. I hope something can be done with the colors that gets everyone excited. I'm looking forward to the feedback from the upcoming show.

The game will be finished from the factory, if you want to change the rails thats your choice. its not like hes going to ship an unfinished game. Stainless rails were how the ge was originally, and standard parts for 60 years.

#3682 9 years ago

Sometimes I'm ashamed that I like pinball so much, especially when I hear people whining about trim on an MMLE pinball machine that was only a concept not too long ago. Be grateful that we have an opportunity to buy a new one with upgraded electronics and that we're not paying 12k+ for it!

#3683 9 years ago

Maybe a "Brazilian Option"?

(ships with no trim)

#3684 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

(ships with no trim)

I laughed out loud.

--Donnie

#3685 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

(ships with no trim)

If Jay Leno had you as a writer, he would still have a job.

#3686 9 years ago

It can't ship with no trim or the glass would break.

Here are some nice looking, real brass rails and lockdowns to drool over:

http://www.pinballdecals.com/WMSCabinetPartsPage.html

#3687 9 years ago

When is this pin shipping?

#3688 9 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It can't ship with no trim or the glass would break.
Here are some nice looking, real brass rails and lockdowns to drool over:
http://www.pinballdecals.com/WMSCabinetPartsPage.html

The Medevial Madness Brass i posted is from PinballDecals

#3689 9 years ago

I bet rick is wishing he never offered any options.

#3690 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I bet rick is wishing he never offered any options.

I bet he isn't wishing that at all.

In fact I bet he's proud of the fact that he is listening to customer feedback. He should be.

#3691 9 years ago

He should also be proud that this is all people can come up with right now to debate about not saying it won't change but I'd consider it a win

#3693 9 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Rick just posted the video from his TPF seminar on the PPS blog, here:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-seminar-at-tpf-posted/
» YouTube video

The gold actually doesn't look that bad in the video. I guess it's something you need to see in real life.

#3694 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

The gold actually doesn't look that bad in the video. I guess it's something you need to see in real life.

Yep. That LE gold powdercoat works for me. Come on end of Q2 2014!!!!!
~Steveo

#3695 9 years ago

I'm leaning toward the Gold as well. Rick has done well so far with this, I'm thinking he is not going to sell something that looks bad.

#3696 9 years ago

The gold is probably not going to change and it's the best color that goes with the artwork/cabinet/playfield ... the good news is there is black and original stainless/zinc as well.

rick

#3697 9 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

The brass is a better match to the playfield (brass ramps) than the cabinet, but blue and orange/gold are classic complimentary colors and the orange and yellow on the cabinet are the closest color match to metallic brass. Silver matches the grey castle and grey playfield art. Black clashes with nothing. Choices are good.

#3698 9 years ago

it may appear from time to time that we are dumbasses on this color thing, but we are trying to find a gold that looks good with the game, not by itself ...

#3699 9 years ago

Good thing stainless steel never clashed with any of the artwork.

#3700 9 years ago

I'm surprised chrome isn't being considered. Its an LE version on stainless

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.