(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 110.
#3401 9 years ago

Umm, seems like you brought a politician into the conversation. Set the example bud?

#3402 9 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Umm, seems like you brought a politician into the conversation. Set the example bud?

the previous 2 posts were all about the conservative fairy tale of lazy poor people living high on the hog on welfare. Nobody wants political discussion in a pinball thread, as illustrated by your disapproval of MY overtly political comment. I thought my point was pretty obvious.

#3403 9 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

the previous 2 posts were all about the conservative fairy tale of lazy poor people living high on the hog on welfare.

I believe you misread mine Mr. Pezpunk. Although I did say "high on the hog". And that I choose not to live that way.

#3405 9 years ago

Please guys knock off all the political talk and lets try to keep this thread on topic. All other random topics can be discussed in new/different threads.

#3406 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Please guys knock off all the political talk and lets try to keep this thread on topic. All other random topics can be discussed in new/different threads.

Finally, someone with sense.

#3407 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

nope ... nothing up. We are just in the middle of building the pre-production games, and we either work on the game or we work on going to this show as it hits right in the middle of the schedule where it's difficult to do both.
rick

And right there is the difference between PPS and JJ.. JJ would delay his game to go out to shows - PPS has the game itself as the priority. Bravo.

#3408 9 years ago
Quoted from DarkWizard:

You son of a beach

Great song by Accept.

#3410 9 years ago

Nice to have a choice.

#3411 9 years ago

Well done! Thanks!!!!!!

#3412 9 years ago

Another update on the additional menu controls - Changeable display colors (to ANY color), Flipper control strength adjustment, and Incandescent (inserts) emulation!

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-update-cgc-menu-display-color-flipper-strength-incandescent-emulation/

[email protected]

#3413 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Another update on the additional menu controls - Changeable display colors (to ANY color), Flipper control strength adjustment, and Incandescent (inserts) emulation!
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-update-cgc-menu-display-color-flipper-strength-incandescent-emulation/
[email protected]

Thanks for the info Rick, please keep it coming!

#3414 9 years ago

Nice going with the black trim!!

#3415 9 years ago

We will have an MMR at Pin A Go-Go, that game will then come to PPS/BAA HQ in San Jose for about a week and then go up to Seattle to the Northwest Pinball Show first week of June. Someone from Chicago Gaming (tbd) will be coming I believe to both shows. Not sure which game will be coming, but whatever game it is it will have the latest electronics, we will have black and gold trim there, and whatever else we can have ... yes, it is quite a challenge to try to build a game and have people and one or more games shipping to shows ...

#3416 9 years ago

Latest Castle Sequence!

(note: glass is off the machine, so sounds will be different than when on!)

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-update-latest-and-greatest-castle-sequence/

#3417 9 years ago

Rick, to help fuel your early morning posting.... Super caffeinated.

coffee.pngcoffee.png

#3418 9 years ago

Some additional pieces parts pics - CPU/Controller, Backbox Tub, Shiny brite Wire Ramps ...

Note, we will have MM Wire ramps coming soon - correct, blueprint spec, and also will be offering them in 'raw' form to allow people to plate them as they wish (like black, etc).

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-update-pieces-parts/

[email protected]

#3419 9 years ago

I can't wait to get my MMr

Everything looks great Rick.

Keep up the good work/communications.

#3420 9 years ago

Thanks for the updates, Rick! The gold ramps look great. The castle sequence timing looks much better. It may just be me, but the front left tower seems to go limp a little early. Not a big deal.

It's interesting to see that the black trim you chose is textured (kind of like a Stern Pro). I thought it would be smooth powder coat, or a mirrored nickel-type finish. Either of the latter would feel more like an LE upgrade to me. The textured black feels more like a (Stern Pro) stock trim option. Anyway, I appreciate you offering the black trim option and may end up really liking it in person. It just wasn't what I expected. Once again, not a big deal.

Good decision adding the new menu options for the leds, coil strength, and display colors. The custom RGB options are cool, but I think lazy people like me will also like the option to simply choose red, blue, green, purple, orange, etc. Perhaps you could include both?

I think the back box lighting tub, tiny CPU board and main lamp board will take a little getting used to because they're so different and new. With that said, if they do what they're supposed to and are user-friendly to work on I think people will come around. I know I will.

I'm really looking forward to seeing and playing MMR for the first time at Pinagogo. Will you or someone from Chicago be there Fri, Sat, & Sun?

#3421 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

It's interesting to see that the black trim you chose is textured (kind of like a Stern Pro). I thought it would be smooth powder coat, or a mirrored nickel-type finish. Either of the latter would feel more like an LE upgrade to me. The textured black feels more

I was really hoping to see a high gloss black powdercoat instead of the textured look.

Regardless, I like the black over the gold powdercoat any day.

#3422 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Incandescent (inserts) emulation!

Thank you for this. Now it's like having a built-in LED OCD.

#3423 9 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The castle sequence timing looks much better. It may just be me, but the front left tower seems to go limp a little early. Not a big deal.

I see what you mean, but boy if that's all we've got so far to bring up then I think we're in good shape.

Overall I am very impressed.

#3424 9 years ago

Is anyone who saw the gold in person getting it? I like the idea of gold, the pictures look ok to me. The black looks like Stern black, so the gold would make the game stand out. If I hadn't heard negative things about the gold I'd get it. Not sure what to do since I won't be able to see one in person.

#3425 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Is anyone who saw the gold in person getting it? I like the idea of gold, the pictures look ok to me. The black looks like Stern black, so the gold would make the game stand out. If I hadn't heard negative things about the gold I'd get it. Not sure what to do since I won't be able to see one in person.

Yes please give an opinion I like the gold option as well but will not be able to see it in person.

#3426 9 years ago

Feel the same. I am kinda back to liking the gold option but havent seen it up close. Arrgh. decisions decisions

#3427 9 years ago

Whoever is in charge of the trim color options over at PPS, needs to be fired. Seriously first the mustard gold powder coat, and now for black they go with Stern Pro crinkle black?

For black all you had to do is go with the regular gloss black powder coat.

If I stay on this pre-order it looks like my only choice would be regular stainless.

#3428 9 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

and now for black they go with Stern Pro crinkle black?

To me, it doesn't look like the crinkle finish.....it looks more "pitted", instead.

#3429 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

To me, it doesn't look like the crinkle finish.....it looks more "pitted", instead.

It looks like the rails off a Damn Data East!

#3430 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Come to think of it the Stern Pro black probably looks better.

#3431 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Another update on the additional menu controls -...Incandescent (inserts) emulation!

Quoted from frolic:

Thank you for this. Now it's like having a built-in LED OCD.

+1

I was one of the ones at TPF who spoke the engineer about this - the inserts without this change were my only complaint. I really appreciate this update and from the video it looks great!

#3432 9 years ago

For me it's still better than steel or gold but yes a smooth black and matching wire forms would have kicked arse!

#3434 9 years ago

Poor trim choices for sure...ugg.

#3435 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

[email protected]

wow. now those are some great features! all three are important to me.

#3436 9 years ago

The led ocd build in is great. Nice. I hope you are still working to fully colorize the software. Saw the gold trim at TPF. It's a no go. Textured black looks like stern, no better. Shiny black powder coat would be best.

#3437 9 years ago

+1 to what everyone else said on the black powder coat ... First I should preface things by saying I love the updates and think overall PPS gets an A+ on this machine. But shiny black powder would be a lot better option than the black shown in the pics that is just like similar machines. Hope it's not too late to look into that as an option.

#3438 9 years ago

I love the changeable display colors, flipper control strength adjustment, and Incandescent (inserts) emulation!

As for the black trim, I must admit I was assuming that it would be a shiny, smooth, black powdercoat vs. the textured black. I think I might actually prefer the gold.

#3439 9 years ago

This is going to be a tough choice. I don't care for the gold or black. I agree with several others that a smooth black would be the best look. Unfortunately, most of us in the east won't be able to see the different trim options in person before we have to make a decision. Maybe the black or gold looks better in person. Might just have to go with silver and possibly spend the extra $ to get powdercoating. Not what I was expecting after spending $8k.

#3440 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Latest Castle Sequence!
(note: glass is off the machine, so sounds will be different than when on!)
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mmr-update-latest-and-greatest-castle-sequence/

YES! It's finally perfect! Thanks for taking the time to dial in the castle sequence and make it perfect. It looks great now, just like the original. Thanks Rick!

#3441 9 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I was really hoping to see a high gloss black powdercoat instead of the textured look.
Regardless, I like the black over the gold powdercoat any day.

I have a smooth black on a restored creech. Not quite high gloss and not quite matt. Anyway - I don't think you want either. Suffers from the same symptoms as a smart phone screen. This looks pitted to me vs stern's "rough" type of black.

that and no matter how good the pics are, its still pretty tough to get an impression of what this is actually going to look like.

#3442 9 years ago

Why don't you guys who are complaining about the legs just go paint your own damn legs? I think they all look great!

#3443 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Why don't you guys who are complaining about the legs just go paint your own damn legs? I think they all look great!

That's always an option of course, but it appears that a majority of people on this thread believe an LE of this cost shouldn't need to be repainted immediately. Smooth black did look awesome in some earlier photos. Thankfully, there's still a small chance to provide feedback which is helping PPS put together a great game.

#3444 9 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Legs are easy. Messing up decals swapping out rails suck. Again glad its happening and Rick is kicking ass on these issues. At this point its these small details that make it easy to stroke a check for this game and probably the next.
Smooth Black and matching wire forms FTW!!

#3445 9 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Changeable display colors (to ANY color)

Hey, Dmod! ^^^ RGB controls!

Quoted from PPS:

Incandescent (inserts) emulation!

That's what I'm talking about. Is the brightness adjustable, too? If so, nicely done.

#3446 9 years ago

I too prefer the smooth (not hammered / textured) black. I also think Rick reads these posts and appreciates the feedback. There may be a reason he choose the hammered look. I'm really looking forward to seeing the game(s) in person at PAGG in 2 weeks.

At this moment, I'm back on the fence. Do I go gold / steal or hammered. I ultimately prefer / want the smooth nickle black. I really don't want to take off the metal and have it done later.

Thanks Rick for the update, we do appreciate it!

#3447 9 years ago

i think the black looks pretty good and am leaning towards that. i think it's awesome that rick is increasing the options and features at this stage.

#3448 9 years ago

I assumed that the black finish would be smooth powdercoat, like Stern. Looking forward to seeing the finishes in person at Pin-a-Go-Go.

Thanks for sharing the details and providing the updates Rick!

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#3449 9 years ago

Woo. The incandescent emulation looks fantastic. Hallelujah!

#3450 9 years ago

I'm thinking stainless at this point is going to look the best, will have to see the black in person to make a final judgment though. Great job with the adjustable LEDs PPS!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 64.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.