(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 213 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5463 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 110.
#3301 5 years ago

Game looks good and the under playfield board set up is interesting. Just my .02 but that gold just looks so out of place with the rest of the colors...

#3302 5 years ago

Any chance we are going to see what it looks like in black any time soon? That was announced as an official color choice, wasn't it?

#3303 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Any chance we are going to see what it looks like in black any time soon? That was announced as an official color choice, wasn't it?

Yes, It was announced at the Texas show.

#3304 5 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

pre production games will be at PAGG in CA

I probably don't see the post about it, but will they be at Allentown too?

#3305 5 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I probably don't see the post about it, but will they be at Allentown too?

I missed this too. I'll definitely go if MMR is there since I have one on order and would love to poke around on one before final commitment.

#3306 5 years ago

Any update on (approx.) when the pre-orders have to be confirmed or canceled by?

#3307 5 years ago

Is MMr going to California Extreme?

#3308 5 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Any update on (approx.) when the pre-orders have to be confirmed or canceled by?

Good question.

#3310 5 years ago

I'd guess Sept, since rick said late Q2 they'd be shipping out.

#3311 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd guess Sept, since rick said late Q2 they'd be shipping out.

Wouldn't late Q2 be June?

#3312 5 years ago
Quoted from Flake:

Wouldn't late Q2 be June?

Thats what I tried looking into, not sure if all businesses follow the same calendar:

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/q/quarter.asp

#3313 5 years ago

Where's Rick when you need him?

Quoted from lordloss:

Thats what I tried looking into, not sure if all businesses follow the same calendar:

#3314 5 years ago

I can't wait to see and play this thing for the first time at PAGG!

#3315 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Poo. I was hoping for June.

#3316 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Q2 is April-June, as per the page you linked to. Businesses may start their fiscal years on different quarters, but Q1-Q4 are always based on the calendar year. Otherwise, the terms would be meaningless.

#3317 5 years ago

For this project to be on track, the first production game needs to leave Chicago on or before June 30th.

#3318 5 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

To be on track, the first production game needs to leave Chicago on or before June 30th.

And Whoa, Nellie (no relation to big mellons) if it doesn't.

#3320 5 years ago

Wow... still no response. You'd think that we would have had to choose what trim color we would want by now?!

#3321 5 years ago

There's always delays as things come up. I wouldn't be surprised if shipping doesn't start until July or August.
At least by then we'll know what the next Stern title is.

#3322 5 years ago

Sorry guys ... just been busy on many things. To try to answer any of the last page questions:

- We are reviewing the black options next week with Chicago Gaming - no, this is not a super critical thing as it's basically a powder coat of the items, which is quick turnaround.
- So far no change from Chicago Gaming in terms of start date (end if Q2 = June)
- We are reviewing with Chicago Gaming which shows we will and will not be at - we were at TPF, we will not be in Allentown, I of course will be at Pin A Go-Go, and then Seattle. Challenge tends to be who will go where and the logistics around games getting shipped around, etc.
- For deposits, we have no need to make them non-refundable, that will change at some point, but will have more on that next month ... capital was never the issue for deposits, it was to confirm the # of games we had sold.

rick

#3323 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

we will not be in Allentown

#3324 5 years ago

we appreciate the transparency, rick. keep up the great work!

#3325 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

- We are reviewing with Chicago Gaming which shows we will and will not be at - we were at TPF, we will not be in Allentown. Challenge tends to be who will go where and the logistics around games getting shipped around, etc.
rick

I'll come pick it up myself if your having problems with logistics.
I read somewhere that Pa has the most pinballs of any state. Even if we weren't first, I'm sure were real close. Why wouldn't you want to show case it? I'm serious about coming out to pick it up!!!!

#3326 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

we will not be in Allentown
rick

Super bummer

#3327 5 years ago

Rick is there anyway you can change your plans for Allentown? After reading all the good news from TPF I doubt that I am going to cancel my order but if I could get my hands on the game before I have to commit it would be greatly appreciated. Plus it would help take the edge off of having to wait a few more months. Thanks !!

#3328 5 years ago
Quoted from gpa_joe:

Rick is there anyway you can change your plans for Allentown? After reading all the good news from TPF I doubt that I am going to cancel my order but if I could get my hands on the game before I have to commit it would be greatly appreciated. Plus it would help take the edge off of having to wait a few more months. Thanks !!

I'm in the same boat. I thought the comment made was that everyone would get a chance to play before fully committing. Wasn't available at Ohio and now not Allentown. A west coast trip would be nice, but not in the cards. Not sure when/where I'll get to play it.

#3329 5 years ago

Hmmm, Something up?

#3330 5 years ago

It wasn't at the mgc either and it's only a few hours from Chicago. Oh well I can wait for it to show up at my house.

#3331 5 years ago

And here we go...

#3332 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Sorry guys ... just been busy on many things. To try to answer any of the last page questions:
- We are reviewing the black options next week with Chicago Gaming - no, this is not a super critical thing as it's basically a powder coat of the items, which is quick turnaround.
- So far no change from Chicago Gaming in terms of start date (end if Q2 = June)
- We are reviewing with Chicago Gaming which shows we will and will not be at - we were at TPF, we will not be in Allentown, I of course will be at Pin A Go-Go, and then Seattle. Challenge tends to be who will go where and the logistics around games getting shipped around, etc.
- For deposits, we have no need to make them non-refundable, that will change at some point, but will have more on that next month ... capital was never the issue for deposits, it was to confirm the # of games we had sold.
rick

Are you showing the game anywhere on the east coast?

#3333 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Are you showing the game anywhere on the east coast?

Maybe at the Jersey show? Will probably be shipping by then though.

#3334 5 years ago

So question? I did not want to read 67 pages of a post. So, I'll just ask and take the criticism. When is the MMLE or MM going to be released (shipping)? I saw them in Frisco but seeing 2 machines doesn't tell me much. Just thought I would ask. You may now start the attacks. Here I'll throw the first stone.

al_throwing_a_stone_cybergedeon_al_throwing_a_stone-555px.png

#3335 5 years ago

Maybe not enough interest? There's only about 80 million people within reasonable driving distance east of Allentown.

#3336 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

So question? I did not want to read 67 pages of a post. So, I'll just ask and take the criticism. When is the MMLE or MM going to be released (shipping)? I saw them in Frisco but seeing 2 machines doesn't tell me much. Just thought I would ask. You may now start the attacks. Here I'll throw the first stone.

al_throwing_a_stone_cybergedeon_... 19 KB

You have 2M Pinside karma points and don't know the answer to this? You won't get it from me.

#3337 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

al_throwing_a_stone_cybergedeon_... 19 KB

Q2 (June 2014)

#3338 5 years ago

Thank you....

#3339 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Hmmm, Something up?

nope ... nothing up. We are just in the middle of building the pre-production games, and we either work on the game or we work on going to this show as it hits right in the middle of the schedule where it's difficult to do both.

rick

#3340 5 years ago

Screw production for 2 days and just come to Allentown

#3341 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead87:

AGREED!!!

#3342 5 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

we will not be in Allentown,

Hard ot blame anyone for not wanting to go there....

It's too bad these shows aren't in nicer areas on the East Coast....

Allentown, PA? Ugh.... that place would have to get 100% nicer to even be considered the armpit of PA

#3343 5 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Allentown, PA? Ugh.... that place would have to get 100% nicer to even be considered the armpit of PA

lol! That's exactly why I wont drive three hours to the middle of bumflick.

Do a show in Annapolis. Now that's a drive worth making. A little pinball, drinks, crabcakes etc

#3344 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead87:

With setup and teardown, delivering games to the local freight depot picking up the games at the destination freight depot, then returning them to the depot, and finally picking them back up locally, you are looking at at least a week of downtime - probably more.

#3345 5 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

l crabcakes etc

Wow...when I first read this real quick I thought it said crackboxes...LOL

#3346 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I thought it said crackboxes...LOL

Sure, that too!

#3347 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead87:

screw production for 2 days and just come to Allentown

#3348 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

With setup and teardown, delivering games to the local freight depot picking up the games at the destination freight depot, then returning them to the depot, and finally picking them back up locally, you are looking at at least a week of downtime - probably more.

Yeah, maybe if there was only one copy of the game and one person working on a release of one machine ("one" helluva limited release)...

more realistically it would be downtime for that one or two games that went to the show. and i only say that b/c Rick is making it sound like there are more machines than that at this point in time.

#3349 5 years ago

Allentown would have been an excellent showcase for MMR during it's ramp up to production and launch.

PPS really couldn't afford not to have MMR at Allentown, even if it means a week of downtime,... was there an overlapping show? Especially in the NE? They would have sold a lot more units and gained much more buzz.

#3350 5 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

Allentown would have been an excellent showcase for MMR during it's ramp up to production and launch.
PPS really couldn't afford not to have MMR at Allentown, even if it means a week of downtime,... was there an overlapping show? Especially in the NE? They would have sold a lot more units and gained much more buzz.

perhaps they are more focused on production than hype right now?

That sounds refreshing to me...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Brownsburg, IN
$ 11.95
There are 5463 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside