(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 110.
#3251 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's okay. Great care is being taken to use only dolphin free wood.
LTG : )™

Just wanted to announce that I am now selling pinball carbon credits.

Feel guilty about the trees that had to die for your game? Send me $100 and the carbon credits will be created in your name.

#3252 10 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Look, its obvious that smell choice is important to your consumers. I think you need to come up with a broad list of smell possibilities and let the people decide.

I think this is what you are looking for . . .

old_pinball_smell.jpgold_pinball_smell.jpg

#3253 10 years ago

yes ... lol ... we need a case of that stuff!

#3254 10 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I think this is what you are looking for . . .

Hahaha, thats great.

"A refreshing blend of ass and beer that will bring back memories."

#3255 10 years ago

I guess some might prefer this, not sure why, but I guess you can get any fragrance you want . . .

pinball-machine-smell.jpgpinball-machine-smell.jpg

#3256 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We have not really fine tuned the smell of MMR, but we are trying to get that '20 year old' smell but with some 2014 'newness' smell ... our main smell engineer is hard at work and so sorry if the MMR's at the show might have smelled to 'new' but we are working on that ... please forgive us! Thanks for the great question.
rick

He wasn't doing any smell research at PAPA recently was he?

#3257 10 years ago

not a smoker or anything, but i do kind of find that smokey smell endearing....

#3258 10 years ago

Does LE come with shaker?

I love new pinball smell.

#3259 10 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Does LE come with shaker?
I love new pinball smell.

Yes it comes with shaker, ultra wood cabinet bottom, and $100 powder coat job.

#3260 10 years ago
Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Yes it comes with shaker, ultra wood cabinet bottom, and $100 powder coat job.

.....and currently has an option to use 1 of 4 colored displays. I liked the green dots at TPF

#3261 10 years ago

The last page of posts has been hilarious. Goes to show how a great showing at TPF can lighten almost everyone's mood. Been on the fence for months but after having played it at TPF, I'm jumping in 100%.

#3262 10 years ago

EPIC UPDATE:

We have narrowed in on an updated smell, and are in the process of trademarking, copyrighting, and patenting it! It will be Epic, as only things that are Epic are cool. After the Epic decision to pursue this, we are making the Epic decision to name it - PinButts(tm) is already in use, so this is not possible (but would be a good one!), but we have some good names we are evaluating. We have sampled some of the above concoctions, but just like a fine perfume we are tuning the formula to get the right smell at the right time (there shall be no wine ...). Anyways, this will be ONLY on LE's (hahaha Std owners!!!) and so the LE owners NOW have a key differentiator which will be worth ALOT of money when they want to resell (after the warranty is up ...) ...

#3263 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

EPIC UPDATE:

We have narrowed in on an updated smell, and are in the process of trademarking, copyrighting, and patenting it! It will be Epic, as only things that are Epic are cool. After the Epic decision to pursue this, we are making the Epic decision to name it - PinButts(tm) is already in use, so this is not possible (but would be a good one!), but we have some good names we are evaluating. We have sampled some of the above concoctions, but just like a fine perfume we are tuning the formula to get the right smell at the right time (there shall be no wine ...). Anyways, this will be ONLY on LE's (hahaha Std owners!!!) and so the LE owners NOW have a key differentiator which will be worth ALOT of money when they want to resell (after the warranty is up ...) ...

Time to get back to work, Rick .

#3264 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Time to get back to work, Rick .

Yep, 3 days too late for that joke Rick

#3265 10 years ago

If not PinButts....How about PinAss? Not sure this scent is trade marked as of yet.
Rick, Thanks for making the LE's that much better than the lowly standard versions.

#3266 10 years ago
Quoted from loren3233:

If not PinButts....How about PinAss? Not sure this scent is trade marked as of yet.

Stern trademarked it. That's why NIB Sterns smell like microwave burrito farts.

#3267 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Yep, 3 days too late for that joke Rick

Actually I think Rick has been working too hard! Go have a beer Rick!

#3268 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Anyways, this will be ONLY on LE's (hahaha Std owners!!!)

Good one. Stick it to them weak kneed blokes! If they want cigarette smell, they'll have to flick their own butts inside the cabinet.

#3269 10 years ago

Give us something Photos of production, some more video of gameplay, something. Otherwise, this thread is basically going to die until the end of May when the games turn up in public again.

#3270 10 years ago

Hundreds of people played the game at tpf, so we were assuming that with all of that exposure there, there would be plenty of video ... so APB for all cell phone video of the game please post ...

#3271 10 years ago

No kidding, right? I think so far we have literally one 45 second video.

Quoted from PPS:

so we were assuming that with all of that exposure there, there would be plenty of video ... so APB for all cell phone video of the game please post ...

#3272 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

No, it's 47 seconds

#3273 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

EPIC UPDATE:

Jack? Is that you?

#3274 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

EPIC UPDATE:

Why not just call the fragrance "Epic" to bring it full circle?

#3275 10 years ago

Medieval Musk the fragrance by Puew, Pong & Smell (PPS), London, New York and Anus er I mean Paris

#3276 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Here are 3 I've posted. http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/videos-of-mmr-at-texas-pinball-festival

I've got another video coming.

#3277 10 years ago

Here is another video from the seminar.

#3278 10 years ago

You seem to have a lot of video in 1min chunks, did you record the whole thing? Can you upload the seminar in it's entirety?

Quoted from PinballHog:

Here is another video from the seminar.

#3279 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Jack? Is that you?

No... silly...

There wouldn't be so many words.. generally it would be a ambiguous facebook photo to answer a directly worded question...

#3280 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

You seem to have a lot of video in 1min chunks, did you record the whole thing? Can you upload the seminar in it's entirety?

That's all I have. My mem was low on my phone and ran out of space. Sorry.

#3281 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballHog:

That's all I have. My mem was low on my phone and ran out of space. Sorry.

Dude,

You're the only one who has posted anything in this thread, so you have NOTHING to be sorry for.

I'm more disappointed in the rest of the people who talked it up about taking all this supposed video footage of the machine and not posting SHIT.

Anyway, overall I'm pretty confident I'll be getting a high quality product. but damn, part of this whole journey is the anticipation and getting to go through this process w/ all the kind folks here on pinside. It's just surprising after all that talk, there isn't much video.

This thread has been a blast, the highs and lows. We are well on our way to an MMr. We are now in Q2 baby. What an exciting time to see an amazing product. To see through the process of an amazing product from a mere idea in the minds of a few to a miracle knocking at our doorsteps. And then the next day I'll be playing MMr in my underpants. (and you too, pinside, don't lie)

#3282 10 years ago

Quick question: How are the inserts ?
I just finished a repro playfield swap and I'm really turned off by the crazing in the inserts.
The explanation I've read somewhere : Crazing is unavoidable. It existed in the past. Deal with it.

Will the MMr inserts be clear and clean ?

#3283 10 years ago

Quick question: wtf is crazing?

#3284 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Hundreds of people played the game at tpf, so we were assuming that with all of that exposure there, there would be plenty of video ..

And probably already quite an aroma.

#3286 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And probably already quite an aroma.

and where are those videos ?

#3287 10 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

and where are those videos

Moonlanding studios.

#3288 10 years ago

Will the existing Display be able to be fully colorized or will that require a different display?

#3289 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Will the existing Display be able to be fully colorized or will that require a different display?

Existing. It's already a color LCD monitor.

#3290 10 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

According to several other posts the only thing needed would be a software update. Rick has said that the LE Should have the update provided for free and the standard may or may not have a fee.

#3291 10 years ago

Did we ever find out how and what is lighting up the translite?

#3292 10 years ago
Quoted from jamieflowers:

According to several other posts the only thing needed would be a software update. Rick has said that the LE Should have the update provided for free and the standard may or may not have a fee.

Thanks. Coming to this a little late and hard to catch up with all the info.

#3293 10 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

These past few weeks, I had honestly been considering offering to trade my NIB MMR LE for a collector quality original MM. After reading all the recent MMR news, NO WAY! MMR sounds so much superior with all the updated electronics, software upgrade abilities, less maintenance (no more changing bulbs every few weeks), no more pulling a million cables to change a transistor (sounds like we can just replace the whole board now for a reasonable price). And, now the black trim option being available puts the icing on the cake. Can't wait to open up, touch, smell, and play my NIB MMR. Kinda reminds me of my "first time" as a teenage boy lol.

What is the 'software upgrade abilities'?

#3294 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What is the 'software upgrade abilities'?

Full color dmd, uncompressed sound files for full stereo sound, and possibly extra game modes.

#3295 9 years ago

Are we still on track for first shipments in Q2?

#3296 9 years ago
Quoted from mark9:

Are we still on track for first shipments in Q2?

Yes, according to Rick at Texas Pinball Fest, we are on track for "late Q2".

#3297 9 years ago

I'm not sure I'd bet against all the MMLE's being shipped before all the WOZLE's.

#3298 9 years ago

Was TPF going to be the only show stop the games were going to make before they start up production?

#3299 9 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Was TPF going to be the only show stop the games were going to make before they start up production?

pre production games will be at PAGG in CA

#3300 9 years ago
Quoted from 2000_Alum:

pre production games will be at PAGG in CA

I think PPS will have some machines at NW Pinball & Arcade Show in early June too before the shipments start

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 64.99
There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.