(Topic ID: 67443)

MMR PPS and Overall Update - Official PPS (Oct 21, 2013)

By PPS

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,463 posts
  • 470 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-77.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
pps.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Screenshot_2013-11-01-14-19-50.png
Screenshot_2013-09-14-17-45-13.png
yawn.jpg
Rick.jpg
42-3079-100.JPG
issue tissue.jpg
facepalmgroup.gif
elephant-in-the-room.jpg
math.gif
untitled.png

This topic is closed.

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 110.
#3201 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Might not be hard, for you. Would be for most.

LTG : )™

Quoted from PPS:

springs and various adjustments ...

see? straight from Rick. It ain't hard....maybe just hard for people who really need to get the last word, though

#3202 10 years ago

Well I'm glad to see the MMR debut at the show was a success and the overall response is positive.
I'm so glad I was able to get in on a MMRLE. Cannot wait for delivery!
Judging by the response on the trim , I will probably go with the Black option but still will have to see it first.
Congrats to Rick and his team! They are really handling this project very professionally leaving no stone unturned.
I haven't seen any responses from Teekee is he busy ordering one up?

#3203 10 years ago

Rick, there was a comment in one of these threads about a solenoid that quit working on one of the games and it was an easy fix as a wire had come loose. That got me thinking, with all of those connectors on your new driver boards the plugs seem to plug straight into the top of the board, so that when the playfield is in it's normal operating position they will be hanging straight down. Do those connections have any kind of a locking tab (not sure what the technical name is) to prevent them from working loose in that position? I'm asking not to stir up anything but if not you might want to ask the CG engineers to consider it now so that it won't be an issue when these games are out in the wild and getting a lot of play (and vibration).

Congrats either way on a great showing at Texas. Sounds like you won over a bunch of critics!

#3204 10 years ago

Congrats !!!
bye bye virtual MM

#3205 10 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Rick, there was a comment in one of these threads about a solenoid that quit working on one of the games and it was an easy fix as a wire had come loose. That got me thinking, with all of those connectors on your new driver boards the plugs seem to plug straight into the top of the board, so that when the playfield is in it's normal operating position they will be hanging straight down. Do those connections have any kind of a locking tab (not sure what the technical name is) to prevent them from working loose in that position? I'm asking not to stir up anything but if not you might want to ask the CG engineers to consider it now so that it won't be an issue when these games are out in the wild and getting a lot of play (and vibration).
Congrats either way on a great showing at Texas. Sounds like you won over a bunch of critics!

What exactly happened was for that game, the moat switch wire they put on with quick connectors and one of them fell off. On the production games these will be soldered, so no issue.

Yes, all of the connectors have locking tabs - of course.

rick

#3206 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Yes, all of the connectors have locking tabs - of course.
rick

Awesome Rick. As we have spoken about offline I have no interest in MMr but would be very interested in some future titles you might do.

#3207 10 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Awesome Rick. As we have spoken about offline I have no interest in MMr but would be very interested in some future titles you might do.

future titles?

#3208 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

future titles?

April Fools!!

#3210 10 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

These past few weeks, I had honestly been considering offering to trade my NIB MMR LE for a collector quality original MM. After reading all the recent MMR news, NO WAY! MMR sounds so much superior with all the updated electronics, software upgrade abilities, less maintenance (no more changing bulbs every few weeks), no more pulling a million cables to change a transistor (sounds like we can just replace the whole board now for a reasonable price). And, now the black trim option being available puts the icing on the cake. Can't wait to open up, touch, smell, and play my NIB MMR. Kinda reminds me of my "first time" as a teenage boy lol.

I've been in quietly since the beginning. I must admit if an original came up for sale at the MMR price +/- . I would have probably bought it and requested a refund.

No more! I like hearing about the upgrades. I like that the LE's are getting preferential treatment.

Hats off to Rick and Planetary !

#3211 10 years ago

Estimates on how many games per week Chicago gaming can make?

#3212 10 years ago
Quoted from nipenzo:

#3213 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

future titles?

<wink>

#3215 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The remake will definitely benefit existing MM owners now that they can get all the parts they need.

That's what I'm most happiest about and why I cancelled my MMr, I already got an original so extra parts are always great to have laying around.

#3216 10 years ago
Quoted from nipenzo:

+1 GREAT question

the giddiness is well underway.......

#3217 10 years ago
Quoted from nipenzo:

How many do you want?

#3218 10 years ago
Quoted from nipenzo:

No clue, but Rick said in his seminar at TPF that they target having all LE's shipped by end of the year. Reverse engineering that assuming deliveries star end of june that would mean at least about 40 per week

#3219 10 years ago
Quoted from yotaxi125:

yeah castle parts maybe. hardware though, not so much. it ain't hard.

Don't get it twisted, I am not available.

#3220 10 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

How many do you want?

ill take 1 delivered next week

dont think i can take another 6 months of checking this thread daily

#3221 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Thanks. Anyone know of any other place beside JJP that has one for sale. I emailed Pinball Phil and GEX. Seeing the LEDs ( I Love!) which I feared would be too toned down and now the black trim is awesome. Heck I may go for all the remakes now.
If I can purchase from anyone than that one place. Otherwise I guess I am out.
Edit: FOUND ONE : )

I just read this after emailing you from the earlier post. Sorry just trying to help.

#3222 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

future titles?

Well sure Rick. Folks seem to be under the impression you are going to redesign and remake every WMS pinball machine made in the 1990's, wrapping up in 2023 with the highly sought after POPEYE:LE. Don't tell us you are going to let us all down...

#3223 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

EPIC future titles-ish

Fixed it for you.

#3225 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Popeye would be epic.

You heard it here first, folks - Popeye Saves the World is the next remake by PPS!

#3226 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Popeye would be epic ...

You mean its not now?

#3227 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Popeye would be epic ...

By then I predict you will be offering over 27 different colors of playfield glass hold down trim colors on the Popeye:LE ...

#3228 10 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

By then I predict you will be offering over 27 different colors of playfield glass hold down trim colors on the Popeye:LE ...

so few?

#3229 10 years ago

Rick,

How does the new MM smell? Does it smell like a brand new MM or like a cheap refake? What have you guys done to make sure it smells just like an original NIB MM?

#3230 10 years ago

We have not really fine tuned the smell of MMR, but we are trying to get that '20 year old' smell but with some 2014 'newness' smell ... our main smell engineer is hard at work and so sorry if the MMR's at the show might have smelled to 'new' but we are working on that ... please forgive us! Thanks for the great question.

rick

#3231 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

We have not really fine tuned the smell of MMR, but we are trying to get that '20 year old' smell but with some 2014 'newness' smell ... our main smell engineer is hard at work and so sorry if the MMR's at the show might have smelled to 'new' but we are working on that ... please forgive us!
rick

I would really appreciate the smell of mine to have that bowling alley with a hint of cigarette smoke....Maybe let them sit in a cask for a bit. Bourbon never hurt anyone

#3232 10 years ago

Look, its obvious that smell choice is important to your consumers. I think you need to come up with a broad list of smell possibilities and let the people decide.

#3233 10 years ago

Love this thread recently.

#3234 10 years ago

(Reposting since Rick is looking lol)

Rick - congrats on the successful Texas showing!

Quick question and I apologize if this has been covered already - what are the audit/adjustment screens going to be like? Will it be in the typical B/W format but with some new options based on the new features....or a completely different format entirely?
Thanks!

#3235 10 years ago

Will the lumber for the cabinets and playfield be harvested from the same geographical region or ideally the same exact forests as the original?

If not, I'm out!

#3236 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I would really appreciate the smell of mine to have that bowling alley with a hint of cigarette smoke....Maybe let them sit in a cask for a bit. Bourbon never hurt anyone

that would need to be an option ... oh the headaches with these options!

#3237 10 years ago
Quoted from miggitymac:

Will the lumber for the cabinets and playfield be harvested from the same geographical region or ideally the same exact forests as the original?
If not, I'm out!

The lumber comes from the same forest as JJP's widebody playfield trees, but we cannot disclose anything more than that!

#3238 10 years ago

Is the wood organically grown? Free range?

#3239 10 years ago

For me, if the choice of smell doesn't feel right combined with one of the 12 tones of red trim options available, I'm going to have to wait and buy a HUO for $2,700.

Quoted from miggitymac:

If not, I'm out!

#3240 10 years ago

i think by definition the wood is free range We are using only happy trees which continue to be happy after they are sliced and cut into cabinets. They are grow organically, we use no artificial trees in the process that I am aware of (full disclosure).

#3241 10 years ago

My biggest concern is wasting all the beer. How many beers will be poured over the glass to seep through the games and re create that special Je ne sais quoi.

#3242 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

My biggest concern is wasting all the beer. How many beers will be poured over the glass to seep through the games and re create that special Je ne sais quoi.

Not just the beer, it has to be vintage beer. None of those post 1997 brands. Only original beer from that era so the aroma is a perfect match.

#3243 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

i think by definition the wood is free range We are using only happy trees which continue to be happy after they are sliced and cut into cabinets. They are grow organically, we use no artificial trees in the process that I am aware of (full disclosure).

Happy little trees.

tumblr_mcnt3eWHZX1qgla7so1_500.jpgtumblr_mcnt3eWHZX1qgla7so1_500.jpg

#3244 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

(Reposting since Rick is looking lol)
Rick - congrats on the successful Texas showing!
Quick question and I apologize if this has been covered already - what are the audit/adjustment screens going to be like? Will it be in the typical B/W format but with some new options based on the new features....or a completely different format entirely?
Thanks!

Along the lines of Greg's question, will there be updated Start button interactive help on the new machines? Will the user manual be updated to reflect the new hardware? And will the games come with schematics, or will those be available as a separate purchase (as I'm not actually sure if original Bally/WMS games actually shipped with schematics)...

#3245 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

My biggest concern is wasting all the beer.

No worries. After using it to marinate the machine, just put it in cans and sell as Natty Light.

#3246 10 years ago

fyi ... a few people have asked about mods and whether there will be mods and whether the existing mods will work. Yes, there will be mods (we don't make them others do), so I expect this to continue and maybe have more of. As to whether existing mods will work - I don't see why not, probably the only things that might need to be adjusted is where to take power from in certain circumstances, and as more is completed, that will become obvious to those making the mods and the mod makers can make any adjustments. As virtually all of the upper playfield parts are 'same' then I expect nothing in terms of fit/finish required.

rick

#3247 10 years ago

Trees will be harmed in the making of MMR? I thought only Faux wood would be used.

#3248 10 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Trees will be harmed in the making of MMR? I thought only Faux wood would be used.

It's okay. Great care is being taken to use only dolphin free wood.

#3249 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

fyi ... a few people have asked about mods and whether there will be mods and whether the existing mods will work. Yes, there will be mods (we don't make them others do), so I expect this to continue and maybe have more of. As to whether existing mods will work - I don't see why not, probably the only things that might need to be adjusted is where to take power from in certain circumstances, and as more is completed, that will become obvious to those making the mods and the mod makers can make any adjustments. As virtually all of the upper playfield parts are 'same' then I expect nothing in terms of fit/finish required.
rick

Will there be an easy way to access 12 V power to hook splitters up to? I know that is probably a silly question but I am a silly man.

#3250 10 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

rick

Safe to say that I will order mirror blades that fit Williams games?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.99
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 225.00
Cabinet - Other
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 84.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
FlyLand Designs

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

There are 5,463 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 110.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-pps-and-overall-update-official-pps-oct-21-2013/page/65 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.